Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegan View Post
    I am wondering how all the top Destruction locks on WoL in 10 heroic are all going for Mastery -> Haste -> Crit with GoSac. They are doing this on pretty much every fight, go look for yourself. However if you read here, that pretty much seems the wrong way to go. It kind of contradicts.

zumzum posted this pic a while ago about destro reforging, saying "i have no idea what i´m doing!", which basically sums up the whole situation ;D

Deleted
    well, ppl tend to just look at simcraft results, see that it says haste is the stat to stack and then they do so, but they dont really know why it says that, as they forget that those results are usually made with single target dps in mind, and as such the result is correct but there are very few purely single target fights out there in ToT and those few single target fights that are out there are relatively easy and it tends to be the multitarget fights that are hard, thinking of fights like horridon and council that many guilds still have trouble with and it is on these fights that mastery truly shines and will outweigh haste by a fairly large margin on multitarget fights since our main aoe comes from embers which is boosted by mastery, along side with our fillers etc. so you can stack mastery without loosing too much single target dps, but it doesnt go the other way around, you cant stack haste without loosing dps when it comes to aoe dps and that is why you see a lot of destro locks go for mastery instead of haste or atleast that is how i see it.

Deleted
    im going after wushoolay's final choice and breath of the hydra bcoz BotH has twice the duration of Cha-ye making it fit extremely well with the duration of wushoolay's as having 7k extra int while wushoolay's stacks up should be extremely rewarding and you do need a fair amount of both haste and crit to make cha-ye proc often enough, i think brusalk wrote that you need like 30-35% crit for cha-ye to be better than breath of the hydra for destro but dont quote me on that.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed Almara. We got our first normal Lei Shen kill last night and I went mastery>haste>=crit. It seems like a mostly single target fight, but significant part of my dps was on ball lighting, which favors a mastery build.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Destro Bis trinkets - IMO:

Both > Wushy > Cha-Ye's > UV

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Agreed Almara. We got our first normal Lei Shen kill last night and I went mastery>haste>=crit. It seems like a mostly single target fight, but significant part of my dps was on ball lighting, which favors a mastery build.
    My approach for going full mastery is as follows:

1) I'm not going to reforge inbetween every fight since we are not super-hardcore. I imagine most people are in this bucket.
    2) Full mastery is only a few % lower than the haste/crit build on single target.
    3) Haste/crit, however, is significantly below the mastery build on any fight with 3+ targets.

Therefore, I'm willing to trade off 2-4% of my DPS on a single target fight in order to streamline the whole process and stick with one build for the whole raid. The only time I switch is if we're progressing on a specific fight that requires a different build, and have been doing so for long enough that every other fight is fully on farm.

hey guys,
    my lvl75 talent is GoSup and for this, following the guide, I reforge all in haste / crit .. for the single target fights i'm ok.. but, in fight like horridon or council i should change my grimoire into gosac. I have 1 question, should i reforge all on mastery when i change the grimoire?

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on my reforging. Crypticús on Lightninghoof(US) is my current setup. I use Cha-Ye LFR on my sac fights and VToSPA on single target with observer.

I have two questions:

1. Is my trinket use correct or is Cha-Ye LFR better for single target as well?
    2. I have a rediculous amount of crit with my gear while trying for max mastery and I was wondering if there was anything you guys would do differently reforge-wise.

Thanks
    Last edited by cryptic662; 2013-04-18 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    If you are hitting the GCD cap with the metagem wouldn't haste lose a lot of value ?
    Incinerate with backdraft and meta and only about 5k haste is already 1 sec cast. Then we're not even taking lust into acount.

So yes that does start reducing the value of haste once you get below 1.00 seconds cast with backdraft+meta. And to a lesser degree reducing the value a little already due to lust+meta, especially if you lust in the beginning of the fight as the meta is nearly guaranteed to proc early on.

Deleted
    i used to have 6637ish haste due to being affliction as my offspec, and with the shado pan assault trinket and backdraft my incinerates already had a casttime of 1 sec or very close to it when i was unbuffed, with 5% spellhaste i went under 1 sec and with BL i got to 0,7 sec casts on incin and that was way too low for me, so i decided to drop my haste to 4717(for afflic) and stack mastery and it is working very well for me. for destro i definately dont like too much haste, it throws a wrench in an alreayd fast paced spec in my opinion.

I'm currently trying the crit build, and playing grim of supremacy. But probably I´ll go back to mastery soon and sacrifice. I´m enjoying playing with a pet again though

The only problem I have with possibly getting Wushoolay's is that I use Demo as my OS for half of the fights in ToT (Council, Durumu, Iron Qon, Twins, and Lei Shen) so that I can run a Mastery heavy Destro build (currently 11772 Mastery, 4792 Haste, and 3082 Crit). When I eventually get UVLS, that trinket combined with Demo isn't great because you want to keep Doom at 100% crit for all of the extra imps. So that means I'd have to switch out Wushoolay's, but it has all of that static hit on it, which would mean I'd have to reforge to get my hit right, and I don't want to have to reforge in the middle of the raid when I swap to Demo just so I can use UVLS. So for now I'll probably just get Cha-Ye's to go with my BotH (unless UVLS would be better to use instead of Cha-Ye's?) and then swap one of those two out for UVLS when I go Demo spec for those 5 fights.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honest to god detest the VP trinket to my very core when playing Destro (for Aff, love the mini bloodlust). It's just enough haste and proc's just enough to royally screw you at any raiding haste level. I traded all my EP points for TF Breath and really wish I would have waited and spent more conservatively. Bad planning stuck me with the stupid thing.

Although, I do love it on Tortos. I'm on bitch turtle killing duty, so I throw up MFing-RoF and spam CB's. Quick CB's are great whenever you don't have to worry about incins to build. Still, I'd gladly throw it away for a more character sheet friendly proc.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Medieve View Post
    I honest to god detest the VP trinket to my very core when playing Destro
    Me and you both. I wish I'd never purchased it. My guild runs a loot council and there are a few people who still dont have 2x 522 trinkets yet, and as I got cha-ye's last week i'm gonna have to wait. It's a catch 22 situation as I'd like to play my demo offspec a bit more, but without UVLS it's still simming a good 7k behind destro, but having 2x 522 trinkets means there are others who will obtain UVLS over me for sure.

Wushoolays is perhaps my only reliable option as nobody else wants that, but then I'll be shoehorned into destruction for sure.

I have a question about chaos bolt usage. Now I know we're supposed to use it with procs and etc. But I'd like to know if I should cast chaos bolt when I have only one proc or should I only wait for multiple procs. I'm sure I'd want to cast it with a trinket like Cha-Ye's because it gives me about 7k intellect, but would I cast if I had only say a jade spirit proc?

Deleted
    What would you say is best for supremacy destruction, 502 cha-ye's or the valor trinket

Deleted
    the valor trinket ahould be the better choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotscom1 View Post
    I have a question about chaos bolt usage. Now I know we're supposed to use it with procs and etc. But I'd like to know if I should cast chaos bolt when I have only one proc or should I only wait for multiple procs. I'm sure I'd want to cast it with a trinket like Cha-Ye's because it gives me about 7k intellect, but would I cast if I had only say a jade spirit proc?
    Well, if you are at let's say 30-35 ember bits and you have something procced, like Jade Spirit, go ahead and throw a Chaos Bolt. Chances are your other trinkets won't procc that fast.

The sad thing with RPPM trinkets is that you have no idea when it's gonna proc so planning ahead is harder now.

Do whatever you can not to get ember capped, and if that means throwing a Chaos Bolt with no proccs up, then yeah, throw that Chaos Bolt! It still deals quite good damage.

Firstly, I want to thank Brusalk for making this great guide and to everybody contributing to this thread

My guild is currently trying to kill Council of Elders 25hc and was wondering if you guys could give me some pointers as to how to tackle this fight as Destro.

Currently I am using GoSac for it and full mastery reforges and gems (eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Zliashadow/advanced). I am spamming Chaos Bolts and the occasional Shadowburn but I feel my dps is lacking since, at my best atempts, I was pulling around 160k dps by the time Sul is dying (we are going for him first).

I would really appreciate any tips you can give me

Somewhat new to destro, and before I ask, I have read this guide multiple times so I can somewhat understand what hes talking about :P

For heroic ji-kun nests.

I decided to go destro on this fight due to the fact that ember's are more reliable than shards, and I didn't want to ever get caught with my pants down shardless before a nest. After progressing it for the first time last night, I'm wondering how everyone is doing the rotation on that platform.

Are you starting right off the bat with fnb immo into fnb conflag fnb incin with rof ticking? Or are you just using fnb immo and spamming chaos bolts on the guardian with rof ticking? How are you using havoc? Are you havocing a high hp target when the guardian starts to get low and then shadowburning onto it or are you havocing at the beginning of the platform for more initial dps?

Thanks all in advance <3