Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemie View Post
    Why do we frown so upon meter padding?
    Are people glued to worldoflogs or what's the deal? I sometimes feel I missed something.
    depends on padding i guess. if it does increase your single target dps for example havoc: immo, 2xinci + rof on 2 targets on maegera then its pretty much beneficial for the raid. if on the other hand you abuse havoc for shadowburn on this fight (not mentioning chaos bolts as some hero might pop up and say that he is doing that for soul leech shields) then its pointless and you are just gimping your raid grp.

but if you have the boss on farm and you can basically do whatever you want then who cares..

Deleted
    Are people glued to worldoflogs or what's the deal? I sometimes feel I missed something.
    Because 80% of the time meter padding is going to result in less damage being done on what matters, you're making the kill harder than it would be if you stopped trying to inflate your penis with damage meters.

Every GCD spent doing damage to a hydra head you're not ever going to kill for example, is one less GCD spent on he one you are. Shannox was terrible for it, since in heroic you didn't kill his dogs at all - meter padding on that was just multidotting targets you'd never kill, which was consuming copious amounts of casts that could have been killing shannox.

That's what meter padding is, padding the meters by damaging things you're not supposed to and gain nothing from doing.

Deleted
    Last night on our maegara kill i ocasionaly used corpution on the other head to get extra soulshards.

Deleted
    which is absolute okay also RoF on 2 heads or maybe even cast Havoc Immo and 2 Incin maybe okay (but it is something I dont do only RoF) because it will enhance you single target DPS on the correct head

Deleted
    I don't "pad" then. I just attack everything with RoF and sometimes, rarely, immolate to gain many more emberbits much faster.

Also, for warlocks isn't attacking everything with either corruption (Affliction), doom (Demonology) or RoF (Destruction) good for single target too in most cases?

Well for me this far in raiding, and we're "only" at the boss after Dark Animus, whatever his/hers/its name is; GoSac hasn't been better than GoSup nor GoServ in any fight, not even Horridon. Not for me.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 11:01 AM ----------

Ohh and btw, just a general question regarding any and all specs of any and all classes:

I've been wondering whether it's better to go GoSac and cleave Shadowburns onto Horridon, or do like you and GoSup with the pet dpsing Horridon the entire fight. This is 25 man and my raid has the adds well under control, so meter-padding ethics aside, which does more damage in the long run?

If there is one fight were GoSac is for sure #1 on, it's Primordius. With MF simply drop RoF every six seconds and TRY to use up all the embers. On this fight I forgo Immolate and use Chaos Bolt as my filler, and use Conflag on the move to cast faster Chaos Bolts. At 20% health I just RoF + Shadowburn spam and rocket to the top of the charts. One of these weeks Wushoolay's Final Choice will proc in execute...

My own opinion of meter padding is that it's fine to do on farm content. It's a sort of flair where you can show off, even though it doesn't help kill the boss/adds any faster. Problems arise, like H Spine, where people would sneak as much AoE as they could get away with and would end up making the fight much much harder for healers and possibly jeopardizing the kill. On progression I would most definitely frown upon meter padding; why aren't you 100% focused on priority targets?

I don't "pad" then. I just attack everything with RoF and sometimes, rarely, immolate to gain many more emberbits much faster.

Also, for warlocks isn't attacking everything with either corruption (Affliction), doom (Demonology) or RoF (Destruction) good for single target too in most cases?
    Multidotting corruption is not really a single target gain, and multidotting Doom is a definite loss since it contributes nothing to single target.

Deleted
    as far as i know imps that spawn from doom crits attack that doom target.

Deleted
    and multidotting Doom is a definite loss since it contributes nothing to single target.
    Don't the imps spawned by Doom generate some Fury ? (never played Demo so it might be a very minor gain)

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Don't the imps spawned by Doom generate some Fury ? (never played Demo so it might be a very minor gain)
    50, and Doom costs 60 to cast, so you'd need two crits to even make up the fury cost (and then you have to make up the global).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    It was neutral on single target if the target took every tick prior to 5.2. Now in 5.2 there's a bug or something that led to more ember generation from RoF, making it better.
    Can't log on now to check, can someone explain what's this bug is? How much better are we talking about?

ok i need some tips to spend my 3k valor. I want to buy gear but all lowers my haste and i go mad if i get a low haste here is my char http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ckblood/simple i got 3k valor so say enough choice. also if i go to askmrrobot it always says i should reforge haste into crit i don't know what is important for a destro lock and i'm getting dizzy about all the haste numbers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warlockblood View Post
    ok i need some tips to spend my 3k valor. I want to buy gear but all lowers my haste and i go mad if i get a low haste here is my char http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ckblood/simple i got 3k valor so say enough choice. also if i go to askmrrobot it always says i should reforge haste into crit i don't know what is important for a destro lock and i'm getting dizzy about all the haste numbers
    1. read the guide
    2. stop getting mad about lowering your haste.
    3. trinket, bracers from shadopan assault.

Deleted
    Can't log on now to check, can someone explain what's this bug is? How much better are we talking about?
    It generates 2 emberbits by proc instead of 1 since the patch. I'm not sure if that's a bug really, it fits really well in the gameplay. At least you have to manage your mana now, as the spec was originally designed.

lets talk about haste=crit>mastery (GoSupp). For the most part I want to optimize my single target dps while not gimping my 2+ target. Unfortunately, the stats shift 180 degrees when you get to multi-target so I want something middle of the road. For haste=crit>mastery, I can easily get my mastery to gimping level for multi-target fights and I have tried virtually every combination and cannot settle on anything.

If I was to say I wanted to be reforged for 60% benefit to single target and 40% benefit to multi-target (for GoSupp), would you say haste=crit=mastery or haste>mastery>crit (Or some other combination?) would be what I was looking for?

I see that mastery is weaker for single target, even though it buffs single target spells /boggle

Just get a reforge add on and change stats fight to fight. In the new raids you can mount up with a reforge mount in most places. No worries.

Deleted
    Even with 3k haste, Incin with backdraft + bloodlust + VP trinket is at ~0.8 seconds. Most infuriating!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of the VP trinket myself. I'm looking forward to upgrading out of it.

I was wondering if it'd be worth it to put up a macros section at the end of the guide? I know some are trade secrets (I had one that would set a focus and spread full DoT's on 2 targets that took forever to get working right) but there are some good mouseover havoc ones, SB macros, etc. that aren't compiled very well elsewhere. I do get a lot of new Destro locks wondering what macros I use since I've been playing Destro for some time now, and I'd imagine others are getting similar questions. I send them to this guide for everything else already .

Also, is there a way to work up a macro that'll check for a buff before casting? I haven't been able to get one working, but I'm sure there's stuff I'm not aware of that works.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvaz View Post
    lets talk about haste=crit>mastery (GoSupp). For the most part I want to optimize my single target dps while not gimping my 2+ target. Unfortunately, the stats shift 180 degrees when you get to multi-target so I want something middle of the road. For haste=crit>mastery, I can easily get my mastery to gimping level for multi-target fights and I have tried virtually every combination and cannot settle on anything.

If I was to say I wanted to be reforged for 60% benefit to single target and 40% benefit to multi-target (for GoSupp), would you say haste=crit=mastery or haste>mastery>crit (Or some other combination?) would be what I was looking for?

I see that mastery is weaker for single target, even though it buffs single target spells /boggle
    im going mastery=crit>haste. the differences in single target dps with reforges is minor, but the gain in cleave and aoe dps is pretty substantial. and there is only a few single target fights anyway this tier

Quick question. I'm doing fine in heroic horridon with full mastery (mastery gems also)+gosup (pet on the triceratops is the boss) the thing is, do you recommend changing gems to the int+mastery ones? Since there are no AoE stats weights in simcraft, i know that in single target it's a dps loss (you know in the last phase where you need a lot of dps).