Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiskaron View Post
    You don't get random empowers in this fight.
    The boss with thhe most health gets empowered next, so you can plan which one you wanne get next from the get go.
    You've forgotten something, and that is the fact that Garajal always has to empower the trolls that weren't empowered in the current "round". Only within a round, the boss with the most HP gets empowered.

I always use http://pardeuxraids.com/council-of-elders.html for raid strats, lots of good information.

Deleted
    We took about 2 hours to kill this fight. We started with BL and got Sul down to 50%, whereafter we would get the frost one to 75%. From then on it depended on wich one got empowered next. Was it the priest, we had the ranged kill it, while melee stay on Sul. Was it the rolling guy we would all go at him, and frequently switch to Sul to give the healers time to heal us up. In the end Sul would die before his first empowerment, making the fight alot easier. After Sul died, we burned frost king to 0% whenever he was empowered next. The last 2 is /sleep till they die.

We 2 healed the fight, with good smooth interrupting this was not to hard. Our 2 healers were 492/495 itemlvl. Once a try went bad on interrupts we dropped quick, so that might be a good tip! Also we never bothered tank swapping. Whenever the tank that tanks the ice boss is frozen, just cd it through.
    Last edited by mmoc94b3cd45b5; 2013-03-08 at 01:18 AM.

Got this boss down tonight on 10-man after about 3 hours of attempts.

We tried three different configurations until we got a kill. First we tried 3 healers, with everyone switching to the possessed target and keeping our two melee on Sul. The rest of the raid had trouble with the 25% during possessions though, so we had both melee join them and so everyone was always on possessed targets, but that left Sul at 40% when we got to his phase which was far too much health. We tried 2 healing, but the damage taken just seemed like a bit too much, and led to more frustration than success. Lastly, we went back to 3 healers, leaving one of the two melee DPS on Sul the entire fight, and utilizing cleaves a bit more at the start.

We started with Heroism and burned Sul. I tanked Sul and Malakk while the other tank was on Mar'li. When Malakk was possessed, the other tank would taunt at ~10 stacks, and I would actually taunt it back after the Frigid Assault portion ended so that more cleave damage on Malakk for the remainder of the possession would hit Sul, bringing him even lower as the fight went on than usual. By the time we got to Sul's phase, he was at 15% and just melted.

Obviously don't stand in bad stuff like Quicksand and Reckless Charge, make sure people are stacking correctly for Frostbite and not stacking for Biting Cold. Kill the Loa spirits, interrupt Mar'li and Sul as much as possible. Tanks use a cooldown for Frigid Assaults.

Not quite sure why, but when the adds spawned during the sandstorm, they always went to the other tank. Because of the timing of Frigid Assault, Malakk always seemed to do it exactly when the adds appeared, so I had to taunt him to keep the damage even. If you have a paladin tank, using Glyph of Holy Wrath to stun all the adds for 3 seconds (and the tank we had had enough haste to reduce the cooldown to ~7 seconds) is very helpful.

Once Sul was dead, the rest of the fight was almost a joke. At one point the health of Malakk and Kaz were close enough that we weren't sure which one the heal add would go to, and one actually did hit Kaz. But that just bumped him up above Malakk, and since Malakk is actually moveable, we just burned him down and didn't have to worry again. Then we killed Mar'li, and finallly Kaz.

Sadly, we got the terrible mastery/health proc trinket to drop that neither tank wanted, everyone who used a coin got gold for it - but the Conqueror tier token dropped at least. Hopefully we'll get some weapons next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    Strat on 10m that worked for us: BURN SUL BEFORE HE EMPOWERS
    Avg ilvl: 502 (guild progression 14/16H T14)
    Comp: Blood DK/Prot Warr
    H Pal/Disc Priest
    Lock/Mage/Moonkin/Hunter/Rogue/WW Monk

At first we tried to do the fight "normally" and mostly DPS down whatever boss was Empowered. That worked decently, but problems arose during Sul's (sand guy) empowerment and Malakk's (frost guy). The hard parts of the fight seem to be dealing with Malakk's and Sul's Empowerments. We revised our strat to kill Sul before he can be empowered and killed the fight within 5 pulls. This is an easier strat imo, but you need decent DPS and probably have to 2 heal. I'd post logs but they bugged out on us.

My guild is forever in your debt.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ ______
    You want to start on Sul with hero and burn him down as much as possible. Malakk will become empowered but we did not switch to him until after we killed the first add. Depending on your DPS you'll get Sul to about 50-66% HP. At this point swap to Malakk, but keep Sul double dotted and cleave when possible. You can let the bosses empower for about 10-15 seconds before the Dark Power AoE pulse gets overwhelming, so just keep that in mind that letting the boss reach 100 energy isn't the end of the world, just be quick to break them out after.

Your DPS goal is to kill Sul before he is empowered. Since he is the last one to be empowered in the first round, you have 3 empowers to do this. For the adds, not all your DPS have to switch. 3 of our DoT DPS (aff lock/fire mage/moonkin) mostly ignored the adds and just double DoTTed Sul and the empowered boss as much as possible.

When Sul dies the fight becomes a lot easier since there's no more random damage from Sand Bolts and the quicksand stops spawning. From there we put our cleave damage onto Malakk to try and kill him next. The only thing that's of a danger here is Malakk's Frostbite empowerment and the tank stun (we taunted, but you can also just CD it). After Frost King dies the fight is essentially over, as the other two bosses don't do anything threatening.
    My guild is forever in your debt.

Deleted
    I can contribute a bit on this by telling/confirming that Glyphed Grounding Totem DOES work on the steamroller when he reflects damage. The only thing is that it nullifies the damage for people in your PARTY, not the whole raid.

Deleted
    What we did:
    DK tank stayed on Malakk the whole time, monk on marli / sul interrupting.
    Killed the bosses as they empowered, raid CDs on sandstorm and ranged on the living sands, tank CDs on the DK if needed during malakk's stun. Personal CDs for empowered Kazra'Jin.

10+ Year Old Account
    We tried a normal strategy with 3 healers for 2 hours last night. We always wiped at the 5-minute-mark when Sul's adds/sandstorm came. We were stacking up so they could be AoEd and moved out of the quicksands. Still, we wiped. I had Ascendance and Healing Tide running back to back. It wasn't enough.

Then we tried to 2 heal it with pala/shamy and burn down Sul. It was awfully mana-intense and all the moving away from quicksand and charges and moving into frostbite was horrible for my hps. The paladin had an easier time. Maybe I'm just bad. I'm unhappy with what I can do with my resto shamy.

Then we switched it around and the druid went heal instead of me. His mana was better, he had an easier time healing while moving, his HoTs were ticking everywhere. My dps as elemental was nothing to write home about. I had one try where I was top dps during burn phase because Chain Lightning could jump properly between Sul and Malakk (after Ascendance /w Lava Burst spam on Sul ran out), and the roll-charge-guy often sat there as well. Usually, it didn't work so well, and as soon as Spiritwalker's was gone, LBing while constantly on the move wasn't too amazing.

Next raid, I'll be hugging the bench. I'm frustrated. I always believed that I could make it work somehow, that I could overcome all those limitations. But I kinda give up this time.

Deleted
    Hello! - i've been reading, studying, and totally engaged in this new raid, ToT is just awesome! - Last night we finally got Horridon down aften 4 hours wipe-fest! and now i feel another horrible wave of wipes are incoming!

Our Setup:
    Tanks: ProtPala, BloodDK.
    Healers: DiscPriest, RestoShammy, HolyPala
    Dps: Demo Lock (ME), survival hunter, arms warrior, Boomkin, frostmage.

We find Elders of the council insane, we haven't made it further than to 75% on mallak and Kra'zajin! -
    First of all, i wanna say we are all around 495-505 ilvl! we are no hardcore, but still we are all doing whatever we can (or atleast trying!)

We find it that the dmg on the boss is insane! - We have the tanks swaping the frost dude, while they tank their other boss (Sul, and Marli)
    The problem is, i can't figure out, if it really is worth it to burn down Sul.. it seems like our dps is killing themselves when krazajin is empowered with the 50% reflected!

Everybody knows, how to stack on frostbite, how to move from Quicksand, and how to dodge the roll!! but from what i have read, this isn't even the hard part of the fight, we haven't tried to have Sul the Sandcrawler empowered yet, and i am really scared, that people are going to panic..

So if you have any tips, tricks, or any kind of help, i would be pleased to hear it!

Meeze,
    EU-Ravencrest!

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    We tried a normal strategy with 3 healers for 2 hours last night. We always wiped at the 5-minute-mark when Sul's adds/sandstorm came. We were stacking up so they could be AoEd and moved out of the quicksands. Still, we wiped. I had Ascendance and Healing Tide running back to back. It wasn't enough.

Then we tried to 2 heal it with pala/shamy and burn down Sul. It was awfully mana-intense and all the moving away from quicksand and charges and moving into frostbite was horrible for my hps. The paladin had an easier time. Maybe I'm just bad. I'm unhappy with what I can do with my resto shamy.

Then we switched it around and the druid went heal instead of me. His mana was better, he had an easier time healing while moving, his HoTs were ticking everywhere. My dps as elemental was nothing to write home about. I had one try where I was top dps during burn phase because Chain Lightning could jump properly between Sul and Malakk (after Ascendance /w Lava Burst spam on Sul ran out), and the roll-charge-guy often sat there as well. Usually, it didn't work so well, and as soon as Spiritwalker's was gone, LBing while constantly on the move wasn't too amazing.

Next raid, I'll be hugging the bench. I'm frustrated. I always believed that I could make it work somehow, that I could overcome all those limitations. But I kinda give up this time.
    I feel your pain. I am a raid leader resto shaman and playing efficiently while always being on the microphone is hard enough as it is but these spread out fights you have to change the playstyle a bit. You almost have to abandon healing rain completely unless you know 5+ people are going to be in it for its duration which is pretty hard to predict at least until Sand guy is dead.

Our mana gets better as the gear rolls in. On the PTR I was scaling really good with spirit but right now I always run on fumes and again... maybe I am also just bad

Deleted
    Ranged should be near eachother mostly the whole fight, the debuff from the frost king needs to be taken out of the raid, but besides that theres no reason not to be near eachother (Not stacked, but near enough for Healing rain) Maybe you should tell your melee/tanks to interrupt properly, else 2 healing can become overwhelming really easily.

We eventually got this down by burning Sul before he empowered, which seems to be the easiest strategy in 10man. 25man a lot of these bosses are way undertuned and u can faceroll mechanics :s

Deleted
    Could someone clear out how the bosses should be tanked?

I hear some say stack them all up except Marl'li (for add) and cleave, and some say tank on sul and marl'li and just leave the rest.

Any help?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoulsen View Post
    Could someone clear out how the bosses should be tanked?

I hear some say stack them all up except Marl'li (for add) and cleave, and some say tank on sul and marl'li and just leave the rest.

Any help?
    Sul on frost king, Mar'li far away so you have time to kill her healing add when it spawns. The other one just does his own thing and can't be tanked. When Mar'li is empowered you can pull Sul and frost king on top of her, and cleave them all together till her empowered state is over.

Just make sure Mar'li is away from the lowest one when shes not empowered, else the add will heal instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Xingua View Post
    Anyone tried burning Sul in 25-man? It seems pretty dificult to do that and still finish the Empowered trolls in time.
    Yeh. It worked. 2 shot council.

Currently trying to Burn sul before empower, but usually end up having too many problems getting the others empower. Currently two tank, 3 healing.

Current line up is as follows:

Tanks: Brewmaster Monk and Blood DK

Healers: Disc Priest, Mistweaver Monk, Resto Sham.

DPS: Hunter, Mage, Lock, Pally, Rogue. The pally swaps to Holy if the Disc Priest isn't available.

Tips? We've managed to get Sul down during his Empowerment, but wipe shortly thereafter. Best attempt BEFORE his Empowerment was about 15%

Deleted
    @Zariay & Lockinator

If you want to burn sul down before his empower I imagine that you'll have to use two healers (at least I doubt we'd have been able to with 3). If you still can't deal with the other empowerments while getting sul down, just swap off sul earlier (possibly don't even pop bl at the start and save it for suls empowerment instead). You can always swap to sul for a bit during the frost/priestess, but with low dps you'll have to stay on kazra almost constantly (and just swap for a few sec if you drop low during the reflect).

This means that you will have to go through one sul empower which is a bit nasty (but with bl it should be relatively short, and it's really not as bad as you think if you save cds, had to do it this way with my altgrp), however if you don't have the dps to burn sul enough while still dealing with the empowerments that's pretty much what you have to do (you need to have a certain dps to get sul down before the empower, if you don't have it, don't even try). Make sure to tank the frost giant with sul/priestess whenever they are empowered for some additional damage/cleave.

tldr council strats: Solid dps, kill sul before he gets empowered, while dealing with the other empowerments. Poor dps, save bl for it and live through suls empowerment.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-03-09 at 01:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zariay View Post
    Currently trying to Burn sul before empower, but usually end up having too many problems getting the others empower. Currently two tank, 3 healing.

Current line up is as follows:

Tanks: Brewmaster Monk and Blood DK

Healers: Disc Priest, Mistweaver Monk, Resto Sham.

DPS: Hunter, Mage, Lock, Pally, Rogue. The pally swaps to Holy if the Disc Priest isn't available.

Tips? We've managed to get Sul down during his Empowerment, but wipe shortly thereafter. Best attempt BEFORE his Empowerment was about 15%

I think you need to drop a healer, and just go heavy on the interrupts. Unless you got really sick dps.

Deleted
    Can anybody come with some tips?

My raid and I used 3+ hours yesterday banging our heads against these trolls, it felt like people kept dying from sand traps/roll stuff.
    Our comp is:
    Tanks; War/Monk

Healers; Sham/Druid/Priest

DPS; Boomkin/Hunter/Sprist/Retpal/Mage

We usually take marli to one side and tank sul + malakk on the other side cleaving those until marli is empowered, then we took those 2 to marli and cleaved all of them.

We tried different strats with lust in start on Sul busting him until loa spirit spawned, then went on malakk.
    We tried waiting with lust until 4th empowered troll (sul) and lusting there, but we couldn't find the best way.

I really wanted to post logs and look at them, but wol fucked up :/

Quote Originally Posted by Apoulsen View Post
    Can anybody come with some tips?

My raid and I used 3+ hours yesterday banging our heads against these trolls, it felt like people kept dying from sand traps/roll stuff.
    Our comp is:
    Tanks; War/Monk

Healers; Sham/Druid/Priest

DPS; Boomkin/Hunter/Sprist/Retpal/Mage

We usually take marli to one side and tank sul + malakk on the other side cleaving those until marli is empowered, then we took those 2 to marli and cleaved all of them.

We tried different strats with lust in start on Sul busting him until loa spirit spawned, then went on malakk.
    We tried waiting with lust until 4th empowered troll (sul) and lusting there, but we couldn't find the best way.

I really wanted to post logs and look at them, but wol fucked up :/
    If you want to use the burn sul trick, it best works with 2 healers, so you kill him before or just at his first sandstorm.
    Otherwise, make sure you have your dps in the group with the shaman and dropping glyphed grounding totem during kaz'rajin's empower phase.