Quote Originally Posted by Zliashadow View Post
    Firstly, I want to thank Brusalk for making this great guide and to everybody contributing to this thread

My guild is currently trying to kill Council of Elders 25hc and was wondering if you guys could give me some pointers as to how to tackle this fight as Destro.

Currently I am using GoSac for it and full mastery reforges and gems (eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Zliashadow/advanced). I am spamming Chaos Bolts and the occasional Shadowburn but I feel my dps is lacking since, at my best atempts, I was pulling around 160k dps by the time Sul is dying (we are going for him first).

I would really appreciate any tips you can give me
    We got our Council kill last night, I was progressing most of the night as affliction but I ended up going destruction in the end, while it was less overall damage, it was more damage on the right mobs when they needed it. Since I only had a few pulls with destro, I definitely have room for improvement, but at least I ended up on rank#14 with 183k dps.

My advice would be to go Mannoroth's Fury to get as many targets in your RoF as possible. Channel as much Chaos Bolts as possible into priority targets, but save an ember so you can Shadowburn adds before they die. When bosses start going below 20% start pooling embers for Havoc and use it on 3x Shadowburns.

Here's our kill from my POV, a bit low quality but you should see what's going on: http://www.twitch.tv/khadjid/c/2175660

Hi guys.

I'm currently an ilvl 518 lock that is Haste=Mastery reforged.

I have 522 Hydra, 522 ShadowPan, 502 Wush, 502 Lei Shen trinkets available

I'm trying to rank on JinRok, Horridin, Council, Magera, and Durmu... I consistently get into the 96-98%tile..

I'm wondering how/when I should use GoSac? It always seems like less damage to me... I've tried using Imp on mobile fights, Observer on Magera/Durmu.

I've simmed myself on single target, and multi target and it seems its Crit=Mastery>Haste, and Mastery>Crit>Haste respectively, but this was without my 522 pants...

Any suggestions? These fights are getting trivial on Normal and my guild Isn't ready for Heroic so I'd like to still improve my play

I was just curious if at my ilvl and my gear what stat priorities would be best. I am ilvl 509 with the wand off Horridon, and LFR Wush/normal Cha-ye and two piece tier 15.

Ghaltur on Kel'Thuzad US for reference. Cant post links.

Thank you very much for your time.

Edit; I think I am going to try Crit>haste>mastery.
    Last edited by Ghaltur; 2013-04-20 at 12:45 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zliashadow View Post
    Firstly, I want to thank Brusalk for making this great guide and to everybody contributing to this thread

My guild is currently trying to kill Council of Elders 25hc and was wondering if you guys could give me some pointers as to how to tackle this fight as Destro.

Currently I am using GoSac for it and full mastery reforges and gems (eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Zliashadow/advanced). I am spamming Chaos Bolts and the occasional Shadowburn but I feel my dps is lacking since, at my best atempts, I was pulling around 160k dps by the time Sul is dying (we are going for him first).

I would really appreciate any tips you can give me
    I gemmed mastery and reforged haste to get CB's out quicker, and that seemed to help a bit. Having MF while spreading immo's seemed to give me about as many embers as I could use. Whenever I started getting low, I'd refresh a couple Immo's then resume CB spamming. I very rarely had time to incin before execute, so backdrafting CB's when adds were up for high ember times worked out great too. One of the very few instances where I actually liked the VP trinket. Something worth trying, not sure if it'll give you better results. It caught me up quite a bit with our aff lock, and I'm sure I can pass him if I had more time to actually play. I'm really sick of school right now. You have no idea.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    having just quit raiding a few weeks ago, im wondering what trinkets i should go for. currently got 522 wuhsoolay and 2/2 relic.

are the LFR trinkets better than 2/2 relic?

Hello everyone. What do you think about my current build for destro? Should I get more haste and dump some mastery? I don't really know how RPPM trinkets work either. Here's my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...athra/advanced

At the moment, I use grimoire of supremacy for single target/cleaving fights and only switch to GoSac for fights where I swim in embers.

EDIT: Here's the WoL from last night's raid: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4856&e=5412

Farm run logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...qlwq/rankinfo/
    Last edited by Sinitar; 2013-04-22 at 02:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinitar View Post
    Hello everyone. What do you think about my current build for destro? Should I get more haste and dump some mastery? I don't really know how RPPM trinkets work either. Here's my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...athra/advanced

At the moment, I use grimoire of supremacy for single target/cleaving fights and only switch to GoSac for fights where I swim in embers.

EDIT: Here's the WoL from last night's raid: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4856&e=5412

Farm run logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...qlwq/rankinfo/
    well that depends are you using the spec for aoe situations or single target? aoe then mastery-haste=crit single target haste=crit-mastery by looking at your armory lil bit more haste wouldnt hurt or just reforge haste or reforge mastery gem haste

sorry this is short im terribly sick

Quote Originally Posted by InsertStrangeNameHere View Post
    well that depends are you using the spec for aoe situations or single target? aoe then mastery-haste=crit single target haste=crit-mastery by looking at your armory lil bit more haste wouldnt hurt or just reforge haste or reforge mastery gem haste

sorry this is short im terribly sick
    There's no point in reforging one way and gemming another. If you're going to pick a strategy, then you should fully commit.

Also, I would like to remind people that there is a Fix my DPS sticky in this very forum for asking for help about your gear/dps. The intent of the guide is for discussion on Destruction. Helping people fix their characters isn't what this guide's discussion area is for.

Mod edit: While I agree on the sentiment, there is no need for the big letters. ~xskarma
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-04-22 at 11:51 PM.

So on my destro lock, I've decided to try the gem straight haste garbage and wow it did wonders on both my ST and AOE dps (517 ilevel /w 2 set 15). My question now is... is the legendary meta worth it for destro in the slightest? Would I see a better (theoretical) DPS as demo with the legendary meta than destro with it? And is it a loss for destro to use it over a burning?

Deleted
    the legendary meta gem should be an upgrade, but a slight one, but it should never give destro the same theoretical dps it does for demo, ive even heard of ppl wanting to bag it and use the burning primal diamond since it is such a minor upgrade for destro compared to afflic and demo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello MMO-C,

I tried backtracking my answer in the 58 pages here, but I’m still not really sure if I got it right.
    My question is regarding stat prio’s on a GrimSupr build using an Observer.

In the leading post (which is awesome by the way, thumbs up!) it states: Grim of Serv/Supr: Haste==Crit > Mastery.
    Now, reading further down I see for both single and aoe fights that when using an Observer it changes to: Mastery == Haste > Crit.

The big question is, what is my stat prio using an Observer build? The above got me kinda confused.

Many thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrot View Post
    Hello MMO-C,

I tried backtracking my answer in the 58 pages here, but I’m still not really sure if I got it right.
    My question is regarding stat prio’s on a GrimSupr build using an Observer.

In the leading post (which is awesome by the way, thumbs up!) it states: Grim of Serv/Supr: Haste==Crit > Mastery.
    Now, reading further down I see for both single and aoe fights that when using an Observer it changes to: Mastery == Haste > Crit.

The big question is, what is my stat prio using an Observer build? The above got me kinda confused.

Many thanks in advance.
    Replied to the same sort of question in a thread called "99% pure mastery gems in sockets?".
    Copy paste:

"Mastery is an interesting stat for Destruction at the moment, because it shifts your damage from ember generating spells (haste/crit build) to your ember consuming spells. I'm pretty sure you are not at the ilvl yet, where double mastery becomes more valuable than single int (320 mastery gem vs 160 int gem) in your simcraft but if you are intelligent in your use of chaos bolts and shadowburns (havoc / during procs etc) mastery will outclass any other stat, modestly in single target and massively in cleave/aoe situations. In order to make a mastery build effective you need to be tracking correctly and using the information you get from tracking in order to exploit an increased effectiveness of the mastery stat."

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the fast reply. That gives me a clearer view on the subject.

Another small question, do I weave in RoF during single target fights for ember generation, or should I avoid it and cast Incin instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Necrot View Post
    Thanks for the fast reply. That gives me a clearer view on the subject.

Another small question, do I weave in RoF during single target fights for ember generation, or should I avoid it and cast Incin instead?
    If you're good with QUICKLY placing ground based aoe, it is a DPS increase if it does not mean wasting embers or backdraft stacks. If you have issues with ground based aoe placing, it's more neutral or even a loss if it takes too much time to place. On anything more than 1 target, it will need to be nearly 100% uptime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheers for the answers!

Deleted
    Any tips relating to H-Iron Qon (10)?

I'm not entirely sure if I'd rather play affliction or destruction for it, but I'm leaning towards destruction, if so - I'm presuming it will be optimal to maintain ROF + immolate on all of the dogs + IQ in P4, but I'm not certain what the optimal way to utilise havoc shadowburns is - would it be ideal to spread them to Qon, or the spare dogs while burning down the shield dog with BL?

Any other general tips about the encounter (or being told to go affliction) would be appreciated, started working on it last night - looks like P4 is going to be the sticking point, any extra dps I can squeeze out will be useful.

Deleted
    For your DPS cleaving the boss would be best since by not cleaving the other adds they will be there longer, but for killing the boss you should kill the adds faster

If you're going all out haste, how much would you consider to be "too much" haste? I'm at 11k unbuffed now... well over 25%

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    If you're going all out haste, how much would you consider to be "too much" haste? I'm at 11k unbuffed now... well over 25%
    That's not something I would do, but keep in mind that whenever your Incinerate cast time is less than 1 sec, you lose out on DPS.
    But I guess too much haste for you would be when you go below GCD without Backdraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    That's not something I would do, but keep in mind that whenever your Incinerate cast time is less than 1 sec, you lose out on DPS.
    But I guess too much haste for you would be when you go below GCD without Backdraft?
    My theorycrafting shows me that haste is as good as crit all the way up to when you have sub-GCD backdrafted incinerates.. After that point crit gets a bit better.

I'd like it if people could be more specific in their answers to these types of questions. If your incinerate cast time is ever less than 1 second, haste has no benefit for your Incinerate DPS. Haste still benefits Immolate, Rain of Fire, Pet DPS, Chaos Bolt cast time.

Temp haste procs like the meta, hero, haste trinkets, isn't significant enough to warrant dropping haste.