Quote Originally Posted by zythian View Post
    Imp. Also one global could be one conflag, one incinerate, etc. Your pet attack isn't doing 100k per global.
    Your curses are on a shorter GCD of around 0.5 seconds, which makes CoE much better than your pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Please don't do this.

1 CoE is a LOT less damage lost than losing your pet damage to running to attack a direhorn, then attacking it.
    unfortunately, putting one global into the add only buys you about 5 seconds of time. sticking your pet on the add via a focus macro, then Cntrl-1 back to the boss is far easier and 0 globals.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    unfortunately, putting one global into the add only buys you about 5 seconds of time. sticking your pet on the add via a focus macro, then Cntrl-1 back to the boss is far easier and 0 globals.
    ^^ Also takes 90% of the focus away from the add and into your rotation/overall play.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    You're talking like your pet does no damage.

With a decent amount of haste a pet can contribute anywhere from 10-15% single target damage.

I can guarentee you that 10-15% less single target damage is MORE damage lost than 1 global every 5 seconds.

One global every 5 seconds = 20% of your uptime.

One global every 5 seconds = 20% of your uptime.
    But that uptime is gonna be siphoned from low priority spells
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    But that uptime is gonna be siphoned from low priority spells
    A FnB Incinerate is doing more damage than your pet in any situation ever.

A FnB Incinerate is doing more damage than your pet in any situation ever.
    If you are casting FnB Incinerate why do you need to use either the pet or coe to knock back when the spirit would be knocked back anyways. So then its between the pet and a normal Incinerate during times when FnB spells are not going out (such as the end of the fight).

Deleted
    This isn't a coincidence if almost all of the top ranked players on Horridon use GoSac.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I don't feel like our AoE or cleave rotation (for lack of a better word) needs any changes. I think RoF needs out of our regular single target rotation. That said, I think RoF is perfectly acceptable on single target as long as we're making the trade off of More Mana + Less Damage -> More Embers.

If they were to give us a spell, or a CD, that would let us make a decision to include RoF in our single target rotation for a short-ish period of time, making it More Mana -> More Embers, then I think that would easily make single target more interesting.

I should also say that I never, ever, EVER want to change our AoE rotation. Our AoE rotation is already significantly more "complicated" than other specs. We don't need to make it more complicated. In addition I never want to have to deal with a combustion-like mechanic. I don't think it fits destruction on a conceptual level.
    As an ex-Mage who switched to Warlock recently I agree 100% on the Combustion part, maybe not for your reasons though as I don't know them. I just got fed up how utterly RNG-dependent Fire is. With decent to good RNG luck the damage can be great but if your luck sucks, as mine does, you do everything right (yeah, PoM, AT, macro, just knowing how the damn stuff works, all that) suck.
    Destro plays smoother than Fire, it deals with RNG better, and the AoE is .... well, it and just everything about the Lock just feels a hell of a lot better (and then there's KJC... *dream*).

Combustion especially was gutted to the point where I wish they'd just do away with it, replace it, re-work Fire from the ground up.
    When it combined all your DoTs into a super-DoT it was a great concept, although maybe even too close to the Warlock. Now .. it does half the damage of your Ignite and is only worth it if you get several Pyroblast crits in a row (which *always* happens at the wrong time, after you gave up on getting a decent Ignite and used Combustion with a mediocre one so you don't spend a whole Combustion uptime waiting for a decent Ignite), how is that a convincing concept?

Concerning RoF, I kinda hope they "fix" it, it just doesn't feel good to me to use it on a single-target.

You just can't afford to have your pet on the direhorn. Maybe it would have been different if the GCD on curse of elements wasn't half that of a normal GCD. Having my imp tunnel the boss during my best ranked, 11:14 fight (incredibly long due to tanks dieing and kiting last 10%) resulted in 25,6 million damage vs my total damage of 120 million on Horridon, I'd call that pretty significant.
    Last edited by Nupss; 2013-05-02 at 11:27 AM.

What % of haste would you say is too much for destruction, with RPPM trinkets?

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    What % of haste would you say is too much for destruction, with RPPM trinkets?
    The % where your backdrafted incinerate cast time is under 1 second with no other haste buffs up. (I don't know what % that is, but that's where crit will be better than haste for pure-single target)

A better answer is the amount of haste where you as a player begin to not be able to react fast enough to changes in the rotation due to it being too fast paced. That could be with 1 sec incinerates, or that could be with very little haste at all. If you can't take advantage of that haste, then it's going to waste.

I'm finding it to be ~30-31% haste raid buffed. I usually sit 29-30 then crit for the rest. Crazy single target numbers, adequate cleave.

Trinket question: as I said, nearly GCD capped with my normal haste and I have the meta gem. SPA trinket, LFR Wush, LFR Cha-ye... which 2?

Deleted
    Finally picked up a second RPPM trinket in a TF wushoolays, so glad to be able to get rid of the VP one. Before it was annoying to have any more than 6k haste, now I've cranked it up to the Demo 8097 breakpoint with 7k mastery for both specs. Such a quality of life improvement ditching the VP trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Well it's not that I love using it with the reticule but it does add depth in the gameplay, which was the main issue brought up during the beta. Originally the spec was supposed to be about managing mana & embers but this is never the case without RoF.

If they make RoF useless again in single target I will miss it.
    I will also miss RoF if it becomes irrelevant in our rotation. I don't love the reticule either but I can live with it since at least it is no longer channeled. Speaking only of playstyle, as a lock I like having something that works as a DoT, I love the extra embers, and I don't have mana problems. I don't understand why people don't like it since it is all gain and no loss to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I had it backwards actually, but the int procs are vastly superior to static int. I try to avoid static int trinkets like the plague.
    So intellect proc isn't as awsome as destro as a intellect proc? That does not change the fact that overall the valor trinket is still superior then any 502 LFR trinket, 20 ilevels is a huge difference and unless the proc is exceptionally good (like the Lei Shin trinket for some classes) you will want to use the higher ilevel.

In general even if the status aren't optimal you will generally want the higher ilevel item unless the old item is exceptional good or/and the new item is exceptional bad (which has happened in the past for some classes).

Brusalk,

I saw your UI today while watching some of your heroic videos.

I was wondering if it would be possible to get a copy of your UI? I'd like to edit ti to my own preferences but I like the initial setup. I just feel like it would be easier than asking you 50 Question as to what addon you used here and there and how to edit it.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    So intellect proc isn't as awsome as destro as a intellect proc? That does not change the fact that overall the valor trinket is still superior then any 502 LFR trinket, 20 ilevels is a huge difference and unless the proc is exceptionally good (like the Lei Shin trinket for some classes) you will want to use the higher ilevel.

In general even if the status aren't optimal you will generally want the higher ilevel item unless the old item is exceptional good or/and the new item is exceptional bad (which has happened in the past for some classes).
    That's wrong though... the haste proc is decent if you aren't stacking haste.

on fights like horridon and primordius where you will just be spamming chaosbolt, do 2 mastery > 1 int?