Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Sry, for off-topic but in my casual 10man raid the melees want from me to drop green fire for this boss because it looks so similar to the poision. Just to let you know, no matter how bad you´re raid is - outside of your realm there is always another one which is far more BAD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your DPS Willyrs seems low. I know that you probably can kill it with the amount of DPS you have, but it will be tougher. I switched our balance for warrior last night as we got a kill. Balande druid was just doing horrible DPS. You do have pretty decent healing setup, not so good for interrupters though.

For reference, this was our DPS when we had the boomkin - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8...?s=3425&e=3746
    And after we switched him to our fury warrior - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8...?s=6124&e=6582 - and the DPS improved.

This is our kill DPS - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8...?s=8993&e=9704 , but bear in mind that Horridon takes 200% extra damage, so the number are bigger.

But what truly worked for us (and by no means we executed the fight perfectly) is the following.

Tanked Horridon near the doors, but not too close. Swapped tanked after every door. Since you have to palas (tank and holy), you can drop the triple puncionation stack by using the full dmg immunity bubble (the one that drops aggro as well, I'm sorry, can't remember the name) and have just one tank mainly on Horridon, if one of your tanks is better for the adds.

When the dinomancer comes, focus on him, bring him to 50%, have one deticated orb clicker and smash him into the door ASAP. You DON'T have to kill mancer to get the orb, at 50% of his health the orb will drop.

Make bloody sure that your healers see the disease and poison stacks. If their unitframe add-on fails at that, have them keep blizzards raid frames, that shows the correct amount of stacks.

Have your hunters MD tanks the runaway adds.

Door 1 - had the rogue/hunter of ours MD the adds to me (guardian) when they were running amoc. Knocback, roots, the works on the small ones. Interrupted the basilisks as much as possible. Yelled out when someone (me) was stoned to get dispel in as fast as possible. Stacked the mobs up and burned them down. Ofc moving from sand traps is very important. Have your druid pick up ursual vortex and typhoon. Use those for the small adds. Work wonders. Ofc putting symbiosis on one of the hunters helps as well (he gets the frost trap for slow from a hunter). Try to kill the adds as fast as possible. Use mass dispel from the priest to get rid of the stuns on melee.

Door 2 - we premarked 2 of the priests on the side (the ones which come down together). That enable us to pre-assign interrupters for the poison bolt cast. We had warrior and rogue for that. But for you, you should have shaman on one of the priest as it's dedicated interrupter and the rest of your DPS who have long CD should focus on interrupting the other one. You will get lot poison through, but just dispel the tanks and people with high stacks first. The interrupt CD on your hunters and priest should be enough to keep rotating interrupts. Your add tank can help to interrupt as well, but don't count on it too much, as most probably he is targeting someone else.

Door 3 - the crappiest for us. Have your healers (you have a very good setup - pala, priest and mw) dispel the person with highest stacks first. Your prot pala should be able to dispel himself, so dw about him. Only thing really tankable is the Warlord, the rest just fixiate on someone and start putting diseases up on the fixiated person. Move the warlords from the orbs, make sure the DPS moves with the tank as well. Orbs move in a random direction and will firstly spawn under the warlord which is casting the orb. What truly helped us, was to put more focus on the smaller adds to get them down as fast as possible to lessen the disease, as we had only druid with symbiosis from pala, dispelling people. Pala tanked helped out as well.

Door 4 - stack everything up, have hunters MD the runaway adds to add tank. Again we focused down the flame casters, lessened the raid damage that way. And tried to AoE the bears down so we could get the trolls down at the same time as well. What we found out was that if we left the bears later, once most of the caters were out, we had only few totems up.

Once the Wargod came down, we focused on him, killed him before my stack of puncture run out. After which our pala bubbled me, I lost the stacks and took Horridon. By killing Wargod and leaving Horridon, the dino starts hitting 100% harder with all his attacks, so tankswap when other tanks needs to loose stacks or needs some healing.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-03-15 at 08:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lionel88 View Post
    It took us a while but we managed to kill him tonight. We popped heroism on the 3rd door, and healed through the debuffs until the mobs are all down. Only dispelled the people having 8+ stacks. On the 4th door make sure to kill the casters, we had a few tries where the casters were forgotten and killed our healers. After that you should be able to kill him, we did it in just over 2 minutes left with the boss on 87% after Jalak died.
    Tell your dps to interupt or replace them as fast as possible.

Deleted
    Thanks Sonnillon! In fact, we are two healing it -Angelicaah disc priest(me) and Barbapanda monk- you see a lot of healing done by Anshe the pala prot because he likes to play that way
    I'm concerned a lot about the dps because they are 6 instead of 5 and the adds are overhealming us anyway.
    We'll try with the tips you gave me, thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand that language in which the logs are uploaded, so I assumed that paladin was a healer.

The adds start to overwhelm when your door stays open for too long. As soon as dinomancer comes, burn him down to 50%, click orb and smash the door. That will take care of your extra spawning adds. But for your DPS. Have them focus targets mainly. Cleave damage on others but the main target is fine, but don't put too much time into full time AoE. And if you see that a certain mob is lower then the rest mobs, kill that first, one less mob to worry about.

I know I said on some doors to AoE, but you should pay attention to HP and focus on those mobs with lower health.

If your dispels are done on time and adds interrupted, it shouldn't be that big of an issue to kill it. Just after every wipe try to figure out what went wrong, don't point fingers but just discuss and improve.

One other thing we used, was that if CR was used and someone else died before we were in the middle of door 4, we wiped immidiatly to save time. As we killed it with one DPS down from the door 4 by seconds left on enrage.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-03-15 at 09:37 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    I don't understand that language in which the logs are uploaded, so I assumed that paladin was a healer.
    no problem, he's an healer inside
    Thanks for all your hints, I'm writing everything down!
    I hope I'll be able to coordinate everything, it's pretty difficult while 2-healing! thanks again
    next time I'll change the language to english before the fight!
    Last edited by mmoc062b870ea8; 2013-03-15 at 09:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I forgot to add, that have BL up as soon as the 2 warlords jump down on door 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Tell your dps to interupt or replace them as fast as possible.
    I think he was talking about door 3. You know, the one that applies on melee? That can't be interrupted.

Don't be a douche.

If you haven't got the dps for horridon you can go back into t14 heroics and get more gear? I mean if you don't have the dps for something go get more gear

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i have been haveing problems. I have been running this raid with my guild and we finally got it today . But we have been haveing problems like he does hella damage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    Yeah i have been haveing problems. I have been running this raid with my guild and we finally got it today . But we have been haveing problems like he does hella damage
    Can you be more precise?

If you speak of Horridon. Yes his puncture hurts, more stacks the tank has, more dmg the tank tanking Horridon will get. Since most of it is melee (he melees a lot), active mitigation will help a ton in this fight.

If you speak of the time when you killed Wargod and nuking Horridon, then yes, all damage from Horridon is increased 100% after wargod is dead.

Despite the nerf, we're on 49 wipes on Horridon still We are getting to the last door now at least, but for whatever reason those last 10 seconds before you're ready to get the last door open, something happens and people just starts dropping.
    Tomorrow is another try, and I hope that we can kill him this time, because I'm getting tired of looking at that damn dinosaur.
    Last edited by Neliah; 2013-03-20 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neliah View Post
    Despite the nerf, we're on 49 wipes on Horridon still We are getting to the last door now at least, but for whatever reason those last 10 seconds before you're ready to get the last door open, something happens and people just starts dropping.
    Tomorrow is another try, and I hope that we can kill him this time, because I'm getting tired of looking at that damn dinosaur.
    make sure people are moving out of thunder totems. if u guys are popping beastmasters at the same time 2 totems dropping isnt healthy.

Door 4 is not a burn phase. control your adds drag the flamecasters to bears and interrupt them, stuns work.
    when beast masters come out I start kiting away from horridon to make sure melee dont get hit by totems. if u have horridon stand on the far side of the door form where u come from for door 3 then u can pick everything up sit at the spot where the dinomancer drops and get ready to nuke him and end the phase. do that and u can have some time to clear stuff up before jalak comes up so u shouldnt be worried about him and just cleaning the beast shamans up

We Finally got Horridon down after 30-35 wipes and it feels great. We were all 490-500 ilvl and dps at the end was 174-129k if you can't get past the poison door try having everyone who has a dispel get decursive and use it for dis spells. Also make sure your dps is trying to get every single interrupt they can on the Venom Priest's. And for the Venomous Effusions I switched on to them and Killed them before they could get their Poison dot off. And If you have adds that you need to finish up and the next phase of adds are coming drag them and the boss to the next door so you are not to far from the new adds. On our 2nd kill we had 1 dps down and used hero when War-God Jalak came down and nuked him. We had plenty of time to spare even with one dps down so you could try and pop hero on the door that is giving you trouble but we decided it be best on War-God Jalak.

Deleted
    Finally we took him down too! thanks for this topic's hints
    We are 490-500 ilvl too,
    we had the pala tank on horridon all the times, he could reset his stacks alone at every door change, also we tanked horridon near the door (at the left or the right depending of where the dinomancer will spawn)
    We assigned 2 interrupters to the dinomancer, 2 interrupters to the actual target (the skull marked one) and 2 others interrupter assigned to the other add (if alive).
    We had all the buffs, so the hunter took an interrupter pet to get another interrupt as well!

Interrupt is essential, and so it is dispelling everything! With 2 healer is difficult to dispel quickly, but with a priest and a monk we could use mass dispel and revival (at the 3rd door the effects could overhealm you, so near his end it's the best time to use it). Also the hex of the 4th door is a pain, you should dispel it asap (we had the shaman and the druid do it) because the reflected damage is way too high to have everyone in the party have it.

War-God Jalak dies very fast and you can easily heal the damage, so I think door 3 it's truly the best part to BL, if you wanna take a look I've made a video (where i do a lot of mistakes but we killed him anyway) : youtube.com/watch?v=7S_6k-oXWiI

good luck to everyone

Your DPS Willyrs seems low. I know that you probably can kill it with the amount of DPS you have, but it will be tougher. I switched our balance for warrior last night as we got a kill. Balande druid was just doing horrible DPS. You do have pretty decent healing setup, not so good for interrupters though.

For reference, this was our DPS when we had the boomkin - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8...?s=3425&e=3746
    And after we switched him to our fury warrior - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8...?s=6124&e=6582 - and the DPS improved.

This is our kill DPS - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8...?s=8993&e=9704 , but bear in mind that Horridon takes 200% extra damage, so the number are bigger.

But what truly worked for us (and by no means we executed the fight perfectly) is the following.

Tanked Horridon near the doors, but not too close. Swapped tanked after every door. Since you have to palas (tank and holy), you can drop the triple puncionation stack by using the full dmg immunity bubble (the one that drops aggro as well, I'm sorry, can't remember the name) and have just one tank mainly on Horridon, if one of your tanks is better for the adds.

When the dinomancer comes, focus on him, bring him to 50%, have one deticated orb clicker and smash him into the door ASAP. You DON'T have to kill mancer to get the orb, at 50% of his health the orb will drop.

Make bloody sure that your healers see the disease and poison stacks. If their unitframe add-on fails at that, have them keep blizzards raid frames, that shows the correct amount of stacks.

Door 1 - had the rogue/hunter of ours MD the adds to me (guardian) when they were running amoc. Knocback, roots, the works on the small ones. Interrupted the basilisks as much as possible. Yelled out when someone (me) was stoned to get dispel in as fast as possible. Stacked the mobs up and burned them down. Ofc moving from sand traps is very important. Have your druid pick up ursual vortex and typhoon. Use those for the small adds. Work wonders. Ofc putting symbiosis on one of the hunters helps as well (he gets the frost trap for slow from a hunter). Try to kill the adds as fast as possible. Use mass dispel from the priest to get rid of the stuns on melee.

Door 2 - we premarked 2 of the priests on the side (the ones which come down together). That enable us to pre-assign interrupters for the poison bolt cast. We had warrior and rogue for that. But for you, you should have shaman on one of the priest as it's dedicated interrupter and the rest of your DPS who have long CD should focus on interrupting the other one. You will get lot poison through, but just dispel the tanks and people with high stacks first. The interrupt CD on your hunters and priest should be enough to keep rotating interrupts. Your add tank can help to interrupt as well, but don't count on it too much, as most probably he is targeting someone else.

Door 3 - the crappiest for us. Have your healers (you have a very good setup - pala, priest and mw) dispel the person with highest stacks first. Your prot pala should be able to dispel himself, so dw about him. Only thing really tankable is the Warlord, the rest just fixiate on someone and start putting diseases up on the fixiated person. Move the warlords from the orbs, make sure the DPS moves with the tank as well. Orbs move in a random direction and will firstly spawn under the warlord which is casting the orb. What truly helped us, was to put more focus on the smaller adds to get them down as fast as possible to lessen the disease, as we had only druid with symbiosis from pala, dispelling people. Pala tanked helped out as well.

Door 4 - stack everything up, have hunters MD the runaway adds to add tank. Again we focused down the flame casters, lessened the raid damage that way. And tried to AoE the bears down so we could get the trolls down at the same time as well. What we found out was that if we left the bears later, once most of the caters were out, we had only few totems up.

Once the Wargod came down, we focused on him, killed him before my stack of puncture run out. After which our pala bubbled me, I lost the stacks and took Horridon. By killing Wargod and leaving Horridon, the dino starts hitting 100% harder with all his attacks, so tankswap when other tanks needs to loose stacks or needs some healing.
    Ty a lot for this, we are having problems with 3rd, and 4th door, i think we can improve with all ur tips. Appreciate. Hope we can bring him down on monday

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neliah View Post
    sounds like ppl arent looking on the floor for the ice orbs, as they still dmg ppl even after their deaths, its better to run around them than through them.

10+ Year Old Account

Yay thanks for the tips. Gonna try lots of them.
    We're having lots of problems on this boss too. Almost no interrupts, weak AOE/burst, ppl can't move out of stuff on the floor. You know, lots .
    Some tank problems too. I think our monk tank has too low health to tank horridon (he died once with 68% health to a single Triple Puncture -> he has something like 530k buffed/flasked) so I'm solo tanking him with Hand of Protection after every door crush (I'm the Warrior on the log). Same monk is having some problems to AOE Aggro all the mobs on Door 3 - 4 (even with MD afaik) and then getting destroyed by the adds.
    If any could check yesterday logs (only recorded the last 4 wipes, forgot to start recording early) i'd appreciate. Need some feedback about errors, what can we improve...
    Here's the link: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-egv5tvtznyhfyfgp/
    Our best try at all: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-eg...?s=1099&e=1572

Already told our RL to go back to TES/HOF and try some Heroic Modes to get some gear but every1 wants to "progress through new raid".
    Thats it, thanks in advance and sry for my bad english. Not my 1st language at all.
    Violence awaits. You can burn with me in hell. Viva la hate!

Dispells for healers should be in the 20s over the course of the fight. We had problems with healer thinking that it was better to heal through it. On top of it, we encouraged all our dps who can dispell themselves to do so.

1 door is magic: all the healer can dispell this fine.
    2 door is posion: druids, monks and pallys
    3 door is disease: monk, pally and priest
    4 door/5th phase is curse: mage, druid and shamans

Once dps took on dispell duty and we had to yell at them to dispell cause they certain didn't have the ability on their bar/macroed, it took a big load off the healers. Dispelling eats healer mana so having the dps share the load allowed for the healers to have more mana for actually healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I run around with 560ish K fully raid buffed+stamina food+flask. Your monk just has to keep his dodge/damage reduction up. As right after the puncture or bit before he will melee really hard. All his melee hits are fully dodgeble, except the puncture.

The small adds on door 3 and 4 are not "controllable" FYI. On door 3 the warlords are only thing which work on an aggro table. Maybe the none disease adds as well, but the rest just fixiate on random people. So it is the fixiated persons duty to bring the add(s) to the tank. If the person runs away from tank, they are idiots. Same with any other add, having aggro on DPS/healer. They should be brought to the tank.

On door 4, the casters just cast, and need to be killed, those don't work on a set aggro table as well. If your tank uses CD he should be more then fine tanking the bears.

As for MD. Your hunter has around 4-6 sec(can't remember the exact duration) to transfer threat. So the adds need to be packed together for Multishot or s/he has to be fast with targeting and hitting the mobs while his buff is up.