Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Is it only me or have 10man normal become harder and harder along Mop? Can have to do with we where late in first tier, and now didnt really have all that itemlvl to compensate for lack of skills we should have had for ToT. But at the same time it also feels like disc is somewhat mandatory if u want stuff to go really easy for a casual 10man group. Currently going with resto druid, hpala, monk. I guess we could have two healed everything with the resto druid and me as disc priest but we doesnt have the dps to cover it. Since that doesnt work I wounder is that healing setup viable for clearing 10man content for a pretty decent group?

We have the exact same healing comp as you with an extra resto shamm. We've 3 healed almost every encounter so far with the exception of durumu. Disc priests are not mandatory for normal full clear.

We had a disc priest rotate in this week for the first 6 bosses and IMO it didn't feel like it made the encounters that much easier

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    sounds like ppl arent looking on the floor for the ice orbs, as they still dmg ppl even after their deaths, its better to run around them than through them.
    We are actually avoiding the orbs really good, it's more an issue where we passed the different doors, and right before the other boss jumps down - that's usually where we start dying. I don't know if people are just ignoring adds, since I'm too busy trying to heal people I can't really be looking at what they are doing.
    59 wipes so far, and still counting I suppose..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    We discovered that no matter how cute Tziva thinks Horodon is, he cannot be safely cuddled--even if you are riding a dinosaur mount and frantically typing /love and /hug. This is an important piece of strategic information in the event you have someone who thinks cthulhu monsters and dinosaurs are "so, so cute!"
    *whispers* but he has little periwinkle toes

I will concede this strategy did not work for us. He did not immediately make me his best friend, sit down for tea, and hand us magical treasures.

We ended up getting past him the old fashioned way, with cold-blooded dinosaur murder. :'(

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Drugshock View Post
    I think our monk tank has too low health to tank horridon (he died once with 68% health to a single Triple Puncture -> he has something like 530k buffed/flasked)
    His health is ok, Monk tanks always have less HP than other tanks. If he got killed by the first Triple Puncture, it's not his gear. He probably didn't have shuffle up, or had a ton of stagger before getting hit by it. I've tanked Horridon, and I only have slightly more HP than your Monk, and I am by far more stable than other tanks taking triple punctures.

That said, if you have a Paladin who can perma-tank Horridon through BoP cheese, do that. Monks are fucking wizards when it comes to tanking the troll adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    His health is ok, Monk tanks always have less HP than other tanks. If he got killed by the first Triple Puncture, it's not his gear. He probably didn't have shuffle up, or had a ton of stagger before getting hit by it. I've tanked Horridon, and I only have slightly more HP than your Monk, and I am by far more stable than other tanks taking triple punctures.

That said, if you have a Paladin who can perma-tank Horridon through BoP cheese, do that. Monks are fucking wizards when it comes to tanking the troll adds.
    It's dead! Got our first kill this week. During Enrage (frost DK died to Double-Swipe, lol), but who cares!
    I solo tanked the boss (Warrior) with BoP rotation from our 2 paladins.
    Monk taunted Horridon after War-God Jalak died and PEW PEW, got omgwtfpwned.
    I'm not good on WoL Analysis (and clueless about Monks tbh), if some could check for me why he got killed (bad CD usage, Heals fault, etc) and give me some advices, i'll totally tell him.
    Here's the link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=140&e=869

Thanks
    Violence awaits. You can burn with me in hell. Viva la hate!

Quote Originally Posted by Drugshock View Post
    It's dead! Got our first kill this week. During Enrage (frost DK died to Double-Swipe, lol), but who cares!
    I solo tanked the boss (Warrior) with BoP rotation from our 2 paladins.
    Monk taunted Horridon after War-God Jalak died and PEW PEW, got omgwtfpwned.
    I'm not good on WoL Analysis (and clueless about Monks tbh), if some could check for me why he got killed (bad CD usage, Heals fault, etc) and give me some advices, i'll totally tell him.
    Here's the link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=140&e=869

Thanks
    You Monk had a 31% uptime on shuffle. That's bad. Like, really, really bad. That should be close to 100%, it's what makes Monk tanks "tanky". The fact that he isn't permanently face down in the dirt is evidence that your healers are amazing because you might as well be tanking with a rogue. In between adds he should be hitting Horridon to keep shuffle up if he isn't, and being more aware of it. Make him get an addon to track it if he doesn't have one. Brewmaster Tao is the one I use, makes it easy to follow.

He also didn't use Elusive Brew a single time. That's a lot of avoidance that he could have a huge uptime on.

As for picking up Horridon at the end. Pre-cast avert harm, make sure shuffle is up, and be ready to basically spam purifying brew.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    You Monk had a 31% uptime on shuffle. That's bad. Like, really, really bad. That should be close to 100%, it's what makes Monk tanks "tanky". The fact that he isn't permanently face down in the dirt is evidence that your healers are amazing because you might as well be tanking with a rogue. In between adds he should be hitting Horridon to keep shuffle up if he isn't, and being more aware of it. Make him get an addon to track it if he doesn't have one. Brewmaster Tao is the one I use, makes it easy to follow.

He also didn't use Elusive Brew a single time. That's a lot of avoidance that he could have a huge uptime on.

As for picking up Horridon at the end. Pre-cast avert harm, make sure shuffle is up, and be ready to basically spam purifying brew.

Thanks for the fast answer Halifax!

I'll talk to him tonight. Hope we get a better kill tomorrow
    Violence awaits. You can burn with me in hell. Viva la hate!

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone have any macro for interrupt on the priest ?

seriously you necroed the thread for this?! it could have taken you 10 mins to figure out the macro.
    here shit...
    #showtooptip
    /cast [@Gurubashi Venom Priest] interuptspellname

should target the nearest one, if you hae a specific one then because of the same names Set the one to focus and use
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,exists] interuptspellname; interuptspellname

if you have no focus it will cast it on your target.