Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    I really don't understand why blizzard doesn't just extend the maintenance from the get go.

Instead they say 11... which they know is not going to happen, because not once has that happened..

blizz = monkeys
    yet you pay money to play the game... does that make you a banana?

and if you are a banana.. how do you manage to play wow?

think about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Well i think everyone can agree with me, we saw that coming.
    should i start a thread, with people making bets on when the servers will come up?
    winner receives 1 free interwebs?
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by hambone2626 View Post
    i can not even get to login screen anyone else having this problem or is it just me
    It's Just you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    The debate is pretty much the standard mindset of the "Seers of MMO-Champion" that every life can be saved/preserved, no matter the person, scenario, legal ramifications, or anything that adds context to the argument otherwise. Even if posts like this or this show up, the Seers will barge right though, culminating all their knowledge of movies/tv/games/etc to create a 80 page epic that boils down to, "I thought of this, so they should of too!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Technology isn't perfect, and meeting a deadline isn't either. Random stuff can happen, patience is a virtue, and we go on with our miserable lives. See you in-game, whenever that may be. (=
    Last edited by rinea; 2013-03-05 at 08:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should grey out the March 5th on the luncher, and put a 6th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I think that might have been 3.2. I don't remember exactly but patch day for 3.2 was absolute hell. The maintenance times were ridiculous and even once we got into the game there were bugs all over the place for at least a few days if not a week =3
    It was the Ulduar patch (3.1). 3.2 wasn't too bad.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one seemes to realize that just because something worked ok on a test server dosent mean all will be well on a live server. More programs and process running on a live enviornment that you can not account for in a test so unseen problems arise. So sit back and calm down, not like you are gunna get exalted with the new factions in a single day.

Quote Originally Posted by rinea View Post
    It was the Ulduar patch (3.1).
    Think that's the one I was thinking of, oh man... the bugs... they were everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    3 words: Get. Over. It.

If you're seriously enraged by this you need help.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Place your bets folks. I miss old vanilla days when patches would be released whether or not they worked, then crash the server endlessly! Screw all this new stuff. I want boats that go through land!

If you wanna cry about it, think of last week(?) where it was supposed to be down till 11, and came up like 3 hours early.

Okay so im in central time zone, which according to what they had up on the login screen the game would come down at approximately 3am...now it MIGHT come back up at 3pm....what is going on?? I mean I know before back before 90% of the people on here even played, back in BC and before they went down around 5-7, enough time to check mail before work/school in the morning and were back up in 5-7 hours on patch days even. But now its 12 hours? probably even longer from how it's been lately, I understand that biggggg patch and better graphics and stuff now, but still..jeez -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I don't know if calling Blizz staff monkeys is really the right way to go. While it is true that major patch day maintenance usually gets extended... One can't really be sure that it's going to happen every time.

Software is fickle. When you see these kinds of things first hand, you tend to understand what goes on in the background. Any number of things can happen when applying data to a live server. One might think that it can be tested by using a test server, but that isn't necessarily the case. To that point, I have seen what happens when game data is loaded on to a live server... After being tested on internal dev servers. Upload failures abound. I was working for Arenanet at the time. We were pushing game data to a live server in Germany for Gamescom a couple years ago (the demo that had the Shatterer)... We all got to the office early just in case... And we were still delayed due to upload issues.

That said, I could agree with you that maybe making the announcement for a longer (12 hour maintenance) is a good thing to do. Might make the community happy if Maintenance could be finished before the stated end time. /shrug

I do hope that people would rather have a stable game environment instead of an unstable pile of goo... Maybe I am wrong... Who knows.
    Oh I think there are enough of us left that remember the old days to know we would rather wait a few extra hours than have it come up and be practically unplayable. I've experienced that enough over my MMO playing days and I'm kind of glad that at least now when it comes up, its usually up and stable.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's obvious to me the majority of people here have never been involved in a large software upgrade. You can do dummy runs to ensure you haven't missed anything and check timings, but invariably a quirk such as a server failure midway through can throw these timings out. Plus many other things come to play which may cause delays. So stop your whining because you have been unable to get into the game for a WHOLE hour or so. I think some people are not happy unless they have something to whinge about.

It sucks but it always happens. If they do a last minute push up on the time they are shutting down 3am to 1am pst then you know it is going to go long the next day as well.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Cotton123 View Post
    Okay so im in central time zone, which according to what they had up on the login screen the game would come down at approximately 3am...now it MIGHT come back up at 3pm....what is going on?? I mean I know before back before 90% of the people on here even played, back in BC and before they went down around 5-7, enough time to check mail before work/school in the morning and were back up in 5-7 hours on patch days even. But now its 12 hours? probably even longer from how it's been lately, I understand that biggggg patch and better graphics and stuff now, but still..jeez -_-
    Yeah they were back up, but you dealt with all kinds of issues, lots of restarts, world server failures, BG's and Instances not letting you in. Today we don't really have those isses, once they are up they are up except for maybe a rolling restart early in the morning.

You may be suffering from a bit of nostalgia as well, Vanilla, TBC, and Wrath all had their extended days too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Or you could just expect problems and save yourself the hassle?
    Regardless of whether or not you expect it (you should, of course) why the hell don't they just change it? Just say "It'll be up at 4 pm PST", then if they get done early it would just be a bonus! I think it would seriously save on a bunch of "NICE JOB EXTENDING MAT. BLIZZ GG!!!!1!" in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekreab View Post
    It's obvious to me the majority of people here have never been involved in a large software upgrade. You can do dummy runs to ensure you haven't missed anything and check timings, but invariably a quirk such as a server failure midway through can throw these timings out. Plus many other things come to play which may cause delays. So stop your whining because you have been unable to get into the game for a WHOLE hour or so. I think some people are not happy unless they have something to whinge about.
    Actually hasn't been that much if any whining in this thread. Its mostly been people talking about how they expected it.

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Well i think everyone can agree with me, we saw that coming.
    I'd actually be worried if it WASN'T extended. I don't like change ;-p

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard Entertainment: Fucking up patch day since 2005!
    I'm not expecting servers to be up 'till well after 4.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodGutter View Post
    Yeah I'm hoping it doesn't get pushed back any more. 1am my time in the middle of a week is already a bad enough time to be gaming :P
    Why US, why not EU.? The time diffrnce is less.
    Be feared, or be fuel