Its frequent ticks help to draw out procs for big Chaos bolts and to generate fast embers to get a third Chaos bolt off during your big proc window.

Quote Originally Posted by pwntus95 View Post
    You probably anwsered this already like three times in this thread, but couldn't find anything so here it goes:
    Why are you using RoF in your starting rotation, before the procs and CDs? If you're using it, shouldn't it be better to buff it with everything you can get?
    The damage of RoF is not the relevant factor, why you use it. (In fact the spell itself deals less damage/mana than Incinerate.)
    The high tick frequency and ember generation is the real reason. It helps a lot to get early trinket procs and more embers to use within the first Dark Soul phase.
    See this spell as the possibility to make mastery more valuable, because it shifts your damage more to ember consuming spells.

Quote Originally Posted by pwntus95 View Post
    You probably anwsered this already like three times in this thread, but couldn't find anything so here it goes:
    Why are you using RoF in your starting rotation, before the procs and CDs? If you're using it, shouldn't it be better to buff it with everything you can get?
    To help proc LotC - RoF counts as a DoT (in combination with Immolate)...they are the only things can could proc it (outside of GoSac Chaos Bolt).

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone list relevant trinkets and their values? Literally cant find any info on them ( or any BIS list for that matter ) anywhere, to busy irl to really work on one myself at this time sadly.

Can someone list relevant trinkets and their values? Literally cant find any info on them ( or any BIS list for that matter ) anywhere, to busy irl to really work on one myself at this time sadly. x2, need a lsit

Quote Originally Posted by trollingisokayhere View Post
    Can someone list relevant trinkets and their values? Literally cant find any info on them ( or any BIS list for that matter ) anywhere, to busy irl to really work on one myself at this time sadly. x2, need a lsit
    Icy-veins.com has an updated post on trinket values.
    http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...lock-trinkets/

I miss when I had the energy to use simcraft/chardev/wowreforge together to sim theoretical versions of my character.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I miss when I had the energy to use simcraft/chardev/wowreforge together to sim theoretical versions of my character.
    Well with Thunderforged items that's a bit useless anyway, I think, since you'll mostly pick thunderforged pieces over "normal" best items anyway. And you have no control over if they drop for you or not, while there's at least some reasonable assumption possible you can get a "normal" piece with time. ("normal" being non-thunderforged, not normal mode)

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well with Thunderforged items that's a bit useless anyway, I think, since you'll mostly pick thunderforged pieces over "normal" best items anyway. And you have no control over if they drop for you or not, while there's at least some reasonable assumption possible you can get a "normal" piece with time. ("normal" being non-thunderforged, not normal mode)
    I wouldn't even bother with Thunderforged unless I actually got my hands on one. Mostly I'm considering where to spend my bonus rolls -- Council or Megaera or however it's spelled, regarding a trinket. It's gonna be a while before we're on Animus and quite a while before Lei Shen (I'm talking normal modes even).

I guess my biggest problem is to consider whether I'll stay Destro or go back Afflic. Even with Destro supposedly better at my gear level I found I'm doing less -- so I'm not sure of whether it's a matter of spec familiarity (I'm much better at Afflic than anything else), so I dunno. Back in Cat I could do very well with all three specs, so I dunno what the problem is here.

I might give it a couple weeks and see if I can turn it up a notch as Destro before reverting.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Does anyone have suggestions, preferably with macros, for Havoc on Horridon? I was just using a /tar focus on Horridon so I could cleave whilst killing adds, but apparently that rankles some jimmies.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    Does anyone have suggestions, preferably with macros, for Havoc on Horridon? I was just using a /tar focus on Horridon so I could cleave whilst killing adds, but apparently that rankles some jimmies.
    I just use a mouseover:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Havoc
    /cast [target=mouseover] Havoc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    A best in slot is best in slot, if its thunderforged or not id really like to have a BIS list, those "thunderforged" over "normal" best items can be simcrafted quickly when/if the occasion arrises, but I would love to have a flat out "This is the best in slot" list to base my loot decisions on. If anyone has this, it would be greatly GREATLY appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    I just use a mouseover:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Havoc
    /cast [target=mouseover] Havoc
    Thanks, I'll try that out.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    A best in slot is best in slot, if its thunderforged or not id really like to have a BIS list, those "thunderforged" over "normal" best items can be simcrafted quickly when/if the occasion arrises, but I would love to have a flat out "This is the best in slot" list to base my loot decisions on. If anyone has this, it would be greatly GREATLY appreciated.
    Yeah, but it's well possible that your "normal" BiS is a Haste/Mastery item, but you can actually get your hands on a Thunderforged Crit/Hit one. This comepletely changes everything else as well. BiS is a collection that toghether is the best you can get, while seperate pieces might not actually sim out as the best for that slot individually.

Anyway, I haven't looked, but SimC should use a profile they think is BiS for Destro, might that not be a good starting point?

I'm not amazing with Simcraft, but I'm wondering if anyone has tweaked the APL to make better use of when they Chaos Bolt in order to try to CB only with Int trinket procs and/or Dark Soul. I know there's a way to do that but I'm not sure how to put a line in with multiple conditionals.

This could shift the stat priority significantly and even maybe even Grimoire priority entirely. I'll look into it next week if nobody has by then.

Deleted
    With our stats being so close to each other i don't think there is anything like BIS list. I just go for ilvl, the higher, the better. That doesnt apply to trinkets ofc.

Deleted
    Brusalk has shared three amazing macros on Heroic Horridon in this thread

1) #showtooltip Havoc
    /cast [@focus,harm,nodead]Havoc

requires Horridon as focus target

2) #showtooltip
    /cleartarget
    /tar direhorn
    /cast [exists]Curse of the Elements
    /targetlasttarget

means you can just knock the add back without having the facing requirement. Another tactic would be to use the Fel Imp and set it on the add permanently.

3) #showtooltip Shadowburn
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists] Shadowburn; Shadowburn

to swiftly shadowburn those low HP adds. I added a ;Shadowburn to that macro if I am having troubles mouseovering the correct one but I somehow managed to target another

This is mine:
    Code:
    /focus [mod:shift,@focus,noexists][mod:shift,@focus,dead]
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus][nomod,@mouseover,exists,harm][] Havoc

Got a specific question about Wuusholay's and chaos bolts. Do you want to cast chaos bolt when you are at 10 stacks electrified, and it will "keep" the int buff, or do you have to time chaos bolt to hit the target at 10 stacks to get the full buff?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Active8 View Post
    Got a specific question about Wuusholay's and chaos bolts. Do you want to cast chaos bolt when you are at 10 stacks electrified, and it will "keep" the int buff, or do you have to time chaos bolt to hit the target at 10 stacks to get the full buff?
    You can cast it at 10 stacks, if the Chaos Bolt is cast at 10 stacks and lands when your buff is gone, the Chaos Bolt will still act as if it was at 10 stacks.

I treat my Wushoolay as if it was a Dark Soul, perfect trinket when you don't use T14 4-piece.