What do you mean, reintroducing? RoF should be in your single target rotation already.
    http://wowupgrade.com/ - instant gear comparison for all classes / specs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    I recently ran my Warlock through SimC, and it tells me that GoServ Succubus is a .5k DPS increase over GoSup observer.
    Can this be right?
    why would you ever say .5k? 500 is literally the same number of keys you need to press.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Hey I'm new to destro, since Dragon Soul i wasn't touching on this spec, but now since they nerfed Affliction I went for Destro main spec.

I got some ranks with Destro 14º on Animus and 39º on Iron Quon, the problem it's those are single targets fights, well Animus not too much but don't have so much thing to multi-dot or AOE. Atm I'm running with crit>haste> mastery and pure int gems and 80int+160 haste.

My question it's overall which it's the best way to reforge and gem? Since this tier have some AOE and multi-dot fights like Horrdion, Elders, Tortos, Primordius....

Should I go for mastery>haste>crit with pure int gems and 80int+160 mastery? Or should I go crit>haste>mastery with pure int gems and 80int+160 haste?

ROF it's a single targer core rotation now? If yes it's very annoying playing with it, since we will be swimming on embers and we will not have almost any time to use backdraft, since almost all the time we will have around 3-4 embers to use for Chaos Bolt. My question it's should we leave backdraft and go for Chaos Bolt, or it's better to use backdaft and only use Chaos Bolt if we got proc's, banner, pot, heroism/bloodlust, dark soul? I heard that we shouldn't cap embers, but if we do that we will loose alot of backdrafts procs, if you know what I mean.

Thanks on advance.
    Last edited by David Cavalheiro; 2013-03-19 at 03:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    why would you ever say .5k? 500 is literally the same number of keys you need to press.
    Why does it matter? Did it confuse you?

On Lei Shen are you guys shadowburning the adds? It seems they die too fast to even try in my raid group.

Deleted
    On Lei Shen are you guys shadowburning the adds? It seems they die too fast to even try in my raid group.
    If you are talking about the charges in the last phase I had the same problem. I tried to get 1 or 2 to be full embers but it was difficult.

My question it's should we leave backdraft and go for Chaos Bolt, or it's better to use backdaft and only use Chaos Bolt if we got proc's, banner, pot, heroism/bloodlust, dark soul? I heard that we shouldn't cap embers, but if we do that we will loose alot of backdrafts procs, if you know what I mean.
    If you are swimming in embers but can't AoE (=> Council) using your Backdraft charges on Chaos bolt would be a smart thing to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Why does it matter? Did it confuse you?
    that is like asking why spelling matters. "why cant i just type like "gndjfrgdj rg kj rg jkg rjkfgbfjd fgjnfgdjnkrgs j" and have everybody know what im saying?"
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Deleted
    that is like asking why spelling matters. "why cant i just type like "gndjfrgdj rg kj rg jkg rjkfgbfjd fgjnfgdjnkrgs j" and have everybody know what im saying?"
    Not the same at all. ".5k" is pretty straight forward.
    Your "example" isn't.

Deleted
    I have no idea what you're saying though.

I have to admit that I am really disliking the transition from all haste/mastery and hit/mastery gear to any crit gear at all. It isn't dropping fast enough in my 10man and I have a mage and shadow priest to compete for it also

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's just drop the ".5k" topic. It's perfectly clear what was meant, no need to get in a large off topic discussion about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericprydz View Post
    I have to admit that I am really disliking the transition from all haste/mastery and hit/mastery gear to any crit gear at all. It isn't dropping fast enough in my 10man and I have a mage and shadow priest to compete for it also
    Why would there be any transition?
    Destruction GoSup reforges are in sucha mess, that there is absolutely no point in gearing one way or another. If you follow simulationcraft then it will never tell you to go full out with one stat. Every single fight favors different stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    I was able to get some off, mostly the stragglers that don't die to AoE, so I'd get some free embers+boss damage with Havoc just hangin out on Lei Shen. Having a mouseover exists SBurn macro really helps :x.

As a side note after playin Destro all week I'm really coming around to it and even though I'm not on Zums level yet it's feelin pretty good - was able to get a few ranks I wasn't expecting. Heroic Horridon really kinda made me like the spec. Seriously considering playing it full time over Aff :/.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    I was able to get some off, mostly the stragglers that don't die to AoE, so I'd get some free embers+boss damage with Havoc just hangin out on Lei Shen. Having a mouseover exists SBurn macro really helps :x.

As a side note after playin Destro all week I'm really coming around to it and even though I'm not on Zums level yet it's feelin pretty good - was able to get a few ranks I wasn't expecting. Heroic Horridon really kinda made me like the spec. Seriously considering playing it full time over Aff :/.
    I was full time Aff in 5.1 for the whole tier. Got really fed up with it and on top of that I find the spec dull with almost no gimmicks. Destruction's single target may be a little easier than aff but any fights that involves add makes for more interesting gameplay in my opinion.

(And after a week playing demo, I hated it, too clunky and while metamorphosis is cool, spamming ToC isnt).
    5.1 16/16 HC 5.2 12/12

I'm an Aff addict and would play the spec all day every day - but so far I just feel like Destro has waaaaaayyy more tools and flexibility than Aff overall making it a more appealing spec for 5.2. When push comes to shove though at the end of the tier and Aff scaling gets pretty silly I'll likely change back...but we will see . For now I shall attempt to be as fluent with Destro as I am with Aff .

On a Destro related note: anyone else feel like FnB is a very clunky way to AoE? I feel like I'm doing something wrong when trying to spam it and it doesn't register before I hit conflag/incin/immo so I just do a single one. Anyone have a solution? Or just "play better and watch spells" like I was gonna work toward?

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    I'm an Aff addict and would play the spec all day every day - but so far I just feel like Destro has waaaaaayyy more tools and flexibility than Aff overall making it a more appealing spec for 5.2. When push comes to shove though at the end of the tier and Aff scaling gets pretty silly I'll likely change back...but we will see . For now I shall attempt to be as fluent with Destro as I am with Aff .

On a Destro related note: anyone else feel like FnB is a very clunky way to AoE? I feel like I'm doing something wrong when trying to spam it and it doesn't register before I hit conflag/incin/immo so I just do a single one. Anyone have a solution? Or just "play better and watch spells" like I was gonna work toward?
    I like the idea of FnB in theory, but in practice it is very clunky. I frequently will cast a single target spell when I meant to cast an AoE one.

What I'd like them to do is make it so the buff on the player disappears when a spell starts casting, but if that cast is stopped for some reason the buff is put back on the player with no cost. If a FnB is cast while a spell is casting, but the spell is then canceled, it should refund an ember and refresh the FnB buff. What this would let us do is cast FnB while we're casting other stuff, or even while casting an FnB'd spell with no penalty if the spell is interrupted (just like all casts).

Welcome to the firey side

Destro is the funnest spec I've ever played since Cata Shadow's Theralion's Mirror Proc Extending shenanigans.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 12:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    They do so little damage my raid group's basically decided to let me kill them slowly with RoF and FnB-Immo and shadowburning them once they get low :P

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I like the idea of FnB in theory, but in practice it is very clunky. I frequently will cast a single target spell when I meant to cast an AoE one.

What I'd like them to do is make it so the buff on the player disappears when a spell starts casting, but if that cast is stopped for some reason the buff is put back on the player with no cost. If a FnB is cast while a spell is casting, but the spell is then canceled, it should refund an ember and refresh the FnB buff. What this would let us do is cast FnB while we're casting other stuff, or even while casting an FnB'd spell with no penalty if the spell is interrupted (just like all casts).

Welcome to the firey side

Destro is the funnest spec I've ever played since Cata Shadow's Theralion's Mirror Proc Extending shenanigans.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 12:36 PM ----------

They do so little damage my raid group's basically decided to let me kill them slowly with RoF and FnB-Immo and shadowburning them once they get low :P
    Not sure why they just don't make FnB a toggle. Just toggle it on and when you're done AoEing or you run out of embers it automatically toggles off.

Do you have any quick recommendations on which fights it's preferable to go Sacrifice/Mastery reforge on? I can understand the obvious ones, like Horridon and Primordius, then there are the cases where it seems like many of the top parses are using sacrifice like Dark Animus, Jin'Rokh, Megaera. I just wanted to see if people had some definitive thoughts on when it was better. Durumu, for example, looks like a lot of top parses are using Sac and their damage breakdown suggests they get a lot of RoF emberbits. Is this from hitting the random eyes that he spawns or what? Intuitively when I did it last week I assumed single target spec would be ideal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post

What I'd like to see is FnB to be a togglable ability (off the GCD and usable during casts), when it's on and you have an ember, it will cast the AoE version of the spell. If it's on and you don't have an ember, it will simply cast the normal version until you have an ember again.

And yeah, Destruction is a LOT of fun. Warlocks are the most fun class by far :P

Except Demonology.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorakh View Post
    What I'd like to see is FnB to be a togglable ability (off the GCD and usable during casts), when it's on and you have an ember, it will cast the AoE version of the spell. If it's on and you don't have an ember, it will simply cast the normal version until you have an ember again.

And yeah, Destruction is a LOT of fun. Warlocks are the most fun class by far :P

Except Demonology.
    I'd rather it wasn't a togglable ability. It's much easier to remember "Press this button before I cast a spell to AoE" than "Hmm.. Do I have an Ember AND do I actually want to use this spell as an AoE AND Is the spell active right now?"