Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    this weeks upcoming farm want to play around with destro, have 543 versions of wush,uvls,breath,chayes. whats the best combo right now? will be using a haste=mastery build
    Wush+BotH.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I would go with Wushooo and Breath, but you can wait for the complete calculations of Brusalk
    Same answer, same time

Hey Brusalk, two questions.

I have 2/2 UVLS, Cha, and Breath, all normal. Thoughts on which to pick?

Also, Now that my item level is around 531, would a more Mastery heavy build fit Destro better, or are the Int gems more suitable? This question might seem more subjective but I'd still like to hear some thoughts.

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cha and Breath IMO. Since there's about only 1-2 single target fights in ToT, then mastery all the way.

Been working with Evrellias youtube post and went heavy mastery. Problem is it seems my haste is a bit too high as i fall below 1.0 with meta proc and back draft. Is there a stopping point when it comes to haste? Right now im sitting at 9865 haste unbuffed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Been working with Evrellias youtube post and went heavy mastery. Problem is it seems my haste is a bit too high as i fall below 1.0 with meta proc and back draft. Is there a stopping point when it comes to haste? Right now im sitting at 9865 haste unbuffed.
    If you wanna maximise your SINGLE target dps then stack haste as high as you can get it (like 20k+) but that makes the playstyle unfun imo and mastery is the most versatile stat, most choose to go mastery > haste

Quote Originally Posted by Schirm View Post
    Hey Brusalk, two questions.

I have 2/2 UVLS, Cha, and Breath, all normal. Thoughts on which to pick?

Also, Now that my item level is around 531, would a more Mastery heavy build fit Destro better, or are the Int gems more suitable? This question might seem more subjective but I'd still like to hear some thoughts.

Thanks.
    I personally go with hybrid gems over straight stats (for yellows) because I tend to switch specs a lot and don't really care to regem.

I'd use Cha + Breath, but UVLS + Breath would be pretty good as well. Pretty much go with whatever you prefer. Not dealing with UVLS would be my personal choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Haste is always best with 2 RPPM procs over crit, with mastery behind those. However that's only for single target and 2 target cleave. Mastery is better once you have a ton of ember generation from adds through Shadowburn, or when you're AoEing.

Most of Hastes value comes from RoF generation and not Incinerate cast times.

Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    If you wanna maximise your SINGLE target dps then stack haste as high as you can get it (like 20k+) but that makes the playstyle unfun imo and mastery is the most versatile stat, most choose to go mastery > haste
    Yeah at 10392 unbuffed mastery atm. Wasnt sure if i was doing it wrong by allowing my gcd on incinerate to go under 1 second. Ilvl is 532 atm on my lock.

Hey guys, quick question. My guild is super causal raiding guild and I am averaging about 90k dps which I feel is low but after reading the forms and all the different setups I just want to make sure I am doing it right. Here is my armory. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kindead/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I personally go with hybrid gems over straight stats (for yellows) because I tend to switch specs a lot and don't really care to regem.
    Why not just stick with straight mastery gems for all 3 specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoabutterz View Post
    Why not just stick with straight mastery gems for all 3 specs?
    I prefer to stack Haste as Demo. It's pretty much a wash on whether Haste or Haste(to ~8100) -> Mastery is better for Demo, but I personally like to be able to reduce the RNG on UVLS as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I prefer to stack Haste as Demo. It's pretty much a wash on whether Haste or Haste(to ~8100) -> Mastery is better for Demo, but I personally like to be able to reduce the RNG on UVLS as much as possible.
    Oh, I swapped to mastery instead of haste just because it doesn't increase the rng for it to proc to make it worth it versus loosing so much mastery.

brusalk why are you still gemming for int when zumzum is not? so confusing when I check you guys up for ra-den (which is the only fight I play destro on atm). I've been re-gemming to int for that fight alone. I'd like to know the reasoning behind what you're doing.

ps. get a glider already.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've tried out the 8094 Haste > Mastery route for Demo, going from my usual 14873 Haste > Mastery, and over the 2-3 weeks of playing around with it, I didn't really notice a DPS difference at all between the two. Will most likely go back to 14873 as I do prefer the higher Fury regen.

Still waiting for Destro changes... not holding my breath though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    brusalk why are you still gemming for int when zumzum is not? so confusing when I check you guys up for ra-den (which is the only fight I play destro on atm). I've been re-gemming to int for that fight alone. I'd like to know the reasoning behind what you're doing.

I've not done any theorycrafting in all of MoP (not even one SimC run ), so I wouldn't advise you to follow my choices
    But I think Brusalk already said he has a special reason for stacking Int iirc, so I might be right on this though.
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-08-01 at 12:32 PM.

It is so he doesn't have to re-gem for every fight.

Quote Originally Posted by thelm View Post
    It is so he doesn't have to re-gem for every fight.
    If I had infinite money and time I'd regem what's best for every fight.

Sadly I'm a bit shy on the time aspect which makes money hard to come by.

Deleted
    very well explained

so zumzum just doesn't give a damn paragon style and still crush meters while brusalk is a poor bastard who cant afford gems but still get high parses.

conclusion: stop regemming for ra-den since I top those meters anyway. plus half of the time the freaking boogers are still in the air when the adds die. min/maxing your gems/reforging becomes rather redundant compared to how you actually play the spec.

thx guys

so zumzum just doesn't give a damn paragon style and still crush meters while brusalk is a poor bastard who cant afford gems but still get high parses.

conclusion: stop regemming for ra-den since I top those meters anyway. plus half of the time the freaking boogers are still in the air when the adds die. min/maxing your gems/reforging becomes rather redundant compared to how you actually play the spec.

thx guys
    Sad but mostly true.

Deleted
    zumzum just doesn't give a damn paragon style and still crush meters while brusalk is a poor bastard who cant afford gems
    Hey that would be a nice sig