10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traumabrew View Post
    I just used SimC. According to SimC my DPS went down by 20K when I went for a high mastery build (about 106% buffed) followed by crit at 23% and then haste. According to SimC, it is showing me that haste is my best option followed by crit then mastery way down on the list. From what Ive read here, haste is the worst. Is this due to SimC limits and only using a Patchwerk style fight? Should I put some of my mastery into crit? I am in 537 ilvl gear and am using flex Bindings with TF Cha-ye's for trinkets.
    sims is highly outdated now. For one the rppm is wrong, it is still using RoF in rotation which is pointless now single target, and if you have AMV talent it tries to pop DS DS back to back with two charges (look at sample actions/spells). Current Sims are based on 5.3 mechanics/stats.

Quote Originally Posted by traumabrew View Post
    I just used SimC. According to SimC my DPS went down by 20K when I went for a high mastery build (about 106% buffed) followed by crit at 23% and then haste. According to SimC, it is showing me that haste is my best option followed by crit then mastery way down on the list. From what Ive read here, haste is the worst. Is this due to SimC limits and only using a Patchwerk style fight? Should I put some of my mastery into crit? I am in 537 ilvl gear and am using flex Bindings with TF Cha-ye's for trinkets.
    I'm 99% sure that Simc is still using RoF, among other errors, and is thusly giving incorrect results to everyone.

My results are using an updated APL taking into account 5.4 changes to the rotation.

You're getting Haste as being good because it's using RoF which is what gives Haste value. If you were to use an updated APL you'd find that my results are better.

Any chance you post the APL you are using?

Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    Any chance you post the APL you are using?
    Code:
    # Executed before combat begins. Accepts non-harmful actions only.

actions.precombat=flask,type=warm_sun
    actions.precombat+=/food,type=mogu_fish_stew
    actions.precombat+=/dark_intent,if=!aura.spell_power_multiplier.up
    actions.precombat+=/summon_pet,if=!talent.grimoire_of_sacrifice.enabled|buff.grimoire_of_sacrifice.down
    actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats
    actions.precombat+=/grimoire_of_sacrifice,if=talent.grimoire_of_sacrifice.enabled
    actions.precombat+=/service_pet,if=talent.grimoire_of_service.enabled
    actions.precombat+=/jade_serpent_potion

# Executed every time the actor is available.

actions=curse_of_the_elements,if=debuff.magic_vulnerability.down
    actions+=/jade_serpent_potion,if=buff.bloodlust.react|target.health.pct<=20
    actions+=/dark_soul,if=time<5|!buff.dark_soul.up&(trinket.proc.intellect.react|(cooldown_react&target.time_to_die<30))
    actions+=/service_pet,if=talent.grimoire_of_service.enabled
    actions+=/run_action_list,name=aoe,if=active_enemies>3
    actions+=/summon_doomguard
    actions+=/rain_of_fire,if=!ticking&!in_flight&active_enemies>1
    actions+=/havoc,target=2,if=active_enemies>1
    actions+=/shadowburn,if=ember_react&(burning_ember>3.5|mana.pct<=20|buff.dark_soul.up|target.time_to_die<20|buff.havoc.stack>=1|(trinket.has_proc.intellect&trinket.proc.intellect.react))
    actions+=/immolate,cycle_targets=1,if=buff.dark_soul.react&dot.immolate.crit_pct<(stat.crit+30)&ticks_remain<add_ticks%2&miss_react
    actions+=/immolate,cycle_targets=1,if=stat.spell_power>spell_power&ticks_remain<add_ticks%2&miss_react&dot.immolate.crit_pct<(stat.crit+30)
    actions+=/immolate,cycle_targets=1,if=ticks_remain<cast_time&target.time_to_die>=5&miss_react
    actions+=/conflagrate,if=charges=2&buff.havoc.stack=0
    actions+=/rain_of_fire,if=!ticking&!in_flight,moving=1
    actions+=/chaos_bolt,if=ember_react&target.health.pct>20&(buff.backdraft.stack<3|level<86|(active_enemies>1&action.incinerate.cast_time<1))&(burning_ember>(4.5-active_enemies)|buff.dark_soul.remains>cast_time|buff.skull_banner.remains>cast_time|(trinket.proc.intellect.react&trinket.proc.intellect.remains>cast_time))
    actions+=/chaos_bolt,if=ember_react&target.health.pct>20&(buff.havoc.stack=3&buff.havoc.remains>cast_time)
    actions+=/conflagrate
    actions+=/incinerate

actions.aoe=summon_infernal
    actions.aoe+=/rain_of_fire,if=!ticking&!in_flight
    actions.aoe+=/havoc,target=2,if=burning_ember>=3.5&ember_react&target.health.pct<=20
    actions.aoe+=/shadowburn,if=burning_ember>=3.5&ember_react&buff.havoc.stack>=1
    actions.aoe+=/fire_and_brimstone,if=ember_react&buff.fire_and_brimstone.down
    actions.aoe+=/immolate,if=buff.fire_and_brimstone.up&!ticking
    actions.aoe+=/conflagrate,if=buff.fire_and_brimstone.up
    actions.aoe+=/incinerate,if=buff.fire_and_brimstone.up
    actions.aoe+=/immolate,cycle_targets=1,if=!ticking
    Note that it's not 100% set up for including any movement sims.
    Last edited by Brusalk; 2013-09-23 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    Gl doing aoe with haste on small packs like dark shamans pull.

Crit steadies your ember regen on aoe.

Crit buffs your execute a lot.

Haste GCD caps you under meta.

TLR - Haste is bad
    Thank you AjayxD,

I've been looking at DPS meters instead of overall damage. I went to World of Logs and saw my dps is great with stacking haste, but my overall damage, well, basically sucks.

There's still a lot of different opinions about whether to stack crit or mastery out there. Even askmrrobot.com has changed things three times in the past two weeks with this regard (and funny how they're different than icy-veins.com which even recommends them on their stats page heh). I always take what they say with a grain of salt and test myself neway.

I see ur higher ilvl, so I respect what you're saying. I guess I really need to SimCraft with my specific gear. Trying to figure out how to do that now...

<edit> Dammit, I see SimC is still set for 5.3. Gotta test manually I guess..o joy..

<edit again> OK, thank you for the updated APL Brusalk! nice timing for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Code:

actions.precombat+=/summon_pet,if=!talent.grimoire_of_sacrifice.enabled|buff.grimoire_of_sacrifice.down
    actions.precombat+=/grimoire_of_sacrifice,if=talent.grimoire_of_sacrifice.enabled

actions+=/dark_soul,if=time<5|!buff.dark_soul.up&(trinket.proc.intellect.react|(cooldown_react&target.time_to_die<30))
    actions+=/shadowburn,if=ember_react&(burning_ember>3.5|mana.pct<=20|buff.dark_soul.up|target.time_to_die<20|buff.havoc.stack>=1|(trinket.has_proc.intellect&trinket.proc.intellect.react))
    actions+=/immolate,cycle_targets=1,if=buff.dark_soul.react&dot.immolate.crit_pct<(stat.crit+30)&ticks_remain<add_ticks%2&miss_react
    actions+=/immolate,cycle_targets=1,if=stat.spell_power>spell_power&ticks_remain<add_ticks%2&miss_react&dot.immolate.crit_pct<(stat.crit+30)
    actions+=/immolate,cycle_targets=1,if=ticks_remain<cast_time&target.time_to_die>=5&miss_react
    actions+=/chaos_bolt,if=ember_react&target.health.pct>20&(buff.backdraft.stack<3|level<86|(active_enemies>1&action.incinerate.cast_time<1))&(burning_ember>(4.5-active_enemies)|buff.dark_soul.remains>cast_time|buff.skull_banner.remains>cast_time|(trinket.proc.intellect.react&trinket.proc.intellect.remains>cast_time))
    actions+=/chaos_bolt,if=ember_react&target.health.pct>20&(buff.havoc.stack=3&buff.havoc.remains>cast_time)
    actions+=/conflagrate
    actions+=/incinerate

actions.aoe+=/havoc,target=2,if=burning_ember>=3.5&ember_react&target.health.pct<=20
    I thought I'd report back about the SimC results for my two stat priority 'builds'.

After re-gemming and reforging everything (and testing my original build beforehand), the results are as follows:

DPS with Haste => Mastery >> Crit: 219,753

DPS with Mastery => Crit >> Haste: 220,257

Hmm, kind of disappointed in that. Maybe I need to look deeper into the results. I'll also go test it in a raid now and see if there's any significant difference in the numbers in actual play.

<edit> Not seeing it again on target dummy (single-target) tests. With haste stack I could easily maintain 200k avg. DPS over 4 mins. Now I'm down to 165k.

OK, in raid, it's seeming comparable with maybe a slight edge. Not seeing any significant increases though. And FnB on large trash packs is actually down, and now chaos bolts seem to take forever without haste. hmm

I ran another, and I'll agree there's a slight overall improvement in DPS. I am seeing a noticeable increase in ember generation which should increase overall damage (I'm still looking at that to see just how much). I'm not sure if that's due more now to my new Tier 16 1st set bonus more than the new build (hopefully both).

Conclusion: I'll stick with your recommendations on the Mastery => Crit >> Haste build for now. Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by Demensia; 2013-09-23 at 09:11 PM.

Target dummy testing is misleading at best, and always inaccurate. With all raid buffs and raid debuffs you should find that Mastery >= Crit >> Haste will yield the best results. Start adding in additional targets or ember gen and you'll see Haste's value plummet while Mastery and Crit increase in value.

Code:

actions+=/conflagrate
    actions+=/incinerate

Thanks for posting, couple questions/comments:
    1. don't understand what the first condition in your dark soul line is doing : if=time<5. Can you explain?

2. I don't think you're accounting for RoF use during bloodlust/heroism, unless im missing something. The RoF line could include conditionals during blood lust or tempus repit or beserking. I realize you are not using the LMG and that you are alliance, so maybe you don't care about the latter two, but for completeness (since people may want to try your APL) wouldn't be hard to add. I guess you'd also have to add a line for beserking itself if you went this route.

3. In your shadowburn line why are you using this conditional: target.time_to_die<20? Is this indicating you want to dump embers when the TTD is less than 20 secs (looks that way since it's grouped with a bunch of "or" conditionals)? If so you should probably adjust the value to 4 or 5, since you'll be at 3.5 embers per less already based ont he other conditional you have. No sense dumping all embers at 20 secs in 3-4 globals, just takes 15ish seconds away from your chances to get an intell proc.

4. Your chaos bolt line could use another condition for when backdraft is >=3 but intell proc has less than normal CB cast time remaining. This is probably wrong but here's my first stab at it.
    buff.backdraft.stack>=3&trinket.proc.intellect.react&trinket.proc.intellect.remains>cast_t ime&trinket.proc.intellect.react&trinket.proc.intellect.remains<3

I assume you're not actually using that AoE action list to sim so won't bother commenting on that.

So are people using regular meta gem over legendary one?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I am indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    Thanks for posting, couple questions/comments:
    1. don't understand what the first condition in your dark soul line is doing : if=time<5. Can you explain?

2. I don't think you're accounting for RoF use during bloodlust/heroism, unless im missing something. The RoF line could include conditionals during blood lust or tempus repit or beserking. I realize you are not using the LMG and that you are alliance, so maybe you don't care about the latter two, but for completeness (since people may want to try your APL) wouldn't be hard to add. I guess you'd also have to add a line for beserking itself if you went this route.

3. In your shadowburn line why are you using this conditional: target.time_to_die<20? Is this indicating you want to dump embers when the TTD is less than 20 secs (looks that way since it's grouped with a bunch of "or" conditionals)? If so you should probably adjust the value to 4 or 5, since you'll be at 3.5 embers per less already based ont he other conditional you have. No sense dumping all embers at 20 secs in 3-4 globals, just takes 15ish seconds away from your chances to get an intell proc.

4. Your chaos bolt line could use another condition for when backdraft is >=3 but intell proc has less than normal CB cast time remaining. This is probably wrong but here's my first stab at it.
    buff.backdraft.stack>=3&trinket.proc.intellect.react&trinket.proc.intellect.remains>cast_t ime&trinket.proc.intellect.react&trinket.proc.intellect.remains<3

I assume you're not actually using that AoE action list to sim so won't bother commenting on that.
    1) Pop DS at the start with or without procs to generate embers and get the recharge rolling.

2) You're not missing something. The only time I found in my testing it was worth it to cast RoF on single target while stationary was if you had Bloodlust and a temp Haste proc up, over Incinerate only. As the profile I put together doesn't have any temporary Haste buffs the only Haste you can get is from Bloodlust, and thus I didn't include it in the list for brevity.

3) It's whatever was in the 5.3 Simcraft APL. I didn't touch those and I assume there's some reason it's 20 seconds rather than less than that. (If you look at the stats in the output, even with it being 20 seconds there's still iterations where the fight ends with extra embers for whatever reason)

4) I'm not convinced, and I haven't had time to adequately test, whether it's worth it to do this yet. If you waste backdraft to get a Chaos Bolt in, you'd have to be assuming that you couldn't otherwise spend that Ember with a different proc later.

Deleted
    I am indeed.
    I use it too, because I follow Brusalk blindly, and it is so hipster to craft it in the raid !

Yu'lons Bite over Normal Cha-Ye ? I'm conflicted and I'm lazy and don't want to set up simcraft :/

I noticed the 540-2 simc has a similar APL to brusalk's (didn't fine tooth comb but glanced over...). Is it close enough to work with out of the box now Brusalk?

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    I noticed the 540-2 simc has a similar APL to brusalk's (didn't fine tooth comb but glanced over...). Is it close enough to work with out of the box now Brusalk?
    This is:

Code:

actions+=/dark_soul
    actions+=/shadowburn,if=ember_react&(burning_ember>3.5|mana.pct<=20|buff.dark_soul.up|target.time_to_die<20|buff.havoc.stack>=1|trinket.proc.intellect.react|(trinket.stacking_proc.intellect.react>7&trinket.stacking_proc.intellect.remains>cast_time)|buff.perfect_aim.react)
    actions+=/chaos_bolt,if=ember_react&target.health.pct>20&buff.perfect_aim.react&buff.perfect_aim.remains>cast_time
    actions+=/immolate,cycle_targets=1,if=target.time_to_die>=5&miss_react&buff.perfect_aim.remains>cast_time&buff.perfect_aim.react&crit_pct<100
    actions+=/chaos_bolt,if=ember_react&target.health.pct>20&(buff.backdraft.stack<3|level<86|(active_enemies>1&action.incinerate.cast_time<1))&(burning_ember>(4.5-active_enemies)|buff.dark_soul.remains>cast_time|buff.skull_banner.remains>cast_time|(trinket.proc.intellect.react&trinket.proc.intellect.remains>cast_time)|(trinket.stacking_proc.intellect.react>6&trinket.stacking_proc.intellect.remains>cast_time))
    actions+=/conflagrate
    actions+=/incinerate
    actions+=/fel_flame,moving=1

I am indeed.
    Armory has you with legendary gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikami- View Post
    This is:

Code:

actions+=/dark_soul
    actions+=/shadowburn,if=ember_react&(burning_ember>3.5|mana.pct<=20|buff.dark_soul.up|target.time_to_die<20|buff.havoc.stack>=1|trinket.proc.intellect.react|(trinket.stacking_proc.intellect.react>7&trinket.stacking_proc.intellect.remains>cast_time)|buff.perfect_aim.react)
    actions+=/chaos_bolt,if=ember_react&target.health.pct>20&buff.perfect_aim.react&buff.perfect_aim.remains>cast_time
    actions+=/immolate,cycle_targets=1,if=target.time_to_die>=5&miss_react&buff.perfect_aim.remains>cast_time&buff.perfect_aim.react&crit_pct<100
    actions+=/chaos_bolt,if=ember_react&target.health.pct>20&(buff.backdraft.stack<3|level<86|(active_enemies>1&action.incinerate.cast_time<1))&(burning_ember>(4.5-active_enemies)|buff.dark_soul.remains>cast_time|buff.skull_banner.remains>cast_time|(trinket.proc.intellect.react&trinket.proc.intellect.remains>cast_time)|(trinket.stacking_proc.intellect.react>6&trinket.stacking_proc.intellect.remains>cast_time))
    actions+=/conflagrate
    actions+=/incinerate
    actions+=/fel_flame,moving=1

If this is the 540-2 one then no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Armory has you with legendary gem.
    Armory has be in Demo/Aff gear.

Deleted
    This just in "Unerring Vision of Lei Shen now has a 40% reduced chance to activate its effect for Warlocks."
    Will this change anything regarding UVLS?

source http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-september-23/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malecesar View Post
    This just in "Unerring Vision of Lei Shen now has a 40% reduced chance to activate its effect for Warlocks."
    Will this change anything regarding UVLS?

source http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-september-23/
    Considering this is the Destro guide, the answer to that is no. It was a shit trinket anyway, now it's even shittier. For Demo and Afflic it just means it's no longer really a viable trinket, and worth changing out to something better ASAP.

As a side note. FUCK YES DESTRO BUFFS! I was playing Destro this week and managed to come top 3 DPS on almost all of the fights (10man, so I guess you'd consider it middle of the pack, but at least it wasn't the worst), and was thinking it might not be in such a bad place after all, and that I'd have to wait until Heroic modes to find out whether or not it'd be viable there too. Now with Demo's Fel Imp and Afflic's Haunt nerfs, plus the Immolate buff, I think it's definitely going to be competitive. I hope.

At least now I'll be able to justify playing it to my raid leader though, rather than hearing "Why aren't you affliction" for the rest of this tier. >_<
    Last edited by ZaneBusby; 2013-09-24 at 01:43 AM.

Pretty sure the nerf to imps + the nerf to UVLS will take it out of contention vs SoO trinkets... Immolate is what 10-12% of damage done so a 30% buff is about a 3% gain give or take. 5% off haunt's damage plus this immolate change probably will not be enough to make it mainstream.

Immolate was a little over 6% of my damage on Galakras, so it's approximately a 2% buff. I'll take it!

Edit: Whoops, didn't see that Fire&Brimstone Immolate had a different row in WoL. Make that a 3% buff!
    Last edited by corg; 2013-09-24 at 02:00 AM.