I'd like to ask about dealing with spec changes and gear.

I've been playing affliction for a while and I love the playstyle, but the recent nerfs have made me shift to destro at least while my guild is working on throne of thunder.

My gear is fairly decent, 498 ilvl but is based on my affliction spec, so i have abit over the 16.65% haste threshold, 48% mastery, hit capped, but with a rather pathetic crit of 11.34%. (all this is unbuffed)

What I would like to do is be able to switch back and forth without gimping my dps in either spec , and while i know this guide says mastery/haste > crit, I still feel like i should give it more attention then i am for better chaos bolts and more ember generation. Am i worried about nothing? is the crit number going to be made up by the high mastery? Should i consider swapping out gems for each spec, or even investing in different gear? (Which i dont think is going to be an option until i gear myself for the new raid).

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice vids, Brusalk. Good to see a Destro p.o.v. and try and gleen some knowledge from seeing you do it. Definitely getting a mouseover SB macro now

Thank you for this guide! And a huge thank you for the Rain of Fire visual fix!

Deleted
    Today my guild will probably jump on ToT and we probably will kill first boss so I want to check destro for this fight. Should I use observer or fel imp? I'm not sure pets gets buff from pools , if yes wouldnt fel imp be a better choice? Or maybe Sac for this fight because of better CB/CBDots?

Deleted
    Your pet will get the buff when you get it, you don't have to take the Imp.

Deleted
    Oh, then I should use Observer Thanks for the info

10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding SimCraft and stat weights:

With the way SimCraft is configured (I have not changed a thing after downloading), if I import my char and run a simulation can I use the stat weights it gives me to reforge my character for optimal dps or do I need to tailor SimCraft in some way?

Deleted
    In the options menu choose the panel titled reforge plots, then select the two stats you want to compare. Then at the top decide how much of those stats you want it to analyse, and how big each step should be. E.g. set reforge amount to 2000 with steps of 250 and tick the boxes next to haste and crit.

After you sim it will show you a graph of how your dps will change based on how much crit you reforge into haste and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    And less than 1/3rd of the hp on 10man Besides, the more adds the happier the destro :P

How did you manage the knockback in the last phase? I saw that the initial rof tick knockbacks the dino, but he got knockbacked several times without you having him in target. My guess was that you havoc'ed him, but i didnt saw any incinerates. So whats your best strategy there?

I had a big drop in my dps in the last phase with mannoroths fury when we progressed him yesterday because of the stupid pink dino.

Nice Videos!
    It's the second CoE on my bars. It's a macro that lets me knock the dino back without manually targeting him. Also, RoF doesn't knock the add back, just spell hits and AoE from FnB.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cleartarget
    /tar direhorn
    /cast [exists]Curse of the Elements
    /targetlasttarget
    If the dino doesn't exist and you press the macro nothing will happen. (Not that it's a big loss since the gcd on CoE is really short)

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 11:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by heenksa33 View Post
    Alright cheers, so mastery is like out of the question?
    It's not out of the question on fights where you either AoE a lot, or use your embers with sburn/cbolt a LOT. (Like horridon)

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 11:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    There's a pretty good synergy between puddles and dumping embers
    ^

I wasn't the best at it on our kill though. :/

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 11:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    Have we come up with any type of consensus on what the best 2 trinkets are for destro yet? I know sims use the Cha-Ye Essence of Brilliance trinket (in practice the int proc makes it even better than it sims I would think) but what should we use for the other trinket? I know the unerring vision is the one with the most speculation but since chaos bolts dont scale like we thought it would, but it would provide a fully critted immolate that would be nice for ember regen is that the other trinket we should go for? Is it significantly better than either breath of the hydra or the trinket from council as it would seem from first glance that really any 2 trinkets this tier should be nice for us.

tldr; what 2 trinkets should I attempt to get as destro this tier?
    I have a love/hate relationship with unerring vision. On the one hand the 100% crit immos are nice, and if you have an RoF going while it's up it's fun looking at the numbers pop up. It's also extremely amazing when you can get an FnB 100% crit immo on a few adds as you just swim in embers for the duration.

On the other hand it's only 4 seconds so there's quite a few times where it'll proc and you'll not be able to use it because of fight mechanics.

Deleted
    Hey guys.

I dont post alot on these forums, but lately ive been following this thread closely to see any changes going on
    Ive been Affi since mist released (was destru in cata and loved it!) but with the nerfs we had lately ive been trying out destruction again

I ran my char through simcraft for a few days now trying to find out what and how i should deal with stats / gems and grimoire and i finally manage to get some "decent" numbers out of my 502 lock

At first i was hitting anywhere from 102k -> 104k on a regular patchwerk fight, using haste -> mastery -> crit and haste -> crit -> mastery etc etc.

I now went totally other way and did a heavy crit -> haste --> mastery build and gained over 14k dps according to simc

Now the question is, how reliable is the sims when it can turn like that just from turning around the stats ??
    Will i hurt myself in the current content, as there isnt any real patchwerk fight anymore, mastery being better aoe wise compared to a crit/haste build ?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arkmoth/simple this is my char if it doesnt work then search for darkmoth on tarren mill EU

Will raid tot 10n tonite and see what i can do, im still in the learning phase of destru, only done some 5 mans and lfr tot and eots so far
    Last edited by mmocbd342347e3; 2013-03-14 at 06:34 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been destro since cata, destro's stat priority got a big overhaul this patch. I've gemmed haste and reforged haste > crit > mastery with GoSup observer, and honestly it's been very good, especially for the Wushoolay's trinket since RPPM scales with haste. Wushoolay's is a very good burst trinket, and works very well with a burst class like destro. Only issue I'm having with Wushoolay is topping off with too much hit, luckily I'm only at 15.08% while fully forged out of hit.

Havoc + 9 stack shadowburn, 10 stack shadowburn, 10 stack shadowburn was delicious on twin consorts last night : ]
    Last edited by Whorpheus; 2013-03-14 at 06:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oddly, my sims w/Sup likes telling me stat priority is Haste >Mastery> Crit (2.83 >2.54 >2.46 respectively). 510 ilvl, 5614 Haste, 4037 Mastery & 4921 Crit. Seems to contradict most everything I've read. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Oddly, my sims w/Sup likes telling me stat priority is Haste >Mastery> Crit (2.83 >2.54 >2.46 respectively). 510 ilvl, 5614 Haste, 4037 Mastery & 4921 Crit. Seems to contradict most everything I've read. >.<
    As is always the case, simming your own character will give you the most accurate results. Stat suggestions are just that, suggestions, and are typically based off of sims of T14H or T15H gear.

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 01:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thesamoth View Post
    Hey guys.

I dont post alot on these forums, but lately ive been following this thread closely to see any changes going on
    Ive been Affi since mist released (was destru in cata and loved it!) but with the nerfs we had lately ive been trying out destruction again

I ran my char through simcraft for a few days now trying to find out what and how i should deal with stats / gems and grimoire and i finally manage to get some "decent" numbers out of my 502 lock

At first i was hitting anywhere from 102k -> 104k on a regular patchwerk fight, using haste -> mastery -> crit and haste -> crit -> mastery etc etc.

I now went totally other way and did a heavy crit -> haste --> mastery build and gained over 14k dps according to simc

Now the question is, how reliable is the sims when it can turn like that just from turning around the stats ??
    Will i hurt myself in the current content, as there isnt any real patchwerk fight anymore, mastery being better aoe wise compared to a crit/haste build ?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arkmoth/simple this is my char if it doesnt work then search for darkmoth on tarren mill EU

Will raid tot 10n tonite and see what i can do, im still in the learning phase of destru, only done some 5 mans and lfr tot and eots so far
    Mastery is king for when you can AoE, or when your SBurn/CBolt is more than like 40% of your total damage. (In the first case, you use sup/serv, and in the second you use Sacrifice)

Crit + Haste > Mastery is a general rule of thumb that's best for single target fights and pretty good for 2 target cleave. It's when you can start AoEing that the value of mastery goes up (or when you're generating a lot of embers through SBurn regen)

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 01:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Whorpheus View Post
    Been destro since cata, destro's stat priority got a big overhaul this patch. I've gemmed haste and reforged haste > crit > mastery with GoSup observer, and honestly it's been very good, especially for the Wushoolay's trinket since RPPM scales with haste. Wushoolay's is a very good burst trinket, and works very well with a burst class like destro. Only issue I'm having with Wushoolay is topping off with too much hit, luckily I'm only at 15.08% while fully forged out of hit.

Havoc + 9 stack shadowburn, 10 stack shadowburn, 10 stack shadowburn was delicious on twin consorts last night : ]
    I can only imagine. WTB Wushoolay, 0G, pst. :P

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 01:55 PM ----------

Updated Front Post:

1.0.3: Updated style with headers graciously given to me by Kink here on MMO-Champ!
    1.0.2: They fixed RoF granting embers on immune targets. Removed from guide.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm observing strange pet behavior that I'm trying to track down. Might be an anomoly limited to one test, not sure yet. I'm getting Shivarra scaling better than Observer with haste>crit build, about 12% better. It might be something I'm seeing incorrectly, and if someone else gets a chance, see if you can replicate it. I can't reasonably see why that is, but compared to a lock with the same iLevel, and reforged mastery>haste>crit, my wrathguard is doing slightly better than my observer, while his pets are roughly even. Side-by-side test with autoattacks keeping us in combat, no buffs or debuffs, just the pets going nuts, 10 min iterations repeated 4 times per pet. Could be nothing, and unfortunately I don't have the time to thoroughly test it this week.
    Last edited by Medieve; 2013-03-14 at 10:05 PM.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whorpheus View Post

I'm actually surprised how well Wushoolay's works for Destro. I picked it up for Aff but after switching to Destro MS I've noticed that at 7+ stacks Chaos Bolt hits as hard as it would with Dark Soul up (and in some cases even harder; not to mention the return of 1 mil CB crits with both up XD)

Quote Originally Posted by Medieve View Post
    I'm observing strange pet behavior that I'm trying to track down. Might be an anomoly limited to one test, not sure yet. I'm getting Wrathguard scaling better than Observer with haste>crit build, about 12% better.
    You can't use a Wrathgaurd as Destro, only Demo.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely meant Shivarra. Fixing the original question.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    It's the second CoE on my bars. It's a macro that lets me knock the dino back without manually targeting him. Also, RoF doesn't knock the add back, just spell hits and AoE from FnB.
    Ah ok. I didnt see your post before our Kill. I used havoc with incinerates to knock the add back. Worked pretty fine. And you dont need havoc when everything besides the boss is dead anyway. (the phases before i use it on horridon ofc) My pet had to help me a little too though. (supremacy imp). Did 260k Dps, i think this is ok for heroic. Still leaning my destro.

The best part, Thunderforged heroic staff in my bonus loot

Now council , let the fun times begin. Too bad that you have skipped him, would love to see a destro pov video. Not sure if i should run more mastery or more haste, we play basically singletarget on the close to / empowered add. Guess i stay mastery, rain of fire results in a decent amount of chaosbolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Revenna View Post
    Is it possible to make a timer for Rain of Fire? Basically just something that checks when I cast RoF and makes a bar for the rain of fire's duration, like any dot. Marking the damage ticks would be even better. To put it simply, I want to track it like a DoT. Would this be possible with EventHorizon?
    In EventHorizon_Warlock, edit config.lua and add this section:

Code:
    	-- Rain of Fire
    	self:newSpell({
    		playerbuff = 104232,
    		requiredTree = 3,
    	})
    Doesn't do anything fancy like mark ticks (because I haven't tried) but it does the job. Loooove EH on my warlock, and don't think I could play without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daagar View Post
    In EventHorizon_Warlock, edit config.lua and add this section:

Code:
    	-- Rain of Fire
    		playerbuff = 104232,
    		requiredTree = 3,
    	})
    Doesn't do anything fancy like mark ticks (because I haven't tried) but it does the job. Loooove EH on my warlock, and don't think I could play without it.
    I'm super busy with HW, so I can't test this, but you should be able to do something like:

Code:
    -- Rain of Fire
    		playerbuff = {104232,1},
    		requiredTree = 3,
    	})

I have 476 relic, 489 LotC, and a 496 EoT. Which would be the best two trinkets to use for destruction? Assuming I'm going Haste>=Crit>Mastery build with GoSup. And is the volatile talisman trinket worth getting? And if so which one of those trinkets would I switch out for the talisman?