Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    Stats for any casted spell aren't determined until the cast finishes. Finish casting it, it will benefit.
    this is why it's important to have very good timers as well. as in not only seconds but even more specific.

Stats are locked in as the cast finishes (i.e. the spells "leaves your hands"). If you got procs mid-cast they will apply, and if procs ended before the spell hits, they will also still apply. These things come up frequently for Destro, so they're good to know

Note: while Fel Flame works the same as above for its actual damage, the DoT-extension effect it applies will happen when Fel Flame HITS THE TARGET. That means that only the procs up AT THAT POINT will count towards the new DoT.

let's say there's 2 boss like snake, would u use FnB incinerate spam or just immolate each manually(without FnB) and continue as normal rotation like single target? Or there are better ways?

Quote Originally Posted by blecap View Post
    let's say there's 2 boss like snake, would u use FnB incinerate spam or just immolate each manually(without FnB) and continue as normal rotation like single target? Or there are better ways?
    I believe FnB is a gain on 4+ targets in Simcraft. Not sure on the exact number of targets for Immolate specifically with normal vs FnB.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blecap View Post
    I would havoc Immo + 2 FF the snakes, keep RoF up, and spam CB's in that scenario. You generally don't want to FnB less than 4 adds if you can handle it. You start going ember negative around that point.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Deleted
    Is it beneficial to extend Immolates duration using Fel Flame if I know I cannot get another significant DPS Buff (say Feed Pool on Ji-Kun) for a while or should I only be re-casting Immolate due to Fel Flames mana cost?

Also how do you guys go about refreshing it for temp buffs? Thanks to the up to 50% extension on the DoT I would assume it's beneficial to be recasting Immolate early in situations where it'll do more damage?

Not sure what you mean exactly, Ishau; extending via Fel Flame will snapshot your stats again, so you can't "roll" buffs with it. It's almost always better to recast Immolate instead of refreshing it, with two exceptions: 1) if you're extending two Immolates via Havoc + Fel Flame, and 2) if you're moving and don't have KJC talented. I suppose I could also see it in a scenario where an extremely powerful buff procs while you have a near-max Pandemic Immolate up already (e.g. UVLS); that isn't very common, though.

Deleted
    Ahh I see. I didn't realise just extending the DoT by 6 seconds would cause it to re-snapshot. I was under the assumption that it only re-shots if you re-cast not if you extend.

So say I was had Immolate on the boss and after 7 seconds a spellpower trinket procced, does that mean I should be re-casting Immolate instantly or should I wait?

Apologies if it seems like a dumb question, I am typically playing healers.

As long as you cast the Immolate before buffs expire, you should make sure to place it so you get the maximum value out of Pandemic. It doesn't matter whether your DoT ticks now, or later - what matters is the duration it ticks for.

Example to illustrate (excluding Pandemic for now): a proc comes up and will last for 10s. You cast Immolate: it will tick for 20s with the power of the proc. Now try this - you wait with the cast until the proc has only 1s left, then your Immolate lands: it will also tick for 20s with the power of the proc.

These are simplified numbers, of course; as I said above, what really matters in that scenario is Pandemic. You want to maximize your Immolate uptime with procs, but as long as you do that it doesn't matter if you cast it immediately, or wait a bit. Remember that spell stats are locked in as the cast leaves your hands - DoTs are not recalculated unless they are re-cast or refreshed, so as long as your cast finishes while procs are still up, it doesn't matter if you lose the procs immediately afterward.

10+ Year Old Account
    is 4pc worth getting as destro?

Quote Originally Posted by Tmbryant91 View Post
    is 4pc worth getting as destro?
    If you can get well-itemized Heroic Thunderforged gear as a replacement for both pieces then you should use the HC-TF gear. If not then yes.

Yesterday was my first try as a caster in Durumu heroic. I played with GoSac and MF. Please note that I am undergeared (I rerolled in the middle of the tier since we have ZERO locks and I am at 521 only now). I really had fun at spamming F&B incinerates at wall phase but I need a clarification on positioning and execution although I am not sure that it matters since MF gives so wide range to my AOE.

What I do is go close to the boss, place a RoF with the center of the circle at the boss. I keep this refreshed. I am facing the boss so as my F&Bed incinerates have as wide range as possible. I first cast Immolate and then spam Incinerates (all F&Bed). Now my questions

1. Should I refresh RoF all the time as I do?

2. Should I face the boss or the wall I want to prio? Since every part of the wall have shared HP, does it matter if I hit one part of it (the one close to the boss) or all of them at the same time? Or hitting as many parts as I can of the SAME wall brings it down faster?

3. Since Incinerate spamming is must, should I invest in haste? Atm my gems are red:Int, Orange:Int/Mastery, Purple:Int/Hit with reforging to mastery. I try to avoid reforging out haste but every bit o crit, excess hit etc are all reforged to mastery. I do not intent to change gems for sure. Should I change my reforges for this boss towards haste?

Thank you all for your time
    Last edited by Rayaleith; 2013-06-11 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Corrected 3rd question. was meaning towards haste

Rayaleith,
    You can drop RoF (MF ofc) on all 3x walls. Don't forget to havoc/shadowbun when the priority kill wall gets sub 20%. If you have RoF up on multiple walls you can nearly spam shadowburn into the walls. Since much of your damage (well relevant damage) is going to come from an ember consuming stat that makes mastery your best secondary stat. By relevant I mean if killing walls is your priority moreso than just generic "single target" boss damage.

Also note that GoSac does not help with your AoE damage at all. You may want to go for GoSup, and use the Shivarra for her AoE Fel Slash.

As Werst correctly said, for AoE damage go Mastery, not haste, and make gratuitous use of Shadowburn and Havoc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Yesterday was my first try as a caster in Durumu heroic. I played with GoSac and MF. Please note that I am undergeared (I rerolled in the middle of the tier since we have ZERO locks and I am at 521 only now). I really had fun at spamming F&B incinerates at wall phase but I need a clarification on positioning and execution although I am not sure that it matters since MF gives so wide range to my AOE.

What I do is go close to the boss, place a RoF with the center of the circle at the boss. I keep this refreshed. I am facing the boss so as my F&Bed incinerates have as wide range as possible. I first cast Immolate and then spam Incinerates (all F&Bed). Now my questions

1. Should I refresh RoF all the time as I do?

2. Should I face the boss or the wall I want to prio? Since every part of the wall have shared HP, does it matter if I hit one part of it (the one close to the boss) or all of them at the same time? Or hitting as many parts as I can of the SAME wall brings it down faster?

3. Since Incinerate spamming is must, should I invest in haste? Atm my gems are red:Int, Orange:Int/Mastery, Purple:Int/Hit with reforging to mastery. I try to avoid reforging out haste but every bit o crit, excess hit etc are all reforged to mastery. I do not intent to change gems for sure. Should I change my reforges for this boss towards haste?

Thank you all for your time
    The previous posters have pretty much covered it all. That said, I think you may be confused on how FnB works. FnB'd spells are centered around the target it's cast on. It has nothing to do with the way you're facing (as long as you're able to cast on the main target)

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    The previous posters have pretty much covered it all. That said, I think you may be confused on how FnB works. FnB'd spells are centered around the target it's cast on. It has nothing to do with the way you're facing (as long as you're able to cast on the main target)
    Yes I know that. My question on facing was more about the direction of my AOE and that implies which target I should pick for the incinerates. If I pick the boss, I will hit at least 2 walls. If I pick the center of a wall (eg the one to my right) I might hit only one wall+the boss. So I asked, which one is better; hitting the same wall multiple times per cast or hitting multiple walls (that would happen if I target the boss aka facing towards him).
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Answer: whatever makes you hit the most targets. Hitting the boss, probably, as it will spread to multiple segments of all three walls.

Hey all, i was hoping for some quick advice.

I'm currently 510 ilvl and i only do LFR. I don't know how to play warlocks too great, but i'm having great fun so far

I currently have the 2 hand staff called Suen-Wo, Spire of the Falling Sun (http://www.wowhead.com/item=95795)

But today i have picked up Athame of the Sanguine Ritual (http://www.wowhead.com/item=95774) and Venomlord's Totemic Wand (http://www.wowhead.com/item=95660)

I really have no clue whether to stick with the two hand staff, or if i should use the other two items?

Any help and a reason why would be very much appreciated

Do you have an offhand of equal (or higher) ilvl? Crit is an okay stat for Destro, but haste and mastery are better; consequently, Suen-Wo is a pretty good choice. Assuming you pair your MHs with Lei Shen's Orb of Command, the differences in damage will be very small.

Since you only do LFR, my suggestion would be this: choose whatever you find the coolest transmog set for! No, I'm serious; the difference in damage will barely be noticeable, and min/maxing in LFR seems a little pointless. 1000dps more or less are not going to make or break anything - and I'm pretty sure that's the ballpark figure you're in with your choice.

If you REALLY want to know, use Simcraft to find out exactly which combo is better. My gut would say Suen-Wo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trix09 View Post
    Hey all, i was hoping for some quick advice.

I'm currently 510 ilvl and i only do LFR. I don't know how to play warlocks too great, but i'm having great fun so far

I currently have the 2 hand staff called Suen-Wo, Spire of the Falling Sun (http://www.wowhead.com/item=95795)

But today i have picked up Athame of the Sanguine Ritual (http://www.wowhead.com/item=95774) and Venomlord's Totemic Wand (http://www.wowhead.com/item=95660)

I really have no clue whether to stick with the two hand staff, or if i should use the other two items?

Any help and a reason why would be very much appreciated
    Check out this video from Method's Sparkuggz on the matter to fully understand why. The basic explanation is that 1H + OH is better, but staff is easier to obtain as well as cheaper to upgrade (twins hc is far easier than both animus and lei shen hc, and requires 1 lucky roll/drop to obtain a TF version as opposed to two, with the other bosses also offering much larger loot tables making it harder to win the item you really want).