Deleted

Zandalari Warbringers evading

So, I'm soloing these new pretty rares, Zandalari Warbringers and Zandalari Warscouts and from time to time, they just evade and go back, only to be tagged by someone else.

Anyone else have the reseting issues or any info about why is it happening?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken4death View Post
    So, I'm soloing these new pretty rares, Zandalari Warbringers and Zandalari Warscouts and from time to time, they just evade and go back, only to be tagged by someone else.

Anyone else have the reseting issues or any info about why is it happening?
    I've heard reports of people griefing by fearing them off of the cliffs or taunting from an unreachable place to make them evade/reset like the TLPD wars of old, but I haven't seen it myself and I haven't had any evade for mystery reasons.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Happened to me as well. Got him with 3 mln hp left. For a enemies that a being designed about kiting and avoiding abilities they have suprisingly small range o movement before reset.

They're not designed around kiting - they're designed around a group kill. I'll grant the reset is annoying (especially when it happens after they fear you), but I'm guessing the short leash is intentional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelock789 View Post
    They're not designed around kiting - they're designed around a group kill. I'll grant the reset is annoying (especially when it happens after they fear you), but I'm guessing the short leash is intentional.
    They can be designed for a group kill and still have the expectation of being kited. To be sure, they were designed with multiple players in mind and obviously weren't intended to be kited great distances due to the short leash, but I also think that expecting people not to kite at all is unrealistic, because even in groups there can be a lot of movement from avoiding the spirit, and the ground AoE, and the fear. I've found that most of the time I've found them, we've moved around the general area quite a bit (and times distinctly using kiting tactics with roots and knockbacks when needed), even in groups.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Had one kited anyway from me and it evaded. Seen and read reports of Ele Shamans knocking them off the cliffs and they evade. They really should make these faction tagged ASAP, it's really unfair.

Warbringers are designed to be group content, warscouts are soloable, although being dk or hunter is a must, i've been doing them on rogue for like 20 hours now killed 5 and lost my nerve more than one occasion, neighbors propably wondering about the nerdrage. They are tuned propably for more like heroic raid geared people, although they drop rep tokens for people who are behind and want to start to 5.2 content, but haven't even done 5.0 yet, kinda messed up design that way. Regarding the evading, it's really annoying, the warscouts are designed definately to be kited cause you'lle get oneshotted if not. The fear they have is specially a bitch since if uninterrupted you'll get feared so long that you'll run past range and then the mobs reset. It's like they are extremely difficult and have extensive hp on their own that it takes 15-30 minutes to kill one normally just to get range feared to evade on the last 5%, just to fuck with you. Made several tickets about this already. Hopefully their evade range will be fixed.

It's pretty funny that people wanted a harder wow. Mists delivered, well kinda, levelling and solo content is equal to 25man hc raid difficulty as it was in wotlk or cata and pandaria heroic raid content is 5man normal difficulty.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2013-03-08 at 05:43 PM.

Deleted
    I can't solo the scouts on my enhancement shaman, they outdps my self healing. I do have pretty bad gear though
    Last edited by mmocfde342b214; 2013-03-11 at 05:46 PM.

And another thing is the mob density in Pandaria. Guess that will never get fixed, but pulling one mob seems to be impossible, i mean how many mobs does one area need. There's like no players leveling or questing, doing dailies i've in entirity seen propably 15-20 players during 4 months, old world is filled with players, tbc if full of players, pandaria has zip, there's no one. The mob density per square meter is ridiculous and spawn rate, i killed one, holy moly it respawns in 15 seconds, give them some time to spent in afterlife before they have to come back as dumbeetle here. So what's with the mob population are they procrastinating with such rate that when you want to fight one elite you have to pull minimum of 4-15 other mobs as well. And every single one has daze and dismount. FFS! There's one enraged bunny you aggroed while riding and wham dismount and daze, what did he bite you his 2 teeth so hard that you fell off your mammoth and suddenly his buddies came along, you're now fighting a loosing battle against 23 bunnies, graveyard run is inevitable.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2013-03-08 at 06:29 PM.

This just happened to me and let me tell you...I have never been so mad.

A friend and I were 2 manning one out in Jade Forest and had it at 30% when a group of 5 people showed up. A warrior taunted the Warbringer to a cliff and the shaman knocked it off. It evaded and they took our tag and got the mount.

I don't have a problem with people taking a mob from me if I die, but I do have a problem with people doing stuff like this. It completely killed any drive I had to farm these ever again. It is 100% not fair that blizzard didn't think of this as a way to grief other groups who are trying to kill these. I would hope this gets fixed soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    I can't solo the scouts on my enhancement shaman they outdps my self healing. I do have pretty bad gear though
    sounds like you might not be avoiding vengeful spirits, kite away from them, stay mobile during meteor shower. they really dont do much damage if you can avoid those 2 mechanics.

OT: yah ive seen alot of people trying to be basic asshats, but it can help you in the process if you dont lose your cool. just be like on the opposite side of the warbringer from these asshats, when they taunt, you taunt (if you can). they basically get stuck in the middle and you can freely dps. also as soon as you tag.. start moving away from any cliff edges and keep the warbringers constantly slowed so people cant kite them off the cliff as easy.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2013-03-10 at 10:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other than being kited off a cliff, I've noticed that the mobs can be dragged a good long way over conventional terrain. The only one I've seen reset over "normal" terrain was the one in krasarang wilds, and that was by being dragged a bit of ways west/east/south into the ocean. It didn't seem to have a leash going north.

Blizzard should just make it so mobs that aren't tagged to the person can't be taunted or affected by knockbacks from said person; they already can't be death gripped. Solves almost all of the problems right off the bat.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-03-10 at 10:34 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    I see most of you have had other people messing with that but I'm mainly talking about them reseting randomly. Happened to me just a few minutes ago and it wasn't more than 10 yards away from the spawning point.