10+ Year Old Account

Sacred Shield as Prot

I've been messing around on a few fights with it, but I can't really decide if it's better or not. The heal from EF on certain fights like Spoils just seems wasted on ten man because there's literally no damage no going out. I was wondering specifically for Siegecrafter, has anyone used Sacred Shield? Is it worth it?

Deleted
    When there is no damage going out is where EF shines. It will keep you topped at all times.

SS is for sure viable but for most fights EF is better in almost every situation. The bosses were SS got some use is like Nazgrim, Thok, Siegecrafter and Paragons (speaking heroic) but I still opted for EF on all those.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to use SS on garrosh, since the dmg you take is pretty high having an absorb is better than a heal, and the vengeance you get makes it worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    I like to use SS on garrosh, since the dmg you take is pretty high having an absorb is better than a heal, and the vengeance you get makes it worth it
    Not really, as long as your health pool is more than a melee hit and the biggest stack of gripping despair combined you will be ok. I don't think the benefit of a higher effective health pool with SS outweighs the awesome HoT from EF. EF also makes the 4 piece a bit more useful imo.

From a healer perspective I can tell almost straight away when our Paladins using SS over EF and I'll always tell him to change it, its just to much easier and the shield makes almost no difference these days.

15+ Year Old Account
    HPS-wise, EF is (iirc my math) three to five times stronger than SS, depending on overhealing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.