Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Horridon Assassination

So, even though my DPS isn't that great, tonight my DPS on Horridon was abysmally low. How does everyone go about doing this fight? Worth using AoE or just single targeting?

Multidotting.

10+ Year Old Account
    mut, mut, rupture, tab. Except for priests, focus those assholes down hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Deleted
    I guess the new Blade Flurry shines here, may try combat if you have the weapons.

I just single target unless there's a lot of adds up. Also, take Marked for Death over Anticipation. You'll get a ton of use out of it. I use it on the weaker adds, burst them down, then switch to the big adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtracks View Post
    I guess the new Blade Flurry shines here, may try combat if you have the weapons.
    I tried combat here with the same thought and it was... okay.

The issue with the blade flurry is that your "main" target needs to stay alive for a decent amount of time. In this fight, the adds are generally tanked away from the boss (out of cleave range) so you need to pick the one with the most health and cleave off that one. It was okay but felt a little awkward, since they all still die relatively quickly. I did not try Marked for Death, though, which might have made it a bit cleaner.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was pretty low on our kill due to the large amount of switching. Finding the big adds when they spawn to get a mut->mut->rupture and moving on to multidot some more is probably a significant gain. I personally was assigned to interrupting poison casts so it may not always be viable, but multidotting is probably the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtracks View Post
    I had a really hard time keeping multiple things in my BF range...

i hate the way they changed blade flurry, having to have 2-5 adds all exactly on top of each other is rarely going to happen, plus the 40% going up for each target is just sucky, now pretty much and sort of strong single target dps can out excel us

Deleted
    We just put the 2 rogues on Horridon full time, boss was on 30% when we shut the 4th door and went into p2 and finished the fight off. This was on 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaped View Post
    i hate the way they changed blade flurry, having to have 2-5 adds all exactly on top of each other is rarely going to happen, plus the 40% going up for each target is just sucky, now pretty much and sort of strong single target dps can out excel us
    Yeah, honestly its quite garbage. Its an extremely small gain on 2 targets, way, way behind multi dotters. I thought it might be really good for AE since combat's FoK based AE is rather crap, but the range on the damn thing makes it really hard to constantly hit 4 things with it. I get why it was limited when it was a just an additional target, but if this is intended to be our AE, it needs to have the radius to function as one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotech View Post
    We just put the 2 rogues on Horridon full time, boss was on 30% when we shut the 4th door and went into p2 and finished the fight off. This was on 25 man.
    If only 10 mans could spare the rogue as well... rogue DPS kinda does suck on this fight, multidotting seens like the way to go but dont expect to deal high DPS at all, when there is a big add thats actualy on the priority list that we can focus, liek the pirests its the ebxt part of this fight.

idk i was pulling of 100k+ on some tries without any problems all i did was rupture whoridon and rupture the incoming adds then switch to the priority targets and FoK when there were like 4-5 adds around
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    idk i was pulling of 100k+ on some tries without any problems all i did was rupture whoridon and rupture the incoming adds then switch to the priority targets and FoK when there were like 4-5 adds around
    I was doing a lil over 100k as well but everyone else was doing like 120k over cause everything thats not a rogue has a better way of dealling with this adds tham us lol. This and I had just done 160k on Jin rock when everyone else did like 145 or so, so it felt bad to go all the way to the botton of the metters but what can you do.

I managed about 170k on Jin'Rhok and 135k on Horridon as Assas. Its a pretty unfriendly fight but it makes the new Marked for Death talent really shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanerkin View Post
    I managed about 170k on Jin'Rhok and 135k on Horridon as Assas. Its a pretty unfriendly fight but it makes the new Marked for Death talent really shine.
    Agreed. Marked for Death is pretty disgusting on Horridon as you can pretty much use it back-to-back on the adds.

My damage was still kind of shit compared to the rest of the raid, but it's one of those fights that you have to play with in order to find out what works best.

i dont consider 100k+ shitty dps on my raid that was second best dps everyone else was was doing 90k+ only our hunter was doing 110k+ ^^
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

I dont know it felt pretty ok for me as assass. I ended the fight at 156k only beaten by our SP at 180k. I multidotted with rupture and focus fired where needed. I imagine MfD is really good for this fight, but I didnt use it.

I think it's necessary to clear up what people mean when they say they did 100k+, etc.. I just downed this boss, and throughout the adds phases my dps was maximum around 80k with multi dotting and stuff. Since I read this thread before the fight, I kept wondering why it's not higher. But then, by the end of the fight I was 122k dps because of all the giant damage buffs on Horridon. I think it's important to specify the add dps, as it is much more important for the fight than what you do on the last 2 minutes. (496 ilvl)

Quote Originally Posted by Koca View Post
    I think it's necessary to clear up what people mean when they say they did 100k+, etc.. I just downed this boss, and throughout the adds phases my dps was maximum around 80k with multi dotting and stuff. Since I read this thread before the fight, I kept wondering why it's not higher. But then, by the end of the fight I was 122k dps because of all the giant damage buffs on Horridon. I think it's important to specify the add dps, as it is much more important for the fight than what you do on the last 2 minutes. (496 ilvl)
    I meant 100k on the add phase, on the end of the fight is much higher cause horridon is taking 200% extra damage