Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    That certainly is true, but adding new dungeons interferes with the gear progression Blizzard are trying to achieve. The dungeons they would have to design wouldn't cater to many people. If the ilvl is too low most people won't run them because they simply won't need to. If the ilvl is too high then you eliminate the entire previous tier almost, just like they did by adding the 3 new dungeons with Dragon Soul. Once those hit, the previous raid tiers and dungeons were pointless.

If you added new dungeons now, what ilvl would you give them? Where would they fit in the current progression path?
    Then the problem is the gear progresion Blizzard is trying to achieve.

Nothing justifies not giving us dungeons in an MMO. Dungeons are the heart of WoW.

I would give the ilvl of the previous tier Normal or LFR tier (so 496 or 483)
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2013-03-07 at 01:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    i was wondering when i was gonna see a thread like this u just cant please some people, sometimes i feel sorry for blizz having to cater to player types like the OP
    Because getting the same patch over and over, and over again is not interesting, it's not impressive. It's always ''A raid, more daily quests, and some gear and changes'' It's nothing new, we get these kind of patches all the time.

It was impressive in the start with the few first patches giving these things, but now? No, at least not to me, at least not when other MMOs get things out faster, with even better quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Then how in the world, if it is such a core facet to the game that the fact that no new dungeon has been added in the 6 months since launch is a huge problem, did all these so called dungeoneers survive TBC? There was 1 new 5-man added over the course of that expansion. And that one wasn't put in until about 15 months into the expansion. Or Wrath, which added 4 total 5-mans, 3 of which came in the final raid tier a full year after the expansion released. Cata gave us 5 dungeons post launch, but Firelands did not add a 5-man and I don't recall any complaints.

You go on like every patch in the game prior to the past 2 added dungeon content. In truth, less than half the major patches contained dungeon content of any kind.

TBC had more dungeons from launch. Wrath and Cata never launched two major patches without a new dungeon.

I dont go on lie every patch should have a new dungeons, the problem is that we have got TWO major patches without new dungeons already. And in BOTH of those patches they gave us dailies.

So i think if they didnt have enough time for all in this patch, they should have given us new deungons and NOT dailies, with the new dungeons dropping items of the same ilvl that dailies are giving us in 5.2 (496) because we already got dailies in 5.1, this patch was the dungeons turn.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2013-03-07 at 01:54 PM.

Deleted
    I absolutely love this patch so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob6875 View Post
    Not sure why so many are complaining about the new dailies. It is basically completely optional content that doesn't give u any advantage in pvp or pve for doing it (besides coins). The best items from it are only 496ilvl but you should be spending your valor on the new 522 gear instead.

So unless you like mounts or achvs. don't do them!

So many people are complaining because those of us that hate dailies were already screwed in 5.1, and now we are screwed again, with no new dugneons.

Meanwhile, they keep releasing those dammed dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    I agree, frankly I think the weird obsession with RNG is outdated. The whole thing was designed to keep you running content for longer to get your stuff.

The problem is with their new faster patches philosophy RNG runs counter to it. Now I never got an epic weapon from both bosses in Mogu'Shan or from Sha of fear when it was current (yes the legendary gem is still sitting in my bags)and I think that shows something is very wrong with the drop rates and system.

Imo blizzard should go back to the cata model as frankly it worked well! Either that or have the personal drop chance increase for your next kill for every kill of that boss you do not see loot. That way eventually you get the item.
    Yea it makes no sense. It's like they weren't confident in their ability to release patches faster so they had to give all this grind and all these gates. If they were sincere about releasing patches faster than all this slow wasn't necessary. The gate for lfr is 6 weeks. Not even in my wildest fucking dreams in this reward model would I expect to get everything or even 50% of everything I wanted out of that instance. I'd have a greater chance of spontaneously combusting. I think they went over board and I'm hoping they realize this.

The game didn't have anything else to do other than dailies and LFR in 5.1. So in 5.2 they gave us more dailies? No sense of progression, just jurrasic park. Faceroll mobs that can't dmg 1% of your hp, all those quest mobs feel like trainning dummies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    Because getting the same patch over and over, and over again is not interesting, it's not impressive. It's always ''A raid, more daily quests, and some gear and changes'' It's nothing new, we get these kind of patches all the time.

It was impressive in the start with the few first patches giving these things, but now? No, at least not to me, at least not when other MMOs get things out faster, with even better quality.
    so why do you play this game? didn't you know we quest over and over again for 8 years now?, or that we raid over and over again for 8 years now? or that we pvp over and over again? WTF did you people expect, new coming of christ or something?
    I can tell you right now, 5.3 and 5.4 will be about the same, like it or leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Well I don't think the 6 week wait is enough to cure what ails LFR from being or feeling mandatory. It's not likely your guild will have it's fill of reward out of the normal raid by the time 6 weeks is over so you'll still be in there looking for upgrades and potentially rep for the faction as well. Under their current reward model it would take my wildest fucking dreams to come true for me to get my fill out of normal raid in 6 weeks. Entropy has a great probability. If the developers insist that it isn't though (and their full of horse shit) then theirs ZERO reason why it should be closed now.
    I think the staggered release is the only thing making LFR less mandatory. If I were still playing, and was making reasonable progress in normal modes, I'd probably skip grinding LFR for gear upgrades. If the whole zone was available on day 1 though, I'd probably be ostracized for not doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Yea it makes no sense. It's like they weren't confident in their ability to release patches faster so they had to give all this grind and all these gates. If they were sincere about releasing patches faster than all this slow wasn't necessary. The gate for lfr is 6 weeks. Not even in my wildest fucking dreams in this reward model would I expect to get everything or even 50% of everything I wanted out of that instance. I'd have a greater chance of spontaneously combusting. I think they went over board and I'm hoping they realize this.
    I think they partially realized it, hence the small backpedal on the release dates. Here's to hoping they get their heads out of their asses, or the next quarter's going to be looking shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    1-2 days in and the complaints about content that hasn't been released entirely yet have begun.
    You do realize this is why people are complaining? Or are you just being facetious?

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    so why do you play this game? didn't you know we quest over and over again for 8 years now?, or that we raid over and over again for 8 years now? or that we pvp over and over again? WTF did you people expect, new coming of christ or something?
    I can tell you right now, 5.3 and 5.4 will be about the same, like it or leave it.
    People have been leaving, even without your antagonism. Do you enjoy empty servers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Where were you when raids like SWP and ICC were gated
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by rional View Post
    you know i was expecting something different other then a epic daily grind from the new thunder isle...

i just dont think blizzard really get its... daily grind makes the game so boring... i mean 5 valor points a quest isnt really doing it for me..

maybe 15-20 valor per quest.. but not 5..

anyone else think so? and a lack of a lfr.. i mean if it isnt ready now.. no chance lfr is gonna be ready by next week either
    Who says LFR isn't ready now ? They've stated their reasons for not releasing LFR this week and it wasn't because it wasn't ready. It's to give peopel a chance to at least beat normal mode without having already seen all the bosses because that takes way the epicness of the actual proper raid. Have you forgotten how LFR was released in the previous tier already ?

Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    I think the staggered release is the only thing making LFR less mandatory. If I were still playing, and was making reasonable progress in normal modes, I'd probably skip grinding LFR for gear upgrades. If the whole zone was available on day 1 though, I'd probably be ostracized for not doing it.
    Possibly. I'm not convinced of that. The reality is that for most guilds 6 weeks probably isn't enough to get through the entire instance. Even for guilds that do manage this they aren't likely to have all their raiders decked out in full normal gear or anywhere near that so the boost from lfr still helps. Even if it were true that the gating is really so people don't feel compelled then I would still argue that theirs nothing stopping Blizzard from releasing even just one wing, or just one boss hell. It's really a minor thing but it makes all the difference for someone running lfr. It gives them something to look forward to on patch day.

I'm not asking for all of it on day one honest. I recognize it would be pretty shitty for you guys doing normals to have to also run lfr. Well alright I take that back. I don't think it would be shitty. I think to an extent it would be like wotlk where there were 25 and 10 man raids. I understand that was a pain in the ass for some of you guys though so alright no full raid on patch day. I've accepted that. Why can't I get a taste though?

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 03:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Where were you when raids like SWP and ICC were gated
    In those raids on the days they came out. At the time I was raiding and I ran with 25 man pugs on the weekends. I'd love to be in the raid this week. As an lfr raider it's not going to happen for me.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-07 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    People have been leaving, even without your antagonism. Do you enjoy empty servers?
    He speaks the truth though. People seem to expect the game to become a different game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    Roleplaying. I solely play World of Warcraft because of friends and roleplay.

I already know the future patches will probably be the same all over again, but that just makes me sad. Not sad for myself, but for what Blizzard actually could create with this game, but giving the same things over and over must be really, really stale for them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    He speaks the truth though. People seem to expect the game to become a different game.
    It's not about making the game into something completely different, but it's time to actually do something with it instead of giving out the same stale content over, and over again. Blizzard got so much money, and they had so many wild ideas in the past.

If we talk about the April Fools jokes they always create each year, to me, that seems to be something Blizzard actually wants to do, but they scrap it all the time.

Except Pandaren.
    Last edited by mmoc6e23abdef8; 2013-03-07 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rional View Post
    you know i was expecting something different other then a epic daily grind from the new thunder isle...

i just dont think blizzard really get its... daily grind makes the game so boring... i mean 5 valor points a quest isnt really doing it for me..

maybe 15-20 valor per quest.. but not 5..

anyone else think so? and a lack of a lfr.. i mean if it isnt ready now.. no chance lfr is gonna be ready by next week either
    I don't get it.

LFR is done and shipped, we just have to wait a week to unlock it.

As for "the daily grind", I'm not sure what you're looking for. Would you rather have a quest chain that can only be done once before you go back to running around in circles in Ogrimmar/SW?

In addition to a raid, there is a new scenario, new rare spawns, summoning events you can participate in...

Cataclysm was an absolute disaster for max leveled characters because there was nothing to do. Now that there is stuff to do, the game is still, "so boring"?

If you can't find interest in new content THREE DAYS after it is released, perhaps it's time to unsub and go find something else to keep you busy.

Dogs bark.

Cows moo.

Players complain about new WoW patches.

We get it... Either unsub and enjoy life or at least make an interesting forum thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Quite the opposite.

This game has turned form a dungeon crawling game we loved to a daily farming crap we dont. We want our game back, we want our dungeons, we want to be HEROES, not just make stupid pointless tasks.

You people seems to be talking like WoW has had it focus on dailies since Vanilla, which is wrong. Daily focus came in MoP, and to do so they destroyed the core of the game, which always was dungeoning.

We want our dungeon based game again.

The specific issue with dungeons, is that they obselete all content that rewards gear weaker than the gear it contains. If they added new dungeons with 492 gear, it would make all 5.0 raids pointless, since you can run a dungeon via the finder without restraint. Compared to raids where you are limited to 1 a week. They wanted to avoid thiss issue so they simply didnt add dungeons this time around, I'd like to see new ones, but they have to give them a proper place.