Just venting, but why does every piece of gear that actually drops in SoO have hit on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    Just venting, but why does every piece of gear that actually drops in SoO have hit on it...
    Tier helm, shoulders and gloves don't from taking a quick look at my armory, but yeah, it seems a decent amount of drops do though lol.

Deleted
    All the tier doesnt have hit on it, and is mostly red and yellow sockets.

You kinda need the hit on some of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    All the tier doesnt have hit on it, and is mostly red and yellow sockets.

You kinda need the hit on some of it!
    What is this....LS with a new avatar?!?!!?

To the topic though, I agree, need to get the hit from somewhere.

Ok so Im having some major issues in stat variances with SimC and suggested stat priorities. The accepted stat prio is mastery>crit>>haste. Im at 540 ilvl and with those reforges im sitting on about 107% mastery, 26% crit and 17% haste. SimC is showing, after 15 sims at 50k iterations, haste 3.7, crit 3.0 and mastery at 2.95 (estimates). Is this legit? Should I follow SimC or stick with M>C>>H? With SimC suggested stats im at 35% haste, 25% crit, and 69% mastery. Anyone having this issue? Im using the latest version of SimC available from the website.

It's basically a question of haste vs mastery, same as 5.3, as my crit is staying relatively the same.

Edit: Single target only
    Last edited by Demonpuke; 2013-10-04 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxmuscle View Post
    Ok so Im having some major issues in stat variances with SimC and suggested stat priorities. The accepted stat prio is mastery>crit>>haste. Im at 540 ilvl and with those reforges im sitting on about 107% mastery, 26% crit and 17% haste. SimC is showing, after 15 sims at 50k iterations, haste 3.7, crit 3.0 and mastery at 2.95 (estimates). Is this legit? Should I follow SimC or stick with M>C>>H? With SimC suggested stats im at 35% haste, 25% crit, and 69% mastery. Anyone having this issue? Im using the latest version of SimC available from the website.

Seems simcraft is still using rain of fire in its rotation so thats probably why its valuing haste so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthan View Post
    Not a typo. I don't understand how could it be but that's what i've obtained for single target simulation.
    Weird, that could work out really well for you. Wonder if i have the same issue. That would be awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBGreene View Post
    What is this....LS with a new avatar?!?!!?

To the topic though, I agree, need to get the hit from somewhere.
    Lol, I'm famous!

Regarding simcraft, if the line is still in there, just delete it.

RoF isnt showing up in damage sources at all. I deleted any lines that involved RoF. Still getting the exact same stat weights.
    Last edited by Demonpuke; 2013-10-04 at 03:37 PM.

Deleted
    Which meta gem are you using then? With the normal burning primal haste is worth less than mastery/crit (it's even less than 2x1 int). Sitting at aorund 7.5k haste as well, cant go lower.

That's with burning primal. I do have LMG and cloak though.

destruciton - every guide tells another story

Hey guys.

So, im a bit confused.
    Some people say you should always use int / int + mastery/hit sockets, other say mastery / mastery + int/hit.
    which one is the better choice and why ? i use mastery / mastery + int/hit

Then the question about grimoire... every guide tells me to use gosup but when i read in forums people always say goserv/gosac.
    i dont think that gosac is still good since it has been nerfed.

And what about the pet if its not sacrificed?
    Some say imp with glyph while the guides say observer.

Help me please !

I moved your thread to the Destruction sticky, since it will have a higher likeliness of getting an answer there. It is in these three threads we want spec-related questions at 90 to be asked, to prevent clutter in the forum. The next time, please check for an existing thread with the same topic before creating a new thread. :-)

- Alarinth
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2013-10-04 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxmuscle View Post

It's basically a question of haste vs mastery, same as 5.3, as my crit is staying relatively the same.

We are at similar ilvl and I got confused by SimC too, you can read about it here.

But unless someone tells me otherwise, I'll stick to: 2021 Haste Breakpoint > Mastery > Crit >>>> Haste. I hate <1s Incinerates, so I'm removing all the extra haste that I can but mantaining the 2021 breakpoint.

Coming from an aff build its not possible to get my haste lower than about 9K and/or stay under hit cap. Since tier is hit-less it seems offset bits almost all have hit on them. This includes things like nazgrim or fallen protector shoulders.

SimC is saying haste is still decent but you sometimes have to be functionally smarter. I tried going over the 10124 haste point of immolate and that didn't seem to really impact the scaling value much. I *do* use the LMG for what its worth. Try reforging (or modifying the gear profile so its free) into what you think is a good move and then test your hypothesis. So far that seems to still yield higher results which is to say shedding haste for crit and maxing mastery. (was maxing mastery before as aff/demo)

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    No advice on this one?
    Personally i would not. The <4% chance to do this seems really really sucky. toxic totem trinket is a much better option i would think.

Sure, you might have that one lucky hit that was 5 fully buffed Chaos Bolts but how rare is that going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Badahs View Post
    Weird, that could work out really well for you. Wonder if i have the same issue. That would be awesome.
    There is something screwy going on here. I also just simmed with destro priority and then with aff priority w/ 9778 break point. Not only did the aff priority come out a few hundred dps ahead but the stat priority was changed to put haste ahead of everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badahs View Post
    There is something screwy going on here. I also just simmed with destro priority and then with aff priority w/ 9778 break point. Not only did the aff priority come out a few hundred dps ahead but the stat priority was changed to put haste ahead of everything else.
    Same thing for me, at a 552 ilvl. Destro with aff priority sims 1600dps over destro with destro priority and gives my stats weights of: haste 5.63, mastery 4.02, and crit at 4.30.

I'm also simming destro well ahead of affliction by: 8k dps 1 target, 43.5k dps 2 target, and 42.7k dps 3 target cleave.

Unless someone here tells me this simc is broken and my results are completely incorrect, I gonna plan on trying destro on hc protectors and shamans next week.

I can't understand how Haste would be good for Destro. I mean, once you hit 1s GCD on Incinerate with Backcraft, isn't any extra haste pretty much useless?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodianni View Post
    I can't understand how Haste would be good for Destro. I mean, once you hit 1s GCD on Incinerate with Backcraft, isn't any extra haste pretty much useless?
    Presumably at much higher levels of haste you're casting a lot of incinerates not under backdraft because you consume it so quickly, thus increasing ember regen.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodianni View Post
    Well, not totally useless since you still have non-Backdrafted Incinerates and Chaos Bolt that is obviously well over GCD, but you have to consider what you're giving up to get those cast times lower.