Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

PvP Happened on a PvP Server Against the ToS?

http://i.imgur.com/Ynb5FNY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ztwiTrJ.jpg

So, with the release of the recent patch, most people can probably imagine that lots of new opportunities for spontaneous WPvP were created. The GM of the guild of Ruinous, shown in the screenshot, was ordered by a GM to have his guild evacuate the Isle of Thunder since they were essentially WPvPing heavily there and slaughtering any members of the opposing faction that appeared.

This happened on Kil'jaeden-US, which is a PvP server.

Does this reflect Blizzard's new policy on WPvP on PvP servers, ganking, etc? If so, how does this make sense lol? Blizzard, at least in the form of this GM for the moment, is actively telling players that they'll be temporarily suspended from the game if they PvP in a contested zone. That's beyond idiotic.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8155915525
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-03-06 at 03:23 PM.

Lol thats funny. Blizzard needs to rethink how they want world pvp on pvp servers to work if GM's are doing this. Obviously when new content comes out and your forced into confined areas that mix factions your going to get ppl that want to control an area, and good for them, they find it fun. Even if the other players cant do their dailies and what not its a pvp server for a reason. L2 join a big guild and fight for that area.

10+ Year Old Account
    did they ask them to leave, or did they actually threaten with suspensions

because i knew a guy once

he was killing lowbies in sunstrider isle with his doomguard, and a gm asked him to stop slaughtering lowbies with his doomguard. so he started killing them with his infernal. he was never actioned.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's awful. The game needs more organized wpvp. Where was the resistance? No one on the other faction bothered to form a group to fight back?

I would have taken the 3 day ban and appealed it, I probably would have called Blizz and spoken to someone directly because that's BS.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post

he was killing lowbies in sunstrider isle with his doomguard, and a gm asked him to stop slaughtering lowbies with his doomguard. so he started killing them with his infernal. he was never actioned.
    See the SS

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Killing lowbies is one thing but this is a level 90 zone so there are no excuses. You want to do your dailies? Grab a group and defend yourself or transfer to a PvE server, its that simple.

The way I see it, they established control of the zone. Sucks to be the other faction but this is world of WARcraft and it looks like they lost that battle. Oh well, shit happens. Crying to a GM is pathetic.
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2013-03-06 at 03:27 PM.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Wow never thought I'd see the day when blizzard said no to Wpvp on a pvp server.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Killing lowbies is one thing but this is a level 90 zone so there are no excuses. You want to do your dailies? Grab a group and defend yourself or transfer to a PvE server, its that simple.

The way I see it, they established control of the zone. Sucks to be the other faction but this is world of WARcraft and it looks like they lost that battle. Oh well, shit happens. Crying to a GM is pathetic.
    It's a joke that this GM made them leave, if the boat is such a problem for them to camp add more gaurds but don't threaten bans. (Didn't they have to kill jaina and deal with her respawning?) Sounds like a decent group but the alliance should have attacked while they were dealing with jaina.

Oh okay i thought the guild in trouble was a Horde guild and the gankees were Alliance i now see it was backwards. Makes alot more sense now ok.
    Last edited by kingriku; 2013-03-06 at 03:50 PM.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

From what I saw on the official thread it looks like they were actually on the horde boat killing people as soon as they landed from flying into the zone. I can see that as being seen as greifing but I would assume the would just make them move off the boat to another part of the island. Does the boat not have high lvl/elite guards like BH did?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, it was zone disruption: your guild was preventing anyone from accessing the island. On the other hand, it was world PvP, and the complete spirit of it. The other faction should have banded together to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply put, no.

There's PvP, and then there's Zone Disruption. Remember Swifty's ban for having millions of people join him on his server, crashing the server under the stress? Same thing. If you disrupt an area so much that you're denying players content then the banhammer comes out.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Simply put, no.

There's PvP, and then there's Zone Disruption. Remember Swifty's ban for having millions of people join him on his server, crashing the server under the stress? Same thing. If you disrupt an area so much that you're denying players content then the banhammer comes out.
    Remember how quicky they removed Swifty's ban ?

i hate the gankers in this game - and their belief ganking is "pvp".
    That being said this should totally be allowed - same level fight on a pvp server is what pvp is about...
    Oh well, guess some people got seriously butt hurt they couldn't see the new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    apparently they were being asshats and farming the area everyone flies into or is teleported to or whatever

i'm on the fence with this one

i don't really condone the action blizzard has taken here, but i'm not going to be critical of it either, assuming that what i've read is true. but blizzard has been at this for what, 8 years? Sanctuaries and overpowered guards, the staples of cataclysm world pvp. make them hit for a million with cleaves on a 0.5s swing timer and deathgrips, give them 50 trillion health.

then we could all bitch about how that guard isn't saving azeroth or conquering it

Remember how quicky they removed Swifty's ban
    swifty is sponsored

even if he was banned, he would just make a new account

you don't live off of a game and just quit playing it because you got banned

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Simply put, no.

I can see that. Also, they griefed the ship, which, now that I think about it, means it was impossible for the other side to form up and fight back. They'd all be dead before the loading screen finished. That's not honorable. That's just being dicks.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, tempbanning people for PvPing on a PvP realm

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously....

This is so awesome and i wish i was a part of the gank fest! hahah

10+ Year Old Account

swifty is sponsored

even if he was banned, he would just make a new account

you don't live off of a game and just quit playing it because you got banned
    Right someone pointed out the swifty as a example. I was pointing out its a bad example since he got unbaned so quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I can see that. Also, they griefed the ship, which, now that I think about it, means it was impossible for the other side to form up and fight back. They'd all be dead before the loading screen finished. That's not honorable. That's just being dicks.
    Well yes but the GM could have told them to leave the ship in the beginning not the entire Island zone, i mean im sure there were plenty of guild members who weren't a part of that gankfest there and missed out on the content on the island.

(I don't play Alliance side so why do Alliance members land on a horde ship? )
    Last edited by kingriku; 2013-03-06 at 03:48 PM.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!