Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    No loot from every boss + 3 coins. awesome.

I love that catchup is one set of RNG chances once a week now. It's so good getting all of your 463 items, doing the palace, getting some coins, getting 4 items, sitting on 467 and going "now what?". Oh wait now I have to find an MV pug that will take a 467 disc priest. This is going to be so much fun!

Fuck this stupid system. Fuck RNG catchup. Fuck it so much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Items could have a 99% chance to drop and you'd still have someone get nothing for 2 months in a row.
    That's me.
    21 Sha of Fear kills and no Shin'Ka...

The RNG gods giveth and the RNG gods taketh away. Ive done LFR ToES and both MV LFRs and out of those 10 bosses Ive gotten 4 drops without coins. Nothing I needed (although Sha Crystals are always useful), but good to see more drops coming. They definitly upped the rate. Just gotta keep plugging away and the gear will come.

The funny thing is you guys seem to expect the correct item from each boss. The increased drop rate still follows rng to a degree. My lock got 8 items this week from coins while my hunter got 1 with 10 coins. I could definitely tell there was an increased drop chance and I got a few useful items (blood spirit and sha crystals) people need to just relax and not expect the perfect drop 100% of the time.

Here's the thing, Blizzard intends this to be a way to catch up but the problem is there is so much RNG involved. You are lucky to get something, you're even more lucky to get what you want. It was better back then when you could farm the hell out of dungeons to gear up for the new raid. This is ridiculous.

Better luck next time!
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

It's amazing, how some people think that they are entitled to a new epic each week.

Deleted
    Well, i got 3 Items and was able to complete my Legendary Quest, so yeah....I'm fine lol :P

Did MSV and HoF on my alt DK yesterday, used a coin on every boss and got 0 drops, so yeah RNG is RNG. Realy not something to whine about. Hoping on some drops this week to increase my ilvl so I can go Terrace, and hopefully the new one soonish. But I can get a decent ilvl from Malevolent gear now (476 I think it was?), so that will help alot.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Oh cool, super easy lfr content wasn't enough - guarenteed loot too! This is a step in the same direction (not saying it is right or wrong) but at least Blizz isn't flip flopping here.
    Well, I'm saying it is bad.

Free loots on LFR was bad, not even more free loots on LFR is worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    I love that catchup is one set of RNG chances once a week now. It's so good getting all of your 463 items, doing the palace, getting some coins, getting 4 items, sitting on 467 and going "now what?". Oh wait now I have to find an MV pug that will take a 467 disc priest. This is going to be so much fun!

Fuck this stupid system. Fuck RNG catchup. Fuck it so much.
    Considering you're only 467, grab a few 476 PVP pieces (convert JP to HP) and the new 522 neck and get your ilvl to 480 then you can at least do all wings of LFR currently open (19 bosses). Even at a 10% drop rate you'd be looking at 2 pieces a week with no coins plus the new wing gives a raid rep for further 522s. Catch up is a lot easier than you think. Have you done sha for the free boots? And note I didn't mention a single daily, although you could work on the new daily rep to open up further options or work on the 5.1 daily rep for cheaper 489s.

I just saw that the drop rate for the old LFRs is now 30% and 16% for the current LFRs, so you'd be obviously looking at more than 2 pieces a week but let's assume you get unlucky with RNG and/or you'd be getting pieces you already have so you'd still be looking at 2 new pieces a week.
    Last edited by dryankem; 2013-03-13 at 02:21 PM.