Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How is this even possible?

Since this is posted at Diabloprogress its openly available to the public. I was looking across the top ranked classes for America by DPS and came across an account that just baffles me. This guy has the #1 Witchdoctor, the #2 Monk, and also the #6 Barbarian. Theres no possible way you get 3 different classes ranked top 10 without spending a shitload on the RMAH. Also look at the elite kills per class seems silly low considering I have double that and my gear blows. I just dont see how this guy got all his gear legitimately unless he just dropped like 10 grand on the RMAH.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dragon666-6988/

Duh? Honestly probably _none_ of the top players haven't spent real money. When every piece of gear you're wearing costs at least 2 Billion gold, there's no amount of luck that will get you there from just what you found and sold yourself. It's either reselling and putting it back into your character (which is potential missed out $), or straight-up credit-carding.

"I've seen my neighbour on ferrari, lamborghini and porshe! He must have spend shitload amount of money to buy them! How is it even possible?"

What's your point?

Is it possible to make money reselling high level items on AH? Sure it is.
    Are there crazy people paying thousands of $ per items? Sure there are.
    Are these items from black market? Most likely they are.

Are you affected in any way? Nah, you would never meet this guy in the game.

Drops arent nearly as bad as people make them out to be. Got my barb a new echoing fury with socket and 264 str, 2 tal amulets and all sorts of other crap in 5-7 games yesterday. Day before a str trifecta with 97 vit. Once you get nice gear and understand your class, they drop a ton.

Realistically they are probably botting and handing over the gold to their main account.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Since this is posted at Diabloprogress its openly available to the public. I was looking across the top ranked classes for America by DPS and came across an account that just baffles me. This guy has the #1 Witchdoctor, the #2 Monk, and also the #6 Barbarian. Theres no possible way you get 3 different classes ranked top 10 without spending a shitload on the RMAH. Also look at the elite kills per class seems silly low considering I have double that and my gear blows. I just dont see how this guy got all his gear legitimately unless he just dropped like 10 grand on the RMAH.

Some people still play 20 hours per day. I don't, but I am not them...

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Drops arent nearly as bad as people make them out to be. Got my barb a new echoing fury with socket and 264 str, 2 tal amulets and all sorts of other crap in 5-7 games yesterday. Day before a str trifecta with 97 vit. Once you get nice gear and understand your class, they drop a ton.
    Yea but having 3 different characters in the top 10 with two of them being #1 and #2? The odds of them getting that from actual drops...theres not even a number high enough to express those odds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea but having 3 different characters in the top 10 with two of them being #1 and #2? The odds of them getting that from actual drops...theres not even a number high enough to express those odds.
    I would guess the number of players living on their drops is relatively low. Nothing amazing about that.

Of course it's the RMAH. I largely thought we were past the point where people were expressing outrage that it was being used. Someone has a lot of money to burn.

The only way to win if you're not going to pay to win in D3 is to not give a flying fuck about who's #1 or care about rankings at all. Just play your game and ignore everyone else. That's a bad attitude in a game there's a social element but that's the way things are. People with money will have the best gear.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

literally every item on those chara is a 250 euro....minimum most likely more even 2b is nothing.

i'd say all those items are so damn perfect its more like 1 trillion gold.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean...is no one going to notice the obvious...?

Clearly Dragon666 is in league with the dark lord. I mean, it's right there in the name. Maybe he is even Diablo, playing Diablo.

Inceptionablo.
    BAD WOLF

Interesting, i never looked at his tag. Apparently clan 666 is the best in the game. I met a nice dh who has 600k dps (without steady aim, all trifecta, best ive seen) also with the 666 in their name.

I was gonna say dupers but they are actually good at the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't help but wonder how far that monk can farm. With 30k health, and no resists, he should die pretty quickly. Not even any life on hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I can't help but wonder how far that monk can farm. With 30k health, and no resists, he should die pretty quickly. Not even any life on hit.
    He can't.
    His gear is not for farming, his gear is to rank on diabloprogress and to troll people like TS.

Most people have 2 sets of gear - for farming and for ubers. This guy has third - "for show off". Like most of the people in top 50 btw.

Realistically they are probably botting and handing over the gold to their main account.
    Neither nice gear nor understanding your class affect drop-rates, let alone said drops being good items. Luck is luck. Fact remains you can't get a top-tier character without either pitching in real money or reselling items. And I'm not saying this out of any sense of jealousy or anything--I'm in the top 200~ for my class in DPS, it's just the way of the game and the value of those tippy-toppy items.

I'm pretty sure it's all about RNG and not about skill/gear. I haven't gotten a single good drop since paragon level 10. I'm currently level 28 on my barb. By good drop I mean anything worth more than 1 million gold... yup, RNG is RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's all about RNG and not about skill/gear. I haven't gotten a single good drop since paragon level 10. I'm currently level 28 on my barb. By good drop I mean anything worth more than 1 million gold... yup, RNG is RNG.
    Imagine a server with 5 people on it.
    Item1 has 10% chance to drop per hour of playing
    Item2 1% chance
    Item3 0.001% chance.
    You farm 300k gold/hour passively.

5 players begin farming. player1 finds item1 and sell it to player2 for 1million. Lets call it initial price for this item.

- After 20 hours all players farmed 10 item1 and player2 found item2. He puts this item on AH for 20 million but no one can afford it yet. Every player got around 6m from farming. What happens to item1? All players already bought/farmed item1, they don't need it. And they continue to get more of them. Item1 price drops to 100k.

- After 200 hours of farming. Every player farmed 60 million. All of them bought or farmed item1. They put additional item2 on Ah for 1m. They farmed over 60 Item, no one needs it, price drops to 5k.

- After 2000 hours of farming they found 2 item3. One is listed on AH for 2 billions. And player1 bought another one. Item2 price is now around 50k. Item1 price is equal to the cost of reagents.

And suddenly... they got new player on their server! Lets call him Player6. Or Ifeanychukwu, for example.
    Ifeanychukwu comes to servers, spends 1 hour farming, buys item 1 and item2. (There should be around a thousand item1 and a hundred of item2 on AH by that time).
    Ifeanychukwu plays for 20 more hours, hits level 28 on his barbarian and finds his first item2.
    And SUDDENLY realizes that no one needs it! No one buys it even for 50k. He looks around and notices play1 with 2billion item on him.

And he goes to forum and begins crying "RNG is RNG".

Now imaging that there are a 50k players playing the game. What would it change? NOTHING. It would make it even worth. item1 and item2 would be even cheaper because 50k players farm thousands of them per hour. And item3 would be even more pricey. Because no players want items they can farm by themselves, they want rare items that never drop.
    There are a lot of items, item1-item(10^5000000). But no matter what, you can't sell items because you are trying to sell the same items that drop pretty much for everyone in this game.

You want to get 1million worth item after paragon level20? I got bad news for you- there is over a million Paragon lvl20 characters. If they all get 1million worth item before paragon lvl20, it means that there will be a million of "1m worth" items and they will NOT be worth 1million. Their price will drop to 100k, and than to 10k in no time. Because people continue to farm and to get more "1m worth" items, when no one already needs them.

If you actually got 1m worth item, it means that you WAS LUCKY. If you did not - than everything is the way it should be. Its not "bad luck", its not "RNG". You got exactly the loot you was statistically supposed to get.

So please.. stop telling this "RNG" story. You are not unlucky. You are absolutely average. Call me when you hit plvl100 without a single 1m worth item.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Have you reached 300mf yet? Are you running mp2 or mp7? Maybe mf really does work, im at 499 (with merc on mp7) and ive found two trifecta rings in the past 3 days, along with a ton of other legendaries i brimstone. Im also finding upgrades for my chars (all 5), i never used the rmah like others so i still have the ability to upgrade my items.

Rmah is so bad for this game in so many ways.

First game of the day, got a legendary (sword that summons angel) before i hit 3 stacks.

Shen long fist (999.2 dps, 193 dex, 198 vit, 902 loh). First time getting that one
    Last edited by chadwix; 2013-03-06 at 06:37 PM.

The biggest baddest players use the RMAH heavily. To put it in Hollywood terms...they fucked their way to the top.

its really RNG.. lvl 43 paragon atm on my barb and ive only found one item that sold for more than 10m. Nats boots that sold for 16m.

lvl 43 paragon is like.. a few hundred runs of act 3 on mp0-1 btw.. i clear a3 regularly on mp1 jus for speedy elite kills on my barb.. to only find 1 drop when im halfway done grinding out paragon does seem a lil odd doesnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    its really RNG.. lvl 43 paragon atm on my barb and ive only found one item that sold for more than 10m. Nats boots that sold for 16m.

lvl 43 paragon is like.. a few hundred runs of act 3 on mp0-1 btw.. i clear a3 regularly on mp1 jus for speedy elite kills on my barb.. to only find 1 drop when im halfway done grinding out paragon does seem a lil odd doesnt it?
    Level 42 is actually just a beginning of a serious grinding. Its not "Halfway", its more like 20%.
    Why do you expect miracles to happen? You are not supposed to get 100m item on your first 40 paragon level. Its possible, but you should be lucky to get one. Maybe in top 1% of lucky players.
    100 million after first 40 hours of farming? Seriously? Too good to be true, sorry.
    You'll get significantly better items later. You can safely expect one 10m item(or several 1-5m items) per 10hours of farming(or to be precise per 500 elite kills ) on 400mf+ (you should be already close to this number with your paragon level).

And 100 paragon level is not a magic number. The game does not end when you reach this level, and playing on lower paragon difficulties is not much different. Its still the boring, pointless farming. Well, at least you wouldn't need to wear your mf gear anymore.

... Theres no possible way you get 3 different classes ranked top 10 without spending a shitload on the RMAH...

The thing I noted, is his/her 35 Marquise gems (~700mio gold, excl. other upgrades)... . I don't know about the rest of you, but I think that's a bit much.

Then again... I Haven't played a whole lot, due to the good oll' statement "Blah blah, my luck -rating is negative".
    Last edited by Strafferen; 2013-03-07 at 01:32 PM.
    Former Wotlk Paladin Blockbot | 105,2% avoid / 3700 BV | Lots of old content soloed, incl. 3 factionleaders (Wrynn, Gnome king, Valen). - Currently exploring the fun of Soloing with new characters.

- I tend to think sentences faster than I can type, in replies, so often there is spelling and wording mistakes. Sorry.