Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    Also with Torto's it's going to depend on your strategy. Most guilds I know have the bats tanked near melee for cleave and range focus more on the turtles with cleave to the boss when time is warranted. If your raid leader wants you to focus more on the turtles and the boss then affliction is going to be extremely good. Just SB:SoC when the bats come out and have a plethora of shards to spend on turtles and the boss. For effective(!) dps and using that strategy, affliction is going to be miles ahead. If you are supposed to focus more on bats or the raid leader wants you to dps w/e you can then demo will be great, but come heroic raiding you are going to have to prioritize assignments to get him down and beat the super tight enrage.
    Totally agree with this, Priority should be after first set of turtles is Bats > turtles > Boss,

I did almost 25 million damage to bats with just shadowflame, For demo this is an amazing fight. Come Heroic, I'd say Aff/Destro for bursting down those turtles, there annoying as hell. On a side note when they run into you and lift you into the air, I love the way Immo Aura and Voidray still gets bats.

Magera, Affliction/Destro rules here

Quote Originally Posted by schmearcampain View Post
    I believe there is an issue with simming Wushoolay's and the sim's inability to properly account for the increase in int over time. Just hearsay on my part though. TBH, even if the proc rate gives us as low an uptime as 25%, I can't imagine how any current trinket could compare to 13,000+ int empowered dots. Especially since we have pandemic going too. 34 seconds of 10 stacked Agony? jebus.
    I would believe that there's an issue, honestly. And to be fair I was using the PTR version of the 5.1 Simcraft. I'm going to be redoing a large magnitude of sims tonight with the new release but I suspect Wooshulay's will be occupying a trinket slot tonight. It was pretty insane multidotting with 50k+ SP dots.

You are going to want to be playing Demo for Heroic Megaera (on 25m) due to the arcane heads. The rate and amount of nether wyrm spawns makes it so you can consistently aoe and from my experiences on PTR, it lines up very well with shadowflame and the like. It's a very strong demo fight on heroic.

Deleted
    On Topic, here is my observations tonight.
    25 Man, Affliction, videos of the kills here : http://www.twitch.tv/eiffeltowereu/videos

Jinrock
    Nothing much here. Keep dots up on boss. KJC as we stack in middle and then spread back out. can use a gate between two corners, and a portal to teleport out if targeted.
    I used GoSac.

Horridon
    Thi is a bit like Will of the Emp. You're gonna keep your dots up 100% on boss, then SB:SS everything that moves and drain for shards.
    Soc and SB:Soc when 5+ adds in a group.
    I had a couple of tries with Manaroth's Fury, trying to SoC the boss as we tank it in between 2 gates facing the wall. But idk i feel ike the range has GREATLY reduced and i wasn't even sure it was hitting everything. So went KJC + Sac. Sac i thought for the final burst phase since the boss has damage modifiers

Council of Elder
    Multidot fest. Depending on your role, it can be useful to spec MF - if you are in the group charged of nuking the small elementals. in any case, even if not on them its not a waste to throw a SB:SoC on your current target just for the shards return.
    I was in charge of nuking + shadowfury on the single spirit, so went KJC for the cofmfort. There is a lot of movement.
    So yeah just keep dots up on everything. Because it was similar to Will, i used GoSup imp.

Tortos
    Again, depends on your role. We had ranged single target turtles, and melee aoe bats, so went Sac + KJC. KJC helps a lot as you dont loose DPS when thrown in the air. We totally didn't focus on boss, wanted to control adds first, but i am sure you need to keep dots running on boss as he takes increased dmg. We end up up , me and a shaman, doing the last 2 million when it had been called a wipe ^^ MF might also be an idea here, using the boss as a pillar. But i'd like to test the range tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    On Topic, here is my observations tonight.

Tortos
    Again, depends on your role. We had ranged single target turtles, and melee aoe bats, so went Sac + KJC. KJC helps a lot as you dont loose DPS when thrown in the air. We totally didn't focus on boss, wanted to control adds first, but i am sure you need to keep dots running on boss as he takes increased dmg. We end up up , me and a shaman, doing the last 2 million when it had been called a wipe ^^ MF might also be an idea here, using the boss as a pillar. But i'd like to test the range tbh.
    If you have a dk, gorefiends the bats onto the boss = no need for MF. I found saving 2 shards in the opener for dots on 2 of the first spawning turtles helped keep shards high for soc on bats. Did quite a bit more than when ptr testing with damage just on the boss.

Deleted
    On 25 man we fould we had enough spare turtles to use them on the bats as well. Was playing Afflic for the fight, Soulburn + SoC on the bats, detonate after the shell debuff is on them, but damn they die so quick.

I can see Demo having a definate advantage just due to the burst nature of their AoE on HC, or Destro even.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzyo View Post
    If you have a dk, gorefiends the bats onto the boss = no need for MF. I found saving 2 shards in the opener for dots on 2 of the first spawning turtles helped keep shards high for soc on bats. Did quite a bit more than when ptr testing with damage just on the boss.
    $

Yeah tbh the bats kind of explode as you look at them. So i'm guessing the only real thing will be to keep dots on boss, and SB:SS the shells when they come out.

Updated with Durumu/Primordius/Dark Animus. Not much to say about them except Dark Animus is fun .

Deleted
    Just Ranked 4th on Ji-Kun :
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-d9x3uvfiffur7xag/
    http://www.twitch.tv/eiffeltowereu/c/1999323
    and i didn't even get the dmg increase buff during herosim sub 20 %

Key is to use your extra wings (when you get back up from platform) to go get nutrient buff.
    When you see the boss casting feed younglings (?) use your extra button. you have 10 secs to fly up and hit those slimes. Hit one get 100% extra dmg, hit 2 110% hit 3 120% etc for 30 seconds. Then just land and do your thing.

The tactic we did, my group went down to the platform twice, and didnt have to go up, so i had feathers free each time i came back. And sometimes as you come back up, he's already casting his thing so just get em there.

KJC here ofc, as you can MG while you fly. oppan alysrazor style.
    Last edited by mmoc8ee790e781; 2013-03-07 at 10:44 PM.

http://youtu.be/4N1CSTkH3jM
    me trying to figure out Ji-Kun as affliction dealing with the fun bugs of UI issues etc. yay i hate this fight

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Half main and alt group Durumu the Forgotten kill.

Unfortunately, I had to do deal with the KJC + Gnosis movement while channeling bug throughout the encounter...I need to find a suitable workaround to these situations...possibly a weak aura display what spell I am casting while I have the KJC debuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is everybody pretty much using Sac over Sup or something? I've not seen hardly any encounters of locks not going Sac. I'd thought Supremacy would win out on fights like Durumu where it's just a single target fight (minus occasional adds that die in a couple seconds)?

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    So is everybody pretty much using Sac over Sup or something? I've not seen hardly any encounters of locks not going Sac. I'd thought Supremacy would win out on fights like Durumu where it's just a single target fight (minus occasional adds that die in a couple seconds)?
    Generally speaking for any single target fight GoSac is better with GoSup edging ahead as you add targets for multidotting. The reason you are seeing a lot of people playing Sac right now is for a couple of reasons mostly; a) they didn't/don't know how to reforge for GoSup to actually be significantly better, b) don't know how to control a pet anymore so it may just die or c) (and this is why I am GoSac for now) people wanted to test out GoSac and figure out if it's actually still competitive compared to GoSup.

Deleted
    AM going to keep updating this thread as it already contains some great info, abd hopefully until individual guides are out, we can collectively share our insights here.

Durumu :
    Afflock PoV video: http://www.twitch.tv/eiffeltowereu/c/2013902
    - Standard one target fight. Add is up for max 15 seconds, on which you can SB:SS + Drain Soul, if you are in range of it. (I was assigned to blue beam so not always in range)
    - MAZE : The killer bit of this fight, along with revealing the blue add.
    We used a strategy where range was in the range safe zones, and the melee were clsoe to boss. Therefore range have to run more. If I cast while runing in that safe zone, with KJC I will be caught up by the beam, so I FF, unless I am miles in front of the beam, and know I can dropp KJC snare before it hits me.
    pro tip : coordinate stampeding roars etc, but don't run too fast either.

Dark Animus :
    Affliction Lock PoV : http://www.twitch.tv/eiffeltowereu/c/2013903
    Absolutely nothing in this fight relates to DPS apart from the last phase. Just stand close to your add, keep dots on it but don't drain untill kill time.
    Once boss is up, blow CDs, ????? Profit.
    IF you are targeted by the swap (teleport thingie), use a CD like DB or UR. Dispelllers should dispel it half way through the duration ideally (5secs).

Regarding animus : It's a shame - i loved the idea of the mechanic, but in reality it just ends up being a 'stand there and watch other people do their job until its your time to'.

updated w/ Iron Qon/Consorts - still working on Lei Shen, should be up soon.

It's worth noting that you get Shard return from the Crimson Fogs on Dumuru, therefore it's practical to keep close to 100% uptime on Haunt on the boss until they are all dead

Lei Shen I took GoSup Succy for the Fellash on the balls. KJC is a must. When you split into your four quadrants, if your quadrants doesn't happen to have an add, I sent my pet to the quadrant where an add is up. Wasn't able to properly test if your pet can soak Bouncing Bolt. Your dots keep hitting the boss after he phases, so reapply just before. All adds give shards. We used Gateways to link our quadrants together for easy mobility. Your numbers will be higher if your guild is really sloppy with Diffusion Chain which isn't good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ji'kun: saving a feather for the final burn phase to get Nutriments feels like a must (fell off the platform mid fight, ended at 150k DPS) - as Eiffel pointed out earlier. If you've got extra feathers for some reason, stack the debuff/buff higher and higher. You can eat a high stack debuff towards the end with any damage reduction talent (even at ~7 stacks it shouldn't kill you unless you overlap with quills).

Durumu: pairing KJC with BR and Sac pact (when below 50%) seemed like the best way to maintain DPS without dying to mind daggers or getting caught in the beam, but since we're still here, I'd be happy to find a better way to save healer mana without saccing DPS.
    Update: running in melee is VERY reasonable with KJC up, and provides a nice little continuous bubble for the incoming Mind Daggers. Sac Pact was especially useful for damage taken at the VERY beginning when finding an opening in melee feels nearly impossible (for me, at least).
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-03-19 at 07:01 AM. Reason: I never get all the Us right.

is there any fight in TOT in which going AFF over Destro is a HUGE disadvantage???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miasmah View Post
    is there any fight in TOT in which going AFF over Destro is a HUGE disadvantage???
    It all depends on your item level, if you are around 509 yes, such fights are all fights where you can't multidot. On the other side if you have high item level affliction would be better on any fight, because it scales greatly with gear.
    Last edited by AngelovV; 2013-03-19 at 09:20 AM.