Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Okay, so right now, I'm using http://www.wowhead.com/item=89081 and www.wowhead.com/item=95711.

I've been checking Breath of the Hydra, but it's proc rate seems to be horrendous. I get one proc per boss fight. :S

I was wondering: In general, would it be better to keep those 2 trinkets or replace one with the Volatile Trinket?

SC shows Volatile + Hydra being my best combo, but the proc rate is worrying me.

Also, on SimulationCraft, when I sim with full crit and with full haste, they come out almost even. Sometimes one's above the other, ther time the other's above. There's like a 200 dps dps error and that's it. Does that mean either will work?
    strange, i have pretty stable uptime on breath of hydra (at least 3-4 procs on 5min tries). maybe your rain of fire uptime is not high enough to give the trinket more chances to proc?

Quote Originally Posted by yalin View Post
    strange, i have pretty stable uptime on breath of hydra (at least 3-4 procs on 5min tries). maybe your rain of fire uptime is not high enough to give the trinket more chances to proc?
    I even sat in Stormwind keeping immolate on 3 target dummies and rain of fire, just to see if there was something off after the bad experience on bosses.

Never procced more than once in a 6-8 minute period.

Deleted
    Very small sample but still : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...uSGdscFE#gid=4
    "Once every 6-8 min" seems a bit excessive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    I even sat in Stormwind keeping immolate on 3 target dummies and rain of fire, just to see if there was something off after the bad experience on bosses.

Never procced more than once in a 6-8 minute period.
    what version do you have? im using thunderforged 528 and so far it has been very reliable, inc 80% uptime on stone guards lfr encounter.
    maybe im stealing your procs ;/

Quote Originally Posted by yalin View Post
    what version do you have? im using thunderforged 528 and so far it has been very reliable, inc 80% uptime on stone guards lfr encounter.
    maybe im stealing your procs ;/
    LFR

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Very small sample but still : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...uSGdscFE#gid=4
    "Once every 6-8 min" seems a bit excessive
    How is something I tested for 3 hours excessive? It's not like I sat there for 10-20 minutes and went "Nope. Not proccing."

10+ Year Old Account
    I apologize if this has been asked before:

I do not want to reforge for specific fights unless we are having a dps problem (hasn't happened yet). That being the case, what would be the best stat priority to follow in order to get the best dps results across all the ToT fights?

Quote Originally Posted by Prisefighter View Post
    I apologize if this has been asked before:

I do not want to reforge for specific fights unless we are having a dps problem (hasn't happened yet). That being the case, what would be the best stat priority to follow in order to get the best dps results across all the ToT fights?
    As a very rough, general guide, Go Int>Haste to 5k+>mastery>crit. This I think overall in ToT will give you the best peformance.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Also a trinket question, I currently have 2, the shado pan trinket, a 2/2 upgraded H LotC, and a LFR cha ye's, which 2 would be the most beneficial you think? And, for Demo?

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Sorry in advance Brusalk but...

That is some nice mana regen you got here

Too bad you had to use the same tricks as your WoL opponents, you have been corrupted !
    I hit havoc without looking at the bosses HP pool first

The only numbers I really care about are from your Megaera thing that tells effective damage, in which I still beat the other destro locks :P

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 09:32 AM ----------

I was trying to only use my havoc stacks on Immolate, Fel-flame, and then 6ish seconds later another fel flame.

Doing that I was able to keep 100% uptime of Immo on both heads, and I was decently surprised at the extra ember generation I got over using it only on Incin/Conflag.

I'm trying to figure out how good the t15 4p is for destro. It should be 8% of your incinerates give you double embers but after working it out based on some of my logs it seems you would only gain 1-2 more embers per fight which makes it seem pretty weak. I know the tier pieces are itemized pretty well but is our 4 piece really weaker than our 2 piece?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jman101 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how good the t15 4p is for destro. It should be 8% of your incinerates give you double embers but after working it out based on some of my logs it seems you would only gain 1-2 more embers per fight which makes it seem pretty weak. I know the tier pieces are itemized pretty well but is our 4 piece really weaker than our 2 piece?
    did you include that incinerate crits will give 2 extra embers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Is it possible to have destro/demo without reforging for specific fights?
    I'm just sick and tired of having low dps on Lei Shen, although I do everything as usual, but still.
    Is it me, or just aff sucks at that boss...
    Stinkin combat rogue with same Ilvl is ahead for 25-35k.
    Destro/Demo: sure. Reforge for the one you plan to use most, and the other shouldn't suffer too much (not that there's a definitive answer for how to reforge destro for "overall" anyway).

Lei Shen: the problem isn't affliction, for you, there. Aff doesn't have any bonuses I can think of that would make it good for that fight, but you're at the bottom of your group's DPS at every stage until one of the hunters dies (and your highest DPS spike is only 10-15k over what you could pull sustained). This is less likely an affliction issue, and more likely that you should get more practice if you want to play affliction on end-normal fights or heroics. I'd tell you more, but I'm short on time and a way to swap that log into English.

Picking specs by fight: there's nothing stopping any spec from being useful on pretty much every fight this tier (through normals! I have doubts Aff would be much fun on H Durumu, not sure about the others), so stick with what you play best and you should be just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    Destro/Demo: sure. Reforge for the one you plan to use most, and the other shouldn't suffer too much (not that there's a definitive answer for how to reforge destro for "overall" anyway).

Lei Shen: the problem isn't affliction, for you, there. Aff doesn't have any bonuses I can think of that would make it good for that fight, but you're at the bottom of your group's DPS at every stage until one of the hunters dies (and your highest DPS spike is only 10-15k over what you could pull sustained). This is less likely an affliction issue, and more likely that you should get more practice if you want to play affliction on end-normal fights or heroics. I'd tell you more, but I'm short on time and a way to swap that log into English.

Picking specs by fight: there's nothing stopping any spec from being useful on pretty much every fight this tier (through normals! I have doubts Aff would be much fun on H Durumu, not sure about the others), so stick with what you play best and you should be just fine.
    Thanks.
    Thing is that affliction doesn't benefit from the T15 (Imo ofc), hence other spec bonuses are seem to be more useful.
    Well srsly, 4T15 for affliction is total shit. After that Doom nerf I guess destro reforge should be fine for demo.
    Need to grab tokens first.

Btw, concerning stats...
    AMR tells me to refore EVERYTHING into crit.
    Is it for real or it's just got bugged?
    Last edited by Bloodfire; 2013-04-03 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    did you include that incinerate crits will give 2 extra embers?
    I did. It was something like 12ish incinerates would benefit from the 4 piece on a 6-7 minute fight and you can say 2-3 of those would be crits so really you gain 1.5 embers extra during the whole fight which is much worse than the 2 piece. At least with 2 piece you can assume are getting one extra ember per dark soul and you'll get 4 dark souls on a 7 minute fight.
    Last edited by jman101; 2013-04-03 at 08:32 PM.

Deleted
    I agree. The 4piece is almost pointless for Destruction and I think Ill go for just 2set this time around and filling the other slots with items with better stats/more sockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Thanks.

Btw, concerning stats...
    AMR tells me to refore EVERYTHING into crit.
    Is it for real or it's just got bugged?
    AMR is going to reforge to whatever stat it thinks is optimal. In this case, it's favouring crit for you.

If you edit the stat weights and rerun it, it will optimize around whatever stat weights you have put in there. I would imagine, the "better" way to use AMR is to use SimC on your toon with your current gear/specs and get the stat weights from there. Use those stat weights then in AMR.

But then you'll need to resim again and you'll find that the weights have all changed. (SimC is not, by definition, an optimization model (there's no heuristic solver within it to search the solution space for all possible stat weightings) so your stat weights will change based on your current stats).

I would probably go with what Zumzum said earlier:

ToT is an AOE fest, except for a few encounters. In that case Mastery will be king, while Crit/haste will lag behind (in AoE circumstances).

My guild is currently working on heroic Tortos and I can't decided which spec to choose. I'm stuck between aff and destro. Our tank kites the bats around the room, so rain of fire is useless but I do FnB immolate them, which helps alot for ember generation but I don't feel like it's performing more than say affliction, which I can just SB:SS the three turtle and keeps dots rolling on Tortos the whole time.

Without a need to kill the bats is desto and gosac/mastery stacking worthless?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jman101 View Post
    I did. It was something like 12ish incinerates would benefit from the 4 piece on a 6-7 minute fight and you can say 2-3 of those would be crits so really you gain 1.5 embers extra during the whole fight which is much worse than the 2 piece. At least with 2 piece you can assume are getting one extra ember per dark soul and you'll get 4 dark souls on a 7 minute fight.
    wow. that is.... god awful

Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    My guild is currently working on heroic Tortos and I can't decided which spec to choose. I'm stuck between aff and destro. Our tank kites the bats around the room, so rain of fire is useless but I do FnB immolate them, which helps alot for ember generation but I don't feel like it's performing more than say affliction, which I can just SB:SS the three turtle and keeps dots rolling on Tortos the whole time.

Without a need to kill the bats is desto and gosac/mastery stacking worthless?
    Play Affliction, turtle slowing is > anything. Plus the fact that you can multidot them + give slows to your kiting tank if needed pretty OP.

Deleted
    I must say that using havoc on magera only for immo+2 felflames and going gosup instead of gosac pushed my dps from 120k to 150k (was still using mastery build). My ember regen was amazing. Much better than with immo+2xincis that i was using earlier.
    Now im only wondering if running gosac wouldnt be more beneficial then on this fight even though my silly imp was doing 16k.

We are working on jikun now and tbh i cant decide which spec is mor suitable for the job, demo or destro? Im exclusively on nest duty.
    Last edited by mmocab4042b3e7; 2013-04-03 at 10:46 PM.