Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I couldn't agree less with the title of this thread. This patch is awesome and the best one since the Firelands one which held the title of best ever in my book. The dailies are great and like 4.2, it's a great time to be a Hunter. LFR being gated makes perfect sense to me and doesn't bother me in the slightest.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Deleted
    I am actually pretty happy, being able to do dailies and really get something from them again, since I got exalted with all other MoP factions.

Not seeing the dailies as fun content. And LFR is looking dicey. If LFR ends up being broken this tier, will likely let my sub drop.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

What happened with Zandalari dungeons from 4.2? Some people used it to gear up for that tier of raid, others face smashed on them and just geared up by getting recipies in firelands and then once the end times gated dungeons came out whenever someone random qeued up and got a Zandalari dungeon they would just leave and take the 30 min lock out because they didn't want to deal with it.

This is the best process, use the last tier of lfr for gearing up (which you can do faster due to cheap valor gear, increased drop rate and Thunder Isle dropping greater coins for old lfr like rain, I collected 12 in 2 days) to lead you to the new lfr which can lead you into raid worthy gear. The old heroics now give valor and rep along with scenarios.

And I love people who say dailies are repetetive yet sleep walk through heroic dungeons over and over again for valor because they don't need any of the gear that drops in them. What are you doing differently than dailies? You kill X enemies, you kill a boss (which now takes about 13-30 seconds) and then you rinse and repeat 2 to 3 more times. Maybe 4 times in certain dungeons. Oh you have a group dynamic? So invite a few people into a group and do the dailies, now you have a group dynamic AND you get the dailies done faster since everyones goals are shared.

New rule, QQ world doesn't open until at least 10% of the content is experienced.

Give me a break. Scratched the surface of this patch and already angry at it, in the business world you would fall under the term 'detractor'. Someone who cant be happy regardless of any services provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    TBC had more dungeons from launch. Wrath and Cata never launched two major patches without a new dungeon.

I dont go on lie every patch should have a new dungeons, the problem is that we have got TWO major patches without new dungeons already. And in BOTH of those patches they gave us dailies.

So i think if they didnt have enough time for all in this patch, they should have given us new deungons and NOT dailies, with the new dungeons dropping items of the same ilvl that dailies are giving us in 5.2 (496) because we already got dailies in 5.1, this patch was the dungeons turn.
    We've also gotten those two major patches in the same time it took us to get one patch in Wrath or Cata. The expansion has only been out 6 months. Again, previous expansions went FAR longer without providing any dungeon content at all, yet not only did everyone survive but I do not recall a large amount of complaints. Out of 23 major patches since launch (not counting expansion release patches) only 7 patches have added any dungeon content in the history of the game. Granted, TBC had more dungeons at launch, but they were all available at launch, could only be run once per day, and we got nothing new for 15 months. Wrath had a few more than MoP at launch, but again they could only be run once per day until patch 3.3. It was 10 months from the start of Wrath until we got our first new dungeon, and when we did, that dungeon consisted of a single room.

Meanwhile almost every patch to date has added questing content of some form.

You can keep trying to argue that dungeons are such a core facet of the game that we can't go more than two patches without one, but the facts of how the game has been developed thus far do not support your position in any way. It may be that much of an important feature for you. But dungeons have in no way ever been the primary focus of development, and expecting them to be now is beyond wishful thinking.

Edit: Don't get me wrong. I respect that you and many other feel that emphasis should be put on dungeons instead of other types of content. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. What I object to is using the idea that dungeons have always been the primary focus of the game and that Blizzard has suddenly turned their back on that philosophy, when in fact that is in no way true. They are simply emphasizing the dailies more this expansion, making them a larger part of the game than they have been previously. Which apparently upsets some people an excessive amount.
    Last edited by Gurbz; 2013-03-07 at 05:04 PM.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quite the opposite.

This game has turned form a dungeon crawling game we loved to a daily farming crap we dont. We want our game back, we want our dungeons, we want to be HEROES, not just make stupid pointless tasks.

You people seems to be talking like WoW has had it focus on dailies since Vanilla, which is wrong. Daily focus came in MoP, and to do so they destroyed the core of the game, which always was dungeoning.

We want our dungeon based game again.
    No thanks. Dungeon crawling in vanilla was a chore and much more time consuming than doing dailies. I will take 30 minutes of dailies any day over doing a 3 hour BRD run.

The only thing I'm disappointed on is that there were no new 5 mans but I assume that they will add some in patch 5.3 then another raid (probably the last one) in 5.4

Why continue whining about the game? If you're to the point where you're disappointed enough to make a big post whining about content you don't like, why do you continue playing? That's a dumb question to ask, because the game is awesome and you couldn't leave if you wanted to.

It's impossible to please everyone. Yeah it would have been awesome if they added in a new dungeon or two as well, but if they kept dumping new raids, dungeons, daily hubs, talents, class quests, etc into every single patch, they would all feel dry and too similar. They need time to create all this content for us, and it's not realistic to expect huge experiences from them every couple months when they're juggling three other games at the same time.

I personally am having a blast with the new island. I had classes starting at 6AM today, and last night around 10 I said to myself, "I'm just gonna check on wow real quick before bed." I ended up not sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazmina View Post
    The specific issue with dungeons, is that they obselete all content that rewards gear weaker than the gear it contains. If they added new dungeons with 492 gear, it would make all 5.0 raids pointless, since you can run a dungeon via the finder without restraint. Compared to raids where you are limited to 1 a week. They wanted to avoid thiss issue so they simply didnt add dungeons this time around, I'd like to see new ones, but they have to give them a proper place.
    So its ok that daileis makes all previous content obsolete but its not ok for dungeons?

Because, you know, dailies give some 496 and you can get a free 522 with valors. I would even be fine if the new dungeons give 486 or 490 so they are enough to make the entry to new LFR faster without making HoF and Terrace Normal worthless.

Old content is old, and it is NOT an excuse to change the CORE of the game that has always been DUNGEONS to this daily system that is NOT ok for many of us.

So what if old content gets obsolete? That happens with time, everything gets obsolete, but changing the fundamental core of a game because of that?

I'mk sorry, i dont find that acceptable.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 02:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    What happened with Zandalari dungeons from 4.2? Some people used it to gear up for that tier of raid, others face smashed on them and just geared up by getting recipies in firelands and then once the end times gated dungeons came out whenever someone random qeued up and got a Zandalari dungeon they would just leave and take the 30 min lock out because they didn't want to deal with it.

This is the best process, use the last tier of lfr for gearing up (which you can do faster due to cheap valor gear, increased drop rate and Thunder Isle dropping greater coins for old lfr like rain, I collected 12 in 2 days) to lead you to the new lfr which can lead you into raid worthy gear. The old heroics now give valor and rep along with scenarios.

And I love people who say dailies are repetetive yet sleep walk through heroic dungeons over and over again for valor because they don't need any of the gear that drops in them. What are you doing differently than dailies? You kill X enemies, you kill a boss (which now takes about 13-30 seconds) and then you rinse and repeat 2 to 3 more times. Maybe 4 times in certain dungeons. Oh you have a group dynamic? So invite a few people into a group and do the dailies, now you have a group dynamic AND you get the dailies done faster since everyones goals are shared.
    The problem with the Zandalari dungeons were nto the ilvl or making previous content obsolete, it was the fact that two dungeons were the only content launched in over 6 months for gods sake.

This is not the best process, this is taking WoW and turning it into a completely different game called World of Dailycraft.

WoW's PVE core has always been dungeons and they are destroying that to replace them with this cheap content that they can develop with 1/4 of the cost.

I'm sorry if mediocre content is not enough for me, i expect more from a company like Blizzard.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 02:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    We've also gotten those two major patches in the same time it took us to get one patch in Wrath or Cata. The expansion has only been out 6 months. Again, previous expansions went FAR longer without providing any dungeon content at all, yet not only did everyone survive but I do not recall a large amount of complaints. Out of 23 major patches since launch (not counting expansion release patches) only 7 patches have added any dungeon content in the history of the game. Granted, TBC had more dungeons at launch, but they were all available at launch, could only be run once per day, and we got nothing new for 15 months. Wrath had a few more than MoP at launch, but again they could only be run once per day until patch 3.3. It was 10 months from the start of Wrath until we got our first new dungeon, and when we did, that dungeon consisted of a single room.

Meanwhile almost every patch to date has added questing content of some form.

You can keep trying to argue that dungeons are such a core facet of the game that we can't go more than two patches without one, but the facts of how the game has been developed thus far do not support your position in any way. It may be that much of an important feature for you. But dungeons have in no way ever been the primary focus of development, and expecting them to be now is beyond wishful thinking.

Edit: Don't get me wrong. I respect that you and many other feel that emphasis should be put on dungeons instead of other types of content. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. What I object to is using the idea that dungeons have always been the primary focus of the game and that Blizzard has suddenly turned their back on that philosophy, when in fact that is in no way true. They are simply emphasizing the dailies more this expansion, making them a larger part of the game than they have been previously. Which apparently upsets some people an excessive amount.
    Since the start of Wrath till MoP, only two patches did not included dungeons.

And yes, we are getting patches faster, but that was a promise Blizzard made after taking too long to develop patches.

They said they would launch patches faster, but they are not doing that, they are just breaking the same patches we had before into pieces and launching them in pieces.

When a company tells me they want to launch patches faster because they were being too slow, i understand that they want to launch patches with EQUAL CONTENT faster, not small patches to make the impression they are being faster.

Two patches without a single dungeon, that is as much patches without dungeons as we had in the whole previous 2 expansions.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2013-03-07 at 05:26 PM.

So its ok that daileis makes all previous content obsolete but its not ok for dungeons?

Because, you know, dailies give some 496 and you can get a free 522 with valors. I would even be fine if the new dungeons give 486 or 490 so they are enough to make the entry to new LFR faster without making HoF and Terrace Normal worthless.

Old content is old, and it is NOT an excuse to change the CORE of the game that has always been DUNGEONS to this daily system that is NOT ok for many of us.

So what if old content gets obsolete? That happens with time, everything gets obsolete, but changing the fundamental core of a game because of that?

I'mk sorry, i dont find that acceptable.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 02:22 PM ----------

The problem with the Zandalari dungeons were nto the ilvl or making previous content obsolete, it was the fact that two dungeons were the only content launched in over 6 months for gods sake.

This is not the best process, this is taking WoW and turning it into a completely different game called World of Dailycraft.

WoW's PVE core has always been dungeons and they are destroying that to replace them with this cheap content that they can develop with 1/4 of the cost.

I'm sorry if mediocre content is not enough for me, i expect more from a company like Blizzard.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 02:26 PM ----------

Since the start of Wrath till MoP, only two patches did not included dungeons.

And yes, we are getting patches faster, but that was a promise Blizzard made after taking too long to develop patches.

They said they would launch patches faster, but they are not doing that, they are just breaking the same patches we had before into pieces and launching them in pieces.

When a company tells me they want to launch patches faster because they were being too slow, i understand that they want to launch patches with EQUAL CONTENT faster, not small patches to make the impression they are being faster.

Two patches without a single dungeon, that is as much patches without dungeons as we had in the whole previous 2 expansions.
    You obviously dont understand that adding in new dungeons was problematic in the last few expansions. Dungeons now are intended to get you from ilevel 434 to ilevel 460 so you can get gear in lfr/world bosses/raids to 480 so you can lfr/world boss/raid in 5.2.

What would adding in more dungeons accomplish? We already have dungeons with all the gear that is needed to get to 460. So according to the ilevel process in store you would be adding content that a majority of toons dont need the gear from and if they do they won’t need it for more than a week or two because getting 480 raid ready has been made far easier due to increased drop rates/reduced valor cost/10% raid nerf. and greater coins dropping like rain (I got 12 in 2 days, at that rate I could run ToES 4 times in a row and get 16 shots at loot).

There are enough dungeons in the game to get all the gear you want. Adding in new dungeons ultimately serves no purpose other than to give you something new to do which will become old and face smash after you have experienced it two or three times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeego View Post
    Why continue whining about the game? If you're to the point where you're disappointed enough to make a big post whining about content you don't like, why do you continue playing? That's a dumb question to ask, because the game is awesome and you couldn't leave if you wanted to.
    Came to that realization and unsubed wasn't that hard at all, the game is really not as awesome you think.
    I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species.

Unsubbed since a month after release, wanted to give MoP a shot after the huge disappointment that was Cata, oh well.

The first huge "content" patch of MoP is one more raid, a new scenario (LFR) and a hundred more dailies.. yeah.. no.

Not even one 5man dungeon? Jesus.

You obviously dont understand that adding in new dungeons was problematic in the last few expansions. Dungeons now are intended to get you from ilevel 434 to ilevel 460 so you can get gear in lfr/world bosses/raids to 480 so you can lfr/world boss/raid in 5.2.

What would adding in more dungeons accomplish? We already have dungeons with all the gear that is needed to get to 460. So according to the ilevel process in store you would be adding content that a majority of toons dont need the gear from and if they do they won’t need it for more than a week or two because getting 480 raid ready has been made far easier due to increased drop rates/reduced valor cost/10% raid nerf. and greater coins dropping like rain (I got 12 in 2 days, at that rate I could run ToES 4 times in a row and get 16 shots at loot).

There are enough dungeons in the game to get all the gear you want. Adding in new dungeons ultimately serves no purpose other than to give you something new to do which will become old and face smash after you have experienced it two or three times.
    No, its you the one that doesnt understand.

What would accomplish? GIVE CONTENT FOR THOSE OF US THAT LIKE RUNNING THEM.

Yes, i would add dugneons that many people dont need, just like many people dont need items from LFR and Blizzard launched it anyway. Why is that a problem?

Why is it ok to add a huge ton of dailies that many people wont ever do 2 months after you had launched another bacth of daileis but its not ok to launch some dungeons when its over 6 months that you havent launched any?

If there are enough dungeons, then there is an excess of daileis (because there are tons more dailise than dungeons) yet Blizzard developed more.

Addins more dungeons serves the same purpose than adding more dailies, give content for those that like doing them.

The difference is that we just got dailies 2-3 months ago, and we had no dungeons in 6 months (time where we ALSO got dailies), so it would be much more fair to give us dungeons for those os us that like it instead of more dailies which we are sick of them.

BTW, i got 0 coins in 2 days, guess it depends a huge chunk on RNG, which is a bad point to make really, since no one is discussing that anyway.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2013-03-07 at 06:22 PM.

I am enjoying it so far. I like the questing and the mobs seem to hit quite a bit harder making there be a least a little challenge (can't go to sleep through them like the other ones). Obviously depends on gear level, but I am happy so far.

While I would not mind additional 5 mans, I don't want them to give higher level gear. It basically removed the reason to the earlier tier dungeons in WotLK and Cata. They could make more 5 mans that give 463. This ways people have more variety without making the release content invalid.
    Last edited by Sealbinder; 2013-03-07 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wixwix View Post
    Unsubbed since a month after release, wanted to give MoP a shot after the huge disappointment that was Cata, oh well.

The first huge "content" patch of MoP is one more raid, a new scenario (LFR) and a hundred more dailies.. yeah.. no.

Why do you need a new 5 man dungeon? To get gear that you don't need? All the gear that is needed to get to 463 is already in a dungeon. To have a new experience that will be faceroll after the 3rd time you do it?

Huge leap of logic here but I am going to guess that even if they added in 3 more 5 mans you would still of complained and not come back.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2013-03-07 at 06:43 PM.

Why do you need a new 5 man dungeon? To get gear that you don't need? All the gear that is needed to get to 463 is already in a dungeon. To have a new experience that will be faceroll after the 3rd time you do it?
    Because dungeons used to be more fun to do than dailies. It used to be slightly exciting to go exploring them but even that got old when you can pretty much pull the entire dungeon and kill it all.

Overall this game, at least for me, has gotten stale and dull.
    I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wixwix View Post

so you like 5man dungeons I see, tell my why you unsuscribed after a month when you had a bunch of those?
    You want Blizzard to add another 5 or 6 and have such a great customer for another month? - not worth development time imo.

only thing i hate is getting the 3 runes...blizzard make a stupid move by getting us to spawn camp rares for them

No, its you the one that doesnt understand.

What would accomplish? GIVE CONTENT FOR THOSE OF US THAT LIKE RUNNING THEM.

Yes, i would add dugneons that many people dont need, just like many people dont need items from LFR and Blizzard launched it anyway. Why is that a problem?

Why is it ok to add a huge ton of dailies that many people wont ever do 2 months after you had launched another bacth of daileis but its not ok to launch some dungeons when its over 6 months that you havent launched any?

If there are enough dungeons, then there is an excess of daileis (because there are tons more dailise than dungeons) yet Blizzard developed more.

Addins more dungeons serves the same purpose than adding more dailies, give content for those that like doing them.

The difference is that we just got dailies 2-3 months ago, and we had no dungeons in 6 months (time where we ALSO got dailies), so it would be much more fair to give us dungeons for those os us that like it instead of more dailies which we are sick of them.

BTW, i got 0 coins in 2 days, guess it depends a huge chunk on RNG, which is a bad point to make really, since no one is discussing that anyway.
    I somehow doubt you, or anyone else, would be appeased by the addition of one or more dungeons that dropped iLvl460 gear. Blizzard would not make it higher than the existing dungeons because they want people using LFR, and VPs to a lesser extent, as the catch-up mechanic. They decided that the gear resets via dungeons that were prevalent in Cata and Wrath were not healthy for the game, as they provided too quick a method to bypass prior existing content. LFR now fills that role in a much better fashion, and further allows Blizzard to adjust the speed in which characters gear up by changing drop rate percentages. They also now have more efficient ways to communicate store/lore related information to those players that are interested, such as scenarios for example.

So really does not make sense to spend the time and other resources necessary to add a dungeon that serves no other purpose than an additional instance that can pop in the LFD tool.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 10:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    only thing i hate is getting the 3 runes...blizzard make a stupid move by getting us to spawn camp rares for them
    No reason to camp them. You are limited to one per week from rares, though you can acquire them from other sources on the island.

Blizzard did fail hard at communicating that limit prior to the patch going live though.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    I somehow doubt you, or anyone else, would be appeased by the addition of one or more dungeons that dropped iLvl460 gear. Blizzard would not make it higher than the existing dungeons because they want people using LFR, and VPs to a lesser extent, as the catch-up mechanic. They decided that the gear resets via dungeons that were prevalent in Cata and Wrath were not healthy for the game, as they provided too quick a method to bypass prior existing content. LFR now fills that role in a much better fashion, and further allows Blizzard to adjust the speed in which characters gear up by changing drop rate percentages. They also now have more efficient ways to communicate store/lore related information to those players that are interested, such as scenarios for example.

So really does not make sense to spend the time and other resources necessary to add a dungeon that serves no other purpose than an additional instance that can pop in the LFD tool.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 10:53 AM ----------

No reason to camp them. You are limited to one per week from rares, though you can acquire them from other sources on the island.

Blizzard did fail hard at communicating that limit prior to the patch going live though.
    My guild leader pulled down 2 stones doing rares, at least he claimed so. I pulled 1 down from rares and a purple key - thunder king throne room vault run. I was the first in the guild to do the 1 man scenario so I know he didn't get it from that. The 15 valor books make hunting rares worthwhile + chance of a token to summon a ghost that drops chests that drop elder charms.

Edit: Actually I remember him saying he opened a few spawned chests on the island too, which is probably where he got that 2nd stone.