Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    What's the preferred offset now for dest? Helm off Immerseus and 4x set elsewise? I'd imagine progression trinkets are obvious enough....amp and KTT. Everything else mast/hit or mast/crit for offpieces I'd imagine...
    Personally I'm just shooting for 2pc - chest and legs being itemized well. Does anyone have numbers on value of 4pc with helm being off piece? Eventually I expect it to be an option...

15+ Year Old Account
    So.

They nerfed affliction (my beloved one) and now i'm considering destro. I choosed my equip based on affliction itemization priorities and now i would like to some suggestion about what to do to have afflicion as main spec and destro as secondary.
    We're not a HC guild but we're focused on progress.

Tonight we'll face the klaxxi and than garrosh. I know that destro is good for garrosh, but for klaxxi? Immolate on all target and nuke the focus or i should just aim for demo?

Deleted
    Don't immolate on all targets if your goal is to beat the encounter, use RoF when you can cover 2+ targets.

15+ Year Old Account
    My goal is just do bring down the boss so i was thinking about ember regeneration. Pretty new to destro here.

Deleted
    Well it does give you a bit of ember generation, but you can get as many by casting Incinerate on your main target and do useful damage. I wouldn't advise to multidot with Immolate targets that won't die, except with Havoc if you don't have meaningful targets to cleave.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Well it does give you a bit of ember generation, but you can get as many by casting Incinerate on your main target and do useful damage. I wouldn't advise to multidot with Immolate targets that won't die, except with Havoc if you don't have meaningful targets to cleave.
    Ok, thank you for the tips. About affly/destro itemization? I did some simulation (single target, sim 540-3):
    affly with destro reforge; 196k
    affly with affly reforge; 201k
    destro with destro reforge; 221k
    destro with affly reforge; 223k
    Last edited by Gorthan; 2013-10-03 at 09:09 AM.

Guys, is there a haste cap that should be reached in destro???? or should i just reforge everything to mastrey then crit ??

I am a bit confused. It says destro reforge is Mastery > crit > haste. However at the pet paragraph best results are Mastery > Haste > Crit?

Quote Originally Posted by khalamo View Post
    I am a bit confused. It says destro reforge is Mastery > crit > haste. However at the pet paragraph best results are Mastery > Haste > Crit?
    This part is outdated, Brusalk is in the middle of progression. I'm sure he will update everything once he has time for it

Quote Originally Posted by Crowz85 View Post
    I have noticed this since 5.4, and I think it is happening ONLY when i use my Mouseover shadowburn macro, which is very annoying, not reported it or anything.
    Assuming it is a bug, lets not push them too hard to fix it. Just use the work around macro.

I live in fear that they will purposely or accidentally nerf Shadowburns ember regen. Again.

Brusalk, if you do update that guide any further, you should add the macro in there. It has been very helpful to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthan View Post
    Ok, thank you for the tips. About affly/destro itemization? I did some simulation (single target, sim 540-3):
    affly with destro reforge; 196k
    affly with affly reforge; 201k
    destro with destro reforge; 221k
    destro with affly reforge; 223k
    Is that a typo or are you simming higher w/ destro as aff reforge than w/ destro reforge?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ace777 View Post
    Guys, is there a haste cap that should be reached in destro???? or should i just reforge everything to mastrey then crit ??
    The soft cap for haste is 2021 for the 6th tick of Immolate. Given the current stat itemization on gear, it's nearly impossible to get below this number, so focus on Mastery > Crit for Destro.

- - - Updated - - -

Been reading this thread since day 1. Destro has always been my favoured spec for locks, and I just wanted to say thanks for all the tips and advice to all the warlocks here, especially Brusalk.

I want to give Destro a real shot in the upcoming weeks, but I'm a bit confused on how exactly my character should be gem and reforge.

From what I understand, Crit is better for Single Target, Mastery for multi-target and Haste is equally good for both ST and MT. Looking at SoO encounters, it makes sense to prioritize Mastery over Crit. The Legendary Meta Gem proc, Backdraft, Bloodlust and in my case Haste trinket drags down the value of Haste, because Incinerate can very quickly be at <1s cast time, and at that point, any extra Haste becomes useless since you can't cast faster than the 1s GCD.

With this in mind, I went to MrRobot to see what they thought about it. One of the profiles follows the "Mastery >= Crit > Haste", with Mastery = 4.6, Crit = 5.5 and Haste = 4.2. Those weights seemed quite reasonable, so I followed them. Those weights put me at 15585 Mastery, 3689 Crit and 5971 Haste.

I then jumped back to the game and made the minor changes that MrRobot suggested and started hitting the dummy with self buffs only. I quickly noticed that even without 5% haste, any time I had a Backdraft + Trinket or Backdraft + Metagem, my Incinerate would be at <1s. Thats no good right?

I took a better look at my reforges, and noticed that MrRobot reforged 2k Crit in to mostly Haste and some Mastery. From what I understand about Destro, that must be wrong.

So I downloaded SimCraft to get my own stat weights. On 1 Target, Patchwerk 450 seconds I got "Crit ~= Mastery ~= Haste" at Crit = 3.67, Mastery = 3.59 and Haste = 3.45. For 2 Targets, Patchwerk 450 seconds I get "Mastery ~= Crit > Haste", with Mastery = 5.22, Crit = 5.18 and Haste = 4.83.

The problem is, according to MrRobot, the stat weights that they use and the 1 Target and 2 Target weights that I got from SimCraft are all the "same". The weights don't change enough to be worth for me to change a single reforge or gem.

Here are the reforge plots that I got from the 1 Target sim

2 Target Sim

I'm new to using SimCraft and used the guide on it by Evrelia to get me started, and from what I understand, it seems that at -1500 Haste +1500 Mastery I get a 1k DPS increase.

As I was writing this I realized that the reason for the Haste to Mastery to be nonexistent on my gear is because every piece that I have already has Mastery on it, the ones that do not ( Ring, Cloak ) are behaving as expected. So even though -1500 Haste +1500 Mastery is a DPS increase, it's just impossible for me to get to it.

With the Haste vs Mastery out of the way, I went to figure out why the hell am I being told to reforge out of Crit for Haste.

1 Target Sim

2 Target Sim

It seems that at the +1600 Crit -1600 Haste, I get a 1k~ DPS increase for both ST and MT, not to mention being GCD capped less often. I have exactly 1675 Haste reforged from Crit, so by undoing the reforge on those items should see a increase on my DPS.

I guess on the process of writing this down I answered myself. Mastery >= Crit > Haste. It's worth reforging out of Haste for more Mastery, but it's impossible. It's worth reforging out of Haste for more Crit, it's possible.

I guess my final question are: why the hell is MrRobot ( and I assume ReforgeLite too ) - supported by SimCraft Statweights - telling me to reforge out of Crit for more Haste? Are there any flaws on the path that I took to reach my conclusions?

Sorry about the long rant, just want to get this thing right.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Rhodianni: Simcraft basically tells everyone there are 2 reforge paths for single target: one where you have high haste and high mastery and very low crit (affliction reforges) which for some weird reason that I can't explain (due to having <1 sec incinerates and basically not bringing much to the table compared to mastery and crit) performs about the same as reforging all haste to mastery and then crit. My guess is Mr robot may be using wrong statweights. I simply can't imagine haste being superior to mastery or crit, so personally I'm dumping all haste... There may be a magic haste number for Immolation ticks, other than that /shrug.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2013-10-03 at 06:11 PM.

Hi all
    Just Wondering which Encounters in SoO is best to Use GoSac instead of Supremacy
    Any tips?

Is there an internal CD to the tier 16 4-piece bonus that's not listed? I might be crazy, but the way I read it I'm supposed to get the 15% crit buff every time I fill an ember. In game however, it only seems to be happening on every other ember, or around every 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenaria View Post
    Is there an internal CD to the tier 16 4-piece bonus that's not listed? I might be crazy, but the way I read it I'm supposed to get the 15% crit buff every time I fill an ember. In game however, it only seems to be happening on every other ember, or around every 10 seconds.
    The ICD is indeed 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    The ICD is indeed 10 seconds.
    That would explain it then. Thanks muchly!

Deleted
    what is the best combo of trinkets single and aoe, those are which i do have :

binding normal, hydra hc tf, wush normal, fcr normal, ktt normal ?

Quote Originally Posted by sster View Post
    what is the best combo of trinkets single and aoe, those are which i do have :

binding normal, hydra hc tf, wush normal, fcr normal, ktt normal ?
    It's mostly a choice between Bindings and another trinket. Personally I'd probably go towards KTT.