Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    Yeah, I've been monitoring all ya'll's kill timestamps.

We raid 12 hours a week regardless of progression or not. Sadface.
    I'm in the guild I'm in partially because we all understand and are accepting of the fact that while WoW progression is fun and we want to do the best we possibly can, real life comes first and always takes precedence. I have stuff like work and college that I have to take care of on a set schedule, and so do most of the people in my guild. I'd love to do super-hardcore BL style progression but I can't commit to the amount of hours they put in for the first few weeks of a patch. I got really lucky finding Modest and a guild where I feel we accomplish a ton very quickly while not going completely overboard on hours per day.

Deleted
    This reset im planning on playing Aff/Destro (dropped demo for destro on garrosh so just gonna roll with it this week ), now trinket wise I am currently using HC TF Breathe+Normal UVLS, I also have: Normal Wush and HC Chayes.
    Now that I dont have demo spec this week UVLS is not mandatory, so shall i keep it or switch to Wush/HC Chayes?

Im keeping aff reforges (10k haste rest mastery almost no crit) for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to re-look up about felfire not updating the timers on immolate as I was spamming it madly and it wasn't working. So I've moved it off my rotation for when moving as stated now.

Also found askmrrobot.com a great site to get me up and going to a higher dps.

Deleted
    Semi-hardcore world's 6th? Brusalk you rock! As a semi-casual I'll probably reach world's 6000th ^^
    So which Soo encounters do you think are good for destro so far?

10+ Year Old Account
    Standard opener for Destro is like this:
    Prepot >>DS>>Immolate>> 2xConflag >> 6 Incin + RoF >> CB?

Deleted
    6 incinerates before CB ? As long as you keep the 2pT15 you should try to cast 2 CBs under the Breath buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    If only.

We didn't start until hours after the other 10 mans started yesterday, and we won't start until closer to our normal raid times tonight. We just do everything faster than them :P We also won't raid every day this week. I'm pretty sure we're like the only semi-hardcore guild near the top of the 10m rankings.

By the way, HOLY FUCK juggernaut and shamans on 10man are insane. Let me just say that I'm hardly surprised that 10mans are getting stuck on Shamans (including Paragon).
    We are a semi hardcore guild too and didn't start until around 7 eastern on tuesday .. sticking to pretty normal hours tbh.

Side note edit: Heroic Dark Shamans down in 5 pulls
    Last edited by FurtyIRL; 2013-09-19 at 02:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm so currently I'm running Burning Primal with Mastery >crit > Haste setup having
    80.04% mastery,
    24.20% crit,
    13.92% (unbuffed values).

mr robot is saying to use Sinister and stack crit > haste > mastery so with re-gemming, reforging etc i would have

65.06% mastery
    39.17% crit
    28.57% haste

Running sims the crit setup is giving me a ~4.5k dps increase.

However Simcraft still using 5.3 data and RoF in rotation and maybe that is what having an effect on the dps differences a.k.a not an example of current changes to haste, rppm and ember generation. So is Brusalk's approach (my set up) the "correct" choice?

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Hmm so currently I'm running Burning Primal with Mastery >crit > Haste setup having
    80.04% mastery,
    24.20% crit,
    13.92% (unbuffed values).

mr robot is saying to use Sinister and stack crit > haste > mastery so with re-gemming, reforging etc i would have

65.06% mastery
    39.17% crit
    28.57% haste

Running sims the crit setup is giving me a ~4.5k dps increase.

However Simcraft still using 5.3 data and RoF in rotation and maybe that is what having an effect on the dps differences a.k.a not an example of current changes to haste, rppm and ember generation. So is Brusalk's approach (my set up) the "correct" choice?
    I can assure you I got my numbers using the 5.4 rotation and in BiS (excluding TF) T15 gear taking into consideration the stat changes. (Was also using AD)

I'm not sure what AMR did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    No RoF. Little reason to cast all 6 Incinerates unless you need the embers. I tend to find saving DS for after the conflags to let it last long enough to pump out all the bolts needed to match 20 sec buffs. If you only have 10 sec trinkets may be better to use it earlier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kabrex View Post
    We are a semi hardcore guild too and didn't start until around 7 eastern on tuesday .. sticking to pretty normal hours tbh.

Side note edit: Heroic Dark Shamans down in 5 pulls
    Yeah, we ended up with like 6 or 7 pulls. We made a few goes before the end of the night after getting Juggernaut down and I guess everyone was tired because we got it in like 2 pulls the next evening.

Malkorak is a huge wall methinks. It's a BIG dps check with very, very, very little room for error with the orbs and trying to soak puddles. Doesn't help we're trying to do it with only 4 ranged DPS though. Dark Bargain is exceptional for clearing orbs though. Plus Twilight Ward absorbs most of the damage on that fight

We didn't start until like 8 EST on Tuesday. :P

I noticed you're currently in Affliction Spec, I was wondering how well does Affliction (as an "off" spec) run beside Destro using Mastery > Crit > Haste? Would it be better to go Mastery > Haste > Crit? Or would you recommend just going Demo?

Quote Originally Posted by Toonic View Post
    I noticed you're currently in Affliction Spec, I was wondering how well does Affliction (as an "off" spec) run beside Destro using Mastery > Crit > Haste? Would it be better to go Mastery > Haste > Crit? Or would you recommend just going Demo?
    I got lucky and got a bunch of normal t16 gear that lets me switch between the two easily after reforging. I end up with a ton of Mastery and Crit and very little Haste in my Destro gear/reforgings, and then over the 9700 Aff haste breakpoint followed by a lot of Mastery with little crit if my Aff gear/reforgings.

If I didn't get that gear I'd probably be Demo instead with a lot of crit stacking as my offspec that I got because no one needed it during farm last tier.

I got lucky and got a bunch of normal t16 gear that lets me switch between the two easily after reforging. I end up with a ton of Mastery and Crit and very little Haste in my Destro gear/reforgings, and then over the 9700 Aff haste breakpoint followed by a lot of Mastery with little crit if my Aff gear/reforgings.

If I didn't get that gear I'd probably be Demo instead with a lot of crit stacking as my offspec that I got because no one needed it during farm last tier.
    Alright thanks for that then, I'll keep that in mind while gearing up then.

Edit: Should I aim for a haste cap with having Demo as an Off Spec? or should I not worry that much? (I'm mostly picking up Demo for Protectors.)
    Last edited by Toonic; 2013-09-19 at 04:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toonic View Post

Edit: Should I aim for a haste cap with having Demo as an Off Spec? or should I not worry that much? (I'm mostly picking up Demo for Protectors.)
    If you are playing destro MS and you don't want to have different sets of gear then Destro optimized Afflicion or Demonology would fair better than say Demonology or Affliction optimized Destro.

A destroy trinket question. I have Volatile talisman, RF UVLS, normal Breath and flex bindings. Since I am avoiding haste like its the plague, I was wondering if it would be better to use the LFR UVLS since it is straight Int with a crit proc where as Breath I can reforge out of the hast into mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can assure you I got my numbers using the 5.4 rotation and in BiS (excluding TF) T15 gear taking into consideration the stat changes. (Was also using AD)

I'm not sure what AMR did.

- - - Updated - - -

No RoF. Little reason to cast all 6 Incinerates unless you need the embers. I tend to find saving DS for after the conflags to let it last long enough to pump out all the bolts needed to match 20 sec buffs. If you only have 10 sec trinkets may be better to use it earlier.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, we ended up with like 6 or 7 pulls. We made a few goes before the end of the night after getting Juggernaut down and I guess everyone was tired because we got it in like 2 pulls the next evening.

Malkorak is a huge wall methinks. It's a BIG dps check with very, very, very little room for error with the orbs and trying to soak puddles. Doesn't help we're trying to do it with only 4 ranged DPS though. Dark Bargain is exceptional for clearing orbs though. Plus Twilight Ward absorbs most of the damage on that fight

So, RoF atm is useless? And for trinkets, Bindings+KTT are way to go right? Or BBoY outweights KTT?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    So, RoF atm is useless? And for trinkets, Bindings+KTT are way to go right? Or BBoY outweights KTT?
    It's best for moving assuming it's on a target for it's full duration (over Fel Flame)

How sure are you that RoF isn't any good? I have a guildie who keeps it up as much as possible vs one who doesn't and he does more dps then our 531 lock who isn't keeping it up. Both are going for haste. So is haste a good stat? From what I understand its Master>crit>>haste. Im just a bit confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    How sure are you that RoF isn't any good? I have a guildie who keeps it up as much as possible vs one who doesn't and he does more dps then our 531 lock who isn't keeping it up. Both are going for haste. So is haste a good stat? From what I understand its Master>crit>>haste. Im just a bit confused.
    If you're stacking Haste RoF is good.

That said, you shouldn't be stacking Haste. Mastery >= Crit >> Haste will give you more damage.

By the way, I'm hitting >52% Chaos Bolt damage on my distribution on Malkorok XD

If you're stacking Haste RoF is good.

That said, you shouldn't be stacking Haste. Mastery >= Crit >> Haste will give you more damage.

By the way, I'm hitting >52% Chaos Bolt damage on my distribution on Malkorok XD
    One of em has 16% haste. That is the one who is using rain of fire a ton. He also has a haste trinket but he doesn't seem to line up RoF for it.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah for sure, Malkorok is no joke. Great warlock fight though, free shards all day.