[PvP] Returning to Rogue? This will help.

Hey guys. If you're rerolling your rogue this season. Be sure to give this video a once over. It will help you get in the loop for all you returning to the art of stealth.

Want Rogue Gameplay? Subtlety/Assassination Guides? 2v2 3v3 and 1v1 strategies?

http://www.youtube.com/user/SusejFTW

Also SCP Containment Breach, Guild Wars 2, and Diablo 3!

Very helpful, thanks!
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

any time friend. Feel free to post, or PM me any questions you're having. I'm always willing to help.

I respond faster via youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    Nice video, think you've covered all the important stuff. Are you sure it's still worth gemming full resil with the changes to resil scaling (http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...rmula-in-52/)?

BTW, that 'LORD OF BGS' video on your YT freaked me out a bit.
    The LORDS OF BGS/TWOS Are a lot of fun.

I think that change to resil isn't going to effect how resil is at our gear levels. But stop it from getting out of control at higher levels of resil.

Resilience would indeed get out of control, but the blue in that post was wrong in stating that resilience scaling is exponential--it's actually steeper than exponential. Exponential scaling would mean that no amount of resilience would ever make you unkillable. The fact is that at 100% resilience (not obtainable in gear, but doesn't change the scaling of the stat) you are unkillable--not just in practice, but in fact too.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2013-03-06 at 01:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed that in your video you said to reforge out of Haste for Sub Rogues. Ask Mr. Robot tells me I should reforge towards Haste. What is the reasoning here? I understand Mastery and Crit give bigger burst, and as we all know, burst is king right now.

Also, considering burst is king, why don't we gem for PvP Power rather than Resil? I guess we would be rather glass cannon status then and just get smashed??

The reasoning is that haste needs uptime to give damage, and the autoattacks & energy regeneration from haste only matter if you're using that energy and actually hitting with autoattacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, that makes plenty of sense.

Now, as to the topic of PvP Power vs. Resil. The simple reasoning is stacking PvP Power would make us way too vulnerable, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vyreks View Post
    I noticed that in your video you said to reforge out of Haste for Sub Rogues. Ask Mr. Robot tells me I should reforge towards Haste. What is the reasoning here? I understand Mastery and Crit give bigger burst, and as we all know, burst is king right now.

Also, considering burst is king, why don't we gem for PvP Power rather than Resil? I guess we would be rather glass cannon status then and just get smashed??
    Haste is good... for PvE. Since most of your damage comes from big, big eviscerates, mastery and crit is better, mastery flat buffs your finishers like SnD and Evisc.

The PvP Resil is hard to show in maths but easy to explain.

Lets say you have a high resil and you're fighting against someone with high power. Because Resil scales higher and faster than power, percentage wise your attacks will do more damage to the person going for full power than he will do to you with full resil. Like 10k resil gives more protection than 10k power will give you damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Like 10k resil gives more protection than 10k power will give you damage.
    That clears up my confusion for sure.

So I suppose in a perfect world, PvP Power and Resil. should scale equally and then either stat would allow for play style/gearing freedom.

Sorry i take so long to reply guys.

But you all seem to be on the right track, Couldn't have put it better myself man

People of MMO are always so helpful with one another. I really respect this community. Keep it up guys!

Really nice vids. I especially like the macro guide, and plan to start using the stance parts in particular for backstab/ambush and cheapshot/kidneyshot.