Quote Originally Posted by Leyl View Post
    If you don't nuke down those adds ASAP your tank will get shotted. Fact. If you don't nuke down those adds, then your healers will get shotted. Fact. This is on heroic mode and those adds hit like trains; they are NUMBER ONE priority for the first parts of the fight.
    You haven't killed the boss. Fact.

Deleted
    If you don't nuke down those adds ASAP your tank will get shotted. Fact. If you don't nuke down those adds, then your healers will get shotted. Fact. This is on heroic mode and those adds hit like trains; they are NUMBER ONE priority when they pop.
    You know you can move away from the blobs? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Which is wrong and should be corrected because we get an even higher % from CB/SB on AoE fights like Galakras and Spoils making GoSac even more superior.
    AoE and cleave are two different things. Galakras is mostly cleave, Wind lord = aoe.

If you don't nuke down those adds ASAP your tank will get shotted. Fact. If you don't nuke down those adds, then your healers will get shotted. Fact. This is on heroic mode and those adds hit like trains; they are NUMBER ONE priority when they pop.
    Yet, your guild hasn't made a single attempt at H dark shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by gahddo View Post
    AoE and cleave are two different things. Galakras is mostly cleave, Wind lord = aoe.
    This is what I was thinking when I wrote that line.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    No. Immune mobs don't generate embers anymore. Was hotfixed pretty early in 5.2, when people were RoF'ing the immune turtles on Tortos for the extra embers.

On a side-note: Sparkuggz finally released his Destro guide. He's saying Mastery > Crit > Haste for single target, and Mastery > Haste > Crit for AoE. Saying that unless you want to reforge on a fight by fight basis, go for Mastery > Crit = Haste, and balance your crit and haste somewhat evenly.

He also says that the Legendary Meta is equal or better than the Burning Meta if you play heavy crit with GoSac, or on AoE fights.

Any thoughts Brusalk?
    With 2/4pc I'd be inclined to say something along the lines of:

Single Target: Mastery == Crit == Haste, keeping Haste and Crit near some combination of stats (which I will expound on later) that keeps your ember generation low enough to basically have 10bits in > 10 seconds.

Low # Cleave (2-4): Haste > Mastery == Crit, prioritizing crit Immos w/ set bonuses.

AoE (>=5): Mastery > Crit == Haste.

Something similar to that is what I've found (roughly) to be accurate with 4pc.

You say in cleave (where you havoc every 25 seconds) haste>mastery? And in single target haste==mastery? This is really different than everything is said in these 138 pages :O
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

If adds are that big of an issue you are doing them wrong to begin with. Have your tank do a small circle around the boss that way you can go FnB and just keep dpsing off the boss to kill everything off. There is zero need for kiting the adds or slowing other than from your conflags.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    You say in cleave (where you havoc every 25 seconds) haste>mastery? And in single target haste==mastery? This is really different than everything is said in these 138 pages :O
    Immo buff + Set bonuses have a large impact on stat scaling. What can I say.

Note that I'm still pretty sure that you'll get best results in real encounters with Mastery > Crit == Haste, which isn't too far off from what I said previously. (And besides, I did say that those previous results were not final and merely what I'd found so far. :P)

Deleted
    Do you have any suggestions for a gear setup on spoils hc? I did 3 tries tonight, only on the mantid quarter, and it didn't feel like it had a lot of aoe, felt more like single target important targets and if those are dead, then aoe, while keep RoF up and using havoc as much as possible. I tried with mostly affliction reforges, which means I was with 11.5k haste, and it didn't feel right at all. Will a mastery>crit>haste setup be better on this fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    Do you have any suggestions for a gear setup on spoils hc? I did 3 tries tonight, only on the mantid quarter, and it didn't feel like it had a lot of aoe, felt more like single target important targets and if those are dead, then aoe, while keep RoF up and using havoc as much as possible. I tried with mostly affliction reforges, which means I was with 11.5k haste, and it didn't feel right at all. Will a mastery>crit>haste setup be better on this fight?
    Get onto Mogu side both times if your group comp allows you to and just got Mast>Crit==Haste. Destro is really really really strong on Mogu side, kinda middle of the pack on Klaxxi, really good for killing sparks on Klaxxi and really good consistent AoE damage for Mogu. At least in 25 man we swap 2 Destro Locks from Mogu to Mogu for the AoE and we don't even bother w/ sparks (the locks, anyway).

Deleted
    I literally just killed that 'boss' tonight. I ran with Mastery > haste > crit. I feel like the extra haste here works wonders because you've almost always got RoF down, and you can get lots of immolates running.

Our tank was actually pretty cautious in the Mantid room (we opened like 3 smalls at a time, til we got a kunchong) but I would definitely recommend opening as many as you can handle (like 5 or 6) so you can switch to FnB.

I pretty much just cast chaos bolt and RoF/Shadowburn to replenish.

Main thing is to keep up focus on sparks as the enrage isnt that high to be honest. For this I felt the extra haste was worth it.

edit: this is in 10 man where you don't have the luxury of ignoring sparks.

Just did spoils as destro with an aff reforge, seemed to work fine. I quite liked having that extra bit of haste when switching to unstable sparks, and having loads of mastery meant decent CBs and SBs. I had enough ember gen from shadowburning that I could throw a chaos bolt or 2 at almost every unstable spark that spawned, which was my primary focus. With chaos bolts and shadowburns making up so much of my damage I went with gsac if that helps at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    You haven't killed the boss. Fact.
    Not up on my main no, but my bro behind me has...
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just curious if anyone is using Frenzied Crystal of Rage on any fights? My guild is just progressing on Normal Klaaxi, so I have no idea yet what heroic encounters will bring. I don't really see any fights on normal with enough adds to make it better than my current trinkets. I am currently using Normal Kardis and LFR Bindings (curse 10-man loot rng)
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    Here is our logs from HC Spoils 25man: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8...?s=2173&e=2721

I play with: Mastery > Haste (10437 +/-, currently 11k) > Crit, and equip Legendary metagem (have affliction as offspec for some fights). In this Kill i had 9,8k haste 'cause i used HC Cleave trinket instead of my LFR Bindings. And i was nuking Unstable sparks as you can see from the logs so couldn't tunnel Aoe the whole match!

I quite like this combination, because with raidhaste 5% and TW/Meta gem procced Incenecrate wont get gcd capped, its just about 1 sec cast without conflagrate buff and dps is amazing for burst and susteinable dmg... And most important, I like playing this way! Still lacking gear compared to our other raiders but still can push top dmg with Destro/Affliction.

Our other Warlocks play destro with Mastery>Crit>Haste and I dont see the big difference in any fight of SoO it should be better.. I see bigger CB numbers but thats about it..
    Last edited by mmoc251f841907; 2013-10-18 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Immo buff + Set bonuses have a large impact on stat scaling. What can I say.

Note that I'm still pretty sure that you'll get best results in real encounters with Mastery > Crit == Haste, which isn't too far off from what I said previously. (And besides, I did say that those previous results were not final and merely what I'd found so far. :P)
    I know that you usually test things, but your armory says 2K haste! For once logout with your actual raiding setup!
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my gear set up? I can't seem to perform the way I should be with my itemlevel at the moment.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...brock/advanced
    I should be doing 150k dps but I can't seem to reach that. I do the normal rotation and all.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my gear set up? I can't seem to perform the way I should be with my itemlevel at the moment.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...brock/advanced
    I should be doing 150k dps but I can't seem to reach that. I do the normal rotation and all.
    Logs, and ask in the fix my dps thread. Setup itself is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    Logs, and ask in the fix my dps thread. Setup itself is fine.
    Dude.....wha....Didn't know you were on these forums.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Simcraft is telling me I should pull 210k on single target.

I'm doing roughly about 170k. I know fix my dps thread but I want to double check I if I have my rotation correct;

Opening: Pre-pot. Precast Immolate, CoE+CDs, conflag x2, Incinerate till 2 full embers, Chaosbolt x2, recast immolate (should be at pandemic), Conflag and build up ember and chaos bolt again. Then go into normal rotation.

rotation: Shadowburn > Chaosbolt w/ CDs and procs > Conflag on CD > Incinerate w/ conflag > Fel Flame > Chaos bolt 3.5 embers