Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    In general, it seems that you basically need Backdraft or Hero levels of Haste for Incinerate to be better than Fel Flame without Backdraft up. Fel Flame is basically better with a low to moderate amount of Haste. A total guestimate would be 10k Haste for you to use Incinerate over Fel Flame as your filler.
    interesting argument as some (i do at least) use affliction spec beside destro, and roughly have 10k haste, not to mention i feel FF so cluncky & not used to it

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothmeduso View Post
    You left out the point that Brusalik also stated, that crit to a point then it will be mastery in which i have been saying all along. If you believe me to be a troll you are entitled to your opinion. That still doesn't change the fact that his results are similar to mine. Brusalik what do you have to say on this topic?
    He is not saying you should stack crit to a certain point over mastery, he is saying crit will drop off at a certain point due to setbonus icd and that is why mastery is preferable over crit.

You left out the point that Brusalik also stated, that crit to a point then it will be mastery in which i have been saying all along. If you believe me to be a troll you are entitled to your opinion. That still doesn't change the fact that his results are similar to mine. Brusalik what do you have to say on this topic?
    I didn't state that crit to a point and then mastery is best.

What I stated was that Crit and Mastery are basically the same, point for point. However, Crit will hit a cap on it's usefulness when compared to Mastery once you get the 4-set and you begin to generate embers too quickly. Also, Mastery is best the second you get an additional target.

Reading.

With the Incinerate buff I'm finding that Mastery and Crit are both basically the exact same stat for single target w/o t16 set bonuses.
    So they're equal for single target.

With the bonuses I'm pretty sure Mastery will pull ahead after a certain amount of Crit means we generate embers faster than the ICD.
    Now mastery is better.

At no point is crit "better".

Edit: Damn, Brusalk beat me to it.

mr. Robot shows Crit>haste>Mastery for Destro, I am so confused now.

Mr Robot is kind of a window licker...esp first week of a patch IMO.

Anyone play Destro on Galakras?

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    We had someone try it in one of our 25m groups. It was midpack when it was havoc shadowburn sniping and dropped like a rock the moment it wasn't. Obv nothing touches chain lightning spam or bladestorm (got close as demo) but it just doesn't have it. This was a main so 550+ilvl and a very proficient player....destro just doesn't have it.

Deleted
    Well that's surprising, that's the kind of fight where Destro should be more than fine
    I took a look at Pie Chart's logs and the Destro-lock seemed to be doing fine, but I don't know if the other guys are any good.
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-09-11 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Well that's surprising, that's the kind of fight where Destro should be more than fine
    I took a look at Pie Chart's logs and the Destro-lock seemed to be doing fine, but I don't know if the other guys are any good.
    I'm pretty sure that Destro will be mid-pack when everything goes exceptional, but far on the bottom all the other times.

We decided to do our group where I play my alt-priest for gear on other mains so I didn't get a chance to try anything tonight. Probably will tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    our other lock played destro on galak and i played demo...he was pulling like 190-210k dps...where me as demo was in the 245-260k range...destro is officially dead..and im so sad about it.

Just curious how you're looking at logs? The ones i've seen don't diffrentiate between bosses/attempts so you would have to manually look at the combat lines to know when a fight started/ended.

Anyways though makes me kinda sad to see destro not performing that well on fights like that, was hoping it would be at least semi viable so I wouldn't have to play mastery Demo (hate the way it feels compared to haste demo).

Deleted
    Just curious how you're looking at logs? The ones i've seen don't diffrentiate between bosses/attempts so you would have to manually look at the combat lines to know when a fight started/ended.
    Yup it sucks, and there is no news of the WoL guys :/
    I open the logs, switch to Damage done and then I zoom, zoom, zoom, () until I seem to have the beginning and end of a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    Yes and I topped the meter except for the Shadow Priest. Even on boss only damage I was only beat out by the Aff Lock and 1 SP.

Edit: Really only performed that well because I was down the entire time and didn't have to go up a tower at any point. Otherwise it probably would have been middle of the pack.

After a night of 2x 25m groups testing I think its safe to say destro flat out sucks in most situations and holds midpack or meh when its playing to its niche in ideal situations. That is a pretty sad state of affairs. Especially when demo and aff are so much more viable in almost every situations. Destro in its best niche might match either of them during a bad fight/mechanics situation and be completely embarrassed by aff/demo the rest of the time.

Then again we may see the nerf scythe swing on aff/demo since its sort of how things tend to go. Its more likely aff/demo get beat down to destro's level than destro gets buffed to be a truly competitive spec. Especially since its just one of those specs that the devs have a mental block about ever letting it be strong. Case history of warlocks in the final tier is against us for every expac since wotlk.

Give it a few weeks or even months, roll destro when all this is on farm, rank like a madman..../cheese!

I'm not particularly happy with my dps last night. I was destro for immerus, went affliction for protectors thinking multi dots would be helpful...we downed them both (10N) but im too out of practice with affliction as my destro dps was better. Still was lower then usual, but I think at least some of that is due to me getting use to the loss of KJC and the idea i have an extra DS to use. I keep interrupting casts cause i forget i cant move, and ive died a few times, probably related to my smaller shield.

Wow are you stalking me?
    I actually don't plan on staying destro for progression, but we have other locks playing affl and demo. So I figured, since I'm basically the most proficient in guild playing destro, it would be nice to get some logs for destro for comparison purposes. We'll have to wait for the other run to see reliable demo and affl parses though. Also, on Galakras, I was going up in the towers so lost a lot of dps time running around. I hadn't done that role on ptr so definitely didn't min/max that movement.

Thus far, nothing too surprising about destro dps. It's a great spec for low hp add fights. I suspect on heroic with adds having higher hp, affl will do better on a fight like Galakras, but for something like Norushen, adds are simply dying way too fast for get reliable dmg from affl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Destro will be mid-pack when everything goes exceptional, but far on the bottom all the other times.
    Just going from IJ and Malkorak kills, I found destro dps to be more midpack than far bottom. Snce we're using FF as filler, it does pretty well to sustain dps on movement. I'm not sure if you meant in comparison to all dps, which is how I took it. But, in comparison to demo and affl, I am certain it is at least 30-40k behind.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup it sucks, and there is no news of the WoL guys :/
    I open the logs, switch to Damage done and then I zoom, zoom, zoom, () until I seem to have the beginning and end of a fight.
    If you go to the dashboard page of a log, it lists all the time ranges in combat. Just click on those until you find the fight you want.

Deleted
    Wow are you stalking me?
    I picked some US guilds while browsing the Destro ranks on ToT to find destrolocks

If you go to the dashboard page of a log, it lists all the time ranges in combat. Just click on those until you find the fight you want.
    Wow... when you think you know everything... Thanks

thanks again for an updated guide on destruction you seem to be the major voice for destro right now and I know all of us few and far between destro players appreciate that. One question I have for you that I have been having trouble finding any information on anywhere. For 5.4 all you seem to hear about is affliction and demo and people seem to be throwing destro to the unviable category or just not saying much about it at all..So my question to you is how viable is destro right now? Have the buffs we received to Chaos Bolt and incerinerate made up of for the killjadens and rain of fire nerfs? And if destro is still viable how much is it still behind the other two specs right now? I basically have only played destruction and I'm best at that but with all these changes people seem to be nudging me toward other specs which I dont mind learning but id rather not if destruction is indeed competitive.. I do not want to play a spec that will land me at the bottom of the meters just because I'm playing that particular spec..Any insight or advice on my predicament would help out huge. Thanks again man for all your work on all stuff destruction.
    Last edited by mmokid527; 2013-09-11 at 06:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmokid527 View Post
    I do not want to play a spec that will land me at the bottom of the meters just because im playing that particular spec..Any insight or advice on my predicament would help out huge. Thanks again man
    Ask this guy, he has LE internal tool, numberz and sh!t to help you.