Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Regarding the PNG vs JPG thing: It's purely anecdotal of course, but I've experienced instances where signature sized (500x100) PNGs without transparency end up being smaller than sufficiently high-quality JPGs. That's always been with very simplistic cartoon graphics, though it doesn't have to be as low as 8 colors. However if you're saving an image with enough colors - evidently not a very high limit judging from your example Remi - you should roll with a high quality jpg.

A general tip that always works is "use the save for web tool and compare both formats before deciding". That way you'll always end up with the slimmest possible file, and if your editing software has such a slider, be able to tweak the Jpg loss levels to your liking. I'm fairly sure that tool exists in both Paint.Net and GIMP from what I've heard, so you shouldn't need photoshop (what I use) for that.

I'm sure it would be helpful to some users to add a 500px by 100px image placeholder to the guidelines page so some less informed people have an idea what that means.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Hello guys i want to ask you how can i get the permission to have a signature in my account because i'm new to mmo champion?

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Or in Firefox, right click, View Image Info.
    Is there any browser were you can't get this info fairly easy? In explorer to you right click and then properties.

---------- Post added 2013-03-24 at 04:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sorasan View Post
    Hello guys i want to ask you how can i get the permission to have a signature in my account because i'm new to mmo champion?
    Couldn't find any info on this, but I think you needed to hit a minimum amount of posts. Not sure how many it was.
    Last edited by Exeris; 2013-03-24 at 03:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Deleted
    Hmm thank you i appreciate your help

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    Couldn't find any info on this, but I think you needed to hit a minimum amount of posts. Not sure how many it was.
    I know for putting links and sending messages it's 10, so probably the same here as well.

Deleted
    Oh thank you too

10+ Year Old Account
    It's 10 posts I believe, Sorasan.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)