Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    IN 25m we had 10 people sit on sul while the others did the mechanics so that sul would die hopefully before he empowered making the encounter extremely easy.

We tried the burn Sul strat on the 2nd night after the first night having trouble doing the fight "correctly" (always died on Sandstorm). We had a slight dps problem burning Sul before he empowered or we didn't put enough dmg on the other empowered bosses so we had to drop a healer and just 2heal it with 2 tanks.
    That's an option as well if you are struggling with the burn Sul strat.

Deleted
    Our 10 man casual group with 14/16 hc progress on last tier did this last night "correctly", ie. dpsing mostly just the empowered boss. Our comp is:
    Tanks:
    DK, Guardian
    Healers:
    Hpal, disc priest and resto shammy
    Dps:
    Fire mage, enh. shammy, spriest, boomkin and fury warrior

OPs picture (and tactic) seems pretty solid, but as we tried a lot of different things I figured I could share some of the main points of progress:
    Tank Sul, we tried to keep him just standing where he starts with our enhancement shammy interrupting and dpsing him, but ended up having him tanked with the frosty dude because his melee hits a tank like a wet noodle but does some unnecessary spiky damage on a dps that has aggro.
    Tank healer separate from the other 2 tankables. We had our DK tanking her whole fight, because guardian druid can dodge-cd the stacking debuff from the frosty, and basically doesn't really get stunned (much) at all.
    Handle the frost debuff correctly: During possession (empowerment), stack 2 peeps with the one with the debuff. Outside possession stay away from others when you have the debuff. Paladins and mages can bubble/block out of it.
    We struggled breaking the possession in time, but we also had 2 melees, so it may or may not be possible for your raid to dps something else than Loa Spirits and the possessed boss. As mentioned earlier in the thread: the bosses can spend some time with full power np.
    We tried using hero at the start, and during first Sul phase, but ended up using it as a catchup mechanic and used it with which ever boss we got a bad start at dpsing them out of the possession (for example due to sand adds chasing the dps, and us taking long time to mopping them up, etc).
    During Sandstorm we stack at the 2 boss group (Sul and frosty), tank grabs most of the small adds, and we aoe the hell out of them while using some raid cds. Melee aoes at the start, but then runs to kill the blessed Loa Spirit that always spawns during the Sandstorm, since they just take unnecessary damage from the sand traps that spawn from the dying adds. Tank moves the aoe pack slowly so that he doesn't end up standing in the sand traps. Also note that the Sandstorm itself doesn't do really that much damage: its the small adds that destroy the raid, so as soon as the tank has a hold from most of them, ranged and healers can run away from the pile so that you can be sure that you don't take the damage from the traps - at the very least move out before the adds start dying.

As you can propably guess from the post, the Sandstorm was the biggest mechanic standing in our way of killing the boss.

Deleted
    Your DPS goal is to kill Sul before he is empowered. Since he is the last one to be empowered in the first round, you have 3 empowers to do this. For the adds, not all your DPS have to switch. 3 of our DoT DPS (aff lock/fire mage/moonkin) mostly ignored the adds and just double DoTTed Sul and the empowered boss as much as possible.
    For my raid, Sul was always the 2nd Boss to be empowered?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    For my raid, Sul was always the 2nd Boss to be empowered?!
    You don't really have to kill him before hes empowered. While I was multidotting everything, the whole raid was focusing Sul as starters, then going on Malakk just in time not to allow him to reach 100 Dark Energy. After that we kept multidotting him, cleaving (When of the melees is empowered, stack all 3, when caster girl is, stack all 4) - and as soon as you manage to kill Sul, it becomes alot more manageable.

Bear in mind we only had 4 attempts before getting it, so my knowledge is somewhat limited.
    Last edited by mmoc909dfd26c8; 2013-03-11 at 08:03 AM.

We downed yesterday in 10 man.

Our raid consisted of warrior - monk tank
    Melee: Ret - Rogue
    Ranged: Hunter - Lock - Spriest
    Heals: Holadin - Shamy - Priest

At the beginning we were trying to burn the sand dude down asap. That strategy didn't work very well for us. What we end up doing was:
    1 tank gets Sul (sand dude) only and the other gets the priestess and the frost dude. We poped hero and burned sul to around 60%. At that time a tank
    swap needed to happen so we brought the ice dude next to him. The warrior tank - ret - rogue were interrupting when possible the sand guy (tank was full time on it).

After we switched to every empowered add and nuked 25% of it. We did not wait for its energy to go to full to start nuking. Rather we switched at it as soon as it became empowered.

We killed it in a bit over 8 minutes this way. Pretty sure we could have had a much better time than that, but we instructed the multidotters to switch to single target when boss energy was about to hit 100% and it was still lucking some dps on it.

Hunter kept a trap between the two tanks for the add that priestess summons and monk tank would stun it as soon as it appeared. Ranged took care most of them.

Ohh and one last thing. The sand storm from Sul's empowerment is not as bad as people tent to believe. Its much less damage than ticks from the empowered bosses - very very easy to heal so dont worry about insta - nuking sul.

-Pop hero, burn sand, then have everyone nuke frost boss asap and then just continue with the rotation: you see a mob going dark you nuke. It is really as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanor View Post
    Ohh and one last thing. The sand storm from Sul's empowerment is not as bad as people tent to believe. Its much less damage than ticks from the empowered bosses - very very easy to heal so dont worry about insta - nuking sul.
    its not so much about the sandstorm - a significant portion of our attempts ended abruptly due to people getting raped by adds. If you kill sul first, you can get one (or zero) add phases, as opposed to 4-5 which increase in difficulty each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Xingua View Post
    Anyone tried burning Sul in 25-man? It seems pretty dificult to do that and still finish the Empowered trolls in time.
    We got him to about 65% or so with our initial BL+CDs, then we had 2 melee on him all the time until Kazra'jin got empowered, at which point they switched to KJ to help break that Empower. Sul ended up dying just after his first Empowerment ended, at which point the fight became a joke.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    The only thing we weren't doing, of those, was killing the sand guy first. I put some thought into it this morning and made a little graphic for it I'm not sure WHY we were doing it so hectically last night, but I'm pretty confident we'll sort it out when we go back in

Fuck this whole picture. Let me make this fight easy for everyone.

The goal of the fight (in normal mode) is to kill Sul first. All you need to do is balance the damage between the other three bosses with Sul. Tank Frost on top of Sul, have second tank get agro on marli. Marli will be 2nd transform, so move her ontop of Sul. We killed him before the third transform was broken. Lust at start.

We didn't have any sand phase. Sul -> Frost -> Marli/Kaz whatever. Once sul is dead the fight is easy.

Hey,

dont overcomplicate the fight imo...

We sat our 2 melees on Sul the whole time until he is dead to interrupt as much as possible together with range interrupts to fill in (they also "tanked" him). This is because recount showed that Sul does 50% of the complete raid-wide damage with his bolts. This also enables you to two-heal the fight without many problems.

The rest just plays the fight out normally, focuses the overpowered guy and tanks taunt at 12 or so. Here are our logs for yesterday:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pqgnoxcdtvny4aec/

Good luck everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    10 man guild - 15/16 T14 Heroic - Approx Itemlevel of 501 as average

--

We downed Council on our 7th attempt last night. We didn't really look at any tactics and stuff and just pulled it, looked at the dungeon journal and figured it out f
    from there.
    I still don't really know how that frost stun debuff shit works - we just healed through the stun.

We started with 2 Tanks (506 iLevel Blood DK an 500 iLevel Prot Warri). Warri would tank the Frost Guy and we would open on him first (seems to always choose him first?). I tanked the Priestess, trying to interrupt her Cast as much as I could (or wanted, mostly I just let her spam on me for building vengeance, was healing my self anyways). We would then switch at around 10 stacks of the frost stun debuff. But most of the time the frost guy would just start again on me with his frost debuff like 10 seconds after taunting him and I would end up stunned anyway. So no real clue on what the logic behind that stuff is.

We left the Sand Guy untanked since somebody said "hes not tankable anyway". About the 3rd or 4th try we started tanking him together with the frost guy and interrupting him as best as we could. Went much smoother after that.

We still had problems with putting up enough damage on the focus target before energizing to 100. We then moved the frost guy + sand guy always to the focus target. We tried to always tank 2-3 mobs together and basicaly just cleave them down and the tank would just tunnel the focus target aswell as cleaving the rest. Ended up just fine DPS wise.

We had the most trouble with the Sand guy and decided to use bloodlust on the first and pots on the 2nd time he became empowered.

--

Funny fact - on our kill I basically ended up solo tanking the encounter for about the half of the fight since our 2nd tank got gibbed half way through. It actually ended up being much easier to handle than two tanking it. I just tanked all 4 together most of the time, allowing for ultra vengeance to kick in and I ended up with 190k DPS at the end of the fight. We just healed through the stun from the frost guy and I popped cooldowns at 12 stacks. The only thing you need to watch out for is the priestess add spawn during all of that. But since theres a timer for it, you can basically just have a dps taunt+interrupt her and pull her away from the group. Or, thats what we did, you can just have the tank kite the frost guy (he will always be the lowest, since we opened on him and kept cleaving on him) away from the priestess a few yard and then chainstun/burn the add.

Overall solo tanking with 506 Itemlevel Blood DK and 3 Healing it is no Problem. It's actually quite simple and you can do a shitloat of damage. Solotanking it with another class, like Warrior would actually be much much simplier I guess since he will take a lot less damage.

Heres a log of our kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7432&e=8036

It ended up being quite long because we lost half of our raid 2-3 mins before the end but managed to finish it just fine.

Deleted
    Using lust at start doesnt seem to help you if u have troubles with sand guy. We tried 3 healing it at start but there wasnt much point in it. 2 heal it and have the additional dps sit on sand guy from the start(a melee) so he can interupt which will result in a lot less raid dmg. Ppl targeted by the frost debuff can stack on tank and the melee on sand guy, so they dont take so much dmg. By the time sand guy got empowered he was on 45-50%, then we lusted and had only 1 add spawn. If no1 attacks randomly the adds, and healers stay on tanks there is nobody that will die from the adds. You kill him on next empowerment and u have ur kill.
    Best way to handle problems in a fight is to analyze where do they come from. We had issues with dps on sand, due to dps switching to adds ->dropped a healer, got 1 extra dps + lust -> problem solved.

We killed this last night on 10 man so I thought i'd share a few things.

We used the burn Sul strat. We tried it with both 2 and 3 healers and eventually settled on 2 since any other way we weren't getting him down before his empower. Once everyone seemed more comfortable with the mechanics of the fight we swapped back to 2 heal and had healers dps'n at the start while we lusted/potions/storm lash etc.

One thing to keep in mind here is that it is very easy with cd's up at the start to cleave Frostking to 75% very fast. For that reason we didn't have any direct dps on him until he was at about 80 energy. This allowed us to burn Sul to around 30-40% I can't remember off top. Once Frostking reached 80, we burned him and got him to 75% right as he reached 100. Technically you could go a few seconds after since the dmg is healable but we opted against it.

Once priestess was empowered, we moved Frostking/Sul over to here for more cleaves since they were originally tanked away of course for the add, which we dps'd as they spawned.

We burned her to around 10% of breaking her empower then we put more dps on Sul and ended up with him about 20% or so and then pushed her out of her empower.

Once she was broke the tanks, moved Frostking/Sul away from her for add spawns while the raid got on Kaz'rajin. We opted at this point to have melee go back to Sul and let range start breaking Kaz. We managed to have Sul pretty much dead at this point and all dps once again focused on Kaz to break him asap before reaching 100 energy.

Sul is now dead and we deal with the next targets to get empowered. At this point the fight is much more manageable. Kill adds, dps empowered target and avoid ground shit. We ended up killing Frostking next, just based on the random order of the second round of empowered. Once he was dead a kill was pretty much guaranteed as there was nothing left of consequence in the fight.

Just a note on my guild, we had a late start last tier and were only 10/16h and with quite a few new people that weren't even 500 ilvl. 2 healing was still very viable as long as you can kill Sul before you have adds. If you can accomplish this then you will feel a tremendous about of pressure off you for the remainder of the fight. I hope this helps any guilds struggling with it.

Comp-
    Prot War/Prot Pally
    Resto Shaman/Holy Pally
    Frost DK, Rogue
    Mage, Warlock, Spriest, Hunter
    <Uchirosan> Day 1 Prot Warrior
    Obsidium of Thrall 7/7M Highmaul 9/10M Blackrock Foundry

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rosan/advanced

(25-man) One-shot it last night after following some of the strats suggested here. We didn't tunnel Sul, but did have 2 dedicated melee on it full time, and had all our DOT classes focus on dotting him and the empowered target. Probably the biggest difference was making sure we clumped Sul and Malakk on top of each other, with Marli on the opposite side of the circle. This cleave allowed us to kill Sul pretty easily, and we made sure not to let any of the Blessed Loas get to him.

When Marli empowered, we would interrupt her and bring her over to the stack as well, and continue to get good cleave on Sul and Malakk. Then when empowered ended, moved her back across the circle.

Heroism during Sul's empower, which we got 4th luckily.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    its not so much about the sandstorm - a significant portion of our attempts ended abruptly due to people getting raped by adds. If you kill sul first, you can get one (or zero) add phases, as opposed to 4-5 which increase in difficulty each time.
    Again this is what worked best for us. Adds where not an issue at all. I think we had 1 tank death due to adds and thats because our healers got caught out of guard. Rotate cds on tank if needed but personally i think this tactic works the best. Besides you will have to deal with 1 add phase.

Deleted
    This boss also seems to be tuned for Heroic gear looking at HC mode raiders stuggling on it. I wonder how our guild with 490-495ilvl manages this..

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    we downed it tonight. average ilvl probably about 495 so it is doable. took us 11 pulls

Deleted
    Just downed this tonight using the burn sul before he empowers with 2 healers tactic. Kept our one melee on Sul all the time and ranged burned sul for around 20 seconds after we broke each empowerement, popped BL at pull and burned sul to like 50% and once the first spirit came out we switched to frost king. Average ilvl is around 498. Just needed to learn how to avoid damage easily and once Sul was down it became so much easier and far less hectic. For reference our guild got 7/16hc last tier.

Our comp
    Tanks: Pala (500) Pala (498)
    Healers: Disc Priest (499) Mistweaver (504)
    DPS: Hunter (500) Aff lock(503) Unholy dk (497) Ele shaman (491) Desto lock (499) Fire mage (497)
    Last edited by mmoc67aa38d5d6; 2013-03-07 at 10:42 PM.

Deleted
    what the hell... we were getting constant random empowers...

Deleted
    You don't get random empowers in this fight.
    The boss with thhe most health gets empowered next, so you can plan which one you wanne get next from the get go.