Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems a lot of people need to do some reading of this thread before jumping onto the OP's side, because he has made his story extremely biased, not caring to explain the methods of which he tried to "WPvP" (If you can even call that kind of server stress WPvP'ing lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheule View Post
    Fantastically chuckleworthy... that Blizzard underestimates how douchebaggery the general wow populace has become. Also a telling sign to see all those "wut blizzard doesnt allow pvp" when in this case you cannot call camping a spawnpoint pvp in any way or form. If you think that is pvp, grats, your a total douchebag.
    QFT especially the last bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheule View Post
    Fantastically chuckleworthy... that Blizzard underestimates how douchebaggery the general wow populace has become. Also a telling sign to see all those "wut blizzard doesnt allow pvp" when in this case you cannot call camping a spawnpoint pvp in any way or form. If you think that is pvp, grats, your a total douchebag.
    97% of the games playerbase falls into this category.

Nothing really to do but close down all the servers, and start with Titan.

it sad

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Then where's the WPvP when there's nothing but lag because one side has to stress the World Server? Why do they need to spam AoE's and stress the server? It no longer becomes fair play because it then moves into Zone Disruption and the GameMasters get involved which is acceptable and justifiable.
    they spam aoes because targeting would take too long and would only hit one at a time, Aoes hit everyone and kill ppl faster specially with that much aoe. Common sense. Again i dont get how its stressing the server, it seems more like as your loading in its trying to load all that aoe with it so its lagging you. If you were to be elsewhere on the island would you be lagging? If you were in Stormwind would you be lagging? if not then i dont think they are stressing the server, they are just overloading you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    they spam aoes because targeting would take too long and would only hit one at a time, Aoes hit everyone and kill ppl faster specially with that much aoe. Common sense. Again i dont get how its stressing the server, it seems more like as your loading in its trying to load all that aoe with it so its lagging you. If you were to be elsewhere on the island would you be lagging? If you were in Stormwind would you be lagging? if not then i dont think they are stressing the server, they are just overloading you.
    So 10 second delays on the island itself doesn't count? That's called Zone Disruption and it can be an offense on PvP servers if it's repeatedly committed for a number of hours. Blizzard wants players to experience their new patch, fortunately this zone appears to be apart of this patch, but players like these are making it hard for Blizzard's customers to experience said content because a douchebag guild likes to lag the zone with delayed abilities. Why can't they just leave that boat and PvP on the battlefield/island? Because they know there'd be a retaliation and proper WPvP.

Thats just how it works, a 1000 players casting spells across all of pandaria isnt a problem, 1000 players casting spells in a 4 by 4 square does. It just how the server works and we've seen activities like that crash the server before. These players would have been banned even if they weren't attacking any horde simply because they are intentionally stressing the server. (as opposed to galleon where it is an unintentional side effect of players trying to down him.)

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 01:48 PM ----------

So 10 second delays on the island itself doesn't count? That's called Zone Disruption and it can be an offense on PvP servers if it's repeatedly committed for a number of hours. Blizzard wants players to experience their new patch, fortunately this zone appears to be apart of this patch, but players like these are making it hard for Blizzard's customers to experience said content because a douchebag guild likes to lag the zone with delayed abilities. Why can't they just leave that boat and PvP on the battlefield/island? Because they know there'd be a retaliation and proper WPvP.
    This is really the crux of the issue, for a player group of that size they could easily have taken to the island and slaughtered everyone in sight over a large area. They chose to camp the spawn point because players zoning in would not be able to do anything before they die.

Deleted
    Yeah, it's quite clear from the screenshots that the issue wasn't exactly what the OP advertises. The GM doesn't ask them to stop "PvP happening on a PvP server" but to simply move off the boat. Over 40 Alliance players in the small confines of the Sunreaver boat spamming AoEs is straight up zone disruption. Sure, when talking about world PvP there is a line of thinking that anything goes under it, but when it causes problems beyond simple player griefing and effects the quality of the client/server relationship then Blizzard have to step in. To be honest, the screenshots that the OP provided more showed him up than the GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Simply put, no.

There's PvP, and then there's Zone Disruption. Remember Swifty's ban for having millions of people join him on his server, crashing the server under the stress? Same thing. If you disrupt an area so much that you're denying players content then the banhammer comes out.
    The Swifty ban was even more stupid than this one was. All he did was create a community event. Too bad WoW is MMO that cannot support actual MMO level interaction in same space and it started crashing servers. He even begged people to not log in to the server after it started crashing to not cause further distruption.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Pretty sure killing people at the teleport is Zone disruption. If you had all been on the isle killing everyone I'd imagine that would be fine, but camping the place they port in is kinda weak.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

PVP did not happened.

Zone disruption happened.

Some people fail to see the difference. Others do.

Ruinous need to take some serious readings on the rules of the game they are playing.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2013-03-06 at 07:06 PM.

So if there was no lag in that area then it would be fine right? Sounds like blizzard needs to use that sub money to improve their servers in response to largescale actions. You have one world boss (onadasta) where the spamming of spells and huge numbers of players will occur and if that lags the server will you complain? doubt it cuz your not getting killed by other players.

I don't even know why the discussion has gone on this long. The PVP policy clearly states that those things are allowed, except in extreme circumstances. Obviously, given the amount of reports being sent in, that GM thought that this instance constituted one of those extreme circumstances. Stop, or get banned. Simple as that.

If you are not from Kil'jaeden and are saying "PVP on a PVP Server", then you know nothing of this situation. I have been Horde on Kil'jaeden for over 2 years and this guild Ruinous is notorious for lagging and griefing. I don't mind World PVP at all. What I do mind is taking 5 minutes to mount up in Orgrimmar due to insane lag and having the server crash over 5 times in a night (not what happened yesterday, just one of many other days). They spent hours, with over 200 people online, spamming and lagging the boat. They crashed the zone. They are not that naive, they know EXACTLY what they are doing. I'm surprised Blizzard hasn't acted in the past (like when crashing a big city like Org constantly).

Since I'm very very familiar with this situation, I am happy Blizzard chimed in. I would wish this kind of "world PVP" on no one. It is not fun for anyone except the griefers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    might as well link what it's from

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8155915525
    "This topic has been deleted.
    Click here to return to the forums."
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellumina View Post
    If you are not from Kil'jaeden and are saying "PVP on a PVP Server", then you know nothing of this situation. I have been Horde on Kil'jaeden for over 2 years and this guild Ruinous is notorious for lagging and griefing. I don't mind World PVP at all. What I do mind is taking 5 minutes to mount up in Orgrimmar due to insane lag and having the server crash over 5 times in a night (not what happened yesterday, just one of many other days). They spent hours, with over 200 people online, spamming and lagging the boat. They crashed the zone. They are not that naive, they know EXACTLY what they are doing. I'm surprised Blizzard hasn't acted in the past (like when crashing a big city like Org constantly).

Since I'm very very familiar with this situation, I am happy Blizzard chimed in. I would wish this kind of "world PVP" on no one. It is not fun for anyone except the griefers.
    Ellumina, I'm right here with you. Makes me not want to play the game sometimes. I love PvP and the aspect of the game and I only encourage the WPvP acts of decent guilds and those that don't overload areas. But Ruinous does it to make our lives terrible. It's more about griefing to them than actually accomplishing a WPvP goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellumina View Post
    ...this guild Ruinous is notorious for lagging and griefing.
    This happens in other games as well. WoW is not the first one they ruin.
    I'm still thinking about it...

I love World PvP and I think you deserve to get banned if you do. This is the worst kind of "World PvP", the worst of the worst. Corpse Campers/Spawn Campers whatever. Just like those douches at the Dark Portal.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

not really iy wasn't world pvp at all it was portal ganking,

Someone ports in and they gank them before their screen loads up and they can defend themselves, that's player vs lag not pvp

and they should get 24 hour bands being douchebags,

pvp on the actual island itself where people have a chance to defend themselves not a problem, on the port to boat, big problem all zone disruption 0 wpvp value

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I love World PvP and I think you deserve to get banned if you do. This is the worst kind of "World PvP", the worst of the worst. Corpse Campers/Spawn Campers whatever. Just like those douches at the Dark Portal.
    Then maybe blizzard should think of a new rez system that allows for the moving of corpses so that you cant be camped. Similar to GW2 Waypoints allow players to open the map and select a graveyard to place their body at and get rid of rez sickness ffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    New patch finally brings WPvP back, something that thousands or even millions of players have wanted for long. A guild takes up initiative and creates a massive WPvP happening. Call it ganking, call it server blocking, it was WPvP, that's the goal of it, fall back, organize a big group and tackle the group of meanies. Now Blizzard wants to defuse its own good decision?