Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Who will Nazgrim side with? Garrosh or the rebellion?

Dave Kosak: We'll see where Nazgrim's loyalties lie before this is all through.

Nazgrim is the everyman's orc- a soldier doing his job. He has a mind of his own, though, so.. who will Nazgrim side with, when it comes down to his Warchief vs his Horde? What choice will he make?

I think he'll go with us, the players. but it will be a BIG turning point for his character, and a lot of other orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    Dave Kosak: We'll see where Nazgrim's loyalties lie before this is all through.

Nazgrim is the everyman's orc- a soldier doing his job. He has a mind of his own, though, so.. who will Nazgrim side with, when it comes down to his Warchief vs his Horde? What choice will he make?

I think he'll go with us, the players. but it will be a BIG turning point for his character, and a lot of other orcs.
    All we need is Thrall to pull out his balls and he will be with us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nazgrim will change side the second Garrosh tries to infect him. At most he would be some boss in the raid getting saved from the corruption, but while he is with Garrosh now he isn't made out to be an evil character.

You also see it in the fact that the other leaders trust him with passing on information to the player.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nazgrim is a character who, for all his aggressive behavior, hasn't really crossed the line in any bad degree. Sure he was half the reason the sha of doubt destroyed yu'lons statue along with taylor, but thats just from the normal kind of ignorance war brings you.

But, he hasn't stepped over the insane general line, unlike some orc generals and commanders we've seen like in stonetalon, or ones like malkorok. Infact, I would find it amusing if in Nazgrim siding with the rebellion, we see a stand off between him and Malkorok, kind of like he who is loyal to Garrosh and he who is loyal to the true horde.

I'm thinking that, as the 'everyman orc' Nazgrim's going to be used to show the turning point, where the rest of the Orcs rebel against Garrosh.

When Nazgrim, who's been pretty on board with the War, agrees Garrosh has gone too far, -that- is when things hit the fan.
    Twas brillig

Deleted
    Well, garrosh made him climb the escalation ladder, on WotLK, when Thrall was warchief, Nazgrim was sergeant, which is the third rank of the horde (starting from the beginning, lowest to highest), Garrosh became warchief and Nazgrim got even more involved in his faction, he jumped from sergeant to legionnaire which is the eigth rank of the horde, and on Mists of Pandaria, he became general, which is the twelfth horde rank.
    I think that Nazgrim will be on Garrosh side, maybe as warlord or high warlord, because garrosh valued him, because garrosh made him important.
    He may be one of the Siege of Orgrimmar's bosses.

However, i'm possibly wrong, and maybe Nazgrim will fight on our side, and after all, maybe the next warchief will reward him with an higher title, warlord or high warlord.

When Garrosh slays Saurfang in cold demon blood, it will be Nazgrim who receives The Cleave as Saurfang's final act; he will become who he was destined to be.

From what I've seen of him in Pandaria, he's more of an orc that sides with Garrosh. He could side with Garrosh, but turn good after you defeat him in Orgrimmar.

He also has potential to be the next warchief.

I think Nazgrim will side with Garrosh, and will eventually turn into the victim, the catalyst the shows the rest of the orcs that "Holy shit, Garrosh has crossed the line"
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Benno View Post
    When Garrosh slays Saurfang in cold demon blood, it will be Nazgrim who receives The Cleave as Saurfang's final act; he will become who he was destined to be.
    damn i truelly hope it's true xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Nazgrim is loyal and anti-Alliance, but I really think his heart and spirit are in the right place. I'd rather see him survive than fight him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Well, garrosh made him climb the escalation ladder, on WotLK, when Thrall was warchief, Nazgrim was sergeant, which is the third rank of the horde (starting from the beginning, lowest to highest), Garrosh became warchief and Nazgrim got even more involved in his faction, he jumped from sergeant to legionnaire which is the eigth rank of the horde, and on Mists of Pandaria, he became general, which is the twelfth horde rank.
    I think that Nazgrim will be on Garrosh side, maybe as warlord or high warlord, because garrosh valued him, because garrosh made him important.
    He may be one of the Siege of Orgrimmar's bosses.

However, i'm possibly wrong, and maybe Nazgrim will fight on our side, and after all, maybe the next warchief will reward him with an higher title, warlord or high warlord.
    ... Implying NPC's think like players because titles are apparently all that matter...? Wut?
    Twas brillig

Nazgrim is a "true orc". And well, if Blizzard will be so kind to give him more developement in further patches, I'm sure he will be the one to tell us what a "true orc" really means.

Myself, I'd rather see him remaining by Garroshes side, whatever Garroshes state would be. It could make a really nice boss encounter, and as well another apporach to a boss character: a person who we don't hold grudge against, and that does not want us any harm, but we need to kill. Nazgrim seems for me as a simple man - in the best meaning of this. I assume he swore a vow to Garrosh that he will remain loyal by all means, and the phases "Victory or Death" or "Blood and Honor" really mean something to him. Thus, he can be this tragic character, who we are sympathetic with, but still need to kill in our quest.

Seeing him as a part of the rebellion, especially a commander of some sort... wouldn't want that. Not now, not ever. First of all, this would be the final stample of MoP black and white mentality - good guys go left, bad guys go right. Nazgrim has potential to be something more than "the good" or "the bad". Moreover, look who is in the rebellion now. Thrall. Vol'Jin. Baine. Lor'Themar. Saurfang. Those are big characters, leaders and heroes or many kinds. Nazgrim standing among them would just be a pushover, this another character that somehow managed to fit in and nobody really cares. Garrosh on the other hand does not have that many certain allies (unless Blizzard makes an ass pull with Grimtotem/Twilight Cult/Demons allying with Garrosh) - Nazgrim would be another person on the other side we can refer to.

If you click on Nazgrim a whole lot, and listen to his "pissed" audio, you get a better idea of how he feels.

"A new land, he says. Paint it red, he says. *Sigh*"

As well as an ominous poem.

"Blood in the soil, makes for more toil! Tell the bloody earth, a new Horde to give birth!"

Both can be seen as rather "anti" war. He seemed annoyed by the fact Garrosh told him to "paint it red" in the first line, sighing at such a command, and the whole "blood in the soil makes for more toil" is a flowery way of saying that all the war and death won't make their lives any easier down the line. The final line of "tell the bloody earth, a new horde to give birth" can be seen as him hoping for a change in the Horde once the dust settles.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

I feel like he has a backstory yet unveiled, he was with us since wrath i got somewhat used to save his ass every new xpack; hope blizzard let him be with the new warchief.

a little ot is true that anduin still at the veiled star with dezco protecting him?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

He face a Mogu ambush, Taylor will save him.
    And see that the human have some good valor and Garrosh will try to kill Taylor, then Nazgrim will interfere
    Or something like that, I see a love story beetween Taylor and Nazgrim
    (see koltira and thassarian)

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    a little ot is true that anduin still at the veiled star with dezco protecting him?
    Apparently yes, thats true. Such a shame to the Tauren...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Apparently yes, thats true. Such a shame to the Tauren...
    Man can only wish we will get a chance to put him out of his misery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    ... Implying NPC's think like players because titles are apparently all that matter...? Wut?
    All that matters ?
    He got thoses titles by serving Garrosh, by leading garrosh's Kor'Krons, also if we read his quests, we can see that he share Garrosh's opinion about war against the Alliance.

When did he get thoses titles ? When Garrosh was warchief
    How did he get thoses titles ? By serving Garrosh
    Why did he got thoses titles ? Cause he served Garrosh aswell

Duh ?