Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Server maintanance extensions isnt exactly a new thing now is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Didn't we go an entire day of downtime before? I want to say patch 3.0 or 3.1
    Yeah, I remember the Wrath systems patch-- that was 3.0, right? Cap wasn't raised, but we got all the new talents and abilities.

I think servers came back up sometime around 6 or 7pm PST that day.

Honestly, just slow down, and try to learn to anticipate a few hours' delay on major patch days (then you get to be pleasantly surprised when they're on time!).

Blizzard tends to underestimate maintenance times on patch days for whatever reason, most other MMOs I have played tend to overestimate.

How frustrating that is will depend on the person I suppose, but I do find it interesting that Blizzard seems the odd man out in trying to be optimistic about downtimes.

I guess this is one of the many benefits of having a day job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

I was actually very surprised how smooth MOP was released.. 10 mins early and no lag? well maybe because my server was dead but.... hey they're trying. It'll be up soon, some people need to relaxxxxx and find a hobby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    I guess this is one of the many benefits of having a day job.
    Was going to say the same thing, glad you beat me to it for a change.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Maintenance extended...? *sigh*

Thanks Obama.

Blizzard are the only ones honestly expecting servers to be up by 11pst. Every single content patch. How many times must they go through this? They might better take into account that they never get it done by their estimate and tag on an extra couple of hours for those few that believe their notes.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's probably gonna get extended again. Bleh. I wanted to prep and do shit before raid.

Servers are coming back up, tried to login and Medhiv is already up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    The debate is pretty much the standard mindset of the "Seers of MMO-Champion" that every life can be saved/preserved, no matter the person, scenario, legal ramifications, or anything that adds context to the argument otherwise. Even if posts like this or this show up, the Seers will barge right though, culminating all their knowledge of movies/tv/games/etc to create a 80 page epic that boils down to, "I thought of this, so they should of too!"

For everyone saying why don't they just estimate 3pm and if they come up early great ...

You'll then hear massive complaining about how some people got a head start on them. Blizzard can't win either way.

Well, they are getting somewhere, just tried to log in, took me to the Medivh server selection screen

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have patience and understand that large patch days are always delayed. Good news for me though; I don't have to work tonight hehe :P

you can't connect to Medivh, though, it DC's you if you try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    The debate is pretty much the standard mindset of the "Seers of MMO-Champion" that every life can be saved/preserved, no matter the person, scenario, legal ramifications, or anything that adds context to the argument otherwise. Even if posts like this or this show up, the Seers will barge right though, culminating all their knowledge of movies/tv/games/etc to create a 80 page epic that boils down to, "I thought of this, so they should of too!"

I see Medivh up as well, hopefully getting there soon.

Yikes most people I've ever seen in the general forums. People must be dying for some wow.

15+ Year Old Account
    What the hell? a queue on Medivh? What is this nonsence?

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Yeah, I remember the Wrath systems patch-- that was 3.0, right? Cap wasn't raised, but we got all the new talents and abilities.

I think servers came back up sometime around 6 or 7pm PST that day.

Honestly, just slow down, and try to learn to anticipate a few hours' delay on major patch days (then you get to be pleasantly surprised when they're on time!).
    They comped us a day of game time which was nice.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

And now I see a shit ton up. Nice. Good luck out there everyone!

Most of the time I don't even play on patch day. Even when it does go up, the quality of play is shit. Every time. My old guild didn't even bother scheduling raids until two days after a patch released because they knew how shitty it would be. Man I miss those guys. They actually knew how to understand and comprehend things. They had sense.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.