Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Use rested xp fully, it's a great thing, it really is. Don't stress about gaining the levels either, just pick up and quest whenever. It's not like you have to gain one level in a sitting. And as others have said, how is it even taking that long? Geez Louise. Right now you also have the +10% buff from the darkmoon faire carousel.

I wish leveling took longer. The end game is the worst part of WoW, contrary to popular belief. That's the part where you run the same exact content over and over and over and over. At least when you're leveling you're always experiencing new stuff as you advance.

Oh Oh I forgot save a bunch of rested for 89-90 then have a friend with a 2seater flying mount fly you over and get you all the Pandaria greys!! Someone did this for me for my last 90 and it got me over 40% of the way! Also made me like 1,300g I believe which was very awesome. It pays to be kind and have nice friends in WoW

I don't know if it's true or not, but from what my time addled brain seems to remember, 85-90 is a LOT faster than 60-70 was when it was new, and what 70-80 was when it was new, or even 65-70 and 75-80.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    No they don't, heirlooms bonus XP stops working the moment you hit lvl 85. So many have tried this (including me) when mop released
    hmm, Coulda sworn I was getting more exp with them than without, just like the wrath ones at 80-81...

Oh well, I'll check again with my next 90.
    Won't make much difference, still hit 90 in like 2-3 days...
    (total of maybe 18 hours.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alwayshealing View Post
    Oh Oh I forgot save a bunch of rested for 89-90 then have a friend with a 2seater flying mount fly you over and get you all the Pandaria greys!! Someone did this for me for my last 90 and it got me over 40% of the way! Also made me like 1,300g I believe which was very awesome. It pays to be kind and have nice friends in WoW
    What do you mean the pandaria greys? You mean the rare mobs? How much exp do those give?

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 08:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    hmm, Coulda sworn I was getting more exp with them than without, just like the wrath ones at 80-81...

you play a lot of WoW... 18 hours in the course of 2 days is a shit ton of play time.

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post

Yeah, if you just grind away at it, 3 days, or a week if you go slower ...

It's just that doing the same damn quests over and over again is so freakin terrible. I wish the XP from instances and 5-mans wasn't so ridiculously low. You still have to run 5-mans for gear unless you want to loremaster Dread Wastes, and it's annoying to get like 3/4 of a bar from spending most of an hour in SPM.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have leveled 7 classes to 90, my rogue is at 87 as of last night, and my hunter/druid/monk are all at 85 waiting to go, so would like to say I have experienced the leveling content a few times enough to say it isn't exactly mind blowing at this point doing it for the 8th time, and I've lost a little steam for leveling.

That said, while overall it isn't a necessarily painful process, there are a few quests in certain zones that make me mini-nerd rage each time I get to them, such as getting the turtle meat to feed the baby bug in dread wastes. FUCKING MEATLESS TURTLES!!!

The Grey items you loot randomly over Pandaria while questing around. Just hold back the urge to loot them until u have a nice friend and some rested from 89-90 You will also get Exp/Gold/Achievement... Check it out http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...xperience.html

You don't have to play alt characters. They are a choice, and if you can't be patient and expect them to take some time to level, than don't level it. Anyways, MoP, along with Cata, takes less time to level a character through than Wrath or TBC did when they were current content by a long shot, before the xp was nerfed to oblivion, plus there was the addition of heirlooms and the extra guild bonus. After the beginning of Jade Forest, the quest content is not linear after you do an initial few quests in each zone so you're pretty incorrect there, as well.

Also, I currently have 4 90s, it really didn't take that long to level any of them. Especially when I keep up full rest, I would say it takes me about 12 hours or so to level a new toon from 85 and I know people can do it faster. Spread that twelve hours over a week or two and you're just talking about a little time here and there and I don't see the problem.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-03-05 at 08:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going with the lot on it isn't as long of a process as it is made out to be.

After the first time, you begin to get a feel of what was effective and you can run on that. Rested exp helps, dungeons can help, finding the random world riches helps (you get like 300k+ or double rested for each one). There's a few MoP items that are BoE and only require lv 85 that help you do effective damage at the start (Or if you're a monk, the spear from archaeology + the zen buff). Sure, it takes longer than the other expansions, but it's current content - it's going to be expected (except Cata... that was fast. Probably why they lengthened it here). On average, each level for me took about 4 hours.

Much like people I know in real life with their expectations, there's a LOAD of impatience getting to max level or gear themselves. Blizzard, in my opinion, is doing a fair job trying to keep a balance between being too slow and too fast. It is up to us to give them our opinion on these matters, but there are always arguments for both sides. Some like a good challenge, some like efficiency, some like length, some like touching story, some like good old destruction.. and they are trying to keep everyone in mind. NO they won't please everyone, but they do try for a majority - try finding a video on Youtube with about 9 million+ views and no "dislikes"... yeah, I didn't think so. =p

I found moments when even I was growing impatient on getting my alts to 90, but out there someone else is probably having the time of their life exploring this new land... and I'm sort of okay with that. Length doesn't have to be hard, just have a little patience and (well, of course) get out there. There is, in fact, an end in sight.

TLDR? Don't be Li Li. Slooow dooown.

Quote Originally Posted by squid View Post
    If you aren't a DPS spec in Pandaria, you're gonna have a bad time.

Holy paladin took me forevvverrrr. My other spec was prot but only had those vendor greens so I didn't even hit any harder...
    It is damn near free to dual spec now and in some cases, holy priests, the healing spec is faster and better for questing.

Lvling in Pandaria is rather quick, outside of the rep quests like Shado-pan there are enough quests that you can do different ones each time if you wanted.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblestikk View Post
    This topic is something that has sparked my interest enough, past the point of just lurking.

I started in Burning Crusade, and I have to say I have NEVER hated leveling in ANY expansion as much as the 85-90 curve of Pandaria.

We go from level 85 mobs with 85k HP in Cataclysm to level 85 Mobs with almost 400k that hit like Optimus Prime. Even with buying the greens to keep up with the flow of gear from the vendors stationed in towns in pandaria, I cant stand to level a hunter because my pet will die every two mobs.

I was able to level my Shaman to 90, very painfully but I was able to do it. I want to know why this curve is so hard.

In burning Crusade, Blizzard messed up with the gear. The Greens Replacing your epics right away... I felt that in Wrath and Cataclysm we had the smoothest transition.. why all of a sudden now, does Blizzard think they need to change it? I feel that the curve is too much from a HP/Damage point for the lower levels 85-86, and this is what stop me from making any alts.

I need at least 1 alt because I need him for Professions, but I would rather level a 1-90 character then 85-90, all because of Pandaria.
    Speaking of BS in the thread, this is a beautiful example of it. I've leveled up three hunters to 90 and this is complete BS. If your pet is dying constantly, you are just bad. Additionally, the fact that you're buying vendor gear for a pure dps class shows you're just an idiot. That gear is either to get someone up to 372ish if they had no gear or didn't exist at the end of Cata or for off-specs. If you never ran the Hour of Twilight dungeons as a pure dps and had no gems or enchants, you might buy some of the gear from the very first vendor as a hunter, but after that, you would never touch it because the quest rewards are so much better (Dread Wastes gives 437-450 gear, the vendor on the wall gives something like 403). Also, the gear curve is almost exactly the same as in Cata. I went into Cata with full raid gear, around ilevel 264. I replaced my last pieces sometime in Uldum. I went into Mists with full raid gear, around ilevel 395. I replaced my last pieces in late Townlong and early Dread Wastes. If anything, my gear lasted a bit longer. I've additionally leveled to 90 on characters that had very little gear compared to my main and had no trouble because the gear you get leveling is great.

I screwed up big time on my first character to 90 (I hadn't done the revamped Jade Forest in the beta and Dread Wastes had changed where you started and I didn't know how to get on the wall) and did it in less than 24 hours straight (was trying for realm first). My alts since then have taken 18-20 hours with rested xp and more experience in the zones. The leveling is fine. What I see are some perception problems. Blizzard says they've set up the five level leveling experiences to take the same amount of time as the ten level experiences. I believe it. The problem comes when you hit 89 and see that huge number of xp ahead of you. If it was split into 10 levels, even if it took the exact same amount of time, it would feel a lot more manageable to only need to get 15 millionish xp that last level rather than 27 million. I've found if I don't pay attention to the number, it feels more manageable. Additionally, the sheer number of alts many of leveled in Cata means that the alts we have are starting at the previous max. I went into Cata with only four or five 80's. I've come into MoP with something like 15 85's. I really hated the Cata zones by the end of the expansion, but going into them was broken up by having to level 1-80 first, and I leveled all those characters over almost two years. Now I'm looking at all these characters that have only the same content to go through. I've gotten through six of them, and yes, it's become painful to go through the same content over and over. But it's because it's not been broken up by the previous content and time, not because there's anything wrong with the content itself or the time needed to get through it.

If you don't want to level, then don't. There's enough to do that one character can do it for you. Most of the professions you can reach max level with and get the majority of useful stuff at 85. It would be nice to fly (I've strongly disagreed with the removal of it for leveling, if they want us on the ground they should be more creative to get us there, such as having thick forest canopies and the like) and it is a little odd after the last couple expansions to have no heirlooms that go all the way to 90, but honestly, 20 hours isn't some huge, insurmountable burden in an MMO.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they already make things easy enough on alts between the commendations and heirlooms up to 85.

Alts are not forced and if you choose to level one you know what you're getting into. Use the time to continue to learn/experiment with the class and enjoy yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokiron View Post
    I guess you missed the cloak and helm heirlooms all last expansion, and all the other ones that you could use during wotlk for 1-80. No exp boosts at all, yeah.
    Thats not what I mean at all, 15% is minor anyway. I'm talking about pure XP boosts by total xp required reduction. Also your snide reply, awesome and so relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only level when rested. If alt: get new 5.2 heirlooms.

Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What do you mean the pandaria greys? You mean the rare mobs? How much exp do those give?[COLOR="red"]
    All of these things http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7997

They're phased spawns and they're always in the same spot. You can only get each of them once per character and they will always be up until you get them.

They give a ton of exp with rested and a decent amount of gold for minimal effort as well.

Leveling is easy and not very time consuming. Anybody who thinks otherwise is clueless or doesn't have the mental capacity to figure out how to level quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Only level when rested. If alt: get new 5.2 heirlooms.

Problem solved.
    The 5.2 heirlooms only go to 85. Irrelevant to the thread.

Pace yourself, and try to ht quest hubs that you missed the first time around. Do dungeons once each for the quests, but it's not very efficient (and, in my opinion, boring) to endlessly dungeon grind 85-90. I agree that I would "like" it to be faster, but it really doesn't need to be. The idea of bonus experience for alts is a good one, I'll admit.

But hell, I even took an hour or so to camp Matar the Not-So-Smart for steamy romance novels to give to guildies as gag gifts on an alt-- got a full level out of like 10-20 kills and a few ore nodes, plus some fun collectibles, and I had a movie playing in another window while I waited for him to respawn. Try to think outside the box!