Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Trick to potentially help those looking to get an honor weapon fast:

If you're like me and one of your toons just never got around to getting a PvP weapon last season, you might've still gotten a full honor set and been excited for the ease of access to getting a shiny new PvP weapon for honor today. Of course, then you saw the "7250 Honor Gained this season" requirement. This little trick might only benefit a few people, but I thought I'd share it anyway:

Honor "gained" by turning 375 justice points into 250 honor at the JP vendor counts toward your honor gained for the season. So, first step is, of course, turning excess justice into honor. Secondly, however, since there's a PvP vendor who will sell you 250 Justice for 375 Honor, you can go to him and get your honor turned into Justice, and then, of course, turn that Justice into Honor again, all of it counting toward your Honor earned this season.

With this method I took my DK, who's been sitting on the sidelines with a full set of honor pvp gear and no weapon (in favor of my monk, whom I did get weapons on), and turned ~1800 Justice and ~2600 Honor into 4000 "Honor gained during the season" in under 5 minutes, albeit at the cost of most my Justice and Honor supply (as you obviously lose 125 points per transaction with the NPC's).

Hope this helps a few people who have lots of stockpiled points but little time to farm who want a PvP weapon much faster. Have fun. : )

Very interesting. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Very interesting. Thanks for the tip.
    Yah, this is an exploit and will be fixed exceedingly quickly, that PTR...lul.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard View Post
    How is this an exploit? You technically lose value from each transaction... so, it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    How is this an exploit? You technically lose value from each transaction... so, it isn't.
    You honestly think that the intended, "Honor gained during the season" is transferring JP->HP->JP->HP?

Note the honor you gain from the tokens that drop off the NPCs in Krasarang Wilds also count towards this value.

Offtopic: did justice points reseted or converted into something or do I still have em when i log in?
    Honor reseted right?(converted into gold)

Im at work

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Esserk View Post
    Offtopic: did justice points reseted or converted into something or do I still have em when i log in?
    Honor reseted right?(converted into gold)

Im at work

Thanks!
    Nah, only conquest got reset. Every excessive conquest has been turned to honor, and if you pass the honor cap with that it get turned into gold.

Definitely not an exploit, since as others stated you lose your honor/jp in the process. The cost of doing this would put it under "clever use of game mechanics."

10+ Year Old Account
    uuu thanks for tip mate !!!! will do on my main then need weapon for FC gear set
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    While you lose points for it overall, it boosts your Honour 'earned' significantly, even though you haven't earned it at all. It's not the kind of thing that they'd ban you for, but I imagine they would hotfix it pretty soon.

It's probably a bug. Point converts never counted towards season earns.

This has existed since Cataclysm. Seriously doubt they're going to hotfix it.

Agreed, Personally saw this mid Cata aswell. so exploit, nah, just another way to earn it, you are still trading active game time for it at a less conversion ratio, so you it would probably turn out to be the same as dying with awful gear over and over. I think its actually good, so people can get in more prepared in bg's and whatever instead of entering with 50% resi and 8% power and just die die die die

10+ Year Old Account
    Does not work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Does not work.
    yes it does.

I just bought my honour items and converted down some JP and it counted.

Also killed two of the domination point rares and that also counted.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    You are rong. This was the Case for years that you could convert JP to Honor and this Counts as Honor earned.

You are rong. Eversince I started playing two or so years ago they did Count in towards your earns.

Also keep in mind that you needed to invest more time to grind JP in previous patches than grinding Honor now. It is similair to stockpiling dailies for about a week and turning them in once a new Expansion launches. You get roughly 15min worth of Experience instantly on Launch at the expense of doing Quests beforehand for one hour or so.
    dunno about honor. but when you could trade cp>vl it didn't gave credits for it. and blizzard said it was intented to not give you credits because you basicly didn't EARN then. you traded them. so i have a feeling we will see a fix soon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    yes it does.

I just bought my honour items and converted down some JP and it counted.

Also killed two of the domination point rares and that also counted.
    Did not work on my hunter when I traded over 4k jp.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Did not work on my hunter when I traded over 4k jp.
    User error. I've been using this method for a long time, and it still works this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard View Post
    How is this an exploit?

It is by all definition "honor gained during this season". honor is just a game currency, not a means to get this currency.
    There is a limit of how much advantage you could gain in this, obviously limited by justice and honor caps.
    There is also a trade off in this, as you lose the currency in the process, including honor, which is needed to purchase the weapon in the first place!