Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I would go with 485. Currently most people in my guild are 485-495 but only maybe 12-15 of us actually *play* like we're 485-495.

That being said, I'm still pretty sure my group could take down Jin'Rokh with a night of solid attempts but the GM seems pretty adamant about finishing 5.0 content. We'll probably go in there with our core during an off-night and attempt the 10m version.

The DPS check for Jin'rokh is probably easier than Garalon normal to be honest, and mechanically probably the easiest boss this expansion (maybe Gara'jal?). On our kill our 2 healers combined only had to do 120K HPS for ~ 4 minutes so it's also easily 2-healable.

We had to bring in some subs last night because a few of our core raiders couldn't make it. In 5.1, we were 16/16 and 2/16H and our raid's ilvl was anywhere from 479 to 498 with the average probably around 490.

We got to about 15% on Jin'rokh in our first few attempts with 9 people. Once our 10th logged on we easily 2-shot the boss. We probably would have 1-shot him but someone accidentally wiped the raid :|

Second boss was a lot more difficult for us. Took a few tries to get the coordination down and our dps was a bit too low to burst down the P2 adds (our sub was a 479 rogue).

Guild has killed 4/13 bosses so far but from what I've seen Jin'rokh is doable in ~483 gear. After the first boss, there is a serious step up in terms of difficulty. I would suggest having ~502 ilvl for Horridon/Council/Tortos. For those who are struggling to get better gear in order to do ToT, remember Blizzard increased the Elder Charm chance to 20. I have been hunting elites in Thunder of Isle with a random raid group and got the Key to Lei Shen's Palace. After watching a video on Icy Veins in order to learn how to efficiently do Lei Shen's Palace, I was able to get 10 elder charms by looting the chests. If your guild is still doing 5.0 raid bosses, having 10+ elder charms would definitely come in handy Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Stryk; 2013-03-07 at 08:31 AM.

I would say that the first boss is about the same difficulty as the two first in Heart of Fear, and the second boss will be hard even for people who are 16/16 normal T14.

So if your guild is one of those who are stuck on Garalon I would recommend going for the first boss and then continuing in T14 until you are decently geared (490-495) before moving on in ToT.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    My group went in with quite a few fill ins including some pugs. Had a i470 tank and a couple of dps below or around 480. Most of the rest of the group 485-490. We were able to kill the first boss fairly easily once we mastered the mechanics. Fairly happy with the nights efforts and I would say first boss in ToT is far easier than Blade lord (2nd boss HoF). Ramps up quite a bit from there onwards though. If you are still working through HoF and ToES then the first boss is definately worth adding to your weekly roster.

what they still stuck garalon on him tell the bug we did it it so easy.

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 07:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stryk View Post
    Guild has killed 4/13 bosses so far but from what I've seen Jin'rokh is doable in ~483 gear. After the first boss, there is a serious step up in terms of difficulty. I would suggest having ~502 ilvl for Horridon/Council/Tortos. For those who are struggling to get better gear in order to do ToT, remember Blizzard buffed the elder charm loot chance. I have been hunting elites in Thunder of Isle with a random raid group and got the Key to Lei Shen's Palace. After watching a video on Icy Veins in order to learn how to efficiently do Lei Shen's Palace, I was able to get 10 elder charms by looting the chests. If your guild is still doing 5.0 raid bosses, having 10+ elder charms would definitely come in handy Hope this helps.
    um no they didn't buff loot chance on elder charms i used both mine in 10 man terrace on first boss and tesulong for healing trinket only got gold its broken. its a freeking 10 man how could i possbly get gold from bosses that didnt drop my stuff i was only 1 who rolled a bonus.
    Last edited by fireywrath; 2013-03-07 at 12:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fireywrath View Post
    what they still stuck garalon on him tell the bug we did it it so easy.
    wat

Quote Originally Posted by fireywrath View Post
    um no they didn't buff loot chance on elder charms i used both mine in 10 man terrace on first boss and tesulong for healing trinket only got gold its broken. its a freeking 10 man how could i possbly get gold from bosses that didnt drop my stuff i was only 1 who rolled a bonus.
    1. Bonus rolls have nothing to do with the regular drops
    2. Bonus rolls have nothing to do with how many other members of your raid used them
    3. What Stryk meant was that they buffed the amount you can get per week

Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    I would say that the first boss is about the same difficulty as the two first in Heart of Fear, and the second boss will be hard even for people who are 16/16 normal T14.

So if your guild is one of those who are stuck on Garalon I would recommend going for the first boss and then continuing in T14 until you are decently geared (490-495) before moving on in ToT.
    Second boss is hard for us, and we killed 8 heroic t14 bosses, we really just never got a lot of good gear so only two are even over 500 and we are kind of carrying a bit. The gear check starts with the second boss, and it's a very huge step up. It's really, really not fun. I would say if you completed normal modes you have what it takes to kill the first boss, who is vastly undertuned. 502 minimum is easily what you will need to do the second boss onwards, and you'll need more and more as you advance through the instance. Ignore the people saying 480 is enough, they are doing it in 515+ gear and even if their 'lolalts' have done it in 495ish gear they aren't keeping in mind not everyone operates at the skill level of a 16/16 HC guild either.

Tl;DR: Mid 480s for Jin'Rokh, don't even bother unless everyone is at least 500 for anything else. Horridon requires more of your raid than H will before patch.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Second boss is hard for us, and we killed 8 heroic t14 bosses, we really just never got a lot of good gear so only two are even over 500 and we are kind of carrying a bit. The gear check starts with the second boss, and it's a very huge step up. It's really, really not fun. I would say if you completed normal modes you have what it takes to kill the first boss, who is vastly undertuned. 502 minimum is easily what you will need to do the second boss onwards, and you'll need more and more as you advance through the instance. Ignore the people saying 480 is enough, they are doing it in 515+ gear and even if their 'lolalts' have done it in 495ish gear they aren't keeping in mind not everyone operates at the skill level of a 16/16 HC guild either.

Tl;DR: Mid 480s for Jin'Rokh, don't even bother unless everyone is at least 500 for anything else. Horridon requires more of your raid than H will before patch.
    We went back and cleared H HoF for 509 gear. 10% nerf makes H HoF and H MSV so trivial.

485 is enough for the 1st one. after that you might want to try after you get 495ish

We killed the first boss with nobody at 500 ilvl. Our lowest player was 480. The second boss however we were not meeting the 70 second add destruction mark. So it appears a few more TOES clears are in order.

This was of course ten man. With 25 you can get by with less.
    Last edited by judgementofantonidas; 2013-03-08 at 05:06 AM.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Man some of you guys are crazy... 480-485 you will probably get wrecked after the first boss really bad, and also if you are that low because your primary raiding so far was lfr, you will really get smashed because 2nd boss on has a lot of mechanics and requires a reasonably solid execution of them. On the other hand, my raid avg ilvl was 500.3 on tuesday and we've got 5 bosses down so far (almost 6) and every single wipe was due to mechanics. 496 starting avg ilvl for your raid is easily enough to be in here because at least the first 6 won't block you due to gear checks and you will quickly ramp up your ilvl with the 522s. This idea ToT is tuned for 500+ is a load of crap unless by "tuned for 500+" you mean all healing and dps checks are absolutely trivial at that ilvl.

Now I will say that if you are use to normal mode mechanics, the amount of different crap some of these early bosses do might be a lot to handle. Horridron and Council (bosses 2 and 3) have more important mechanics than quite a few heroic t14 encounters. So while 496 gear is easily enough to go to ToT, if your raid had problems with the mechanics of t14 normal and you are around 496, expect a fairly rough time in ToT (not to say you shouldn't try it).
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2013-03-08 at 08:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Man some of you guys are crazy... 480-485 you will probably get wrecked after the first boss really bad, ...
    What I am getting from this thread is that the first boss IS doable at modest gear levels. On the ptr it was pretty tight dps check - requiring about 100k dps per dpser (each tank counting as a half a dps). But from a comment on wowhead, Jin'rokh's health was lowered by about a third when it came to live and some kills on World of Logs show averages of around 66k dps (note the fight includes a considerable dps buff from standing in the water). This is in line with the developers' comment that it should be accessible to guilds working on Garalon 10N.

However, the message about other bosses is that they are much more demanding, both in tactics and in throughput.

25m - If the mega-thread about Horridon is anything to go by, you should easily be able to kill the first couple of bosses with an ilvl of around 485-490, with the trash supposedly being harder than the bosses. (most 25m guilds on the Horridon thread seem to have 1-4 shot him, some without even knowing the tactics)

10m - It is very unlikely you'll get past Horridon unless you have a minimum average ilvl of 495, and to make it easy on you you'd probably want to be closer to 500 or so unless you have a very good setup for the encounter. That being said, Jin'rokh is definitely doable at a much lower item level, so there is no reason not to try him out to see if you can't add him to your weekly schedule.
    Last edited by Akylios; 2013-03-08 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    First boss = 480. Everything else 500+.
    That pretty much seconds our experience from the first two days. Our 10man average ilvl is about 500 with two healers at 490 who just rerolled. We one-shot the first boss, took 5 tries for the seconds, 20 for the third, 10 on turtle rape and currently working on Maegara. Our healers seem to be the bottleneck though. To sum it up, yes you basically should be able to clear normal ToT with 502 gear as you got on PTR (can't tell for later bosses). But you won't clear it on the first reset, maybe even not on the second. If you are in an above average guild you probably killed at least 10/16hc in 5.0 and have an average of ~505 as 5.2 hit. Then you should only really struggle on the last three encounters.

You need at least a 485 ilvl to start raiding in ToT effectively.