Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    why would I do a dungeon? it doesn't even give you a bar of xp.
    I queue for each instance directly, doing them once for the quests and never again.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I don't like how Jade Forest is the only zone you can start in once you reach 85. TBC had the same problem, but Zangarmarsh was doable at 60. WotLK had Borean Tundra + Howling Ford, Cata got Hyjal + Vash'Ir.
    This I will agree with and I too was disappointed in this change.

Like I said, I don't mind leveling, but not when it takes me all day to get one level.
    So you don't mind leveling, except when you mind it?

see, I know blind-support for blizzard would come in this thread already.

you have heirlooms to 85. why are they not to 90?
    they're going to nerf the xp in the end.
    they have buffs for alts already, just not xp. why not add a buff like valor of the ancients to alts?

too much blindness already itt
    It's so adorable how someone's a "blind supporter" of something just because they disagree with your whininess. Here's a hint: that's an extremely ineffective argument.

A) Heirlooms have worked all the way to level cap since Cataclysm.
    B) Eventually, sure. As usual. But the leveling content is still relevant.
    C) Why not just have every class at level cap once you have one character at level cap?

It's not blindness. This is an MMORPG. Leveling is a part of the game. You don't want to level. That's you're own problem. If you can't put forth the time and effort into something, you shouldn't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

*reads thread, fondly recalls MMO's where higher level gains were week long affairs, if not more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    So you don't mind leveling, except when you mind it?
    Don't be glib, you know what they meant by that.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 09:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    *reads thread, fondly recalls MMO's where higher level gains were week long affairs, if not more.
    *Remembers about walking to school in the snow uphill both ways, then remembers how shitty is was*
    Oh yea.

Agree with the OP. I went trough 85-90 recently, and it really feelt way to slow once you hit 87. Its bad enough going 85-87 with quest gear vs new mobs.

Edit: PS Lvling to level 60 inn 25 days back inn vanilla had its charm. Having an alt at level 40 with over 10 days played was also cool, but not nowdays.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I don't know. If it was stupid easy to level every class to 90, everyone would have a level 90 alt and switch mains at the whim of FOTM dps meters.

The 1-to-MAX grind is a deterrent. It isn't wrong to have multiple characters at max level. but I don't think cataclysm's model of "LEVEL ALL THE THINGS" is right.

You can full-clear jade forest, half clear V4W(till 88), skip karasang, skip (almost all) of kun-lai(unlock vale), clear (about)half of townlong(till 89), and start onto Dread Wastes to start getting the ilvl needed for heroics (You'll ding 90 somewhere during chen's storyline if you do it last, and have klaxxi rep to use your VP on.)

You already get a small XP boost from your guild. There's also the 300% XP potion http://www.wowhead.com/item=86574/el...ient-knowledge (which can be gamed if used at 84 to slingshot past 85). Various holiday events give XP boosts. The one thing they could add to make leveling faster would be flying pre-90.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    Maybe taking an hour at best if I got sloppy.
    Yeah, how about no. One quest rewards you EXACTLY 1.1% exp. Yes, I'm that precise. There's no way you can do about 85 quests in an hour.
    I too "buckled down and focused" yet it still took me half a day to go from 89 to90 with non-stop questing.

Note: I'm not one of the complainers by the way. I knew leveling would be long, boring and tedious. I leveled up 5 toons all the way to 90 to make gold. I need all of my characters - and their professions - available to their full potential.

I do agree pandaria feels painfully slow while leveling. You can only skip about 1 zone max if you want to hit 90, whereas in WOTLK you could skip the entirety of storm peaks and icecrown and still get to 80. Cata also had options for the starter zone and the followup zone.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm leveling a priest and I just hit 85. I didn't mind leveling, until now. I already have a 90, and I went through mists already. I know it's way too long, boring, linear, and much of the same going on. At least in cataclysm, each zone was uniquely different. Burning Crusade as well.

I'd like to know why, that people complain about dailies (and reputation previously) so much, yet not enough people complain about leveling alts to 90 from 85, especially when you already have a 90.

Blizzard implemented grand commendations for alts. They also gave us a buff for extra valor on alts. Why can not they NOT add a buff to increase xp to alts if you have a 90 on your account? I don't understand.

Not only that, but they're going to nerf the xp anyway before the next expansion like the other expansions.

It's ridiculous, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Like I said, I don't mind leveling, but not when it takes me all day to get one level.
    Dude are you serious? Your alts don't need to be powerleveled, if you put your alt on an Inn for 3-4 days and start from 85 you get way way fast level up. It is almost a joke, i run out of blue xp at 88.5level, was fully rested from 85 to 88.5. It is ridiculously easy to level up, imagine that it makes me sad to be forced to jump whole area chain quests just to get for example to towlong at 88 and dread wastes at 89. This happened on my 2nd alt character. My first alt character leveled almost entirely through instancing from 85 to 90, as a tank. I was doing 2-3 instances per day, i leveled and now this char is at 491 item level tanking everything without stress for gear.

Honestly, before my time-card ran out I had one level 88 DK. Got bored with the quests, and really did not have the drive to finish leveling him. Tried leveling different classes, still boring. The game just doesn't do much for me any more in terms of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    Well don't level up then silly! Nothings forcing you to, you can keep playing below max-level. You already have one 90 so it's not like you're missing anything anyways.
    This was my exact thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    why don't people complain about leveling instead of dailies?

because getting to 90 only takes 15 hours if you don't dick around too much

I think it's a good thing that it takes some time, it gives you a chance to become acquainted with your class' abilities and a chance to learn how to use them before jumping into high performance groups.

15+ Year Old Account
    You technically can use BOA's till 86.

this is why ill wait at last for the boa fly license, if blizzard never introduce it my alts will skip pandaria till next xpack when they nerf the xp required for each level; i still don't understand why blizzard cut off all the good shortcuts we once have for alts, no fly boa, no heirlooms all the way to the cap, shitty rep to grind again etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    It's obvious someone hasn't leveled through Jade Forest.

Twilight Highlands mob : Bloodeye Brute 85k HP
    Jade Forest mob : Thunder Hold Cannoneer 135k HP

A far cry from the 400k HP you state they have.
    When you get to Townlong you suddenly encounter considerably more buffed mobs. There's a steady diet of 300-400k health mobs from that point forward. Many of them have annoying abilities that prolong the killing process. They're also densely packed.

GC thinks it's a feature that leveling in Pandaria is "dangerous." I think it was interesting the first time, and pretty much terrible thereafter.

For me 85 -90 gets really obnoxious after a few alts. My solution would be to add more normal mode dungeons and increase the xp a little, Also incorporate scenarios into the leveling process just to break up the monotony of questing.

Deleted
    Personally I levelled 85-90 3 times now and did not even touch certain zones... As said before it's all about mixing up dungeons pvp and questing. It doesnt have to go fast if it's an alt right? The instances do not give you alot of xp indeed, but you fly through em and are always a little change to your normal questgrind. I never felt like it was problematic and the zones are not my favo's either.

15+ Year Old Account
    see, I know blind-support for blizzard would come in this thread already.

you have heirlooms to 85. why are they not to 90?
    they're going to nerf the xp in the end.
    they have buffs for alts already, just not xp. why not add a buff like valor of the ancients to alts?

too much blindness already itt
    Took them awhile to add 85 BoAs, give them awhile to add 90 BoAs. Too much blindness in this post already to respond to the rest.