Grid2 dead in 5.2?

imho grid2 is the best raid frame addon hands-down. Nothing competes in customizability. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that its being updated! No 5.2 raid debuffs update has been put out, and stack text is no longer showing on indicators for me. (not to mention its unwise to use a non-updated addon even if it works now)

Has anyone heard anything about the future of this addon? Are there any new raid frame addons out there that I might not have heard of?

Grid - lacking visual options, needs plugins to function
    Vuhdo - ridiculously convoluted options that somehow manage to give you less customizability than grid2
    Healbot, Elv raid frames, SUF raid frames - not customizable enough.

I need to see - totally customizable buffs and debuffs in distinct locations on the frame (which is why i can't use default ui)

If grid2 is truly dead and there arent any new options, I'll post back in here about which alternative I've gone with.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    imho grid2 is the best raid frame addon hands-down. Nothing competes in customizability. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that its being updated! No 5.2 raid debuffs update has been put out, and stack text is no longer showing on indicators for me. (not to mention its unwise to use a non-updated addon even if it works now)

Has anyone heard anything about the future of this addon? Are there any new raid frame addons out there that I might not have heard of?

Grid - lacking visual options, needs plugins to function
    Vuhdo - ridiculously convoluted options that somehow manage to give you less customizability than grid2
    Healbot, Elv raid frames, SUF raid frames - not customizable enough.

I need to see - totally customizable buffs and debuffs in distinct locations on the frame (which is why i can't use default ui)

If grid2 is truly dead and there arent any new options, I'll post back in here about which alternative I've gone with.
    Updated very recently...

wowace.com/addons/grid/

Quote Originally Posted by IDFC View Post
    Updated very recently...

wowace.com/addons/grid/
    grid2 is not grid

Deleted
    I wonder this aswell, i love it.
    Last edited by mmocf4ab73a1dd; 2013-03-06 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    grid2 is not grid
    Apologies.

Deleted
    I'm also still using it, I just added Throne of Thunder to the Raid Debuff menu manually (if you check the AddOns\Grid2RaidDebuffsOptions\RaidDebuffsMoP.lua file, it's really easy to add that manually), and then just added the debuffs that I want.

However, I couldn't get the AoE-Heal plugin to work, which I find very useful to show me the amount of jumps Chain Heal will make. It works in other places, so I assume it should be something with map coordinates in Throne of Thunder, however after updating libmapdata, and manually adding the map sizes to AoeHealsMapData.lua, it still doesn't seem to work. Does anyone happen to have a fix for that, or an idea on how to fix it?

Edit:
    Correction: It does work! So to fix the AoE-heal thing in Throne of Thunder, add this line:
    Code:
    ['ThunderKingRaid'] = { 1285.0,856.667, 1550.010,1033.340, 1030.0,686.667, 591.280,394.187, 1030.0,686.667, 910.0,606.667, 810.0,540.0, 617.5,411.667, },
    to Grid2AoeHeals\AoeHealsMapData.lua
    Seems to work for me, but no guarantees
    Last edited by mmocb563ef0598; 2013-03-08 at 05:27 PM.

Deleted
    Can you upload your RaidDebuffsMoP.lua file?

Deleted
    Well apparently I'm not allowed to post links here yet because I haven't posted enough. So I made a comment on the Grid2 Site on Curse (my name is alcor231 there) with the files, so just go there to get the link!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeria View Post
    Well apparently I'm not allowed to post links here yet because I haven't posted enough. So I made a comment on the Grid2 Site on Curse (my name is alcor231 there) with the files, so just go there to get the link!
    This is the link he was talking about. Click me!

And this is the post to follow it:

I have updated the AoE-Heals and Raid Debuffs modules for Throne of Thunder. AoE-Heals just required adding the missing map data for the instace, and for the raid debuffs I hopefully added all relevent debuffs, however it is possible that I have missed something or added a spell which is not actually a debuff. I have not done all bosses yet so I can't check myself.

You can get the updated files here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/46042183/Grid2-update.rar

Make sure you backup your old Grid2 files just in case.

Also, all the ToT debuffs are disabled by default for some reason - I didn't really look into that though, since all you have to do is click on 'Enable all' in the Grid2 options menu after copying the new files there. You can also manually add additional debuffs as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeria View Post
    Thanks Yeria, was looking to do it, glad you already did

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegss View Post
    This is the link he was talking about. [...]
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    appears as though there is a new version out
    Seems that all that does is fix the AoE-heals and Raid Debuff things for ToT, and update the game version so it doesn't get flagged as out of date from WoW. Which is fine I guess, as long as everything else is still working. (I haven't seen any other issues at least, but I think someone mentioned stack text not showing up on icons?)

Deleted
    hi is there something similar for 5.4 siege of orgrimmar?

I don't think it's up to the addon authors to add every single buff and debuff you might need to know about. If I remember Grid2 correctly (I'm still using Grid for the time being), you should be able to add whatever you want to be displayed.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Is it possible for someone to add the updates for siege of orgrimmar to the "AoeHealsMapData.lua" file. I have tried adding the debuffs using spellid's and they appear to have been captured, but they dont appear during the fight. Specifically im looking at debuffs like "Bonecraker" on the nazgrim encounter, 3 levels of ancient barrier on the Malkarok fight and the buffs from the Garrosh enounter (Like Faith).

If possible can you tell us how to went about making those changes to the.lua file?

both debuffs are displayed properly for me.

did you enable the siege of orgrimmar raiddebuffs? status-debuffs-raiddebuffs || mists of pandaria - siege of orgrimmar --> enable all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanec View Post
    Is it possible for someone to add the updates for siege of orgrimmar to the "AoeHealsMapData.lua" file. I have tried adding the debuffs using spellid's and they appear to have been captured, but they dont appear during the fight. Specifically im looking at debuffs like "Bonecraker" on the nazgrim encounter, 3 levels of ancient barrier on the Malkarok fight and the buffs from the Garrosh enounter (Like Faith).

If possible can you tell us how to went about making those changes to the.lua file?
    There is no need to change AoeHealsMapData.lua anymore.
    Since r718(09/12/2013) Grid2 uses LibMapData-1.0 for calculating the AoE Heals.