Page 7 of 198 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed Brusalk is running Mastery ~= Crit > Haste and Zum is running Mastery>>Haste>Crit.

Question for both of you: Are these your normal Destro reforges or are these fight-specific reforges.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    This is me reforging for GoSup Destro in 5.2 :

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    ^^^

I'm totally with you on this. I'm reading a lot of info and it seems the more information I come across from other sites is just confusing me even more. Compared to what you guys got from your sim and what's On ivy-veins I'm getting this from them: haste breakpoint (of 4247) >mastery= crit. Then there is the handy breakdown:

Single target fights: Crit >= Haste > Mastery[/B] (Haste becomes better than crit at higher ilvls)
    Two-target fights: Haste > Crit >(=) Mastery[/B]
    AoE fights : Mastery >>> Haste > Crit

BUT...Since I'm going with GoSup I should be going with the Haste>mastery=crit? And When I armory both Zum and Brusalk for ideas on how to gem/reforge (great gear guys I'm Jelly ;D) Get more conflicting info..lol. But so far from what I can tell I was going with the Mastery>haste>crit and been beating out the other 2 aff locks in my guild which one of them out gears me. So among the 1st question, Should I hold off gemming for INT until above 510+il and stick with the GoSup stat priority or go with two target stats being most of the fights in ToT have more that 1 add or so? I'm sure there is more testing to be done.

Deleted
    I just go with Haste -> Crit -> Mastery and GoSup for most fights.

Seems nice but it feels like I'm starting to cast too fast to keep up. My haste is raidbuffed at like 22.00%.

Thinking of going like 18% haste -> Crit -> Mastery. Bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    LOL.

I've been trying LOTS of different setups over the past few days and raid nights, and in general I've found my current reforge setup to be the best for single target. That is, Getting haste/crit roughly even at the expense of mastery (See my post a few pages back with the two reforge plots of mastery vs haste vs crit.)

For multitarget fights, mastery is obviously going to pull ahead significantly, and on fights where I will spend a lot of time chaos bolting or shadowburning, I'm planning on switching to Sacrifice and putting everything into mastery.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going with Haste=Mastery > Crit myself, and trying to keep the two evenish. There's just so much native crit on gear that I feel comfortable reforging out of it to get more spell casts out that doesn't severely gimp me single target, but is flexible enough to play with a comfortable lead in multi-target. I'm probably wrong, but I'm only seeing about 2k difference at most between this reforge and the optimal for single target, and this is far better for multi-target. 2 target it seems a wash in practice, although I don't have enough information at my fingertips to say that definitively. Seems like the best reforge so far if you're interested in saving reforge monies.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most helpful Zum! I raid best when I am laughing and happy!
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    Going with roughly equal crit and haste.Works better for single target from my personal opinion although therycrafters suggest different things.I value haste bit stronger than crit if i am runing with Sup.Heavy aoe i put everything into mastery , including gems and reforges.i would personaly want to thank Bru for this lovely guide though , it is currently my new bible until i will be able to do my own sims and theoryC.'s.good luck all on current tier , especially fellow warlocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    While accurate and appropriate we don't usually allow memes on the site. I'll allow it this time, cause you at least put in 1 sentence and it's appropriate to the discussion at hand, but be aware that similar actions will usually get you infracted if it's not part of a bigger more informative post. Coming from you, Zumzum, and your usually informative posts, I'll let this one slide.

Deleted
    At what point would you break the 4-set for Destro? Having 496 gloves and 500 headpiece, these sweet-looking 522 tier pieces start to seem really valuable on their own. Would it be advised breaking the 4-set though?

Deleted
    While accurate and appropriate we don't usually allow memes on the site. I'll allow it this time, cause you at least put in 1 sentence and it's appropriate to the discussion at hand, but be aware that similar actions will usually get you infracted if it's not part of a bigger more informative post. Coming from you, Zumzum, and your usually informative posts, I'll let this one slide.
    Oh sorry ! My point really was that I don't know what I'm doing with my reforges :x (and I don't seem to be the only one )
    Even worse for trinkets choice...

Deleted
    Oh sorry ! My point really was that I don't know what I'm doing with my reforges :x (and I don't seem to be the only one )
    I do not see a scenario in wich the valor trinket would be usefull at least, especially with haste build.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tremenda View Post
    I do not see a scenario in wich the valor trinket would be usefull at least, especially with haste build.
    ATM i have LoTC which just seems to never proc. maybe its just cos im used to aff where it procs as soon as the ICD is up, but thats why im thinking about getting the VP trink.

Got the Breath of Hydra trinket tonight and am curious as to what slot to put it in... Replace Relic or Heroic LotC, both upgraded 2/2? And also it's on the RPPM crap right? So I can't track the internal cd of it?

Deleted
    Nezyt,do you still remember what build u had for your durumu kill ? (the amount of haste rating u went with , im more interested than the rest of them )
    Last edited by mmocf1094b9d96; 2013-03-12 at 08:20 AM. Reason: typo

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    is immolate used purely for ember generation? im asking because im curious about in a situation where there are adds up but we are trying to maximise single target dps, if we drop RoF on the adds and are generating enough embers to use chaos bolt/shadowburn as our filler spell, is it worth keeping immolate on the target?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    is immolate used purely for ember generation? im asking because im curious about in a situation where there are adds up but we are trying to maximise single target dps, if we drop RoF on the adds and are generating enough embers to use chaos bolt/shadowburn as our filler spell, is it worth keeping immolate on the target?
    Yes, cast Immolate on the target too, as your Rain of Fire will do 50% more damage on immolated targets, and Immolate as of now is quite good.

Immolate was, in 5.1, good to cast if it would tick 2 times. Now I'm not sure as it was buffed by 20% (I think).

And about LoTC, be sure to keep a Rain of Fire up for when the trinkets ICD is off. That way it will proc fast.

I've just gone against the system and stayed sac/mastery. Only done a few fights but I try to maximize my ember usage and it seems to work ok. I figure our specialty is cleaving with ember abilities so try to buff that as much as possible. Realize it probably puts me at the bottom of the simcraft dps pile, but in my raid group I've been near the top so I'm happy .

I also can't make a decision regarding trinkets.... what weights would you guys give to the various trinkets for a sac/mastery build?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I thought that was incredibly informative. It shows just how lost he really is. Really drives the point home.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemie View Post
    Yes, cast Immolate on the target too, as your Rain of Fire will do 50% more damage on immolated targets, and Immolate as of now is quite good.

Immolate was, in 5.1, good to cast if it would tick 2 times. Now I'm not sure as it was buffed by 20% (I think).

And about LoTC, be sure to keep a Rain of Fire up for when the trinkets ICD is off. That way it will proc fast.
    rain of fire did actually occur to me shortly after i posted this! hopefully that will be a decent dps buff. but now i have the question of whether it is worth replacing relic 2/2 or normal LoTC 2/2 with the VP trink?

and also, should i go for the lei shen trinket? i know its amazing for demo which i also play, but if it is terrible for destro i wont get it since i dont wanna spend my EPGP on 3 trinkets for 2 specs

also, do you feel that there is a minimum amount of crit needed to keep ember generation above a certain level?
    and i heard today that at 5% haste (10% with raid buff) hero+backdraft will cause incinerate to go below 1sec cast, is this true and if so does that mean we should try not to go above that amount of haste?

sorry for all the questions, playing destro for the first time and trying to get it figured before raid!
    Last edited by Viggers; 2013-03-12 at 02:23 PM.