10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, I'll have to remember that for next week

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yalin View Post
    Same goes goes to poor felhunter. A do like that pup and his supremacy counterpart is absolutely horrible.
    yea so true I wish blizzard would add a minor glyph which gives u back the old demons even when using GoSup

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selaiah View Post
    yea so true I wish blizzard would add a minor glyph which gives u back the old demons even when using GoSup
    Might be a bit hard to implement with new abbilities that pets get from supremacy and the fact that wrathguard dualwields but i would very much welcome that glyph. There is sth srsly wrong with wrathguard, shivara and observer. They dont even look demonic to me, just grotesque.

Deleted
    I doubt they would do that, I guess your demons are supposed to be easily recognizable by your opponents in PvP.

They also said they don't want to create glyphs that are specific to one talent.

Deleted
    I have a littel question regarding Megaera and how to increase important damage.
    Or how to increase ember generation while not padding insanely much.

What i am trying to do so far.
    CoE + Immolate always on the main target
    dumping embers only on the main target
    fillers only on main target
    for ember generation:
    RoF up as much as possible on the main target, if two heads are in range on both (red+blue / blue+green)
    Havoc on CD with immolate + 2 filler

So the main point i struggle is the havoc. What spells should i cleave on the 2.nd head?
    CB and SB are obiously useless in terms of important damage
    Incinerate and Conflagrate seem to be the way to go for at least 2 charges
    Immolate seems important but it increases the RoF damage
    (if Immolated havoc) Fel Flame, ember generation like incinerate + 2 ticks for Immo

if i try to do some math on it (assuming average critchance raidbuffed = 25%)
    Incinerate / Conflagrate grant 1+critchance embers = 1,25
    Immolate grants 8xcritchance embers = 2
    FF (1+critchance)+(2xcritchance)=1,75

With DS up (Critchance 55%)
    Incinerate / Conflagrate grant 1+critchance embers = 1,55
    Immolate grants 8xcritchance embers = 4,4
    FF (1+critchance)+(2xcritchance)=2,65

Immolate generates more embers per execute, new question. would it be better to maintain immolate on both targets?
    If i check these numbers it seems to be very efficient to use the havoc for immolate + 2 fel flames (without overextending pandemic)
    Roration:
    Havoc the offtarget
    Immolate on maintarget
    CB on maintarget
    FF on main target
    FF on main target

i know FF has high mana cost, but maybe the increased ember generation makes it worth it.

What do you guys think about that Havoc problem?

I use my Havocs on an Immolate and a Conflag or two or an Incinerate or two. Its pretty easy to keep ROF hitting both targets also. Helps with Embers. Not the worst padding. I use Havoc to generate Embers and pump the Ember consumers into the head we are killing.

On that fight the DK in my crew is always chiding me that he sees locks doing so much damage on this fight. I try to explain...

Our Raid leader is funny. He gets stern when people pad but then he compares our numbers to players who are clearly padding.

Hello guys!! I'm new here to this forum, I've been playing wow for 5 years, and this is the first time in my whole life as a warlock that i have something that confuses me....
    About priority of stats: This forums said:
    MMO: Haste==Crit > Mastery
    Icy veins: Crit>haste>mastery
    Noxxic: Crit>haste>mastery
    Maxdps: crit>mastery>haste (i don't trust this one not much)

all of them have in common that mastery is the less important, but for pets as a destru that stat is the most important, so u can't balance that.
    I've checked the top dps in WoLogs, and some Destruwarlocks have reforged all to Mastery, and some of them to haste... what should i do??
    This is my armory, should i do what mr robot says?: ww w. askmrrobot . com/wow/gear/usa/quel'thalas/zephonix
    (also, this page says that i make more dps as a affli, but i've make a lot of simscraft and destru's better)

thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Eierdotter View Post
    I have a littel question regarding Megaera and how to increase important damage.
    Or how to increase ember generation while not padding insanely much.

What i am trying to do so far.
    CoE + Immolate always on the main target
    dumping embers only on the main target
    fillers only on main target
    for ember generation:
    RoF up as much as possible on the main target, if two heads are in range on both (red+blue / blue+green)
    Havoc on CD with immolate + 2 filler

So the main point i struggle is the havoc. What spells should i cleave on the 2.nd head?
    CB and SB are obiously useless in terms of important damage
    Incinerate and Conflagrate seem to be the way to go for at least 2 charges
    Immolate seems important but it increases the RoF damage
    (if Immolated havoc) Fel Flame, ember generation like incinerate + 2 ticks for Immo

Incinerate / Conflagrate grant 1+critchance embers = 1,25
    Immolate grants 8xcritchance embers = 2
    FF (1+critchance)+(2xcritchance)=1,75

Incinerate / Conflagrate grant 1+critchance embers = 1,55
    Immolate grants 8xcritchance embers = 4,4
    FF (1+critchance)+(2xcritchance)=2,65

Immolate generates more embers per execute, new question. would it be better to maintain immolate on both targets?
    If i check these numbers it seems to be very efficient to use the havoc for immolate + 2 fel flames (without overextending pandemic)
    Roration:
    Havoc the offtarget
    Immolate on maintarget
    CB on maintarget
    FF on main target
    FF on main target

i know FF has high mana cost, but maybe the increased ember generation makes it worth it.

What do you guys think about that Havoc problem?
    People will always complain that you're meter padding on that fight. (Also, if you use MF you can hit Venom+Arcane head) There's no reason to nerf your own single target damage in order to appease those that don't understand why you're doing it.

I'm going to do some numbers of my own because I don't entirely get where your numbers are coming from:

Situation:
    • What 3 spells give the most Embers per Cast (EpC)?
    • Player has Critical Strike Chance of C.

Possibilities:
    • Immolate
    • Incinerate/Conflag/Fel Flame
    • CoE

Immolate
    Expected Ember Gain for 1 cast of t ticks:
    t=5: 5*C
    t=6: 6*C
    t=7: 7*C

Incinerate/Conflag/Fel Flame
    Expected Ember Gain for 1 cast:
    t=1: 1+C

In the above graph you can see that what's best depends on 2 things. First is how many ticks of Immolate there is (how much haste you have), and how much crit you have. That said, here's the results:

• Under 15% crit Incinerate is always best
    • Immolate t=5 is better than Incinerate at 25% crit chance
    • Immolate t=6 is better than Incinerate at ~20% crit chance
    • Immolate t=7 is better than Incinerate at ~15% crit chance

In general, gaining an extra tick of Immolate reduces the amount of crit you need for an Immolate to be better than an Incinerate by 5%.

My Conclusion: Immolate followed by 2 Fel Flames (pushing the Immolate up to full pandemic duration) is the best option for EpC

The very best thing that you can do is download simcraft and learn to use it. There are some excellent guides here on how to use it and how to apply what you learn from it.
    Stats vary wildly with gear, play style and from fight to fight.

Look at your own logs, see what constitutes most of your damage. Then figure out the best way to boost that play style.

Play with the global settings to see what changes on different fights.

CDShaiders trick on adding/removing stats on your shirt to quickly try different set ups was enormously helpful. You can find the video from the stickied index on this forum.

@ Brusalk: Good to know. Ty.
    Last edited by Grizelda; 2013-04-02 at 02:59 PM.

My guild's currently working on Horridon/Ji kun. We've been having issues with the doors on Horridon. I reforge mastery for the fight and use MF, GoSup Fel Imp. I keep my imp on Horridon until my Dino spawns. Then I just swap him between knocking back my dino and dpsing Horridon. The main problem we're having besides stupid deaths is that the adds don't seem to melt down to well. I keep RoF on every target pretty easily, and then try to keep up FnB immo, conflag, and incinerate on the adds when there are 5 or more. I use my embers to nuke down the main kill target, while trying to save some to SB as much as possible. I tend to use havoc more to burn down the adds that need to die rather than using it on Horridon. We've also had our feral druid off tanking rather than dpsing due to the absence of our DK. He's had some issues keeping the adds grouped so that doesn't help.

Basically I'm just looking for some tips to help but I'm fairly certain I'm already doing as much as I can. I already grabbed the mouse-over macro's from the previous pages and they've helped a ton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    People will always complain that you're meter padding on that fight. (Also, if you use MF you can hit Venom+Arcane head) There's no reason to nerf your own single target damage in order to appease those that don't understand why you're doing it.

I'm going to do some numbers of my own because I don't entirely get where your numbers are coming from:

Situation:
    • What 3 spells give the most Embers per Cast (EpC)?
    • Player has Critical Strike Chance of C.

Possibilities:
    • Immolate
    • Incinerate/Conflag/Fel Flame
    • CoE

Immolate
    Expected Ember Gain for 1 cast of t ticks:
    t=5: 5*C
    t=6: 6*C
    t=7: 7*C

Incinerate/Conflag/Fel Flame
    Expected Ember Gain for 1 cast:
    t=1: 1+C

In the above graph you can see that what's best depends on 2 things. First is how many ticks of Immolate there is (how much haste you have), and how much crit you have. That said, here's the results:

• Under 15% crit Incinerate is always best
    • Immolate t=5 is better than Incinerate at 25% crit chance
    • Immolate t=6 is better than Incinerate at ~20% crit chance
    • Immolate t=7 is better than Incinerate at ~15% crit chance

In general, gaining an extra tick of Immolate reduces the amount of crit you need for an Immolate to be better than an Incinerate by 5%.

My Conclusion: Immolate followed by 2 Fel Flames (pushing the Immolate up to full pandemic duration) is the best option for EpC
    Ok, good so we came to the same conclusion about that topic.
    As long as my raid leader does not see a cleaved CB i am kinda safe with my padding.

i have to correct my first post with the numbers, since i got the wrong hastebreakpoint (8 instead of 6 ticks, the point i confused everyone)
    ranking of spells is still the same, but the gap is not that big.
    for the numbers i assumed everyone reaches at least 25% crit and the 10%ish hastebreakpoint with raidbuffs

Quote Originally Posted by Eierdotter corrected
    Incinerate / Conflagrate grant 1+ critchance = 1,25 embers
    Immolate grants 6x critchance = 1,5 embers
    FF (1+critchance)+(2x critchance)=1,75 embers (FF hit + 2 immo ticks)

Incinerate / Conflagrate grant 1+ critchance = 1,55 embers
    Immolate grants 6x critchance = 3,3 embers
    FF (1+ critchance)+(2x critchance)=2,65 embers (FF hit+ 2 Immo ticks)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoxic View Post
    My guild's currently working on Horridon/Ji kun. We've been having issues with the doors on Horridon. I reforge mastery for the fight and use MF, GoSup Fel Imp. I keep my imp on Horridon until my Dino spawns. Then I just swap him between knocking back my dino and dpsing Horridon. The main problem we're having besides stupid deaths is that the adds don't seem to melt down to well. I keep RoF on every target pretty easily, and then try to keep up FnB immo, conflag, and incinerate on the adds when there are 5 or more. I use my embers to nuke down the main kill target, while trying to save some to SB as much as possible. I tend to use havoc more to burn down the adds that need to die rather than using it on Horridon. We've also had our feral druid off tanking rather than dpsing due to the absence of our DK. He's had some issues keeping the adds grouped so that doesn't help.

Basically I'm just looking for some tips to help but I'm fairly certain I'm already doing as much as I can. I already grabbed the mouse-over macro's from the previous pages and they've helped a ton.
    Use CoE to knock back the Dino - it's only a 0.5 sec global for Destro and and it'll let you keep your imp on your kill target (or go sac spec).

For Magaera, just have someone with a clue look at damage meters to judge. Mouseover each player and adjust their dps down by the % done to the irrelevant head (easy if you ignore Frost like most groups). For me as Destro, usually 12%ish of my dps is on the Frost head via Havok and RoF.

Great Guide,
    Im bouncing around with differnt guides seeing how I can improve my over all DPS. Im not doing terrible, but I KNOW I could be doing better and want to improve. That being said, I want to understand all that everyone has to offer, so im asking this simple question about stats.

Single Target:

Grimoire/Pet DPS Priority
    Sup/Observer 172596 Mastery == Haste > Crit
    Serv/Felhunter 172349 Haste == Mastery > Crit
    Serv/Succubus 172310 Haste > Mastery > Crit
    Sup/Voidlord 172253 Haste > Mastery > Crit
    Sup/Shivarra 172233 Haste == Mastery > Crit
    Serv/Voidwalker 171961 Haste > Mastery > Crit
    Sup/Fel Imp 171057 Haste > Mastery > Crit
    Serv/Imp 170912 Haste > Mastery > Crit
    Sacrifice 164203 Mastery > Crit == Haste
    Ilvl 495 with ZERO (FML) tier bonuses. I use Grimsup. does this mean I should be more interested in Gemming haste/mastery and less into Crit? If so, Im all sorts of outa wack.
    Thanks!

Love the discussion going on here, just thought id pop in and say on what fights im using destro and how I like them. Bare in mind im only 5/13 HC so I can only comment on the HC fights ive actually done/attempted.

Jin Rok: Loving destro here - try to save embers for when your in the pool with the buff. I find at the start of the fight I can cast 2-3 CB's with trinket procs up and still get to near enough 4 embers by the time the pool spawns. (I use Sac here simply because more dmg is reliant on Chaos bolt, because of the dmg multiplier)

Horridon: Manaroths fury here is super awesome. If u can kite the Fixated direhorn in the right path, you can use FnB to aoe all the add's + knock it back. you have so many embers you can chaos bolt and shadowburn all over the place. its fun. (I use Sac here, so much Sburning/chaos bolting)

Council: Havnt done council hc yet and probably intend to play afflic there.

Tortos Hc: play afflic sometimes for the 70% slow if I am only lock or there is only 2 of us and not 3+. As destro havoc chaos bolts on turtles when they spawn, rain of fire and FnB immolate bats when they spawn. Just keep RoF on bats while spamming chaos bolts on turtles, if u can try and squeze some sburns especially Havoc Sburns from the bats onto turtles/boss. Another nice tip for tortos hc is to use soul link. I will be making a seperate thread soon to go into this in more detail :P.

Megeara HC: Manaroths fury means u can cover everything in RoF, havoc Sburns, spam chaos bolts, gg?.

Ji Kun HC: So much fun as destro, try to save embers/dark soul for when you will have the 100% dmg buff from boss, rain of fire on your platform and do a FnB Immolate and a few incinerates, then finish them all off with Sburns . (Use Sac cus pets are buggy here and also you do ALOT of sburning)

Drummu: Have not done on HC yet, seems like demo will be a bit better here tho.

Primordius HC: Have not killed yet, Note the imp dispel has been hotfixed and no longer works on primordius, which sucks. Manaroths fury is awesome here. Rain of fire everywhere, have unlimited embers, spam embers on boss/adds whatever you are assigned to kill, use havoc where possible. Pray RNG gods to get some nice mastery stacks and to not accidently get a negative debuff :P. (use Sac here)

The rest of the encounters I have not even looked at on hc so cannot comment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Primordius HC: Have not killed yet, Note the imp dispel has been hotfixed and no longer works on primordius, which sucks.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Was so looking forward to it

Nice tips, appreciate it.

About the Imp dispel did they fix both the Command Demon Singe Magic you get from saccing the Imp as well as the Imp's/Fel Imp's Singe Magic/Sear Magic, or just the Sac ability gained?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    Nice tips, appreciate it.

About the Imp dispel did they fix both the Command Demon Singe Magic you get from saccing the Imp as well as the Imp's/Fel Imp's Singe Magic/Sear Magic, or just the Sac ability gained?
    Was in LFR just now and I could not dispel myself after saccing my imp. Did not try with the imp's non sac dispel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Primordius HC: Have not killed yet, Note the imp dispel has been hotfixed and no longer works on primordius, which sucks.
    Funny that they fixed it in middle of our guilds progression on that boss and we had to change strat, but its still very easy boss. They also made the debuffs undispellable with mass dispel (druid and i think priest also)