Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    The Swifty ban was even more stupid than this one was. All he did was create a community event. Too bad WoW is MMO that cannot support actual MMO level interaction in same space and it started crashing servers. He even begged people to not log in to the server after it started crashing to not cause further distruption.
    ill let you in on a little secret.. they banned swifty so the rest of those people would leave. it was easier to ban one semi-celebrity and apologize later, then to ban 1000 people and have to go thru the headaches of PR for all those people. the community event wasnt wrong, but it did have a side effect of ruining others play time on that server. the people who dont care about swifty or his event.

this example of being a public nuisance is not proper pvp. im so thankful i left my pitiful pvp server in favor of my better pve server. id have no problems if they sat just off the boat, or even roamed in packs on the island, and started fights with people. but im sorry, nobody could fight back in this situation. glad blizzard saw their mistakes and helped those people out. there was no pvp solution when you deny your opponent the opportunity to pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    They PvPd in a zone? What else is there to say.
    Yeah I really hate this so simple black and white answer of its a pvp realm then any type of pvp prevails over ToS. I play on Illidan but was not on yesterday when this happened. The guild that did this, well lets say they do not have a good rep as an alliance guild. That being said from I read what happened that the horde was getting griefed on the zone-in boat and gettin killed before they zoned in is on the guild or griefers. I will admit that blizz messed up in not forseeing this and they should have buffed bosses or guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Then maybe blizzard should think of a new rez system that allows for the moving of corpses so that you cant be camped. Similar to GW2 Waypoints allow players to open the map and select a graveyard to place their body at and get rid of rez sickness ffs.
    Why should blizzard HAVE to do something like that? These people are just douchebags and the gm warning was well deserved.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Rewriting this post completely:

Ruinous is terrible, as the GM said they knew what they were doing.

If you ask me, it's cool to have a Tyrant on the opposing faction to single out and demolish, but my goodness they abuse the hell out of every taken action.

If you ask me, perma ban their guild leader.. he is a crappy lock anyway
    Last edited by Tripz; 2013-03-06 at 08:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    New patch finally brings WPvP back, something that thousands or even millions of players have wanted for long. A guild takes up initiative and creates a massive WPvP happening. Call it ganking, call it server blocking, it was WPvP, that's the goal of it, fall back, organize a big group and tackle the group of meanies. Now Blizzard wants to defuse its own good decision?
    How? When you cant even get your body back.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Basically Horde took control over zone via superior firepower and troops in PvP server of a World of WARcraft and carebears cried out injustice instead of putting up a fight back.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

First off, there is no way this is world pvp, this was exploiting game mechanics (loading screens). What I find most disturbing, are those saying this is Blizzards fault because they didn't catch this detail, and that ruinous has no blame because blizzard could have prevented everything.
    I for one appreciate that Blizzard is creating a massive game and there will be times when bugs/exploits/glitches will happen and that if we wanted a game without it content would either A) be delivered at a much slower rate or B) less content would be delivered because they'd have to spend al that much more time bug checking rather then developing. So instead they put out the PTR so we can help with finding these things and reporting them. Obviously this guild spent some time on the PTR to know this was possible and rather then reporting it though they would use this for their own causes. I hate the fact that more people seem to use the PTR to perfect their exploits then to report them it seems. And then because no one reported them, they don't get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Basically Horde took control over zone via superior firepower and troops in PvP server of a World of WARcraft and carebears cried out injustice instead of putting up a fight back.
    By "zone" you mean the 4x4 boat area that players get ported to, and by "took control" you mean AOE'd the shit out of it in the process lagging everyone up and killing players before they even got out of the loading screen, for hours nonetheless... pvp fuck yeah.

wow... I had no idea - but I have definitley found my new guild.

They pushed to far, pretty much breaking the game if you will. Ofc they will get a reaction, should have move from that boat and away from quest givers. They can't be that bright.

Nothing wrong with pvp or even spawn camping, but like the gm said. They were disrupting game play without any plans to stop anytime soon judging by what was said.

You will get the same reaction if you kill quest givers for hours, different situation same result.

edit: Just incase someone didn't understand, they were making it impossible to pick up a quest, blizzard don't like that. Nothing more to discuss. Next time they will know better. (maybe)
    Last edited by Exeris; 2013-03-06 at 08:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    By "zone" you mean the 4x4 boat area that players get ported to, and by "took control" you mean AOE'd the shit out of it in the process lagging everyone up and killing players before they even got out of the loading screen, for hours nonetheless... pvp fuck yeah.
    Probably same kind of people who'll abuse broken abilities(patch fault) that causes your opponent to DC and think they're awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Probably same kind of people who'll abuse broken abilities(patch fault) that causes your opponent to DC and think they're awesome.
    I wouldnt be surpised tbh.

I play a character named Lavanis on KJ and first off LOVE ruin! Secondly stop crying about the lag it’s just an excuse you all used to get the GM’s to side with you. I managed in a guild group to complete every quest and daily on the island within an hour of patch up time. We were also lagging and saw hundreds of players from both factions.

Many are not mentioning the mutiboxer that resides on KJ that camps quest hubs etc. to a much worse extent and has done so in the past. He was also on the island (I’m sure his 40 account didn’t perpetuate any lag?) Ruin and co. wiped the floor with him to.

PVP is hardcore on this server and everyone that plays here knows it!!!! Hell we have people camping hearth stone port areas and killing people before they can even load, it is what it is and if you don’t like it leave!

I play kj too and yesterday was retarded lol. Im all for world pvp and pvp in general, but horde basically didnt have access to the zone for 5 hours. As soon as you zoned in you were already dead and there was too much lag to rez or move or do anything. I logged onto an alliance char to see how many of them their were and it was fluctuating beetween 190-220 people. There was no way to organize killing them because you were dead before your loading screens ended. Im glad they were warned and told to leave. If they ganked throughout the zone I could careless, but doing it in the way they did so no one could do quests or anything was pretty gay lol. Ruinous has always been known for doing stuff like this. I like wpvping against them but not when its 220 vs 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    This is exactly what happened. I am a Horde player on Kil'jaeden and the second I zoned into Isle of Thunder I was killed by literally hundreds of Ruinous players camping the boat you get dropped into.

OP is lying about what Ruinous was doing. They were not running around killing Horde players trying to do dailies. If they were, I would be totally fine with that. What DID happen was a concerted effort on their part to disrupt player access to 5.2 content on day one. SINCE THE SERVERS WENT UP, Ruinous camped that fucking boat for hours on end. Literally. They killed anyone who tried to zone in. They had well over 40 players crowded around that boat spamming AoE spells. What this did was lag the entire zone up horribly, and the server did crash at least once as a result.

OP is lying IMMENSELY about what happened. To call what Ruinous did "PvP on a PvP server" is a gross understatement AT BEST. They were griefing and abusing server capabilities, to say the least. It was literally impossible for us to retaliate because they had caused unbearable lag in Isle of Thunder as a result of spamming spells on the boat.

Proof: http://i.imgur.com/T1TMrFG.jpg
    I can assure you that had nothing to do with it. My PvE server crashed yesterday too. It's because thousands of people are all trying to log in and play in the same zone at the same time. It's the same thing that happens every patch and expansion.

OP's guild was going a bit far, but I don't blame them. Blizzard shouldn't have made a crappy design that allowed opposing faction to camp the spawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

I'm not huge on the forums, but after the fuss Ruin cause last night I decided I'd share my perspective (I play Kaputo in the guild). Our guild has been waiting for this patch for a long time strictly for the WPvP aspect of it. We like the fact that another none fly zone is being added because it really makes WPvP more active. After the obvious playing around with talents/glyphs and seeing a few new details that 5.2 brought I decided to go to the isle. We had 37 people there when I arrived. We were not on the boat, but running around the isle in groups of 5-10 killing people at quest hubs. Then to our surprise our Guild Leader actually managed to find out he could swim onto the boat with no guards interfering. We all quickly joined in. There was some AOE but not nearly enough to crash a realm (we do 160 FTH runs 1-3 times a week we know about server lag). The real lag started happening when horde rezzed under the ship and started to group up to retaliate. Kil'Jaedan is a 65:35 H:A based server, so if horde decide to group up they have plenty of numbers to wipe us. Aredone the 40 boxer, Requiem, LokTarOgar, and a few other no name guilds mustered up about two and a half raids to actually engage us (which we love because its hard to find a good WPvP challenge these days). We wiped them multiple times and continued with our massive WPvP and then all the forum threads started. One was called "What to do about Ruinous". In the thread the horde priest from Requiem (a former WPvP horde guild) stated that the only thing that could be done was to report our GM and even go as far as to call blizzard. Well sure enough 30 minutes later we were told we would be banned if we didn't leave. We obliged, but we are appealing the GM threats. No one in our guild got banned, no one was suspended, we simply moved back to the isle and sat where the orb on the boat ports you to.
    TLDR: Ruinous WPvPs a lot and this certain instance of mass WPvP actually made people so angry that a GM got involved.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Why should blizzard HAVE to do something like that? These people are just douchebags and the gm warning was well deserved.
    camping a spawn point is not being a douchebag its cleverly using game mechanics. If you dont want to have your spawned point capped, then have more diversity in how you spawn in the zone or how you rez otherwise dont complain you got camped by 200 players who wanted to kill horde.

-edit-
    Judgeing by what kaputo said it seems like horde were rezzing just fine under the ship and could even swim back to land gather a force and retake the boat but they failed multiple times and choose to report the guild instead of fighting back for their territory.
    Last edited by Zeek Daniels; 2013-03-06 at 08:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    nice to see Blizz censorship in action again, their thread already deleted.

i always get a good laugh at how they think it means that the problem dissapears and nobody will ever hear about it when they try to censor their forums. all it does is make their customer support lose credibilty

10+ Year Old Account
    I was disappointed. I was hoping for everyone to /gquit and just keep going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

10+ Year Old Account
    We're seriously walking into Naming & Shaming here with all the discussion of the guild and what people think of them.

Closing.