Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well the trash have taken us for 2x now close to 45 mins, including the "watch the snakes in the bushed", followed by "uuups, snakes" yell ^^

The bridges are tons of fun, one single fckup and u end up running back (thank god for repair bot/vendor outside instance). Takes loads of patience to pull the trash one by one, but not that uberly hard. Everyone just has to remember that only tank should be the one getting the spirits

I like the trash that you can't just steamroll over. However, I think they could easily get their point across with half as many of those ghosts.

Also, people forgetting and running into the snakes is hilarious.

The pre-Horridon trash is nothing - NOTHING!! - compared to the snails trash on the staircases before Ji-Kun. It is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    The pre-Horridon trash is nothing - NOTHING!! - compared to the snails trash on the staircases before Ji-Kun. It is just stupid.
    Dem snails

Also the Durumu trash is pretty damn obnoxious the first time you do it.

I'm sensing a theme here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

stand on stairs, pull 1 mob at a time x 8, or is it 9?
    yay how fun

to be fair, it was fun the first time around, but after people figureout what to do it will just get tedious since it is just a whole lot of standing around waiting for the tank to drag his mob

and I can already see the griefing in lfr with priest life gripping people on the wind thingy
    Last edited by Enosh; 2013-03-08 at 08:55 PM.

Sadly the beam thingy on Horridon trash seems to have been nerfed. :c
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    Sadly the beam thingy on Horridon trash seems to have been nerfed. :c
    We got over the first bridge in the second try. As we left the last air with me as mage in front i autopulled this miniboss on the first plattform. I said get together on the stairs so nobobdy will get hit by the blue trolls. We stand their all at the same spot. My group was really fast at getting together. The only thing which was faster was the death of all ranged as the mob looked back and beamed us away. It was so hilarious. I dont remember the last time laughing so much. I like this trash.

Extra fun trash. We, predictably, lost half raid on initial Leeeeeeroy! rush over the bridge, but easily cleared it on next go. I see it as very good separator between raider and LFR hero who loves to PUG 495+ for MSV, because outgearing by 30 ilevel is the only thing he can do to defeat a boss. If you have rage fits on it, please reconsider raiding at all.

Our first couple of tries was funny because we just tried to run to the end and kill off the ghosts but that didnt work so now it is just stand on stairs for 15 mins while the tank goes to get the trash. I imagine it will not be so fun after a few months

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    dont kill the spirits on the birdge, do it on the stairs where non of the blue guys can touch you.
    this, but pulling one by one back sucks also
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt have so much fun on trash in a while. thats what trash is supposed to look like imo and not just time buffer where you aoe some shit on your way to the next boss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    Just have your tank pull the Banshees back to the stairs and kill it as a group. Job done. ^^"
    This is the best idea, pretty much trivializes them really. Though once you get better at you can kill them on the bridge as well, but pulling them up the stair is definitely the easiest way.

Tbh, it wasn't that bad in terms of learning mechanics compared to the other trash in the instance (Tortos bats, etc.)

Deleted
    its gonna be fun in lfr... maybe

Deleted
    Fucking bridge trash
    Fucking Gastropods
    Fucking Ji-kun trash

So much shit trash.

I enjoy it. I like fun trash. It's not hard once you figure it out, but that first night when we did it with no idea what we were doing was hilarious. One of my most fun moments ever in raiding.

Surely beats the mindless AOE zerging that most trash packs have become...

Deleted
    It's hillarious.
    It is even better when you use a stampeding roar on the warlock, that he did not expect. Pretty fun watching him "suiciding".
    Even better are the ghosts which I bet, killed our shaman multiple times. Not so fun, when you wiped after half the bridge was done, ran in and had your wow not load the ghosts until you were in them.

This will be fun in lfr (for about 5 min). I bet they will nerf the damage the spirits do, remove the knockback from the ghosts and remove the wind.

Bridge trash wasn't all that bad once you stop trying to rush it or take more than one spirit at a time.

Have fun with Animus trash.

"What's that, you running back into the instance? PEWPEW FIVE THOUSAND YARD RANGE PEWPEW PEWPEW PEWPEW. What's that, your whole raid is dead and you want to zone back in now that everybody is safely out of the instance? OH WE'RE ACTUALLY STILL IN COMBAT PEWPEW FIVE THOUSAND YARD RANGE PEWPEW PEWPEW PEWPEW"

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    I enjoy it. I like fun trash. It's not hard once you figure it out, but that first night when we did it with no idea what we were doing was hilarious. One of my most fun moments ever in raiding.

Surely beats the mindless AOE zerging that most trash packs have become...
    the problem with gimmick trash as opposed to "just aoe shit" trash is that once you figure out the gimmick it just becomes an annoyance instead of fun

take elegon trash for example, it was fun the first time with tanks having to blow CDs not knowing what to do, healers struggling etc, once we figured out the "get thrown across the room" it just became a nuisance you had to repeat each week with the only fun being tanks on purpose not kiting in order for the healers to not fall asleep

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the trash in Throne of Thunder, the stuff in tier 14 was boring as hell and only served as a way to delay time between bosses. This trash actually makes it feel like I'm playing a GAME rather than some strange time consuming pixel device.