Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Three trash clears just to jin'rok's gate + 3 stones quest + 1 Completion of the solo scenario + Jin should easily get your friendly. If you think gear is the issue, this is a solution. Also, you kiled the first boss. So it would be a requirement for boss 2 if you aren't geared enough. Also, killing every boss two days in is also not a game requirement.
    did trash, then jin'rok, then solo scenario, can't find a third stone been stuck at 2 looking for a third and now at 2999 neutral and can't get to friendly just on trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    I don't really see your point. In previous tiers loads of casual guilds didn't full clear normal before serious nerfs. T14 just didn't get nerfed really until T15.

The first bosses in here are not tuned to 500+, there is just no way. The only thing going on here is that like with T14, normal modes require actual work for normal mode guilds. It isn't DS with a bunch of normal mode loot pinatas. You have to learn the mechanics and then practice them enough to get decent execution. Gear may help, but that isn't the problem.

Also low 490s seems like an exaggeration for the people that should be in here. Your raid should be averaging ~1.4 ilvl 522 pieces a person just from the neck, loot off Jin, and coins. The only way I'm seeing low 490s is if you are wearing a majority of LFR and MSV gear which is skipping half a tier. You said normal needs to be tuned under heroic the tier before which is true, but normal shouldn't be easy enough that you can just easily skip half of the previous tier on normal.
    More or less. I think guilds are believing that since a new tier is out, you should be able to just jump ahead like the other expansions, and roll face.

This is how raiding used to be, you needed those item drops from the other tiers you didn't complete yet, and you completed them before you went to the next. It's called progression, and not just progression meaning only the current tier. Those other dungeons still exist, and Blizzard even made them easier too. Go do 'em.

Also, killing every boss two days in is also not a game requirement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    They need to make this a tooltip on the loading screen.
    LOL this

Quote Originally Posted by Lothan View Post
    did trash, then jin'rok, then solo scenario, can't find a third stone been stuck at 2 looking for a third and now at 2999 neutral and can't get to friendly just on trash.
    You can push to friendly doing the 3 stones quest. You'll be friendly in week one with 4 pieces of 522. There should be no complaints about doing this as someone who feels they are entitled to be passed boss 2 in the first couple days. I would check your dps as well. All your response to is two sentences of my post. Are your DPS doing the interrupts and maintaining dps? Refine your strat and I bet you end up just fine. Using an online guide written by people who clear 16/16H or a full heroic clear each tier these guys assume your other players are at their level. Keep refining I bet you get it.

Again, if you really thought you should be 1/4 of the way done with the raid right away. Then your GM should have done 3 trash clears out of the gate so that when you kill Jin you would be friendly. This is called maxing. It would have given every raid member near 4 pieces of 522, people that do things like that clear farther into raids. You can't feel entitled if you aren't totally maxing. If you are just a normal regular guild Jin was there to get you into the new raid, get a kill get friendly and let you start working the mechanics of the second fight and get some stabs and go back and get those sha-touched weapons folks are missing still etc.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2013-03-07 at 09:42 PM.

You can push to friendly doing the 3 stones quest. You'll be friendly in week one with 4 pieces of 522. There should be no complaints about doing this as someone who feels they are entitled to be passed boss 2 in the first couple days. I would check your dps as well. All your response to is two sentences of my post. Are your DPS doing the interrupts and maintaining dps? Refine your strat and I bet you end up just fine. Using an online guide written by people who clear 16/16H or a full heroic clear each tier these guys assume your other players are at their level. Keep refining I bet you get it.
    Oh I know we'll get it. I said we're close and should get a kill soon. I'm not worried about getting the kill myself. I just feel it's a little overtuned for guilds that are less geared which is where I think it should be tuned for as the second boss on normal.

Deleted
    I thought you get friendly with the first boss killed like Blizzard said, now im stuck in 1500 into neutral untill sundays raid :E Again pretty idiotic from Blizz to say you get friendly from first boss which frankly didnt happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothan View Post
    Oh I know we'll get it. I said we're close and should get a kill soon. I'm not worried about getting the kill myself. I just feel it's a little overtuned for guilds that are less geared which is where I think it should be tuned for as the second boss on normal.
    It is so they can overlap content and stretch it out. Nah, think of DS even in DS if you hadn't finished FL and were undergeared for DS, somehow, Zonozz, Yor saj were really tough second fights. Until nerfs and changes went in or you were actually correctly geared at full FL normal gear. If you had heroic FL gear you could walk through easily to the actual DPS race. So fight two is commonly there to make you gear and prep for new mechanics. They are normally mechanic heavy fights as well. I bet next week guilds move passed it pretty easily, people will give better strats than PTR. Even here the difference between people having trouble and people who passed it literally is the people who passed it mention their DPS interrupting and maintaining DPS. And the people loosing are basically saying its because of having to dispell. Well if the spell that needs to be dispelled is coming out less and less it makes it easier to heal. Next week it'll be a cakewalk for most folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    I thought you get friendly with the first boss killed like Blizzard said, now im stuck in 1500 into neutral untill sundays raid :E Again pretty idiotic from Blizz to say you get friendly from first boss which frankly didnt happen.
    It's more idiotic to showup at a club as a new member and expect them to give you every benefit that a 30 year vet should expect to get.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    IDK if I think it felt overtuned, Im in one of those guilds that only have 3/6 MSV heroic kills and Im just 491 ilvl. Seemed to me that once you get a hang of the adds and the interrupts it'll be a kill. But its safe to say most bosses would be a lot easier to kill if we had like full valor-upgraded BiS heroic-gear that most of the top-guilds have.

Though I dont think gear>skill but it sure would be nice to have really good gear to clear content once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    Punish trash. The quest turnins will push you into friendly. As of now that rep applies like boss rep, not like trash rep. So you can get it if you just grab trash kills till like 2500 and then turn in the quests/solo scenario and you'll be friendly prior to raid with time to enchant and reforge.

Also, killing every boss two days in is also not a game requirement.

There is absolutely no way that this would make sense to any competitive raider.

Its also veeeery easy to say that when you're already comfortable at the top, but when you're sequestered out of relevance with almost no chance of fighting your way back up in time to be in the top 10 it really kinda sucks. That doesn't mean we're gonna stop fighting, just means a higher turn over rate due to progression and having to try to replace people with less than stellar progression to sell your guild with. Life at the top has its drawbacks, but by and large is much easier

I will say though they probably made it quite a pain to figure out where to tune it with that upgrade system on top of the different ilvls already in place between the first raid and the second/third raids. Guess they had to decide whether to tune it for people with a mix of 489/496 or expect mostly 496, or expect mostly 496 with some upgraded pieces. Probably part of the reason they aren't sure if they'll bring back the upgrade system at all.

10+ Year Old Account

Again, if you really thought you should be 1/4 of the way done with the raid right away. Then your GM should have done 3 trash clears out of the gate so that when you kill Jin you would be friendly. This is called maxing. It would have given every raid member near 4 pieces of 522, people that do things like that clear farther into raids. You can't feel entitled if you aren't totally maxing. If you are just a normal regular guild Jin was there to get you into the new raid, get a kill get friendly and let you start working the mechanics of the second fight and get some stabs and go back and get those sha-touched weapons folks are missing still etc.
    12 bosses on normal. 2nd boss kill = 17% not 25%. We expected at 500 level to be able to clear the 2nd at least.

If we theorize that the LFR requirement is 480, then the normal requirement is probably 490 - 495. 2nd boss doesn't appear to be 490 content for 10 man. Again, most if not all of the frustration in this thread is from the 10 mans. Which appears to be overtuned either in mob number, mob health or what disease, ability or etc they throw out.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    More or less. I think guilds are believing that since a new tier is out, you should be able to just jump ahead like the other expansions, and roll face.

This is how raiding used to be, you needed those item drops from the other tiers you didn't complete yet, and you completed them before you went to the next. It's called progression, and not just progression meaning only the current tier. Those other dungeons still exist, and Blizzard even made them easier too. Go do 'em.

It didn't work in TBC, it won't work now.

Hey ho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judaest View Post
    There is absolutely no way that this would make sense to any competitive raider. Its also veeeery easy to say that when you're already comfortable at the top, but when you're sequestered out of relevance with almost no chance of fighting your way back up in time to be in the top 10 it really kinda sucks. That doesn't mean we're gonna stop fighting, just means a higher turn over rate due to progression and having to try to replace people with less than stellar progression to sell your guild with. Life at the top has its drawbacks, but by and large is much easier
    Most raiders, and I am sorry but this is absolutely true - or we wouldn't have LFR - are not competitive raiders.

They are competitive in their guild, and sometimes even on their server, although this is more personal competition that is projected onto other people and Guilds. They are NOT competitive in a world-wide sense.

All the proof that I really need for this is that this thread is about people that can't kill Horridon due to their inability to pull the DPS they need on the adds. It isn't a "I need this much ilvl to progress" thing, if you raided regularly (which a competitive raider would have done) up until this patch, you have the gear you need to down Horridon.

Also, "Life at the Top", I have been there and done that, back when the option was "25 or go to hell", it is not easier by any stretch of the imagination to be at "the top". Sure, maybe the mindless toady DPS may think it is, but your officers and raid leaders know otherwise. Being prepared to hit the patch running requires a full-time jobs worth of research on a weekly basis until your progression is done - if you want to aim for a server or world first and maintain it.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

15+ Year Old Account
    Any "Fight was a joke. 1shot it." comments will be infracted past this point (unless you explain in-depth that you're a <500 geared raid). It's absolutely useless to this thread and everyone in it to know that 16/16H T14 raiders are one-shotting content that they significantly outgear and outskill.

This thread is not directed at those people; they're welcome to be helpful but post constructively.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Judaest View Post
    There is absolutely no way that this would make sense to any competitive raider.

Its also veeeery easy to say that when you're already comfortable at the top, but when you're sequestered out of relevance with almost no chance of fighting your way back up in time to be in the top 10 it really kinda sucks. That doesn't mean we're gonna stop fighting, just means a higher turn over rate due to progression and having to try to replace people with less than stellar progression to sell your guild with. Life at the top has its drawbacks, but by and large is much easier
    Well yeah, but no die hard serious raider is all that stuck on Horridon normal mode. According to wowprogress no one in the top 1000 guilds is stuck on boss 2 (most of the on 4 before the weekend). I got tired of going back from here. Of course a competitive raider would grasp that statements context. They also won't be complaining that boss 2 is overtuned.

We're also having issues on this boss, almost feel like bringing my alt healer monk for just for that op revival raid cleanse.

Deleted
    Enjoy Durumu if you think Horridon is "difficult"

Please be more considerate. Please refer to the warning on previous page. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-03-07 at 11:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    We're also having issues on this boss, almost feel like bringing my alt healer monk for just for that op revival raid cleanse.
    Dont blame you, been thinking of bringing in my shadowpriest just for the diseases. Less dps but more utility for the raid to use just to get past this.

To the poster (Harzaka) above me, we aren't talking about other bosses. I'm sure we'll get there in time. This is about this one. Thanks for helping

To Zoldor: I dont know how you define as a serious raider. I think that isn't part of this equation. It's the boss mechanics and how to get past them. And yes.....a little frustration venting in the mix.
    Last edited by Kiry; 2013-03-07 at 10:07 PM.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    12 bosses on normal. 2nd boss kill = 17% not 25%. We expected at 500 level to be able to clear the 2nd at least.

If we theorize that the LFR requirement is 480, then the normal requirement is probably 490 - 495. 2nd boss doesn't appear to be 490 content for 10 man. Again, most if not all of the frustration in this thread is from the 10 mans. Which appears to be overtuned either in mob number, mob health or what disease, ability or etc they throw out.
    So getting to boss 3, 25% into the raid, would have been fine to be stuck on? Or would you have felt that you should be beyond that point too? Where is the line for where a boss should be if you are geared enough? I bet you beat this fight easily in the next week after you really look into whats going on in your raid. Making sure DPS is doing its job and not crutching on heals to just dispell it. The fight isn't easy and it shouldn't be, but I don't think its a brick wall that needs to be hotfixed, unless something is working incorrectly, I think folks just gotta look at the strat and put in a few kills and they'll get it. Its literally 3 days away from the launch. You could of had folks with bad addons messing up their timers or timing etc, people adjusting to new class changes and priority and stat changes.