Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    We one-shot Jin'rokh last night. Horridon took us 7 tries until we got interrupts on poison bolt volleys halfway under control. Everyone who could dispel a certain type of debuff had to so do on CD. As soon as we had that covered, it was only a matter of getting kill priorities halfway straight and Horridon was down as soon as we managed to reach P2. Doors 2 and 3 are the annoying ones. We used Heroism for door 3 because the orbs were cluttering everything if we didn't kill those mobs quickly enough. There's a lot of room for optimization, but all in all, it went fairly smoothly.

Next up: Council. That one's fun but absolutely chaotic. We need to get some structure in there when we return there tonight. We could only raid 2.5 hours last night, so I'm fairly satisfied what with having killed 2 bosses and got a good look at the third already.

We had only 10/16 heroic down in T14, so we're a fairly average guild, I'd say.
    We also did 2 bosses yday, and council was just " wtf omfg chaaos!"
    Dont rly thin horridon is overtuned. The moment we got past the "Drakkari"?(ice trolls) boss went down, so my guild atleast may have 2 "learn" abit more about them icy trolls!
    And btw..The trash...Haha so many deathz!

10/16hc is not an average guild, sorry...
    For us, Horridon was not that hard. It's not that easy of a boss (Tortos was way easier) but the requirements are not about dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Magaera was easier. Laughable.
    Lol, ji'kun was a faceroll, we had one group killing the eggs and rest on boss. Didn't even need to try to take feeding pools while flying.
    Atleast on magaera we used some sort of cooldown rotation.

And horridon is mostly about interrupts on 2nd door, don't really see what problems people could have on 3rd door.
    Last edited by mmoc004dfdb872; 2013-03-07 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetinyone View Post
    That is untrue, you will always get 3 special adds, no more, no less.
    Also can someone please answer:
    Does Mass Dispell work for the following:

- Poison on Gurbashi Door (2nd)
    - Disease on Drakkari Door (3rd)?
    No, those are not magic effects. Monk healers can remove the nasty poison dots all at once though (its a cd though, not repeatedly castable).

I am not in a top guild, and after reading alot of threads about Horridon being overtuned, I was expecting us to go in and struggle on him. We 2 shot him. Much easier than what people make him out to be. Fun fight.

Have to agree that he is not overtuned really. You just have to get your Priorities and interrupts straight. Have a tank always tank a whole door, you can taunt after the switch, tank damage is lol here. Interrupt the Priests, Dinomancers and everything that Casts all the shit and your golden. When the big guy comes at the end just kill him in 30sec and then lust and kill horridon, not that hard of a DPS requirement either, just interrupting and getting everything in order strategic wise.

We killed him in the 5th try or so, we were 14/16h T14 so not that high either.

It sure is a difference to the 1st boss, but he is just greatly undertuned...

good luck

10+ Year Old Account
    ATM on WoL, 25M has 12.4% success rate and 10M has 3.7% success rate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    I am not in a top guild, and after reading alot of threads about Horridon being overtuned, I was expecting us to go in and struggle on him. We 2 shot him. Much easier than what people make him out to be. Fun fight.
    We were in the same boat. Spent yesterday wondering if we'd ever get past Horridon on the first night (previous tier we're 9/16hc) but in all honesty it was a walk in the park.. and we only had 1 person capable of dispelling the poison. After all my fretting we ended up getting it on our 3rd try.

Council however are abit tougher (thank god)

According to wowprogress, 50% of the guilds killed garalon on normal so I'd say that's the average of t14.

Took us 3 tries in 25 man.

Council/Tortos was harder.

Deleted
    We were having trouble as well, I'd suggest doing it like I am planning tonight again as it helped greatly for us. I'm going to mark every venom troll and asign a interupter to it. Without a deticated interupter to each venom volley it can ramp up to 7 stacks of volley in no time.

Deleted
    Horridon didnt feel really hard, i would say Council of Elders is much more chaotic with more personal responsibility. Tortos was a joke, fight for 3 minutes with like 1 mechanic. Maegara on the other hand...

Deleted
    im raiding in 25er raid ; one of my friends 10er

we compared the bosses and realized that the mobs at the " ice gate " ( only the important ones which you have to focus ) hast the same life in 10 as in 25er ; maybe this is the point which makes the encounter more difficult in 10 as in 25 ; dont think this is intended

Deleted
    jinrokh went down one the first try for us in 10man, super easy. its a gift for melees in my opinion.

2nd boss took us quite a while because we only had a healpala to deal with the sickness and it just wasnt enough. we had to swap our heal shaman out to get the resto druid in just so we could take care of the debuffs more. the poison priests were annoying but we had enough kickers and burned the first one down before the 2nd and 3rd spawned. killed the 2nd before the dinomancer spawned so there were never more than 2 targets that needed to be interrupted.

3rd boss we took down as well but I (rogue) was swapped out for ele shamy because there are no rogue only drops on this boss.

as for overtuning... I think the horridon is overtuned in 10man compared to 25man. same goes for council of elders simply because you have more tanks, kickers, dispellers in the raid. the first boss seems fairly undertuned on normal

It's an issue of the first boss being horribly undertuned and horridon being a somewhat chaotic fight, keep calm and he'll drop in no time.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 10:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Took us 3 tries in 25 man.

Council/Tortos was harder.
    It's not an issue in 25 man, it's one of those fights where it's harder in 10. This usually happens on high add fights.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2013-03-07 at 10:30 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Your guild is highly above average. The average raiding guild did not complete Tier14 normal.

My guild was 3/16 heroic, and we've been beating our head against the wall on Horridon. Everything keeps going pear shaped on the poison adds, and on the tries that we do survive it, we're all 20% HP with poisons on, going into frost guys with OOM healers. Obviously it is a mechanics issue, but when we can faceroll Tier 14 normal, it seems off that the first part of Tier 15 would be such a humbling experience. I was honestly expecting (and would have been happy with) smooth progress until a brick wall around Megara.

That said, I'm fairly certain that we'll kill it next raid night. But having sub'ed in for more "average" guilds (that haven't completed tier 14) in HoF/Terrace, I don't see those types of guilds killing this boss ever.

Deleted
    As its been mentioned, the difficulty seems to vary alot from 10 to 25 man atm where 10 man seems to be a bit more of a proble mgetting through. Its also mentioned that the frosttrolls got the same hp-pool in 10 and 25 man, which one is correct and which one is set wrong? (Assuming that its not suppose to be that way) Personally i reacted on how slow the frost guys were going down compared to the other gates in 10 man but i just thought that it was suppose to be that way.

One shot it on 25. Had to stop dps at 40% to kill the last wave of adds.

loved this fight. took about 14 attempts and once we got interrupts down, the fight was pretty much a push over.

both our 10man groups 1shotted it, did not feel that hard, however i would argue that most fight is overtuned for being normals in T15.
    Horridon specifically mainly requires target ordering, and good dispelling, and interupt, otherwise it is not anything special about it.
    I found Megaera and Ji-Kun to be more overtuned for being normal, dont know about the rest, was going 2 parallel groups yesterday, so did not go further after we killed ji-kun before raid was over, so cant say for the last 6 bosses yet.