Deleted
    I've always found M > H to 10.4k BP > C to be my preferred set up.

Enough haste to not feel like chaos bolt takes 5 years to cast, and a healthy amount of crit on the side.

It also means immolate is almost always ticking at max duration, giving you a slightly larger window in which to refresh. You pretty much can always guarantee a 4 pc proc under meta gem too.

Not really a massive gain, but it's my preferred set up for most fights bar those with heavy shadow burn usage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find Mastery > Crit > Haste (maintaining ~4-5k) to be a much stronger setup for Garrosh. It's already such an ember rich fight that building heavy haste seems wholly unnecessary. With proper anticipation of movement and ember management I have found crit to be a noticeably stronger build with this fight solely in mind, given that's about all I play destro on these days. Personally I think Sacrificial Pact is a wasted talent slot — you can survive just about any whirl without external healing purely with Twilight Ward and perhaps a healthstone. As far trinket upgrades go it should be fairly self-evident that upgrading any trinket from a flex version to a heroic one is going to make a noticeable difference.

Deleted
    Which ultimately brings us back to the point that haste vs crit really doesn't matter

The thing is that I am playing crit all the time at all other bosses. I just found haste better at AOEing adds.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

For me haste is about getting the most out of my 4pc bonus. I think I'm at a comfortable enough point finally (ilvl 572) where I can put further stat gains into crit (after mastery, of course).
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    The thing is that I am playing crit all the time at all other bosses. I just found haste better at AOEing adds.
    Haste: Lets you AoE for more, significant, total damage
    Crit: Lets you AoE with less mobs required to sustain the rotation, plus some damage

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste is better for AoEing the adds, but that's a small and largely irrelevant part of the fight. Not sure what your gear is like besides the trinket situation, but I typically recommend people play Haste > Crit at least until the mid 570's. It's also worth noting playing Haste > Crit is a bit more forgiving with regards to managing embers so if you're concerned about your ability to perform efficiently while executing the dance of that fight I would recommend switching to haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    Haste is better for AoEing the adds, but that's a small and largely irrelevant part of the fight. Not sure what your gear is like besides the trinket situation, but I typically recommend people play Haste > Crit at least until the mid 570's. It's also worth noting playing Haste > Crit is a bit more forgiving with regards to managing embers so if you're concerned about your ability to perform efficiently while executing the dance of that fight I would recommend switching to haste.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%AAl/advanced

I have learned to play with crit. For the time being AOE damage is required since some DPS are doing almost only sinlge target at the add phases. TBH I am ok with the haste build for this boss. My only concern (and I think I cannot do anything for this) is the second PBoI proc that is always in the intermission.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%AAl/advanced

I have learned to play with crit. For the time being AOE damage is required since some DPS are doing almost only sinlge target at the add phases. TBH I am ok with the haste build for this boss. My only concern (and I think I cannot do anything for this) is the second PBoI proc that is always in the intermission.
    Second PBOI is nearly always in the second add phase. This is actually kind of nice if you raid 25's because you can destroy your add then walk around getting huge shadowburn crits/cleaves on everyone's adds. If you raid 10s typically the adds die so fast it makes the proc feel a little wasted, however, having it not proc is just as bad because it means it will probably proc right as you're about to exit P2 transition. Either way nothing you can do about that.

Second PBOI is nearly always in the second add phase. This is actually kind of nice if you raid 25's because you can destroy your add then walk around getting huge shadowburn crits/cleaves on everyone's adds. If you raid 10s typically the adds die so fast it makes the proc feel a little wasted, however, having it not proc is just as bad because it means it will probably proc right as you're about to exit P2 transition. Either way nothing you can do about that.
    It's pretty dependent on whether you get the 3rd wave of warbringers as that delays the phase transition significantly. For my guild we typically get the war shaman, and my PBoI tends to proc towards the end of the intermission, sometimes while we're burning the boss during annihilates.

For me a PBoI proc causes my Chaos Bolt to bring an add to Shadowburn range in one shot, which is nice, but tends to be overkill if you try and help someone else out with a bolt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    It's pretty dependent on whether you get the 3rd wave of warbringers as that delays the phase transition significantly. For my guild we typically get the war shaman, and my PBoI tends to proc towards the end of the intermission, sometimes while we're burning the boss during annihilates.

For me a PBoI proc causes my Chaos Bolt to bring an add to Shadowburn range in one shot, which is nice, but tends to be overkill if you try and help someone else out with a bolt.
    AFAIK extra warbringers doesn't slow down the transition at all other than the linear time it takes to push him. Just going off the assumption most guilds still progressing on it are in the upper 570's I imagine he would push before they even reach Garrosh. We usually only get the war-shaman as well but typically as we zone into the transition Dark Soul is coming off CD which means PBOI is usually also up. I think the bottom line is really that he has no control over when it's going to proc so when the boss phases doesn't really matter with regards to optimizing that trinket.

I know we always have a group that's a little slower so they always appreciate the help at least

AFAIK extra warbringers doesn't slow down the transition at all other than the linear time it takes to push him. Just going off the assumption most guilds still progressing on it are in the upper 570's I imagine he would push before they even reach Garrosh. We usually only get the war-shaman as well but typically as we zone into the transition Dark Soul is coming off CD which means PBOI is usually also up. I think the bottom line is really that he has no control over when it's going to proc so when the boss phases doesn't really matter with regards to optimizing that trinket.

I know we always have a group that's a little slower so they always appreciate the help at least
    Yeah, I pretty much just meant it as a measure of how long it takes to push the phase. :P

As far as I recall, I typically get the PBoI proc towards the end or just as the shield comes off of Garrosh, so I'm either not remembering correctly or my PBoI just likes to take a while to proc after its ICD.

Yeah my PboI always comes up while we're dpsing garrosh in the 1st intermission 24 manning it. I'd imagine that's pretty normal these days.

Sometimes it comes up as we're transitioning back into phase 2 because the RNG gods hate me and it decides to wait like 30 seconds before it procs the first time

@haste vs crit conversation: I'm pretty sure its been proven over the last two tiers thoroughly that its entirely preference and there isn't a tangible difference either way. I know I've done both extensively and the results always fall within the same margin of error and my choice between the two is based entirely on preference.

He'll just go to 1hp and start RP. Same with Malygos and others.

Ok, I finally got heroic PBoI and this is weird. It procs REALLY later than the flex one. Most of the times, it procs even after I reach 40 emberbits! That happend to 3/4 bosses already and the night is till long. Really. It procs LATER than the flex one?

Ok, I finally got heroic PBoI and this is weird. It procs REALLY later than the flex one. Most of the times, it procs even after I reach 40 emberbits! That happend to 3/4 bosses already and the night is till long. Really. It procs LATER than the flex one?
    No. It's the same as the flex. Just make sure it's completely off C/D when you pull. It will fuck with you from time to time.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

My Bindings have been exceedingly scumbaggy lately. I'm usually not getting procs until my pots and DS have worn out. It proccing when all my buffs are up in the opener has seemed like the exception, as opposed to the rule lately.

Well maybe it wasn't just me then, I've been having "scumbaggy" timing as well (thanks jangly lol). No idea if I've just hit bad luck for last 2 resets or something else was wonky.
    ---------------------------
    FuriousG

Is it better to run with glyphed havoc for Garrosh or not?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warlockSTAR View Post
    Is it better to run with glyphed havoc for Garrosh or not?
    I use it because I'm doing 10 man and need the extra chaos bolt in first intermission.

Otherwise I'd unglyph it for more embers/chaos bolts(if killing weapons).