High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please buff our already-super-strong AoE !
    Surutcra@EU-Hyjal (Arcturus#2484)

10+ Year Old Account
    What are Destruction's haste points?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmbryant91 View Post
    What are Destruction's haste points?

I believe Immolate gets an extra tick during bloodlust at 4192 and 10437 and without lust at 10124.

That being said they are just about irrelevant. If only conflag still scaled with immolate damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    You'd probably be better off using the Megaera strat, as it is the most optimal way to spend Havoc charges for increasing single target damage.
    I would agree with you, if I would actually damage the Dino spirit with my spells. You use that "megaera-strat" to extend immolate as much as possible because you get the most embers out of it. On the Dino spirit though, there won't be any immolate ticking that can be extended with fel flame. The copied spells only serve the purpose of knocking back the spirit.
    So the best thing to do is to cleave your normal single target rotation with enough time inbetween the copied spells, so it gets knocked back every time. Do NOT copy a Chaos Bolt, as it knocks back only once.

IF I was better off using the Megaera strat on Horridon and the spirit, that would imply that using fel flame to extend immolate in a single target scenario is always the best thing to do.

So, Over the weekend, i used simcraft to sim my character. I ended up with values of haste = 2.34 mastery =2.24 crit= 2.19. (Which is against what askmrrobot tells me to use). But basically these numbers are essentially so close as to be the same. So if they are that close to each other, should i be looking at the flat percentages? for instance, i could redo my stats, and lose 5% of crit in exchange for 15% of mastery, should i do that, or is that 5% of crit pretty much the equivilent of 15% mastery? I tried playing with my stats this weekend and ran an LFR and didnt see a lot of difference in my dps, so i may have answered my own question, but this just seems odd.

I'm looking for tips on H Primordius (10). Just keep up RoF and spam Chaos Bolts?

10+ Year Old Account
    So for GoSup I should reforge like this?

Hit Cap -> Then reforge the most useless state (crit/hit that pushes me over) into haste or mastery (whichever isn't on the gear).

Quote Originally Posted by Wyand1337 View Post
    I would agree with you, if I would actually damage the Dino spirit with my spells. You use that "megaera-strat" to extend immolate as much as possible because you get the most embers out of it. On the Dino spirit though, there won't be any immolate ticking that can be extended with fel flame. The copied spells only serve the purpose of knocking back the spirit.
    So the best thing to do is to cleave your normal single target rotation with enough time inbetween the copied spells, so it gets knocked back every time. Do NOT copy a Chaos Bolt, as it knocks back only once.

IF I was better off using the Megaera strat on Horridon and the spirit, that would imply that using fel flame to extend immolate in a single target scenario is always the best thing to do.
    AFAIK the dino spirit can be dotted.

I may be wrong though, I haven't been in on that fight in like 3-4 weeks since I don't need any gear from it.

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 08:11 AM ----------

So for GoSup I should reforge like this?

Hit Cap -> Then reforge the most useless state (crit/hit that pushes me over) into haste or mastery (whichever isn't on the gear).
    If you're going pure single target, you should go haste if you have RPPM trinkets, or haste/crit if you don't.

10+ Year Old Account

I may be wrong though, I haven't been in on that fight in like 3-4 weeks since I don't need any gear from it.

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 08:11 AM ----------

If you're going pure single target, you should go haste if you have RPPM trinkets, or haste/crit if you don't.
    I have 1. Should I still go haste/crit or is having 1 enough for haste?

Deleted
    Is the influence of haste on RPPM trinkets so big that it can impact stats weights ?
    I'm sure you already did a simulation on Simcraft along the lines of "how much uptime I gain by having 5% more haste"

Deleted

I may be wrong though, I haven't been in on that fight in like 3-4 weeks since I don't need any gear from it.[COLOR="red"]
    I just went through combatlogs and never saw any actual damage done to the spirit. Therefore I concluded, that the spells don't really hit the spirit and don't generate emberbits either, especially immolate without any critting dot-ticks.

Anyway.. using havoc on the spirit in the final phase is worth it, as it saves you a lot of time. You save 75% of the otherwise necessary CoE-casts.

The spells definitely hit the spirit and do damage. Wasted damage, mind you, but it definitely generates more ember bits if you have the spirit dotted and under ROF.

Ideally, you summon your pet in the phase of Horridon and do some target switching to keep it away. The imp is the best bet.

10+ Year Old Account

Eh, I'm so confused..

I Simcrafted my Lock, plugged everything into Reforgelite and it's telling me to go Crit/Mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Curious on how others handle shadowburn during execute phases to maximize damage (single target). I usually just spam them, unless I see that my CD's are going to be up then I try to conserve them for the CD. Any suggestions?? Some may have better approaches. Sometimes I feel like I use them too fast, but not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtlocker View Post
    Curious on how others handle shadowburn during execute phases to maximize damage (single target). I usually just spam them, unless I see that my CD's are going to be up then I try to conserve them for the CD. Any suggestions?? Some may have better approaches. Sometimes I feel like I use them too fast, but not sure.
    Treat shadowburn the same way you treat chaos bolt: make sure you don't cap on embers, but otherwise wait until you have procs stacked to dump them. Just spamming unbuffed shadowburns as soon as the target hits 20% isn't how to maximize your DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Is the influence of haste on RPPM trinkets so big that it can impact stats weights ?
    I'm sure you already did a simulation on Simcraft along the lines of "how much uptime I gain by having 5% more haste"
    Haste vs Crit is so close that RPPM is alone enough to make haste just a tiny bit better. :P

I haven't tried any sims of 1 RPPM trinket though. I'll do that as soon as I can.

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 11:03 AM ----------

Eh, I'm so confused..

I Simcrafted my Lock, plugged everything into Reforgelite and it's telling me to go Crit/Mastery.
    As always, a general rule is general. If simc is telling you crit/mastery is better then it probably is.

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 11:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wyand1337 View Post
    I just went through combatlogs and never saw any actual damage done to the spirit. Therefore I concluded, that the spells don't really hit the spirit and don't generate emberbits either, especially immolate without any critting dot-ticks.

Anyway.. using havoc on the spirit in the final phase is worth it, as it saves you a lot of time. You save 75% of the otherwise necessary CoE-casts.
    95% sure that the combat log just doesn't report Dino damage. I know for a fact that keeping RoF up on both boss + dino gives me way more embers than just on boss.

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 11:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gremory1 View Post
    Treat shadowburn the same way you treat chaos bolt: make sure you don't cap on embers, but otherwise wait until you have procs stacked to dump them. Just spamming unbuffed shadowburns as soon as the target hits 20% isn't how to maximize your DPS.
    This is exactly correct.

However, you should aim to cast as many shadowburns with your strongest procs up. This may mean you don't blow all your embers on your BotH proc, and instead wait for if BoTH+Wush is up, or even just the last 2 stacks fo Wush.

Last night i was in an LFR doing twin consorts and i noticed something really odd.

I was doing standard destro-ish things, and noticed that for some reason my embers were filling at an amazing rate. So i started chaos bolting, and got a good 10 of them off in a row before it decided to finally ran down. This fight has only 2 targets, and i wasnt even immolating both of them, just RoF. anyone else had this happen during this fight? was it one of the statue buffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    Last night i was in an LFR doing twin consorts and i noticed something really odd.

I was doing standard destro-ish things, and noticed that for some reason my embers were filling at an amazing rate. So i started chaos bolting, and got a good 10 of them off in a row before it decided to finally ran down. This fight has only 2 targets, and i wasnt even immolating both of them, just RoF. anyone else had this happen during this fight? was it one of the statue buffs?
    Did you fel-flame ever? All I can think of is that you managed to find another bug that they supposedly fixed, where you could get a ghost immolate. 10 chaos bolts is like 18-25 seconds of Immo, which seems possible if there was a ghost immolate ticking.

No, i definately didnt fel flame, the only 'ghost' immolate i could think of, and im not really sure when in the fight it was, is if i immolated the first sister, and we were in the second phase, when she fades away and your on the second sister.

Deleted
    kinda difficult to find out why when all the info we get is "my embers were filling at an amazing rate".

and the immolate bug was fixed, sadly but as brusalk said, it could sound like a similar bug, or maybe you just had amazing luck with embers from a fully hasted (BL and meta gem) RoF.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-04-29 at 11:08 PM.