Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaulty View Post
    Simcraft is telling me I should pull 210k on single target.

I'm doing roughly about 170k. I know fix my dps thread but I want to double check I if I have my rotation correct;

Opening: Pre-pot. Precast Immolate, CoE+CDs, conflag x2, Incinerate till 2 full embers, Chaosbolt x2, recast immolate (should be at pandemic), Conflag and build up ember and chaos bolt again. Then go into normal rotation.

rotation: Shadowburn > Chaosbolt w/ CDs and procs > Conflag on CD > Incinerate w/ conflag > Fel Flame > Chaos bolt 3.5 embers
    The problem with this is that you have said nothing about procs in your opener. Sounds like you blindly build up to 2 embers and dump.

You need to make sure you are firing off chaos bolts with big intellect procs or you are losing A TON of dps.

To give an example, an unbuffed chaos bolt for me with full raid buffs hits for around 800k. With everything up that number is pushing 2.7M. If I am a split second too late then that 2.7M chaos bolt turns into a 1.8M chaos bolt (random estimate, but you get my point).

Get weakauras and track your procs, and try not to cast an an unbuffed chaos bolt unless you are going to cap on embers.

Simcraft is telling me I should pull 210k on single target.

I'm doing roughly about 170k. I know fix my dps thread but I want to double check I if I have my rotation correct;

Opening: Pre-pot. Precast Immolate, CoE+CDs, conflag x2, Incinerate till 2 full embers, Chaosbolt x2, recast immolate (should be at pandemic), Conflag and build up ember and chaos bolt again. Then go into normal rotation.

rotation: Shadowburn > Chaosbolt w/ CDs and procs > Conflag on CD > Incinerate w/ conflag > Fel Flame > Chaos bolt 3.5 embers
    Also, just for the sake of it, you also want to squeeze in an incinerate at the beginning....pre-pull -> prepot - incinerate(travel time to boss) - immolate. I typically start my rotation around 3.5 seconds before the boss pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    The problem with this is that you have said nothing about procs in your opener. Sounds like you blindly build up to 2 embers and dump.

You need to make sure you are firing off chaos bolts with big intellect procs or you are losing A TON of dps.

To give an example, an unbuffed chaos bolt for me with full raid buffs hits for around 800k. With everything up that number is pushing 2.7M. If I am a split second too late then that 2.7M chaos bolt turns into a 1.8M chaos bolt (random estimate, but you get my point).

Get weakauras and track your procs, and try not to cast an an unbuffed chaos bolt unless you are going to cap on embers.
    I do have weakauras, of course things will proc with the build up of two full embers and my CDs. I'm not silly :P Obviously I understand what an unbuffed CB is like versus a buffed CB by stating that in my rotation priority.

I do have weakauras, of course things will proc with the build up of two full embers and my CDs. I'm not silly :P Obviously I understand what an unbuffed CB is like versus a buffed CB by stating that in my rotation priority.
    If you are incinerating till 2 full embers you are already missing a bulk of your procs. Generally you should incinerate 4 times then chaos bolt so that it doesn't consume your backdraft stacks. However if your procs are gonna expire before that you should quickly try to fit in a chaos bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Xephyria View Post
    If you are incinerating till 2 full embers you are already missing a bulk of your procs. Generally you should incinerate 4 times then chaos bolt so that it doesn't consume your backdraft stacks. However if your procs are gonna expire before that you should quickly try to fit in a chaos bolt.
    Nah, I got timers underneath my procs so I can see when they are going to end. You start the fight with one full ember so building up a second only takes me about 4 Incinerate casts. Which leaves 2 while I CB with my big procs/cds up at the start. Mind you I'm troll so I have at least 2 haste buffs (Berserking and my Meta Gem) Plus depending if we are lusting at start or not.

It's pretty quick. but I'm more concerned about the middle game if my rotation priority is on par of how it should be going. My starting burst is fine as it is, I'm usually #1 or #2 depending if our other lock with higher ilvl beat me out of the gate. Skada tops me out at 500k at 546 ilvl when I open up.

-ninja edit-
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/3sobf...%22Defaulty%22

655k Starting burst @545 ilvl at the time
    This is just an example of my opening rotation for those of you worried about my CDs/Procs at the start. <3
    As you can see I can get my chaos bolts off before my significant procs fall and I have already prepotted. But again, this isn't my issue :P
    Last edited by Defaulty; 2013-10-18 at 09:52 PM.

I apologize I misread it as you cast inci till you get another 2 emebr bars

Deleted
    quick trinket question.. Im iLvl 560 so quite good eq with 14k mastery 10k crit and 4k haste. But very bad luck with trinkets...

I have Wuhsoolays 530 Hydra 530 and now Bindings from lfr (528) I would go with Wushoolays/Bidnings or? 6% higher crits should be worth it or not?
    Last edited by mmoca54f789dce; 2013-10-19 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selaiah View Post
    quick trinket question.. Im iLvl 560 so quite good eq with 14k mastery 10k crit and 4k haste. But very bad luck with trinkets...

I have Wuhsoolays 530 Hydra 530 and now Bindings from lfr (528) I would go with Wushoolays/Bidnings or? 6% higher crits should be worth it or not?
    Wushy (or Hydra if u are too much hit-caped) + Bindings for sure.

Bindings of any level should likely outpace any other trinket. So the question is what do you want for your 2nd trinket. Wush basically functions like black blood which is good in that you can get some really big bolts off. Bad in that a raid hazard during a CB cast = millions in lost dmg potential. The window to get 2x chaosbolts off during the top half of the wush proc is pretty tight. Hydra isn't bad reforged to mastery and is more straight forward to use. Its roughly the same average int just applied differently. As much hit as floats around on SoO gear I might go hydra just to avoid going overcap but that's a personal call based on the rest of your gear.

If you offspec affliction however I'd definitely use wush....since it mucks w' your hit rating best to just optimize around that and get used to precise CB timing.

Please Look at my different reforges.
    I know this has been discussed like a million times, i usually go GOsac with Mastery>crit>haste but i decided to go Mastery>haste>crit on spoils and i did better. But on thok i stayed the same reforges and i went gosup(Imp) and i did worse than before :/
    So guys am i doing this right:

1. Single target bosses: M>C>H ( Gosac)
    2. 2-3: M>C>H ( GOsac )
    3. Spoils and galak ( Gosac M>H>C )
    4. Thok and nazgrim. ( GOsup )???

Can you guys clarify if i am reforging right

These constant stat weight questions are giving me headaches every day.

Single target go for what SimCraft says.
    >2 targets stack the shit out of Mastery and grab as much haste as you feel you need.

I stopped playing a few months ago and just came back. Like the changes to destro though demo getting gutted really sucks. Anyway, my ilevel is ~540 and I have plenty of crap gear with a few good drops. Other locks in my guild are around 550 or 60. I ran a 25N with them a few days ago and my dps sucked...really sucked. So I looked at raid compare and noticed that I casted a TON of RoF while the 2 other locks (both playing destro) had piddly RoF damage (we're talking my 2 million to their 300K) while their incinerates were 12Mil to my 4Mil give or take.

When I played destro back in 5.3 (before RoF nerf) I had that crap going out every 5 seconds like clockwork...it was a joy to behold. Am I right in assuming we do NOT do it that often now?

Here's the question: I've seen it stated that if a mob will stay in a RoF for it's full duration, cast it. Otherwise, cast it when moving. SO....using Immeruss as an example, wouldn't it make sense to RoF the bugger the whole time since he's not moving?

Any help would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by spaztom View Post
    I stopped playing a few months ago and just came back. Like the changes to destro though demo getting gutted really sucks. Anyway, my ilevel is ~540 and I have plenty of crap gear with a few good drops. Other locks in my guild are around 550 or 60. I ran a 25N with them a few days ago and my dps sucked...really sucked. So I looked at raid compare and noticed that I casted a TON of RoF while the 2 other locks (both playing destro) had piddly RoF damage (we're talking my 2 million to their 300K) while their incinerates were 12Mil to my 4Mil give or take.

When I played destro back in 5.3 (before RoF nerf) I had that crap going out every 5 seconds like clockwork...it was a joy to behold. Am I right in assuming we do NOT do it that often now?

Here's the question: I've seen it stated that if a mob will stay in a RoF for it's full duration, cast it. Otherwise, cast it when moving. SO....using Immeruss as an example, wouldn't it make sense to RoF the bugger the whole time since he's not moving?

Any help would be great.
    ROF is only good now when casted under huge amounts of haste. Meta gem procs and BL ,

Well, there ya go. Herpaderp...thanks!

You could just read the OP. RoF is only worth casting during movement, or in extreme haste situations.

What is the spell priority for our 4 set bonus procc? Immolate > chaos bolt or chaos bolt > immolate?

Quote Originally Posted by Oohwakamuu View Post
    What is the spell priority for our 4 set bonus procc? Immolate > chaos bolt or chaos bolt > immolate?
    You want to continue with your normal rotation. Its not worth consuming embers early on CB when you only have a 4pc proc, save it for when you get a good trinket proc. It may be worthwhile to fire a CB slightly early if you will fill up soon. For example, if you're at 3 embers and you know the ICD of your trinket won't be up for a while, firing a CB under the 4pc may be more useful than filling up to 3.8 embers, having 4pc fall off, and firing a completely unbuffed CB, but the reality is that this is such a minor increase and very variable. The 4pc proc isn't huge for increasing CB damage, trinket procs are much more valuable. Use the 4pc proc to generate embers more quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by ace777 View Post
    ROF is only good now when casted under huge amounts of haste. Meta gem procs and BL ,
    I think that's a huge misconception. Haste does not benefit ROF more than any other spells.

At the end of the day, it really depends on your DPET and available amount of mana to see whether ROF is worth casting from time to time over Incin. For me anyway, ROF has higher DPET than incin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sadinar View Post
    You want to continue with your normal rotation. Its not worth consuming embers early on CB when you only have a 4pc proc, save it for when you get a good trinket proc. It may be worthwhile to fire a CB slightly early if you will fill up soon. For example, if you're at 3 embers and you know the ICD of your trinket won't be up for a while, firing a CB under the 4pc may be more useful than filling up to 3.8 embers, having 4pc fall off, and firing a completely unbuffed CB, but the reality is that this is such a minor increase and very variable. The 4pc proc isn't huge for increasing CB damage, trinket procs are much more valuable. Use the 4pc proc to generate embers more quickly.
    The 4pc proc is certainly no bigger than many of the trinket procs and you should save up for the bigger procs but 4pc is still about a 15% boost to your CB damage. I'd consider this quite a significant increase if you can make use of it when you have a good amount of ember and ur trinkets/cooldowns are not gonna be ready for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by theshiningnova View Post
    I think that's a huge misconception. Haste does not benefit ROF more than any other spells.
    BL+LMG+Backdrafted Incinerates?

Quote Originally Posted by theshiningnova View Post

At the end of the day, it really depends on your DPET and available amount of mana to see whether ROF is worth casting from time to time over Incin. For me anyway, ROF has higher DPET than incin.

- - - Updated - - -

The 4pc proc is certainly no bigger than many of the trinket procs and you should save up for the bigger procs but 4pc is still about a 15% boost to your CB damage. I'd consider this quite a significant increase if you can make use of it when you have a good amount of ember and ur trinkets/cooldowns are not gonna be ready for quite a while.
    Incinerate hits a point where Haste no longer benefits the cast, while Rain of Fire does not. The amount of haste that benefits RoF is (theoretically) infinite, while Incinerate isn't. RoF vs Incinerate is only different in terms of how much mana they take to cast, and the amount of effective haste they can benefit from. With +Haste Proc and Bloodlust, Incinerate can cap very easily, allowing RoF to overtake it as it's damage per unit time increases while Incinerate does not. In addition, when you have that much Haste you'll (usually) have extra mana to throw around due to mana regen increasing with Haste, allowing you to temporarily increase your mana consumption rate to an amount such that the mana cost of RoF is no longer prohibitive.

That's the logic I use behind my statement to use RoF over Incinerate under high-haste conditions (usually only reached with LMB+BL).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oohwakamuu View Post
    Pandemic-range Immo (all targets) > 3-ember Chaos Bolt > Non-pandemic Immolate. (In general. There's obvious caveats to this, but you'd be fine if you assume this)