Awesome guide, has been tons of help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Would be interesting to see something like that. Maybe 33% faster CB cast per BD charge, consuming all charges on cast? Could open some interesting PvE avenues as well without being broken.
    or 3xBD charge could make the next chaos bolt cost no embers, that would atleast give you a steady chaos bolt output and you wont see too many incinerates below the gcd.

Deleted
    I just get Wushu hc tf version and i´m just asking myself ... if my rng is good and i boost my embers with 8-10 stacks when exactly is the server calculating the int proc?

If i have 10 stacks and 60k Spellpower at the moment i start casting will it be added to the core dmg or do it only grant the int boost if it lands "just in time" ? The question i ask is because i´ve seen Chaosbolts with very high dmg and in my next proc i manage the same procedure and they we´re weak or is it safer to boost them out with 6-7 stacks?

ty in advance

Spell damage from your buffs is "locked in" the moment you finish casting. As long as the spell leaves your hands with procs still active, it will benefit from them even when they're gone before it lands.

Note: if you use Fel Flame to refresh something, the damage of the Fel Flame itself will be calculated on cast, but the new damage of the DoT you refresh will be calculated when Fel Flame hits. Careful!

One question here. F&B'ed immolates under the effect of UVLS proc, means nxImmolates crits => very good ember generator? Or more embers than we can spend?
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    One question here. F&B'ed immolates under the effect of UVLS proc, means nxImmolates crits => very good ember generator? Or more embers than we can spend?
    That depends of the fight, but if you are using FnB there are probably a lot of targets so you are already swimming in embers. It was nice on Council when all four are alive.

Deleted
    Anybody has tested the new 5.4 PTR raids in destro? Does it look like it will be competitive with demo & affli?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni View Post
    Anybody has tested the new 5.4 PTR raids in destro? Does it look like it will be competitive with demo & affli?
    I think we have to wait for an ember fix. RoF ember generation was nerfed and they didn´t compensate it yet. To answer your question, nope atm Demo is the way to go, sadly :/

Deleted
    Our Enhancement Shaman's Fire Elemental was doing almost more damage than me in single target in the first minute in one of the tests. True story

Single target RoF was about 1/3 of destro's ember generation perfectly played. Call it 30% in practice (single target). You would have to bump immolate, conflag, incinerate, and fel flame's emberbit generation 30% to simply break even. The DPET was only on par with incinerate so that is easily lost but the ember loss is crippling. The set bonus of 20% chance on conflag crit (which is only maybe 20% with raid buffs) is pretty soft. Certainly not enough to carry the spec though I'm not a fan of balancing a spec off set bonuses (eg "I suck till 4pc" kinda thing) The other set bonus has a ICD so even if you have a crit streak, use darksoul, etc you can't gain it steadily or stack it.

You also have the legendary meta doing the least for destro. Related is the GCD capping of incinerate which puts haste severely at a disadvantage, especially with RoF gone from the rotation. Since destro doesn't scale especially well off mastery or crit it really has nowhere to grow. I'd hope to see a 30% ember generation buff from single target spells, maybe a crit damage multiplier buff, and some fine tuning of our set bonuses. 20% chance on crit is too RNG....flat 20% chance on hit or 100% chance on crit would be more realistic.

Destro has the issue of fewer damage sources which makes buffing simpler but less flexible. Also they beat down gosac so severely single target last expac that even with 550+ilvl it isn't catching up so you could probably put 5% or so back in for destro. If there is a cap to how hard ember consuming spells hit (esp in pvp) then we need to use them more often and easier. So probably a minor glyph to trade 30% haste on incinerate for backdraft for 30% damage instead. That would help the haste capping (though you can still gear away from it) but the scaling just isn't there so you are looking at flat buffs to all the other damage sources. Doing any CB dot type thing will just make it more firemagey which isn't a direction I want to see happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Our Enhancement Shaman's Fire Elemental was doing almost more damage than me in single target in the first minute in one of the tests. True story
    I hope we'll be parsed with the other pets then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Was that with or without the new trinkets? As, IMO, destro really picked up this tier once the new RPPM int proc trinkets were obtained and with some of the new ones, especially the 84% crit damage, haste, and mastery one (although it's probably going to get changed before live), hit seems like these would keep destro competitive with good trinket management as we can get the most burst out of trinket procs for all 3 specs.

Deleted
    Was that with or without the new trinkets?
    During the first PTR tests, way before the T16 trinkets. We were wiping after 1/2 min so the "results" were obviously flawed, but still pretty "funny".
    The loss of RoF's embers is a big hit for the pull, since we won't be able to throw as many Chaos Bolts under Dark Soul + double trinkets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does destro locks have haste breakpoint? My sim says that my stats weight are crit 2.74, haste 2.64, mastery 2.83. It worth gemming pure mastery or haste? How much haste do I have to go?

Destro certainly has breakpoints, but they don't really matter a whole lot. Haste is a good stat for purely single-target fights or for two (and only two) target cleave; however, given the nature of the actual fights in ToT, it's usually better to go for mastery. Many fights in ToT involve either AoE or opportunities to generate extra embers, or both, and that's where mastery comes out ahead.

So, for these mastery heavy builds for heroic megaera 10m...what exactly are the stat weights you guys are rocking? I've got the whole mastery greater than haste blah blah...but where do you put int in all this? I concocted somewhat of a "guess" in askmrrobot, so if anyone would like to check out what im sitting at id greatly appreciate it.

Dastrox from borean tundra

Edit: The reason I'm posting btw is due to my relatively low parses for this fight...I'm sitting anywhere from 180k-190 with 540 ilvl..I know torrent RNG is a factor but I'm just making sure I'm missing anything with my reforging

Intellect 4.1
    Spell Power 3.33
    Spell Hit(to 15%) 2.8
    Mastery 1.75
    Haste 1.7
    Crit 1.65

Deleted
    If your going mastery, actually go mastery above all else, the reason for most of the high parsaes on megeara (above 220k mostly) is because the destro warlock is being left to kill the adds with shadowburn, this greatly amps your damage, if your doing 190k its not amazing but its far from bad, just learn to be a scumbag, im sure if you check effective damage from your logs you are probably up there.

Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    If your going mastery, actually go mastery above all else, the reason for most of the high parsaes on megeara (above 220k mostly) is because the destro warlock is being left to kill the adds with shadowburn, this greatly amps your damage, if your doing 190k its not amazing but its far from bad, just learn to be a scumbag, im sure if you check effective damage from your logs you are probably up there.

^This, all depends what your role is and what strat you are going with. If they leave you to havoc whore the adds then that's pretty awesome for you lol. If you do what my guild does and cc the adds, kill the head and then bring adds to stack point,....that's a whole different story.

Well, its a 10m group. so im basically using the .5 gcd of havoc to cleave 3 sb's onto one add making it instadead. it doesn't slow us down at all, just deletes one of the adds. Mainly im using the mastery build for the empowered sb/cb because it just makes more sense for that fight.

An example of going full mastery above all else? Last night I hovered above 210 for pretty much every attempt, but I still feel like I could be doing more. I'm basically begging for some sample stat weights one would put in for this. Spoon feed me, I don't want to assume anything. You can call me dirty names afterward, I promise.

Deleted
    I always went full out mastery for megaera. I told ReforgeLite, to always favor mastery and for haste vs. crit, I just told it to reach an artificial minimum breakpoint of 6k haste and value crit higher than haste after reaching this "breakpoint". With these settings I always ended up anywhere between 6k and 7k haste, which is roughly the point where I am comfortable with incinerate cast times and the speed of RoF. I don't really consider intellect, as it has nothing to do with reforging. It just comes as a side-effekt from int/mastery gems in red sockets.

My last megaera kill was about 4 weeks ago (my guild managed to kill heroic dark animus and just kept extending the lockout, until Lei Shen died) and I parsed just over 240k dps without havoc-whoring on adds. Adds spawn, I put RoF on them and go berserk on the head with infinite embers. I always use havoc to immolate and fel flame both heads, no exceptions (I use a focus macro for havoc and always set the off-head as my focus-target, so I don't need to switch targets for cleaving). My Forsaken Racial shouldn't make any difference either.

It is a 25m raid though. Don't really know, how many adds the boss spawns on 10m.